shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW "Autumn" ring is a season late, but finally finished.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza! Love the twig twist band. Never seen anything like it. The whole ring is gorgeous.

Thanks for updating us! Nice to see you’re doing well.

Thank you, ladies!! I lost my dearest friend (and former partner) of 24 years this past July in an accident. I was an absolute mess for months, so it was a terrible holiday season. I'm just coming out of the fog now. For a while there, I thought I'd have to be hospitalized, it was that bad. Trying to think of him and smile now, rather than cry. So I started working on this piece to distract myself. It really lifted my spirits... so does being here with you guys!!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I was starting to believe I'd never see this ring completed. The top and the stones are beautiful, of course, but to be honest, that band... the twisted twigs and maple leaves... it steals the show. Or at the very least, my heart. I'd love to have such a band, just the band... oh, be still, my heart! :kiss2:

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. I was hoping the reason you were away was just... work, life, and not trauma. But we're all very happy to see you again, regardless.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for your loss @Autumn in New England and understand why you were gone for a while. There are some things in life nothing prepares us for and we are left just trying to get thru the day. I hope you are having some easier days now. Please know you can reach out here if you need support. Grief is so hard.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just amazing!! The detail work is wonderful and the colors ARE Autumn. I am always enamored of pieces that are mini works of art! I can't wait to see a million more pics when you get it.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

It's been a while, friends. I hope everyone is well! :wavey: DK just completed this ring, so I wanted to quickly share. Some of you might remember seeing my composite and CAD several months back. At center is a 12x9mm untreated orangey-brown zircon. The inner halo and band have white diamonds, and the outer halo is a combo of 2 and 2.5mm diamonds in the shades cognac, amber, olive, and bronze (which is a sort of brassy shade). The ring is 18k yellow gold and the leaves are 14k rose gold and platinum. If it doesn't fit, I'm SOL and JWF (as George Carlin used to say). :lol: But we made a 3D printed model first to be sure, so fingers crossed.

Autumn

thumbnail_86986-1.jpg

thumbnail_86986-2.jpg

thumbnail_86986-3.jpg

thumbnail_86986-4.jpg

What a stunning piece of art!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ladies!! I lost my dearest friend (and former partner) of 24 years this past July in an accident. I was an absolute mess for months, so it was a terrible holiday season. I'm just coming out of the fog now. For a while there, I thought I'd have to be hospitalized, it was that bad. Trying to think of him and smile now, rather than cry. So I started working on this piece to distract myself. It really lifted my spirits... so does being here with you guys!!

I am so sorry for your loss! I hope this beautiful ring lifts your spirit as you think of great memories of him.

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!

It's been a while, friends. I hope everyone is well! :wavey: DK just completed this ring, so I wanted to quickly share. Some of you might remember seeing my composite and CAD several months back. At center is a 12x9mm untreated orangey-brown zircon. The inner halo and band have white diamonds, and the outer halo is a combo of 2 and 2.5mm diamonds in the shades cognac, amber, olive, and bronze (which is a sort of brassy shade). The ring is 18k yellow gold and the leaves are 14k rose gold and platinum. If it doesn't fit, I'm SOL and JWF (as George Carlin used to say). :lol: But we made a 3D printed model first to be sure, so fingers crossed.

Autumn

thumbnail_86986-1.jpg

thumbnail_86986-2.jpg

thumbnail_86986-3.jpg

thumbnail_86986-4.jpg

This is amazing! I love the color of the main stone and all the details! It’s a masterpiece.

Honestly, I was starting to believe I'd never see this ring completed. The top and the stones are beautiful, of course, but to be honest, that band... the twisted twigs and maple leaves... it steals the show. Or at the very least, my heart. I'd love to have such a band, just the band... oh, be still, my heart! :kiss2:

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. I was hoping the reason you were away was just... work, life, and not trauma. But we're all very happy to see you again, regardless.

Thank you for the kind words of support, my friend. ❤️ It was touch and go there for a while. I felt as though I was reliving a nightmare every morning... like a really cruel version of Groundhog Day.

Ask David to use my same design for a band! He already has it in his system now, so the kinks have all been worked out. I'd LOVE to see this. I might do 3 intertwining branches instead of 2 just to give it a bit more substance on its own.
thum12.gif

I’m so sorry for your loss @Autumn in New England and understand why you were gone for a while. There are some things in life nothing prepares us for and we are left just trying to get thru the day. I hope you are having some easier days now. Please know you can reach out here if you need support. Grief is so hard.

What a lovely comment, thank you!
luv12.gif
I had never lost anyone close to me before (which is lucky and not so lucky, I suppose). Plus, he was just my very favorite person in the world. Sometimes I like to think he's off somewhere on a boat in the Caribbean with the sun warming him. It gets me through the day... he had a hard life. ❤️

Thanks again everyone for commenting! It's always fun when the PS community seems to love a piece as much as we do.
nworthy2.gif

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow how did I miss this for 48 h?! That's spectacular! And, color-wise, it completely channels your avatar which we all get to see side-by-side with the photos! It is so harmonious -- is that what I mean? The parts are great and the sum is way better! I can almost taste the pumpkin spice.

That is legit "high jewelry"!

I love the incredible shank, too -- although it's another of those "take-it-off-before-you-go-rock-climbing" ones. :cool2:

I had my eye on a lovely orange-brown zircon a few years back -- it is so nice to see one as the focal point of such a showpiece here!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost my dearest friend (and former partner) of 24 years this past July in an accident.

OMG -- just seeing this as I go back through. I'm so sorry. That is truly awful -- and with no warning or preparation. I have no words. I'm glad you're here.

OMG -- just seeing this as I go back through. I'm so sorry. That is truly awful -- and with no warning or preparation. I have no words. I'm glad you're here.

Aww thanks, sweetie. I didn't want to bring the thread down, but felt like I needed to share why I'd been MIA.

drowning_in_wine.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh Autumn, im so sorry to read this
i hope in time you can see through the fog into all the lovely happy sunny memories you have of your time together and you will be able to take solace from those,
Grief has no timetable, it just comes and goes in waves

its lovely to have you back, you were missed and we are all here for you now,
but i wish your return was under much happier circumstances

thinking of you
love Nicky

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that you have found a distraction and hope to see you on here more often!

Oh Autumn, im so sorry to read this
i hope in time you can see through the fog into all the lovely happy sunny memories you have of your time together and you will be able to take solace from those,
Grief has no timetable, it just comes and goes in waves

its lovely to have you back, you were missed and we are all here for you now,
but i wish your return was under much happier circumstances

thinking of you
love Nicky

Such sound advice... and beautifully put. Thank you, love. Your words truly mean a lot.
pretty%20heart.gif

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Ask David to use my same design for a band! He already has it in his system now, so the kinks have all been worked out. I'd LOVE to see this. I might do 3 intertwining branches instead of 2 just to give it a bit more substance on its own.
thum12.gif

I'd love to see this, too, but last I checked his etsy page, he was only servicing the US. And even if he were to agree to international shipping, delivery with insurance to my particular corner of the world is currently very difficult. Besides, I'm saving right now for something, but your ring was granted immediate spot in my inspo folder and one day... one day... :pray:

It was touch and go there for a while. I felt as though I was reliving a nightmare every morning... like a really cruel version of Groundhog Day.

Grief will do that to you. It crawls under your skin and makes its home there, and nothing is ever the same again. In time you learn to live with it. You grow around it. I hope that happens quickly for you. I know that any friend worth having would wish that for you, including the one you've lost.

Grief will do that to you. It crawls under your skin and makes its home there, and nothing is ever the same again. In time you learn to live with it. You grow around it. I hope that happens quickly for you. I know that any friend worth having would wish that for you, including the one you've lost.

This is beautiful... and true. Thank you. I kept trying to get "back" to where I was - a homeostasis of sorts, you know? But you can't go back. You're now "you + this loss." And you have to learn to live with it, as you said. Once you accept that, it gets (a little) easier. And during my darkest moments, I kept hearing from friends and family, "he wouldn't want this for you." That was enough to motivate me. I think the best way we can honor a loved one's passing is to live our best lives... for us and them.

Anyway! Like a typical American, I always fail to consider that people live in other countries. I forgot you were abroad!
1237388e4fuigm9vm.gif
In any event, now I'm really interested to see what you've got planned. If you've been saving, it must be special. I hope you'll share!

kah42

Shiny_Rock
I am so very sorry to read about your friend. As the others said, grief certainly has a way of knocking you out of orbit. I lost someone close to me a few years back, and it was such a shock to me that the world kept functioning as if this loss didn't happen. Obviously, the rest of the world didn't feel the loss like I did, and I knew that deep down, but it was hard to accept. Someone told me that grief is a suitcase that you have to carry every day; some days it is light and other days it feels like it is packed with unmanageable boulders, but every day you wake up and carry it. I hope your suitcase starts feeling lighter soon.

I am so very sorry to read about your friend. As the others said, grief certainly has a way of knocking you out of orbit. I lost someone close to me a few years back, and it was such a shock to me that the world kept functioning as if this loss didn't happen. Obviously, the rest of the world didn't feel the loss like I did, and I knew that deep down, but it was hard to accept. Someone told me that grief is a suitcase that you have to carry every day; some days it is light and other days it feels like it is packed with unmanageable boulders, but every day you wake up and carry it. I hope your suitcase starts feeling lighter soon.

Wow... this is lovely... and so accurate. Thank you. ❤️ I'm terribly sorry to hear about your loss as well. I can relate to how you felt about life continuing on as if nothing had happened. I remember telling my friend (who is also a therapist... :pray:) at the time that I wanted to punch the faces of every smiling idiot on the street. How can you smile?! Don't you know the world's light has dimmed from this loss?! Thankfully, that feeling quickly passed (and I avoided an arrest - lol). Now I covet their joy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results