shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok...its done..I have a bajillion pics...get ready for a barrage of Delaney''s nursery photos! There is no crib because my son is still in it. DH has to re-do his room since we are changing the theme for his new bed/bedding. That''s ok...Delaney has a bassinet in our room for the first few months anyway. (Jake slept there for his first 5.5 months...no hurry). But all I''ll have to do is move the crib in her room & put the bedding on.

Oh, my stepmom did this amazing nightstand for her, she''s having my dad fix the hinges for her (its antique) so that''s not in there yet.

First pic: The outside of her door.....the white flowers are magnets, so you can put notes on it! Cool!

P1010854.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Bookshelf & pale pink sheers. (I am a horrible photographer & could NOT get the lighting right for the life of me) and yes, the walls are a pale green...the color is not showing up true in the photos..its REALLY soft and pretty.

P1010855.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Door to attic crawlspace...we put the matching pink flower knob from Anthropologie on it too..too cute!!

P1010857.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
built ins...

P1010861.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
good dresser shot

P1010862.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Her "the princess sleeps here" sign & better shot of the sheers... (edited post)

P1010867.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
(where crib will go in this area of the room with the glider...which I have in my living room right now...its cherry & ivory chenille..the crib is cherry too)

P1010868.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
The painting my friend''s mom made her

P1010869.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Inside of her door....pink knob again! love them!

P1010870.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
my dad just has to wire the chandelier into the ceiling, and then my dh has to hang her pearlized & rhinestone hooks....But its done, and it took me darn near 3 hours to hem those dang sheers.

I''m going to buy these really cool white honeycomb cloth window coverings to go under the sheers. They are that honeycomb shade thingie...but it has mylar on the inside, so it completely BLACKS out the room! Jake''s room is getting them too!

Black out shades rule during naptime & daylight savings. LOL. But that can wait for now....

I think I need an area rug too....what do you all think? Pale green? Pink? any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you for looking!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and look in her bookshelf...could her CD player be ANY cuter? $35 at Target....its white with pink n green flowers. Total score.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks DS! I am really happy with it.

Diver, looks great! How funny I noticed her CD player and was thinking if I needed one. Did they have other designs? Your house has so much charm. I vote for a green AND pink rug (something with a pattern). PB had some cute ones.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
You ladies have done some gorgeous jobs on your nurseries, I love them. I have 7 month old twins (1 boy, 1 girl), and as far as true decorating, I haven't done anything that compares to you. I guess I am not talented or creative. ho hum, wish I was as I look at your photos. All I can say is that our walls are yellow, a good baby color...LoL.

To chime in on a more practical note, what kind of mattresses did you buy for the cribs? I worried about this for a while, and I finally bought the Colgate Classica III mattress. It is a foam mattress (and nice and light), and has one side which is firmer for infants, and then the opposite side is a little softer for when they get bigger. I am definitely happy with our choice. We just put the second crib together, and I just bought a second identical mattress. I can't wait for it to arrive this week. In the meantime I am using another mattress that I acquired. It is so soft that my 15 lb daughter literally makes it deform when I put her in it. Oh my goodness, I hate that soft mattress.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
rms, I have heard the firmer the better (against SIDS). I do not remember the brand name of ours put it has one side firmer for babies/other a little softer for toddlers. Yellow is a good baby color. We chose blue b/c it looked the best with the bedding. What are your twin''s names? You and Ella have a lot in common. She is having boy/girl twins.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hi rms!
35.gif
Nice to see another twin mom here (though I''m not one yet ... another 12-16 weeks I hope!). I know someone else here has had twins too but I can''t remember who .... hmmm. I met someone last night at a wedding who has two sets of twins -- yikes! She gave me LOTS of advice though!

Diver, I posted in PG thread, too, but holy cow, Delaney''s room is just gorgeous!!! Love the colors, love the furniture, love it all!

OK, so onto mattresses now ... Baby Bargains didn''t really seem to recommend foam or coil over the other, so we decided to go with coil (well, they''re on our registry -- not that I expect anyone to buy us mattresses, but more so we can remember what we chose -- but don''t have them yet). Are foam supposed to be better? Hmmm. I think I''ll post this in the PG thread too ...

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori,
The kids' names are Elizabeth and Nicholas. Sounds like you have the same mattress as I do, I don't know of any other that has sides which are of 2 different firmness levels. The bottom line is that I love the mattress. The Colgate Classica I is the foam one recommended in Baby Bargains, and the Classica III is just a slightly different variety of that. I haven't been on the website lately, but I think if you go to the Colgate website it explains everything pretty clearly. I can't wait until the second one gets here.

ellaila,
hold those babies in there as long as it takes!! I had a really rough road. Got caught dilating at 24 weeks, then bed rest for 6 weeks and in and out of the hospital the whole time. Then my daughter's water broke at 29 1/2 weeks, back into the hospital for me for the 4th time, and 4 days later I went into labor. My kiddos were born at 30 weeks and 4 hours gestation, and spent over 50 days in the NICU. They were born just over 3 lbs each, and dipped to lows of 2lb 10oz or so. Scary. My son even had heart surgery when he was 1 month old and weighed 4 lbs. Super scary. But they've been home since April 1 and are doing nothing but thrive now. They seem fine developmentally. My daughter is even already scooting/crawling...she is only 5 months corrected age, so it's pretty cool. They are both over 15 lbs now...good for them, bad for my back!
2.gif

From everything I read abot mattresses, foam or coil makes no big difference...it is really just personal preference. Like Tacori said, it's all about firmness level and fitting well into the crib to ensure safety for the kids.

Congrats to all of you on the upcoming births of your children. They are so fun!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Diver - I LOVE Delaney''s room! Its perfect for a little girl. Its not too sweet with pink everywhere... just right. And that chandelier is fabulous!!!! I think Tacori is right about a green and pink rug... maybe more pink with green since the walls are green?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I am SO excited to #1 be finished with the room and everything, but #2 to share it with everyone!

First up... walking into the room from the hallway:

njcroom0.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Door way from inside the room...

njcroom1.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Dresser/changing table...

njcroom2.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
DHs parents are bringing down the rocker they used for DH and SIL when they come next, so that will replace the chair. We have put moving the big leather recliner on hold because we arent sure it will fit around the corner to get it into the room.

njcroom3.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
All the stuff in the corner is still looking for new home, but its out of the way and harmless for the moment!

njcroom4.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
And last but not least... a good shot inside the crib!

inside_crib.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
njc: your nursery looks beautiful, love the blues......

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous nursery, njc!! The blues are just heaven together! And even though I''m really happy that we got a free crib (and a good one at that!), I''ve got total dark-wood envy of yours and Tacori''s cribs -- they''re so beautiful and rich looking! I hope you can get that leather recliner in there because I bet it would actually look perfect in there ...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
NJC, your nursery is gorgeous! I love the blues, so pretty!!! Great job!

Diver you husband did an awesome job, beautiful!!!

Eta: I love seeing all the nurseries; fantastic lady's and hubbys!!!
36.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
njc--the room looks really cute-I love the two shades of blue! It makes an adorable nursery without being really babyish, its great!

The weird thing is, I''m sitting in a room that looks almost identical to yours (layout, not decorating): the window, door, closet, floor vet, stair railing out in the hall--its all the same (except the bump-in in the corner). I suppose it could be a common layout (its one of the back two bedrooms of a 3 bedroom townhouse in my case), but it was so similar, I did a double take.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
NJC!! Beautiful room! I love all the blues and the chair rail. its gorgeous. What name do you have for little fella??? I can''t believe you are RIGHT behind me. how fun.
''

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
NJC, forgot to say, I LOVE the dresser/changing table piece. That''s a great piece of furniture.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Njc, your nursery looks awesome!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results