shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I love everyone''s nursery. They are so pretty.

We are going to get the Simplicity Ellis Crib in Espresso. We plan to paint the room sky blue with a mural inspired by Tokidoki Paradiso Print. We are also thinking some stars & moon plush wall decor and customized plush name wall hanging. We already has a black dresser, so I am hoping it will work with the crib, but we''ll have to see when the crib come in. We also have a bed in the room right now, so I don''t know if we should keep it in there or not. That''s what we have in mind, but we have to work out the details.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
We went shopping last weekend and fell in love with the Munire Antigua nursery furniture. It looks to be well constructed, but is kind of pricey. The crib looks great converted to a full size bed. I love the detail on the legs. The British Colonial look is totally our taste, but I wonder if it is too adult looking for a baby or child. I like both the Chestnut and Mahagony colors. I was thinking of using sage and ivory as the primary colors, with pink accents if it's a girl. (I love pink and green together.)

http://www.munirefurniture.com/pdfs/antigua.pdf

Attachments

• Antigua Chestnut 2.gif
    67.7 KB · Views: 231

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Here it is in Mahagony:

Antigua mahagony.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
This isn''t the best picture, but it gives an idea of what the crib looks like when it is converted to a bed, and shows the nightstand. We are thinking of getting the crib, the shorter dresser (maybe with the hutch) and two nightstands for later (they can go in the guest room for now).

Antigua Bed & NS.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Do I really need a separate changing table? I would like to just put a changing pad/tray on the dresser, but I have read it is not safe if you can''t secure it to the furniture (not sure if that is true). What is everyone else using?

I notice all the bedding sets come with a bumper and quilt, but is there any point buying them if they are not safe because of SIDS? Can you use them once the baby reaches a certain age? If not, I''ll just buy fitted sheets and make a skirt.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Here''s pics of M''s nursery as promised.

Meena_Nursery_01.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
crib

Meena_Nursery_02.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
PBK mobile

Meena_Nursery_04.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
crib and rocking ducky

Meena_Nursery_05.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
chair, changing table, etc

Meena_Nursery_08.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
more

Meena_Nursery_10.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
the closet

Meena_Nursery_11.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Her clothes. I didn''t buy any of the pink clothes in there. They were all gifts.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
oops didn''t attach the pic.

Meena_Clothes.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
And inside the closet. Clothes that I got on sale at Macy''s. Mostly Ralph Lauren that were marked down for 40-50% off. Everything was less than $25.

Meena_Closet.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
And the rocking ducky my SIL got for us yesterday. It''s so cute. I''ll take the plastic off after I give birth. Don''t want it to get dusty.

Meena_Rocking_Ducky.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
qtiekiki, Meena''s nursery is beautiful! You and your DH did a great job! I love the colors, stars, and the mobile! It looks like you have everything ready for her. You are so close! I can''t wait to meet Meena!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Q, I love your nursery--it looks great!! You are so organized. The only thing that''s missing is Meena!!! Great job!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes...that is awesome! The more I see this thread, the more I feel guilty I am making Amelia live in a home office with a fax machine that goes off in the middle of the night!

One thing, if I may suggest, is that if you want to use the very cute mobile, put if off ide so the baby can see it. A lot of newborns don''t look straight up for too long, plus that mobile will look more interesting from the side (as not much seems directed toward "below".)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tgal - Good to know about newborn not looking straight up for long. I''ll move it off to one side. You know, I feel like maybe I went out board and did too much to the nursery. Like maybe we should''ve just painted the walls one color and put a crib in it because I am pretty sure it''ll change once M gets older. Oh well, too late now. hehe.

Curly - It only looks organized because we really didn''t buy a lot of stuffs and I am hiding stuffs in DH''s office.
9.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Great job QT on the nursery.
I love the color palette and the decoration.
The rocking ducky is super cute.
I can see why you wanted to get it.

Awesome deals on the macy clothes.
That''s alot of under $25 color.
Hey, I think I recognize the green romper on the left side
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 7:14:20 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Tgal - Good to know about newborn not looking straight up for long. I''ll move it off to one side. You know, I feel like maybe I went out board and did too much to the nursery. Like maybe we should''ve just painted the walls one color and put a crib in it because I am pretty sure it''ll change once M gets older. Oh well, too late now. hehe.

Curly - It only looks organized because we really didn''t buy a lot of stuffs and I am hiding stuffs in DH''s office.
9.gif
Of course, you''re talking to the mama of a girl who had a gimp neck (she only looked to the left until we began her physical therapy). So see what your baby does, and then you can adjust so she can enjoy the pretty mobile.

And no...your nursery is gorgeous. I wouldn''t change a thing. I''m jealous!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 8:16:03 PM
Author: lili
That''s alot of under $25 color.

oh my, i''m not making any sense there.
that''s what happen when you have an infant refusing to sleep :)
i meant to say, that''s alot of clothes for under $25.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 6:46:09 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Holy smokes...that is awesome! The more I see this thread, the more I feel guilty I am making Amelia live in a home office with a fax machine that goes off in the middle of the night!

One thing, if I may suggest, is that if you want to use the very cute mobile, put if off ide so the baby can see it. A lot of newborns don''t look straight up for too long, plus that mobile will look more interesting from the side (as not much seems directed toward ''below''.)

Don''t feel bad, mine are currently sharing a room with us. I''m kind of overprotective.

I think they nursery is fabulous and I love the walls. It''s very classy yet playful at the same time.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Q -- the nursery turned out just beautiful!! I LOVE the colors and stars!

I''m still working on mine -- maybe I''ll have to post "in progress" photos since it''s still half playroom and that part is *always* messy :) Like Penn, mine''ll be sleeping in our room at first anyway, but I wanted to make sure a crib was up so that it''s there if we have to separate them!

jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 10:56:11 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 7/26/2008 3:43:53 PM
Author: sk8rjen
Q -- the nursery turned out just beautiful!! I LOVE the colors and stars!

I''m still working on mine -- maybe I''ll have to post ''in progress'' photos since it''s still half playroom and that part is *always* messy :) Like Penn, mine''ll be sleeping in our room at first anyway, but I wanted to make sure a crib was up so that it''s there if we have to separate them!

jen
JEN! I love your avatar! Awww!
9.gif

I love both of your new avatars!

Jen, you look so pretty!

And SDL, that''s a really great sign. Made me giggle, for sure! I need one of those!!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2008 3:42:19 PM
Author: Kay
We went shopping last weekend and fell in love with the Munire Antigua nursery furniture. It looks to be well constructed, but is kind of pricey. The crib looks great converted to a full size bed. I love the detail on the legs. The British Colonial look is totally our taste, but I wonder if it is too adult looking for a baby or child. I like both the Chestnut and Mahagony colors. I was thinking of using sage and ivory as the primary colors, with pink accents if it''s a girl. (I love pink and green together.)

http://www.munirefurniture.com/pdfs/antigua.pdf
Kay I LOVE this. It''s similar to what I like though so I am biased!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
QT Meena''s nursery looks great! I love the rocking duck!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
This is the cot I am looking at: converts to a childs bed too.

Sleigh-Cot-LB-EO.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Butterfly, somehow I misses Kara''s nursery....so sweet!

Q, M''s nursery is adorable. I don''t even WANT to show you T''s closet. It is embarrassing how she has more clothed than DH and I combined
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results