shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Well I have made my last purchase for a long time...I said that before but August Vintage has a Valentine’s Day sale of 20% off right now. :roll2: I ordered an emerald cut moissy close to 8 x10mm..but I’m saving it for a few months from now..and I’ll have it set then. I couldn’t pass it up..sigh..:lol:
Hurray!!! What ratio did you go with?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hurray!!! What ratio did you go with?
I was afraid of a bow tie so kept it at the suggested ratios 1.20:1...4 carat... 9.6x8mm..I have a cheapy tanzanite ring in an 8x10 and I like that size...so went with that..
I’m undecided how to set it. I may want to get an engraving on the band or keep it simple. Have you decided how you’re going to set yours?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I have made my last purchase for a long time...I said that before but August Vintage has a Valentine’s Day sale of 20% off right now. :roll2: I ordered an emerald cut moissy close to 8 x10mm..but I’m saving it for a few months from now..and I’ll have it set then. I couldn’t pass it up..sigh..:lol:

It’s so hard to resist a good sale, isn’t it? :twisted2: I look forward to seeing your moissy, once it’s complete. :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s so hard to resist a good sale, isn’t it? :twisted2: I look forward to seeing your moissy, once it’s complete. :D
It’s true! I can’t pass up a good sale because I knew I was going to eventually get one...I have bought too much bling in the last two months so I wasn’t planning to get the emerald cut one from AV yet...So much for self control! I am excited to get it though!

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s true! I can’t pass up a good sale because I knew I was going too eventually get one...I have bought too much bling in the last two months so I wasn’t planning to get the emerald cut one from AV yet...So much for self control! I am excited to get it though!

Yeah, 20% is a hard sale to pass up. Especially since you knew you’d be getting one sooner or later. I can totally commiserate with your self control issues. Maybe we need a self control club. :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, 20% is a hard sale to pass up. Especially since you knew you’d be getting one sooner or later. I can totally commiserate with your self control issues. Maybe we need a self control club. :lol-2:
It’s so hard here! I’m usually very good but I slipped! :lol:

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I was afraid of a bow tie so kept it at the suggested ratios 1.20:1...4 carat... 9.6x8mm..I have a cheapy tanzanite ring in an 8x10 and I like that size...so went with that..
I’m undecided how to set it. I may want to get an engraving on the band or keep it simple. Have you decided how you’re going to set yours?
Sounds amazing!! I am getting the Christine setting from AV. It's a double prong basket setting in white gold.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds amazing!! I am getting the Christine setting from AV. It's a double prong basket setting in white gold.
That’s a really pretty setting! I’m excited for you!
I initially wanted engraving but the more I thought about it I want to do a very simple basket with single prongs. I have a Tiffany baguette band that would go perfectly with it...so it needs to be plain.
When are you going to get it? :appl:

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @Mamabean!! I'm excited for you too!! Based on when they expect their delivery I'm estimating at the end of next week. When will you get yours?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Mamabean!! I'm excited for you too!! Based on when they expect their delivery I'm estimating at the end of next week. When will you get yours?
Jonathan said he will probably get the stone from the cutter shipped on the 15th..so maybe a week after that...In the meantime I’m trying to decide how I want it set. :think: I do know I want it to be a rectangle basket but do I want anything else on it like engravings, stones or just plain...I’m not sure..I have a very plain low quality tanzanite stone set in a plain setting I really like. I may do that. I’ll post a pic if you want! :lol-2:

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Jonathan said he will probably get the stone from the cutter shipped on the 15th..so maybe a week after that...In the meantime I’m trying to decide how I want it set. :think: I do know I want it to be a rectangle basket but do I want anything else on it like engravings, stones or just plain...I’m not sure..I have a very plain low quality tanzanite stone set in a plain setting I really like. I may do that. I’ll post a pic if you want! :lol-2:
It took me a little while to decide on the setting. It will come to you. Oh my goodness of course, post pics!! =)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
A9660089-73CC-4E55-9D5E-B11A7CB9EA73.jpeg D4924E86-1C59-45C3-917C-E1A5B09EEDC6.jpeg 1CD99F55-E077-429C-954F-A165ACA8F437.jpeg 6918EE32-EFE5-4CFA-BF48-E3B65C1E716F.jpeg FEBBBC75-C619-4E6E-95AC-B8B0A944FF1A.jpeg
@Sirenagirl This ring is in sterling silver and supposedly a tanzanite...I got it in a consignment shop for $22.50..:lol-2: It has a huge window and is a really low quality but I loved the size and wore it to see how the size would feel on my finger. It’s 8x10mm which is very close to my AV stone..so I know how the size will look to me. My AV will be much more sparkly than my consignment store ring! :lol: I also want the ring to be thicker. This one is very thin..I’m sorry the photos are so large. I don’t know how to reduce their size..

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock

Every time you violate the bling ban, you have to do 50 burpees. :Up_to_something:

@Mamabean what a good idea! Just remember fire makes the stone look bigger!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent DH AV, Inc’s link to the EC Moissy!!
I want a pendant!!! Hoping to have one, in the near future!!
Fingers crossed!! If I have to wait, I’ll settle for an AVEC diamond *gasp!* lol!! :lol-2:
Can’t wait to see how you set yours!!! So exciting!!!! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sent DH AV, Inc’s link to the EC Moissy!!
I want a pendant!!! Hoping to have one, in the near future!!
Fingers crossed!! If I have to wait, I’ll settle for an AVEC diamond *gasp!* lol!! :lol-2:
Can’t wait to see how you set yours!!! So exciting!!!! :kiss2:
Ooooooh @Matthews1127! I have all my fingers and toes crossed! :appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooh @Matthews1127! I have all my fingers and toes crossed! :appl:

One project at a time...lol!!! I’m itching to set that Asscher Anniversary Band in motion. So far, still on schedule to set that in motion, this summer!!! YAY!!

I’m so glad you went with Jon’s moissy EC....I anticipate something spectacular, when you get it!!
You MUST post photos, when it arrives!! I really can’t wait to see it, and to know what you think of it, when it’s in your hand!! :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
One project at a time...lol!!! I’m itching to set that Asscher Anniversary Band in motion. So far, still on schedule to set that in motion, this summer!!! YAY!!

I’m so glad you went with Jon’s moissy EC....I anticipate something spectacular, when you get it!!
You MUST post photos, when it arrives!! I really can’t wait to see it, and to know what you think of it, when it’s in your hand!! :appl:
I will definitely post photos! I’ll try my best to get good photos but I truly stink at it!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
A9660089-73CC-4E55-9D5E-B11A7CB9EA73.jpeg D4924E86-1C59-45C3-917C-E1A5B09EEDC6.jpeg 1CD99F55-E077-429C-954F-A165ACA8F437.jpeg 6918EE32-EFE5-4CFA-BF48-E3B65C1E716F.jpeg FEBBBC75-C619-4E6E-95AC-B8B0A944FF1A.jpeg
@Sirenagirl This ring is in sterling silver and supposedly a tanzanite...I got it in a consignment shop for $22.50..:lol-2: It has a huge window and is a really low quality but I loved the size and wore it to see how the size would feel on my finger. It’s 8x10mm which is very close to my AV stone..so I know how the size will look to me. My AV will be much more sparkly than my consignment store ring! :lol: I also want the ring to be thicker. This one is very thin..I’m sorry the photos are so large. I don’t know how to reduce their size..
I love your silver ring. I really like how it tapers as it gets closer to the center stone. I also like the openness of the basket. You got a nice deal. I've been debating going to some pawn shops to see what I find lol. :P2 I like the idea of hunting for treasure!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anticipating your thoughts & feelings when your eyes meet the stone, in person. What color range did you choose?
I picked the DEF range..I love an emerald cut that’s icy white..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your silver ring. I really like how it tapers as it gets closer to the center stone. I also like the openness of the basket. You got a nice deal. I've been debating going to some pawn shops to see what I find lol. :P2 I like the idea of hunting for treasure!
Thank you @Sirenagirl I’m debating having it pinch in like the ring. I usually don’t like that feature...but because the ring is thin I like it. My ring will be thicker so may leave that out. I also debated having a few diamonds or engraving in the shoulder area but I’m talking myself out of that too. I don’t want to tire of it..and also fight with my baguette band.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! I’m considering the lower, I-J colored moissy....
:kiss2:
Did you see the video of the Pricescoper that has a J color emerald cut? It is absolutely GORGEOUS! She started a thread on it..It was a diamond but I would expect it would be the same. If you didn’t see it..and can’t find it I’ll help you look. That video and all your beautiful EC’s brought me over to the EC side! :love:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see the video of the Pricescoper that has a J color emerald cut? It is absolutely GORGEOUS! She started a thread on it..It was a diamond but I would expect it would be the same. If you didn’t see it..and can’t find it I’ll help you look. That’s video and all your beautiful EC’s brought me over to the EC side! :love:

Thank you so much!!!
We are happy to have you on the step cut side!! Welcome! :lol-2:
I’ll see if I can find that thread! If I’m unsuccessful, I’ll let you know; I’d love to see it!! It may help me decide whether or not I want to go that low.

The suspense is killing me! I can’t wait to see yours!!! :bigsmile:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much!!!
We are happy to have you on the step cut side!! Welcome! :lol-2:
I’ll see if I can find that thread! If I’m unsuccessful, I’ll let you know; I’d love to see it!! It may help me decide whether or not I want to go that low.

The suspense is killing me! I can’t wait to see yours!!! :bigsmile:
Thanks! I got an email from Jon last night and he said it will be shipped to him on the 18th. I assume he will check it out to make sure it’s perfect and then send it to me! I’m VERY EXCITED!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I got an email from Jon last night and he said it will be shipped to him on the 18th. I assume he will check it out to make sure it’s perfect and then send it to me! I’m VERY EXCITED!

I’ll be stalking this thread, awaiting its arrival!! :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results