shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Now I am looking at mine more carefully. I am not color sensitive, but I don’t think I have that slight hue on either of mine. I have bezels, but I can see the tint in an old forever brilliant in the bezel so I’m confident I don’t have it.
What a difficult trade off. The cut is divine, size is perfect...Wonder if they would try again, one more time for you? Sorry you’ve waited so long to be disappointed again. I would think they would rather have you be happy! Keep us posted.

ETA @Mamabean We answered the same time and I agree with you and hope they will cut another for her.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
For reference..this is mine. I take crummy pics but I don’t see any green or gray. Mine is D-F
924E773C-980C-4BB6-8336-4404A45B1FF6.jpeg

AK29

Shiny_Rock
For reference..this is mine. I take crummy pics but I don’t see any green or gray. Mine is D-F
924E773C-980C-4BB6-8336-4404A45B1FF6.jpeg

Blindingly beautiful! @Mamabean
@Slick1 Ive poured over your bezel ring photos and yes, your stone looks beautiful and is very very white!

Do you guys see what I mean by minty in the photos I posted of them face up? I ll try to do one face down so you can see it against white paper.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Slick1 Ive poured over your bezel ring photos and yes, your stone looks beautiful and is very very white!

Do you guys see what I mean by minty in the photos I posted of them face up? I ll try to do one face down so you can see it against white paper.
I do see it but only because you mentioned it. I do see the noticeable gray from the side view next to your C&C very clearly though..I would love to see it on a piece of paper. I put it next to my G diamond which is considered a high G closer to an F..and the AV doesn’t look grey next to it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww, thank you. I do love my AVR! I do see the tint. Especially next to your F1 stone. I would love to see pics on white paper too. Would you be willing to try again if they will oblige? You should love it and not have doubts. Once you see it, you’ll never unsee it.

AK29

Shiny_Rock
ok guys here it is against white paper compared to a GH colored F1. The tint is very obvious to me in person and doesn’t need to be pointed out lol but I wonder if others can see it ...

CAA4A896-9436-4012-BFC9-A9213A80F7D6.jpeg EC0674E2-C19F-43EA-87B9-5F8996DD0104.jpeg 4E597B10-0C92-4BE3-82B0-74703110A415.jpeg

Meowingtons

Rough_Rock
@AK29 , the cut is utterly gorgeous! I do see what you mean about the tint though - I can definitely see the greyish tint, and the faint aqua/green tint face up.

I agree with @Mamabean to not settle, and get them to cut another one for you. The AV stones have a lot more cut consistency, and I am sure if you told your concerns to Vicki, they would do their best to ensure the next stone won't have this problem.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok guys here it is against white paper compared to a GH colored F1. The tint is very obvious to me in person and doesn’t need to be pointed out lol but I wonder if others can see it ...

CAA4A896-9436-4012-BFC9-A9213A80F7D6.jpeg EC0674E2-C19F-43EA-87B9-5F8996DD0104.jpeg 4E597B10-0C92-4BE3-82B0-74703110A415.jpeg
I don’t feel comfortable saying anything negative..but if I asked an opinion on something like this I would want an honest answer. That stone is very gray. If it was mine I would ask for a refund. Yes the cut is wonderful but the color is not what you ordered. It’s so dark gray....I’m sorry.. :(2

AK29

Shiny_Rock
I don’t feel comfortable saying anything negative..but if I asked an opinion on something like this I would want an honest answer. That stone is very gray. If it was mine I would ask for a refund. Yes the cut is wonderful but the color is not what you ordered. It’s so dark gray....I’m sorry.. :(2

I absolutely appreciate the honesty!
After seeing it in more lighting situations, I do think the gray tint will bother me. I’ll be returning it

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, I think you should return it and try again. I think these issues will get resolved, and you'll end up with an amazing stone, but definitely don't settle for one that you aren't completely in love with!

BMI

Shiny_Rock
New stone coming in a month :geek2:
Oh, I really hope this new one will be perfect for you! What color is the new stone supposed to be? The stone you got this time looks like what was described somewhere earlier in this thread that the IJ stones were gray and AV possibly no longer carrying them because of it. I wonder if the cutter accidentally used the wrong rough for your stone. Well, whatever the case, I am rooting for a perfect stone to arrive next month for you!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I really hope this new one will be perfect for you! What color is the new stone supposed to be? The stone you got this time looks like what was described somewhere earlier in this thread that the IJ stones were gray and AV possibly no longer carrying them because of it. I wonder if the cutter accidentally used the wrong rough for your stone. Well, whatever the case, I am rooting for a perfect stone to arrive next month for you!

Thanks!
Yeah that’s actually what I was thinking too. The stone was supposed to be F/G. The new stone will be DEF! Vicki & Jonathan were very understanding. I ll post once it comes :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks!
Yeah that’s actually what I was thinking too. The stone was supposed to be F/G. The new stone will be DEF! Vicki & Jonathan were very understanding. I ll post once it comes :)
I can’t wait to see it. I knew they would make it right.

Mjohnson0717

Rough_Rock
You guys!!!! My AVEC is gorgeous!! The facets are crisp, and the light return is great — just like in Jonathan’s video on Instagram.

Earlier today, I found out that I have an opportunity that I just can’t pass up to get a lab diamond for my e-ring. I didn’t think it was going to happen, but it was a great surprise! I will likely list my AVEC, even though it will hurt my heart to let it go. My boyfriend is going to take some pictures of the stone over the next couple of days.. it is really beautiful!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and unique!! How are you liking your AVEC? Are the facets sharp? How’s the light performance? I’m super close to pulling the trigger on purchasing one!!
I totally love it! Makes me so impatient for my asscher!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am excited to be posting here. I am finally getting an August Vintage cushion of my own. I have long been a fan of Jonathan's work and am very excited to receive this ring. I know nothing about moissanites but Jonathan assures me I will not be disappointed and I believe him. And after reading about all the happy PSers who have his gorgeous creations I felt it was worth it. It needs to be resized so now just have to be patient til it arrives.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am excited to be posting here. I am finally getting an August Vintage cushion of my own. I have long been a fan of Jonathan's work and am very excited to receive this ring. I know nothing about moissanites but Jonathan assures me I will not be disappointed and I believe him. And after reading about all the happy PSers who have his gorgeous creations I felt it was worth it. It needs to be resized so now just have to be patient til it arrives.

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed Missy. I love my AVRs. Can’t wait to see your AVC.

Lalola44

Rough_Rock
You guys!!!! My AVEC is gorgeous!! The facets are crisp, and the light return is great — just like in Jonathan’s video on Instagram.

Earlier today, I found out that I have an opportunity that I just can’t pass up to get a lab diamond for my e-ring. I didn’t think it was going to happen, but it was a great surprise! I will likely list my AVEC, even though it will hurt my heart to let it go. My boyfriend is going to take some pictures of the stone over the next couple of days.. it is really beautiful!

I’ll be on the lookout for your videos! If you do end up listing yours I don’t think I’ll be able to resist!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What @missy! We brought you over to the other side! :lol: Omg! I’m so excited! What color are you getting? :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Slick1..I ran over to the site and looked for a large cushion that was already set and knew it was hers! @missy I’m so excited for you to get it! I have his emerald and round brilliant cuts...but they are unbelievably beautiful...Omg! :P2

Haha @Mamabean I know you and @Slick1 are huge fans so that is why pulling the (impulse) trigger was easy for me. That and Greg saying it's beautiful and he loves it and I should get it. That's all the encouragement I needed. :P2

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and @Mamabean I mean, if you’re going to wear a moissy, might as well be the best!
That reminds me of the Pretty Woman movie where Julia Roberts teases yummy Richard Gere that, ‘It’s the best!’ :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy and @Mamabean I mean, if you’re going to wear a moissy, might as well be the best!
That reminds me of the Pretty Woman movie where Julia Roberts teases yummy Richard Gere that, ‘It’s the best!’ :lol:
:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results