shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Island, I would use that style in my OWN bedroom so I don''t think it will be a problem. I do want a crib. We are planning to have 2-3 children so it will get well used. It also converts into a double bed (headboard and footboard) and would perfect for a guest room *if* it is still in decent condition.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hey Tacori: Here''s an idea (cuz that crib is SOOOO gorgeous) take a stuffed animal (or your purse) and try to lay it down like a baby. If its lower to the ground than a standard crib, it might not be an issue (mine is higher). You can call the store mgr before you go & ask them to put the mattress at the lowest setting so you know. Shoot, if they want the sale, they owe it to the mom to be to let her see how the furniture will work for her.

As for the siderail waking up baby, Island made a very good point with that. I never rocked my child to sleep though...I would always put him down awake so he could learn to fall asleep on his own (worked like a charm too). But on the odd occasion that he passed out in our arms, if he was really out, it never woke him up, but if he was only a little asleep just the action of laying him down would wake him up. Love that.

Diver

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, S! That is a pretty crib! I wouldn''t worry about the convertible part because you''ll be using it for a looong time as a crib if you have 3 children! I am not sure how I feel about the sides not dropping down. I think it will make it a pain changing the crib sheets more than being a problem getting the baby in and out. I think it''s true that by the time you drop the mattress down low, the child will be standing in the crib waiting for you to take him out, so I don''t recall lowering the side for that purpose much.

But I do agree with whoever said to get the dresser with hutch. It''s good to make use of the vertical space in the room, and you can''t have too many book shelves in a child''s room!

Oh, and will there be a bed in the nursery? I always liked to have at least a twin bed in there. I didn''t like changing tables so I always used the bed in the room for changing and dressing babies. There''s just a point that they are too big to use a changing table very easily.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! I love the furniture you''ve picked out. I work as a postpartum doula, and I have found that the crib style is difficult for changing sheets without a drop down side at my height of 5''4". The lower set of drawers would be a great place for placing the changing area.

A little off topic - but one of the best crib mobiles I''ve seen is this one by Tiny Love:

http://geniusbabies.com/symmobtinlov.html I''m working with a family with twins, and the babies are captivated by this mobile - it''s great at sleepytime with the classical music that it plays.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Diver, that is a great idea. I am currently in Ohio and I know my MIL wants to go to the baby store so I am going to try out your "test." I never thought about what a PITA it would be to change the sheets. Maybe I can convince DH he HAS to do it since I can''t reach *evil laugh* I guess I have to go and really see it again. I haven''t found anything I like as much so hopefully it will work.

DS, I already brought back two huge boxes of children''s books from my parents. I am so glad my mom saved them. My sister and I divided up the lot. I was amazed by how much we remembered certain ones.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori! I was at my friend's house y'day and she had a crib much like yours (no drop down side, nice heavy wood construction) and I was shocked to see how much LOWER to the ground it was than my standard crib. I put her son in it and was like, well hell! This could work for her. I am SOOO sorry that I spooked you, but I was under the very incorrect impression that the crib would be tall like mine & I was like, "how on earth could she manage this?". ***sheepish grin****

As for changing the sheets, well, its a stinker no matter what kind of crib. You kinda have to pull up the corners of the crib mattress. Definitely a GOOD DH chore. LOL....

Diver

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver you are so sweet! I was actually looking at pottery barn cribs thinking maybe I should get one of theirs instead since they have drop sides but I really do *love* the one I posted. I will just have to go back and visit it. Never knew this was going to be so confusing. Since they are so expensive I really want to make the right decision.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori....Yes, well, I feel like an idiot...*slapping forehead with palm of hand*, I think the crib you have picked out is so amazing, I''ve never seen one like it before. You should get that if you love it, I''m sure its low to the ground too. :) l

Diver

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver we went back today and the side is low. I don''t even have to go on my tippy toes so I am going to go with the Urban. They had a lot of great choices but that is the one I really love. I am glad I checked it out though. I honestly didn''t even think about it. How''s your princess''s nursery coming along?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay the crib and dresser are ordered!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I went with the taller ones so I will buy a $100 cheap changing table at target or something. I doubt I will be able to match the wood so should I just get a white one? I saw at blue on at walmat. Thought that might be kind of cute with the bedding. What does everyone think?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: If you aren''t going to match, then do a contrast! Get the blue! It''ll be fun. Throw a blue toss pillow on the rocker/glider or whatever to tie it in.

i''m so excited for you!
36.gif

I am 5 days away from starting on our girl''s nursery. We have 1 more coat of floor sealer for our new "guest room" (the old office, had to reseal stone floors) and then I can move my guest room furniture out of her nursery & start painting!

Her dresser/bookcase/mirror are in my garage...waiting. I will post photos of them for you tomorrow.

Diver (getting the you know what kicked out of her right now)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are excited too! It is a very generous gift from my parents.
16.gif
What color are you painted Delaney''s room? We are SO far from that. Did you see my post in the other thread about Old Navy''s baby sale? Their pull up type pants are only $2.99. I bought three pairs of gray ones (different sizes) and a striped one. I think DH wants to buckle and find out the sex on thursday after seeing how cute their clothes are. I am going to stay strong though!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: I saw your sale news! But if you remember, the weekend of June 1st I went to our outlets here at the beach and STOCKED UP on babygap, children''s place, and oldnavy outfits for her...darling stuff...3 huge full bags of clothes....dirt cheap...dresses, onesies, little pants, shorts, cardigans..its disgusting. But it was all $2 to $6 dollars!

We are painting her room a color called "glass". Its a green & designed by a local PacNW artist. She designs paints to perform optimally in our dreary winters. But its really pale & is reminiscent of the green color on old coke bottles. My bedroom/masterbath is done in glass, as is my dance studio/gym. Its a great color. Changes with the light....

Argh...little man is sleeping hard, better get him up from that nap or he''ll never go to bed!!!

Diver

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 8:15:42 PM
Author: divergrrl
Tacori: I saw your sale news! But if you remember, the weekend of June 1st I went to our outlets here at the beach and STOCKED UP on babygap, children''s place, and oldnavy outfits for her...darling stuff...3 huge full bags of clothes....dirt cheap...dresses, onesies, little pants, shorts, cardigans..its disgusting. But it was all $2 to $6 dollars!

We are painting her room a color called ''glass''. Its a green & designed by a local PacNW artist. She designs paints to perform optimally in our dreary winters. But its really pale & is reminiscent of the green color on old coke bottles. My bedroom/masterbath is done in glass, as is my dance studio/gym. Its a great color. Changes with the light....

Argh...little man is sleeping hard, better get him up from that nap or he''ll never go to bed!!!

Diver

Oh that is right! I forgot all about your shopping spree. I am sure she is set! The green sounds beautiful! I love green combined with pink (if you are using pink). I am sure your nursery will look great. I am still waiting for the stupid valence to ship out so I can pick a paint color and fabric for my glider. I know I have time but I am just excited to get stuff done! I still think a light blue will be the best choice. I will have to wait and see if it works with the blue changing table otherwise I will just go with white. I guess I could always spray paint a white one the EXACT color I want but that seems like a lot of work!
2.gif
I also think I changed my mind about the sage green changing pad cover. I love it but think a blue would be a better choice for the room.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: Here is some of Delaney''s furniture...its in my garage right now, because we are *ALMOST* done with the new guest room. We just have to move all the furniture down into the new guest room & then we can get started on baby''s room.

Dresser:

P1010461.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Bookcase...

P1010460.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mirror...these all came from the same seller on craiglist..she specializes in refurbing antique furniture. its made so well and was SOOOO cheap! I spent just over $300 for all 3 pieces.

I''ll use Jake''s crib, changer & rocker when the time comes...I have pics of those next --they are still in his room. As soon as we finish baby''s room, I''ll start doing his room...he has a big boy bed coming his way!

P1010459.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
try this again.....

P1010461-1.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock

P1010459-1.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Jake''s room ..here is his crib....

P1010448-1.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
other side of his room & his changer...tacori...see my furniture doesn''t all match... LOL.

P1010449-1.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
one more crib shot

P1010446-1.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver it looks great! Your son is adorable!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your daughter''s furniture! It is so sweet for a little girl! Oh, I don''t think my furniture *has* to match but since we are basically buying everything I figure it might as well. I love your son''s bookcase (I think I saw a version on the lanf of nod website) Where did you get his? What is his big boy bed going to look like? Be sure to add a photo of her bedding too!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: geez girl...you got me jumpin'' today. Yesirree! I''ll get on those pics...LOL! His big boy bed is a low to the ground, full size mission style---right now it is maple colored (like the lid of his toy box) but I want to paint it the same red as his dresser....DH doesn''t. I will most likely win that one. DH is putting a white chair rail into his room & we are painting the bottom half of the wall navy blue, and the top half light tan. His bookshelf came from Pottery Barn Kids.

I don''t know if you can tell, but his ceiling has white beams all the way across it & tongue in groove white wood ceilings. I''ll try to get a better pic after nap is over. Delaney''s room has the same beam structure. Its very cool...old homes...1904 to be exact!!!

Ok..gotta finish dh''s fathers day gift before he gets home from chicago, so I am done posting for now!!! I have like 4 hours till he gets home! (he''s mid-air right now)

EDD 9-22-07

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to make you work! Everything looks great. I just love Delaney's furniture. So perfect for a little girl. I love those kinds of ceilings. Very cool! I am still months away from any real nursery progress.
26.gif
I am STILL waiting for the valance I ordered from Target! I ordered it weeks ago.
20.gif
I might need to break down and just buy the bedding. I wanted to wait until after my second shower (to see if one of the grandmothers or great grandmothers were to buy it) but b/c of shipping delays I wonder if I should just bite the bullet. I know my SIL is getting me a target gift card for my birthday so that should help.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
UPDATE: DH picked up the crib and dresser today!!!! It came in so fast!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
We aren''t going to put it together until the room is painted (which means I have to get the bedding first) so photos are probably months away.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I need help! We weren''t going to do the recess panels but now DH is really into that idea (maybe 5 ft high). The inspiration was this pic (with our beautiful bedding). If we do this we will do white on the panels and the limey green on the top 1/3 of the walls (which DH loves since it is not a typical baby color). Will the dark furniture look funny against the white (my mom thinks so). Is this something that an older child would hate? If we don''t do this we will paint the walls a light blue. What does everyone think?!?

whitepanel.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the changing table I am leaning towards. It is cheap and has clean lines. Plus I love that there is a closed storage area and then I will get a few baskets for the open shelf. I will paint it the lime green and probably get a sky blue changing pad cover.

0008021375221_215X215.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay it is not finished but it is pretty close. What does everyone think? DH put triple crown up. It's *his* thing.

TacoriBabyRoom_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results