carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh, now delayed until end of week.
But on the upside, they emailed me to let me know so I at least didn't have to email them again to inquire!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
Jonathan got back- the new, correct stone should be with them by the end of the week / beginning of next! :)

As impatient as I am, I reminded myself this is moissanite Im waiting for, not a kidney. I can wait..lol

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DKPV2019-07-23---SOL--- --3.jpg DKPV2019-07-23---SOL--- --1.jpg DKPV2019-07-23---SOL--- --4.jpg Ok, I need everyone's expert eyes!

I bought this setting from @Wewechew and had a 6.5 AV moissy set in it. I'm going for a hybrid of Tiffany and cvb jovyn for the prongs (which were the 2 original inspirations for the piece). What do you all think about the prongs? Delicate enough? I want tab prongs similar to @msop04 (vintage Tiffany style). Thanks everyone!!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs It looks great! I'm awful at analyzing prongs in these kinds of photos, but do they need to be softened some?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs It looks great! I'm awful at analyzing prongs in these kinds of photos, but do they need to be softened some?
Gahh I don't know!!! It's a super close up so I can't tell what it will look like IRL. This is @msop04 's ring and mine below. Tiffany style from the website is the last pic of the 3.

cvb_soli_glamour_tiffany_blue_dots.jpg
DKPV2019-07-23---SOL--- --1.jpg

Screenshot_20190628-075202_Chrome.jpg

I am so bad at visualizing, I just don't know!

Attachments

• 20190630_181000.jpg
    20190630_181000.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 43

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs It looks perfect to me. The prongs look very much like your inspiration to my eyes. It is beautiful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
20190730_232014.jpg 20190730_231953.jpg 20190730_231845.jpg 20190730_231445.jpg

20190730_231427.jpg

Have to show off this adorable ring holder my DH bought me a while ago. It's a narwhal :)

20190730_231822.jpg 20190730_231649.jpg
It’s perfection @lovedogs! You must be so happy! I also love your little whale holder!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
20190730_232014.jpg 20190730_231953.jpg 20190730_231845.jpg 20190730_231445.jpg

20190730_231427.jpg

Have to show off this adorable ring holder my DH bought me a while ago. It's a narwhal :)

20190730_231822.jpg 20190730_231649.jpg
The perfect solitaire!!! And the stone looks very crisp. Ah can’t wait to get mine!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Meowingtons

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs , what a stunning solitaire! I am poking around for an AV round and this looks really beautiful.

I know you have had several different H&A rounds from other vendors, could you let me know how does the AV perform? One of the things that Jon mentioned is that the optics for his stones are adjusted to mimic a diamond. I have other round moissanites, and the way light is reflected and dispersed is entirely different from my diamonds, so I am not sure if Jon's stones looks different. I also tried the Chinese moissanites, but somehow it looks a little hazy / not as crisp. Not sure if I got a dud from them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs , what a stunning solitaire! I am poking around for an AV round and this looks really beautiful.

I know you have had several different H&A rounds from other vendors, could you let me know how does the AV perform? One of the things that Jon mentioned is that the optics for his stones are adjusted to mimic a diamond. I have other round moissanites, and the way light is reflected and dispersed is entirely different from my diamonds, so I am not sure if Jon's stones looks different. I also tried the Chinese moissanites, but somehow it looks a little hazy / not as crisp. Not sure if I got a dud from them.
If you look at the thread I made on my first AV stone (tension set moissanite is the name of the thread), I have pics/ explanations comparing AV to other options. The short version is that I think the AV is significantly better than any other moissy I've seen (including from Chinese vendors), and is even comparable to my CBI, which shocked me. That said, there's a big price difference as you get into bigger stones. So for an engagement ring or something when you want the best, I'd go for AV. But for earrings/necklace/fun right hand rings whee you want big stones for not $$, the Chinese companies make a solid product.

Meowingtons

Rough_Rock
Thanks @lovedogs. I just went to read the post and my God! The AV is spectacular. I know I am picky about cut, so it seems like AV is the way to go! Apparently I just missed their 20% off offer (the size I want is not in their inventory) :cry2: unless I am willing to go for something that's slightly smaller!

Once again, absolutely stunning ring - wear it in good health!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lovedogs. I just went to read the post and my God! The AV is spectacular. I know I am picky about cut, so it seems like AV is the way to go! Apparently I just missed their 20% off offer (the size I want is not in their inventory) :cry2: unless I am willing to go for something that's slightly smaller!

Once again, absolutely stunning ring - wear it in good health!
Thanks!! If you are picky about cut I would 100% recommend AV. Some people have really liked the moissanite co AGS000 cut. It's new and not available on their website (you have to email customer service), but everything over 6mm (up to 8-10mm) is in stock as far as I know. I've never seen one of those stones in person, but I know others have said they are comparable to the AV. With the 20% off AV coupon they are basically the same price, but Moco is cheaper (obviously) when av doesn't have the discount.

If you go on the moissaniteCo Instagram you can see pics/videos/info about that cut. If AV didn't have a coupon and I wanted something not available on their website (meaning it's custom cut and not returnable), I would have ordered the Moco one to see it IRL, since their return policy is good. So if I were you I might go that route and see what you think.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ps here's the original Instagram link when they announced this cut.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnEkZkNHyza/?igshid=1xl0mtgeioqqk

I was strongly considering this route and likely would have done it if av didn't have a coupon and I didn't buy the setting from a PSer. But in my case it was easier to have av send the stone to be set with the designer of the ring directly.

Meowingtons

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs, thanks for the MoCo recommendation. Another one I am considering is the Amora, but it's all high color, which I am not a fan of.

I know Jon's stones are spectacular, but not having a return policy for a custom cut still worries me. I don't know about the consistency of cut from stone to stone too - with Amoras and MoCo the reviews I have seen indicates no two stone are the same, with some better than the others.

@michellelynn9175, I just tried your suggestion , but sadly the code no longer works. I am thrifty, and the idea of paying full price when I just missed out on the coupon really sucks! Our anniversary is a few months away, so technically I could wait till then and see what happens...but the wait is so damn agonizing!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SJEsper not sure what size you are after, but I would also keep an eye on LT and DB. People often post pre-loved and sometimes brand new stones. Here is one.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, thanks for the MoCo recommendation. Another one I am considering is the Amora, but it's all high color, which I am not a fan of.

I know Jon's stones are spectacular, but not having a return policy for a custom cut still worries me. I don't know about the consistency of cut from stone to stone too - with Amoras and MoCo the reviews I have seen indicates no two stone are the same, with some better than the others.

@michellelynn9175, I just tried your suggestion , but sadly the code no longer works. I am thrifty, and the idea of paying full price when I just missed out on the coupon really sucks! Our anniversary is a few months away, so technically I could wait till then and see what happens...but the wait is so damn agonizing!
I would avoid the amora. The company is strange and the CEO is rude. Given the relatively easy return policy of Moco (and that their ags line comes with certificates so you know what you get), I would order and see what you think.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@SJEsper not sure what size you are after, but I would also keep an eye on LT and DB. People often post pre-loved and sometimes brand new stones. Here is one.

That is a seriously pretty moissy. If you look at the close-ups of the pictures she posted on her DiamondBistro listing, it could be the most diamond-like moissy that I've ever seen photos of. If I didn't already know it was a moissy, every face-up picture would have me thinking it was a diamond - so crisp and mirror-like. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results