shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif

TacoriBabyRoom_2.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will be spending a lot of time in this glider!

TacoriBabyRoom_3.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the crib!

TacoriBabyRoom_4.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the paintings I did to match the bedding. We still need to hang them.

TacoriBabyRoom_5.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
and finally the changing table I am so proud of. We still need a cover. The caddy on top will be used downstairs. I was just excited
b/c the colors matched so well!

TacoriBabyRoom_6.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori, it's fantabulous!!! I LOVE the paintings you did -- just love them!! Once we decide what to do with our nursery, I'm hiring you (you should have plenty of free time to paint in October/November, right?
2.gif
)!

We're getting excited to start working on ours, even though all we know right now is that we want the walls to be a celery/sage green. I didnt' realize how hard it is to find bedding that you like -- and even harder to find one that works for both a boy and a girl. So we may just wind up doing solid colors for the bedding (or something like a lilac gingham for her and a blue gingham for him) and then decorate with cute baby stuff that works with whatever colors we have. So no real "theme" to speak of -- just cuteness.

ETA: those colors -- the soft blue walls with dark wood furniture and white trim -- are exactly how I want do our bathroom too. Such a gorgeous color combo!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ella! I spent probably 10 hours on those paintings
14.gif
the one with the diamonds was SOOOO hard to do. I hate to measure things! I can't wait to see them hung. I think I want 4 over the crib, 2 over the changing table. Do you think the valances look ok? It was either use one that was too short or two that were too long. I need to have DH over out the brackets alittle so they can lay flat. If you were local I would totally help you!

What do you think about the chair?

Honestly I would choose the bedding FIRST then make your paint decision. I never thought we would paint it blue (thought green or yellow) but it worked with my bedding....I think it will still work for a girl (I hope anyways). The ceiling is 2 shades lighter (hard to tell in the photos). I am going to take the bumper off when we move the baby in there. Makes me a little nervous but for now it is cute to look at.

It feels so empty but it will probably get filled with stuff fast.

ETA: I love the contrast of the dark wood and walls too. It would be perfect for a bathroom.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wholly crap chickadee!!! i thought i was still looking at pro pb shots or something
6.gif

the tripple crown ROCKS. the soft blue ROCKS! i love the furniture & the color palatte. so neutral on the gender! i think you''ve spot on!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

well done!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 4:56:51 PM
Author: jcrow
wholly crap chickadee!!! i thought i was still looking at pro pb shots or something
6.gif

the tripple crown ROCKS. the soft blue ROCKS! i love the furniture & the color palatte. so neutral on the gender! i think you''ve spot on!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

well done!

Oh you are so sweet! Thanks. DH does a good job on stuff like that. I am lucky that we had a nice room to work with. It is such a relief to have most of it done and exciting to think our baby (and future babies) will be living in that room. I like to think of it as cute elegance rather than cheesy (and there is so much cheesy baby stuff out there
3.gif
)

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
tacori: absolutely beautiful. I love the triple crown...your dh did very very good! I can''t believe you painted those pictures, you are so talented! I''d love to be able to do something like that.

Great room, the whole thing is gorgeous and perfect for either gender...you did awesome! Now can you come help me finish mine?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 5:16:03 PM
Author: divergrrl
tacori: absolutely beautiful. I love the triple crown...your dh did very very good! I can''t believe you painted those pictures, you are so talented! I''d love to be able to do something like that.

Great room, the whole thing is gorgeous and perfect for either gender...you did awesome! Now can you come help me finish mine?

Thank you! Yours is off to a great start (what a great space YOU have!) I was in art school a long time ago but these are the first paintings I have done since I graduated. The bedding really inspired with with all its different patterns. If there was a way to help you I totally would!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori, the nursery looks gorgeous. Blue is my favorite color so I painted my oldest daughter''s room light blue and did blue toile bedding for her nursery, so it totally will work for a girl IMO.

I went to pottery barn kids today to look at beds/bedding/nursery stuff. we are redoing my two girls rooms, seperating them so i''m letting them choose their own bedding. I just had to check out the crib section to see which one I want since I got rid of the one i used with my girls. the siderail broke (wouldn''t go up and down) and it drove me nuts. So this kid is getting a new crib. also saw the boat bed that I''m so getting if this baby is a boy...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous baby room Tacori! Triple crown! Wowwwww! Good job Tacori''s DH! Everything is so cute! I love your baby bag. Is it Vera Bradley?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 6:42:40 PM
Author: mrssalvo
tacori, the nursery looks gorgeous. Blue is my favorite color so I painted my oldest daughter''s room light blue and did blue toile bedding for her nursery, so it totally will work for a girl IMO.

I went to pottery barn kids today to look at beds/bedding/nursery stuff. we are redoing my two girls rooms, seperating them so i''m letting them choose their own bedding. I just had to check out the crib section to see which one I want since I got rid of the one i used with my girls. the siderail broke (wouldn''t go up and down) and it drove me nuts. So this kid is getting a new crib. also saw the boat bed that I''m so getting if this baby is a boy...

The blue seems really soothing. How fun you get to decorate three rooms. I was honestly not that impressed when I saw PB cribs though their boat bed IS adorable. I really think mine is better quality. It is a Munire. There website is here. They have many different styles and finishes. We like more modern furniture so this crib was perfect for our style. Mine doesn''t have side rails though. It is currently set on the highest setting (which is why the bed skirt looks so short) but I can reach it fine (at 5''1").

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 6:49:44 PM
Author: Miranda
What a gorgeous baby room Tacori! Triple crown! Wowwwww! Good job Tacori''s DH! Everything is so cute! I love your baby bag. Is it Vera Bradley?

Thanks Miranda. You should see his tile work
30.gif
He loves that stuff as much as I love diamonds
2.gif
My diaper bag IS a vera bradley (good eye!) I don''t have any of her purses but I feel in love with her diaper bags. It is the peacock design.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 7:28:37 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 8/28/2007 6:49:44 PM
Author: Miranda

Thanks Miranda. You should see his tile work
30.gif
He loves that stuff as much as I love diamonds
2.gif
My diaper bag IS a vera bradley (good eye!) I don''t have any of her purses but I feel in love with her diaper bags. It is the peacock design.
That''s how my DH is. He loves doing things around the house. He''s done all of our crown (one layer) and window casings...Because, ya know, we west coasters have DULL windows...It drives me nuts!

I love Vera Bradley for diaper bags. I have a lot of the pink pansy (retired) and petal pink for my DD. The patterns are so much fun. And they hold up so well after repeated washings. She has 2 bitty betsy style purses that she loves. I even bought some napkins in petal pink and made a skirt for her and her Bitty Baby doll to match. Though I don''t carry the bags myself, I have a bit of a fetish.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda that one is so cute. I love seeing moms with baby girls with really girly things. I had to pick something gender neutral. I found this diaper envelope thing to store diapers in a similar pattern so of course I got excited (I am a dork). I got the matching makeup case where I can put pacis or something (it had the plastic lining) and ID holder. I like that you can wash it all. Plus the colors/patterns are just so cheery. I love them. I thought their prices were reasonable as well (for such a large bag).

ETA: luckily the only room now w/o crown now is our guest room. I had to live with him doing all of it (including new, bigger baseboards) in our last house and it was such a pain to live through (so much dust!). I am very glad the exisiting crown is up to his standards, ie large, and there is already decorative molding downstairs. He has mentioned redoing the baseboards but I am trying to convince him that is the LAST thing we need to do. It is nice to have a handy DH though don't ya think?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori - The room looks great! You also did a great job on the paintings. I think 4 and 2 will be good! I see what you are saying about the fabric on the chair, but hey, its gonna get covered in all sorts of stuff and it was free right!? It looks great no matter what. Triple crown looks great too... wish we had some in our house! Nice extra detail. I hear you on living with all the dust and mess putting trim up causes! We are slowly replacing all our trim in the house... its nothing but dust, nails and cussing!

Ella - I agree with T... pick out your bedding first!

MrsS - Too funny about the boat bed... DH saw that this weekend and wants it to!
3.gif
We went in looking for a nightstand and he want the one that matches that, but I wouldnt go for it!

Gah... hopefully I can add pictures to here after this weekend... I hope, I hope, I hope!
26.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
njc, at least it is comfortable. I think the fabric will grow on me and it was their easiest to clean. I can slip cover it in a few years if it still bothers me. I think the color looks good though (mocha). Maybe I will have DH hang the paintings today. My mom wants to amke a needle point for the baby too.

I hope to see your nursery pics soon!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump for the other mommies to be to add theirs. Don''t be shy now!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to start posting in this thread. I won''t start on the nursury though until we find out what we are having..

i just love seeing what everyone else is doing...

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I wanna play! I just ordered the bedding yesterday and can't wait to see it in person! It's from Pottery Barn Kids, and it's their Kasey line -- I got the lavender for the girl's bed and the navy/khaki for the boy's (the photo is of a kid's bed but they do make it for cribs too). They both have the same green gingham in them as well as the same pattern, so I think they'll look really cute in the same room! Going with lavender sheets and bed skirt (gingham and solids) for girl and green (gingham and solids) for boy -- may switch to blue for boy if it looks better with the bedding, but I am so in love with the green that I hope we can use that one! The green is MUCH prettier in person than in the photos -- much softer and sage-ier, less bright.

Our cribs and furniture are natural wood, and I think we're just going to go with white accents -- shades, lamps, etc. And I want to do their names on the walls in white letters (though I got a JC Penney catalog at home yesterday and they actually had really cute gingham letters, so if that doesn't look like it's too much, I may do that!).

Can't wait to see it all put together!
36.gif

kasey_boy_girl.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
Great job on the nursery Tacori!
I love the color you chose for the walls. I wouldn''t mind having it in my own bedroom
5.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME nursery, Tacori!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks lili and charger. I am really happy how it turned out. Now we just need the baby!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Our bedding arrived today and HOLY COW I''m in looooooove!!! It''s *perfect*! We hope to start painting this weekend, so hopefully I can post some "during" shots soon of the room!! We''re so excited to get started on it!

Tacori, when can I hire you to do our nursery paintings for us?
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 9:01:56 PM
Author: ellaila
Our bedding arrived today and HOLY COW I''m in looooooove!!! It''s *perfect*! We hope to start painting this weekend, so hopefully I can post some ''during'' shots soon of the room!! We''re so excited to get started on it!

Tacori, when can I hire you to do our nursery paintings for us?
2.gif

Of course! But I have no idea how I would get your address
1.gif
I am glad it looks as good in person. It will be so cute for sure!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori,
the nursery looks sooo amazing. I am so impressed with your paintings. are you an artist? if you aren''t you should be. so exciting.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2007 1:47:13 PM
Author: pavelover
Tacori,

the nursery looks sooo amazing. I am so impressed with your paintings. are you an artist? if you aren''t you should be. so exciting.

Ahhh..thanks pave. I did go to an art school (I have a BFA) but I am a graphic designer now. I used to draw and paint all the time but life gets busy...you know how it is. These are actually the first paintings I have done in 5 years so it made them even more special that they were for my baby. I should take an updated pic since we have hung them now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, your nursery looks great! I love the colors and especially your paintings! You and your DH are both so talented!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results