shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

Discussion in 'Fabulous Fashion Jewelry' started by elle_71125, Dec 23, 2017.

1. SimoneDi
    Ideal_Rock

by SimoneDi » Jul 4, 2019
    Maybe reach out to Kirk Kara and see if they can resize the ring for you. Generally, the ring should be resizable, but not everyone can do it. It is beautiful nonetheless.

Mamabean likes this.
  2. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Jul 4, 2019
    Yay! What size did you get? Color?

3. jeaniefish
    Shiny_Rock

by jeaniefish » Jul 5, 2019
    I do plan to do that. There is an authorized Kirk Kara retailer in my city. This ring is definitely worth the effort. Fingers crossed!

SimoneDi likes this.
  4. AK29
    Rough_Rock

by AK29 » Jul 7, 2019
    I ordered mine in G-H color. Still waiting on AV to ship out...hoping I hear next week!

Mamabean likes this.

5. whitewave
    Ideal_Rock

by whitewave » Jul 7, 2019
    Why do you all think that lab diamond 1.5 D SI1 for 4K hasn’t been sold yet? If I hadn’t spent 4K setting my aqua, I would have scooped it up. It’s very very bad timing for me.

AV_ and Lessics like this.
  6. whitewave
    Ideal_Rock

7. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Jul 7, 2019
    I can’t wait to see it! You are going to love it!

8. MakingTheGrade
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by MakingTheGrade » Jul 8, 2019
    Sigh. It’ll be 6 weeks as of Wednesday since I ordered my asscher. As of today it’s still delayed, no ETA.

How long would you wait before getting a refund? The site says no refund for custom, but it also says they take up to 4 weeks. And we are already 2 weeks past that..

Mamabean and lovedogs like this.
  9. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Jul 9, 2019
    It will be worth it when you get it..My last one took six weeks..and then went directly to David to set without me seeing it. It is going to be gorgeous...and the time will slip away when you see it...

AK29 likes this.
  10. Slick1
    Brilliant_Rock

by Slick1 » Jul 9, 2019
    @MakingTheGrade I agree with @Mamabean that the wait will be well worth it! Have you reached out to Jon? Personally, I have waited longer for a custom cut from a different vendor and it was hard but worth the delay. I would wait...good luck. I hope it comes soon!

11. MakingTheGrade
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by MakingTheGrade » Jul 9, 2019
    I did. They said there’s delays. No other updates.
    Part of it is just awkward expectation management I think. Website says up to 4 weeks. So I emailed at 4 weeks, was told 2 more weeks, emailed again, was told there’s a delay, no eta. Every time it’s me emailing them which is uncomfortable because I don’t like being a nag but I also don’t like open ended waiting. It’s like the onus is on me to bug them about it. In contrast I have a piece pending with Sally at Hearts of Water and she quoted me 6 weeks. 2 weeks in, she emailed me to update me that due to delays it’ll be a week late. Awesome, love the proactive advance notice and not at all annoyed!

To be fair all the replies to my emails have been very prompt.

AK29 and Mamabean like this.
  12. Slick1
    Brilliant_Rock

by Slick1 » Jul 9, 2019
    @MakingTheGrade Yeah, I hear ya. I can see how the proactive communication is lacking and I am sorry. I think I would forgive it all when I had a beautifully cut Asscher on my hand. I hope you can get past this disappointment emotionally and enjoy a top cut Asscher very soon! :pray:

Mamabean likes this.
  13. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

I agree..I felt the same way...There was silence and I had to request updates that should have been initiated by them. I think most people understand delays but having to keep checking from this end was not what I think should be happening. I knew it would be wonderful so I hung in there...and I’m very happy I did. I think you will be very happy when you do get it though...

AK29 and Slick1 like this.
  14. MakingTheGrade
    Super_Ideal_Rock

I hope so too!
    I did asked yesterday when there was no ETA offered, if I would be eligible for a refund after a certain amount of delay. So far no answer. I’m hoping that means they expect things to be done soon?

15. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

I don’t think they know. They wait for them to come in from whoever cuts them. I got the impression they weren’t getting many updates either from the cutter..I don’t know..
    I’m going to message you through Bella’s IG..so you know it’s me. I don’t want to put it here..

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019

16. MakingTheGrade
    Super_Ideal_Rock

Wahoo! New eta july22. Not exactly soon but at least it is info!

17. onyourwayhome
    Rough_Rock

by onyourwayhome » Jul 10, 2019
    So AV doesn’t cut the stones themselves?

18. xjsbellamias13
    Rough_Rock

by xjsbellamias13 » Jul 10, 2019
    Hi everyone, I just had a quick question. I'm new to AV moissanite and was wondering if when looking at different stones online (cushions in this case) is there really anything to look for besides the size and color, or are they all basically the same? Thanks! I've been drooling over everyones rings and think I need my own :twisted2:

19. AK29
    Rough_Rock

by AK29 » Jul 11, 2019
    I got the same- ETA to them is now July 22nd

20. AK29
    Rough_Rock

by AK29 » Jul 11, 2019
    Not in house. They outsource it I believe

21. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Jul 17, 2019
    I’m wearing my AV round with my Brian Gavin 3/4 diamond eternity band and spacer... I love it!
    2C767DE1-8E11-4063-9E71-DFDF807B3A68.jpeg

sd_flp, OoohShiny, AK29 and 5 others like this.
  22. AK29
    Rough_Rock

by AK29 » Jul 22, 2019
    So gorgeous!! :geek2:

Mamabean likes this.
  23. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Jul 22, 2019
    Thank you @AK29 Yours should be coming soon, right?

24. AK29
    Rough_Rock

by AK29 » Jul 22, 2019
    Latest update on my AV order-

They ORDERED THE WRONG STONE for me!! After waiting almost 8 weeks since Ive placed my order (weeks behind my original eta) I finally got the email from Vicki saying they ll send my stone out today.

Only they ordered the OEC when I had ordered and confirmed (in multiple emails) an H&A ideal round cut!!

What do you think? Should I ask for a refund and forget all this nonsense? Should I wait further for the stone?
    Im so frustrated. If it werent for the stellar reputation of AV I wouldve been very doubtful....

25. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Jul 22, 2019
    Oh boy...I would be upset considering it was mentioned in many emails. Hopefully they would be able to escalate it for you since it was their mistake. I know they don’t cut the stones but maybe Jonathan or Vicky can push yours in front with the cutter. If they can’t then I don’t know what to say because if you don’t get it from them...you may be sorry later. Try contacting them to see if they can push it through....What did they say?

lovedogs and AK29 like this.
  26. AK29
    Rough_Rock

by AK29 » Jul 22, 2019
    Thats my thought too- on one hand, I m upset because it was brought up so many times that I wanted an ideal mrb cut. On the other hand, if I just ask for a refund I may never get the stone I want (and yours looks SO GOOD).

Ill update when Rhino responds with another eta. Hopefully no more delays and no more mix ups! :confused2:

lovedogs likes this.
  27. Slick1
    Brilliant_Rock

by Slick1 » Jul 22, 2019
    I am so sorry! This exact same thing happened to me with another reputable vendor. I waited for them to rectify it and they offered a 25% (!) discount so that certainly made it easier to wait! I was happy that I did. When you are wanting the best, sometimes you have to wait and not settle for less. Good Luck!

lovedogs and AK29 like this.
  28. AK29
    Rough_Rock

by AK29 » Jul 22, 2019
    Thanks @Slick1 for sharing your experience- I think I will wait and not settle for less. I do love the AV's from the other pricescopers. I ll see what Rhino offers

lovedogs and Slick1 like this.
  29. lovedogs
    Ideal_Rock

by lovedogs » Jul 22, 2019
    I totally understand why you're frustrated! But definitely see what Jonathan says. They'll be worth the wait vs other companies!

Slick1 and AK29 like this.
  30. AK29
    Rough_Rock

by AK29 » Jul 23, 2019
    good to hear another vote of confidence! I love your tension set moissy from AV @lovedogs

lovedogs likes this.