shape
carat
color
clarity

Attacked by neighbor''s rottweiler...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone!

I''m about to lose it so tomorrow morning I''m packing up and going to my BF''s house for a couple of weeks or until I feel better.

The neighbors are official TRASH (I can fin better words to describe them but it wouldn''t be appropriate). I will try to make a long story sort of short...because I think you guys might be getting sick of me!.

I was walking in from walking my dog and talking to one neighbor (an older guy from NY...our dogs love to play together). Anyway, the neighbor (the mom and owner of the house) was pulling in her car and saw me, she immediately came outside with her smaller dog and started yelling at me. She said I was a liar, that I know pretty d@mn well that I was ''running'' and not walking, that I''m turning everything around because I know this was my fault, etc etc....all this while screaming, waving her hands at me, saying nasty words every other word, etc...

I wasn''t running. My mom was looking at me from the window, I was walking....she even wondered why I went the other way!. There is a reason why I turned the other way...to avoid the dog because I knew he was out of control and that his owner couldn''t control him!. I WAS walking...another neighbor saw me coming out of my house (walking) but didn''t see the attack since it happen in a dark spot...he did hear me screaming.

So what is she talking about??...and let''s say I was in ROLLERBLADES...does that make it ok then??? does it make it ok for her to harass me??? God forbid a runner walks into them in the street....I guess in her mind that makes it ok...they have the rottweiler, you need to be careful. I don''t know how I could have one anything differently to prevent this attack...other than carrying a pepper spray or something with me!.

This woman is nuts...an now they''re using the dog to intimidate me. They''re keeping their blinds open so that the dog can see me....so he can jump and scare me...they know I''m scared and now she wants to harass me!??...

I told her she was crazy an she could just talk to my lawyer. I couldn''t believe the nerve.....the older guy saw the whole thing so I will try to get his number next time I see him.

I can''t take it though...next thing you know she will be getting the letter from my lawyer (she should get it, certified mail, tomorrow) and will get even more pissed and will take the big dog out when she sees me, just to scare me.

I''m packing up and leaving tomorrow...hopefully the HOA can act fast.

I already wrote everything down and I''m hoping tomorrow morning I don''t run into anyone that lives in that household before I leave.

Here I thought things could be resolved in a more classy manner.....here I was trying to be nice!. Well, I''m done...it sucks, but I have no other choice.

M~

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
M - I really hate to say it but all of this is going how I feared it would.... I have to say your situation is even getting worse than ours did, but now you know where people go from "we aren''t lawsuit people" to "I''ll see you in court" :/

It sucks, I want to be here for you but I hate reading this thread, it brings back so much of my own anger... I know EXACTLY what you''re going through (except as a mom and not directly the victim) and I''m just so pissed off for you.... I knew they were gonna do this - the first day its all shock and tears and then they twist it all up and justify it - BLECH!!!!!!!!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
It never ceases to amaze me how wretched people can be. I am so sorry Mandarine. Just keep writing all of this down and contacting your HOA. And try not to be intimidated of the neighbors at least (as hard as it is), because it''s quite obvious they are going to try and kick you when you''re down. So show them that you aren''t going to back down either.

*M*

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine~
I was happy to hear that your hoa was sending a letter asking your neighbors to remove the dog from the neighborhood, but that just sucks. People are unbelievable sometimes. Keep writing everything down...dates, times, what they say, etc, and as hard as it is say nothing back. This woman clearly is crazy, but she''ll show everyone who she is in due time. Your bf will take care of you, and I hope all of this will end soon. I''m glad you''re feeling better!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh Sweetie I am sorry things have gone wrong I wish the best for you and am sending prayers your way.
35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, My. I''m so so sorry to hear this, Mandarine...

PLEASE KNOW that we are not one bit sick of hearing from you....we''re only sick FOR you and what you''re going through....

They sound like such incredible jerks. Hang tough, do what you have to do to take care of yourself, keep writing everything down, and avoid those people at all costs. Tune ''em out as best you can.

I know I''m one of MANY who are behind you 100%, and are here for you..

((hugs))
widget

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so, so, so sorry that you have to deal with the horrible evilness of this neighbor. Why can''t people be human anymore??? Why must they always stoop so low? The nerve of her, to actually insinuate that you INVITED an attack?!? Even if you were doing karate chops in the dog''s general direction, it STILL doesn''t mean it''s OK for the dog to maul you!! I''m glad that you''re leaving for now and letting your lawyer handle everything. And great that your neighbor saw the whole tirade. The woman is insane.

Take care of yourself, hon.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks...

I know I can''t let them get to me...I wish I could be strong and stay here and show them that I won''t let them intimidate me...but I''m just terrified. Plain and simple. If the dog wasn''t here I would stay...they don''t scare me...they do upset me, but they don''t scare me. The dog in the other hand terrifies me. I live alone, maybe that makes it harer for me to handle...and this only happenned 8 days ago!...I just can''t believe how some people are....

Cehrabehra- I think going through this as a mom may be even worse than going through it personally....as a mom you must feel like you can always do more...in my case I know this will go as far as I take it for my own sake.....I can''t even imagine how upset you were and I understand if you can''t keep up with my story. You''ve given me such valuable advice...I went back an re-read all of your responses and I can see how you saw this coming form the beginning and how you tried to warn me. So thank you so much.

I''m still tearing
7.gif
...but I feel a little better. I talked to my mom and after making the decision that I would leave for a while I feel better. I was shaking so bad today I couldn''t even use my phone!!! between being scared and angry....it''s just a horrible position to be in....in your own HOUSE!!!

They''re just fools. If this gets to court I assure you harrassing me will not be in their favor.

29.gif
7.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
aww...I just read all of your responses and now I''m crying!!! Thank you ll!! I feel so lonely right now but you guys are making me feel better.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

M~

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww. Hang in there Mandarine. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, I''m so sorry. I think it''s a good idea for you to leave for a little while.

I assume you own the house you are living in. Do you have any interest in moving? You have one neighbor with a pit bull mix and another with a rottweiler -- both breeds can be very unstable and aggressive. Both neighbors seem intent on harboring these animals, regardless of others'' safety, and chances are if the HOA makes the one neighbor get rid of her dog, she''ll just get a different one. People like this seem to have some bizarre need to keep this type of animal. No matter how nice the area is, bad neighbors can really take away the feeling that your home is your haven.

If there''s any way you can move, I would. You''ve done your job alerting the HOA, calling an attorney, involving animal control, etc., there''s nothing more to be gained by staying there. The laws protect the owners of the dog more than they protect you. The fact that the neighbor seems to be intimidating you with her dog concerns me greatly. Trust your instincts on this one. If you feel unsafe there, go someplace else where you are safe.

Incidentally, I''m not sick of hearing from you at all!!!! I hope you can get out of all this and heal quickly. Sending prayers.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 7:24:09 PM
Author: lumpkin

The fact that the neighbor seems to be intimidating you with her dog concerns me greatly. Trust your instincts on this one. If you feel unsafe there, go someplace else where you are safe.

Incidentally, I''m not sick of hearing from you at all!!!! I hope you can get out of all this and heal quickly. Sending prayers.
Ditto!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 7:24:09 PM
Author: lumpkin
Mandarine, I''m so sorry. I think it''s a good idea for you to leave for a little while.

I assume you own the house you are living in. Do you have any interest in moving? You have one neighbor with a pit bull mix and another with a rottweiler -- both breeds can be very unstable and aggressive. Both neighbors seem intent on harboring these animals, regardless of others'' safety, and chances are if the HOA makes the one neighbor get rid of her dog, she''ll just get a different one. People like this seem to have some bizarre need to keep this type of animal. No matter how nice the area is, bad neighbors can really take away the feeling that your home is your haven.

If there''s any way you can move, I would. You''ve done your job alerting the HOA, calling an attorney, involving animal control, etc., there''s nothing more to be gained by staying there. The laws protect the owners of the dog more than they protect you. The fact that the neighbor seems to be intimidating you with her dog concerns me greatly. Trust your instincts on this one. If you feel unsafe there, go someplace else where you are safe.

I did tell my BF to hurry up so we can get married
31.gif

Seriously now. I do own and love my house. I don''t want to move...but will if I feel I''m not safe. I''m attending the HOA''s meeting next week and will fight to have some sort of by-law added to prevent this from hapenning again. I will do the best because I really don''t want to move...specially because the plan is I will be married by the end of ''07 and will be out of here....so I just have to be strong.

Maybe the time away from here will allow my head to settle and my emotions to go back to normal so I can be stronger. Worst case scenario I will move in with BF before we get married, not what I wanted to do but it''s the next best option.

Thank you all! I''m glad you''re not getting sick of me
5.gif

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Is it even legal for the animal control officer that is investigating the case? (the one that came over) to give information I told her to the party that is being "investigated"????

The day after the investigator came, my trashy neighbor went to my other''s neighbor''s house and said that the AC officer had told her that I said that the dog had tried to attack my 6 yr old nephew. I don''t have a 6 year old nephew. I never said that. I said the dog had growled and tried to approach my little sister and her friend, but the guy was able to keep control of the dog that time. So that''s not true. Who knows if my neighbor made that up or if it was the AC office that made it up???. But why is AC telling them any part of what I did say?? (that I was attacked while walking).

I think I will take 1/2 a Xantax tonight so I can get some sleep. I was already sleeping (or trying to) without them but I''m way too nervous tonight and with all these things in my head.

Thank God for American Idol tonight and for the left over ice cream cake!

M~

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are not sick of you!!! I keep checking the thread to see if you''ve updated any developments. I do want to beat the crap out of your neighbors (mom, girl, AND guy) though. Jerks. You are in the right here. They are upset because they were negligent and now have to pay the price. Just keep repeating to yourself that THEY DESERVE what is coming to them. Don''t back down here. You are not wrong!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww mandarine post as much as you need. I cant believe those neighbours! That is terrible! That dog has to be removed. How dare the neighbour blame you. You should be able to cycle, run,walk past her dog without it attacking you. Take care!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
FI just asked me to tell you that if you move into your BF''s house for a bit, to have someone regularly comes by your house to check up on it and make sure that your neighbors haven''t damaged any of your property. I hope that they won''t, but they''ve clearly gone off the deep end.

I''m really sorry that all of this is happening.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all!.

RockDoc, Thank you!! I am in Broward. Is that the correct link? I tried it but it took me a ifferent site.

My BF is calling Animal Control tomorrow and reading line by line what the law SAYS. When I talked to AC today they didn't seem to give out the same info as is on the Broward County website.

Blenheim, that's great avice! Say thanks to your FI from me :)

You guys are all great! Seriously, thanks
4.gif

Hugs,

M~

ETA: Never mind Rockdoc, it worked! Thanks a bunch!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 8:13:14 PM
Author: Mandarine
Thank you all!.

RockDoc, Thank you!! I am in Broward. Is that the correct link? I tried it but it took me a ifferent site.

My BF is calling Animal Control tomorrow and reading line by line what the law SAYS. When I talked to AC today they didn''t seem to give out the same info as is on the Broward County website.

Blenheim, that''s great avice! Say thanks to your FI from me :)

You guys are all great! Seriously, thanks
4.gif

Hugs,

M~

that a jewelry gemstone blog link ... so I corrected it with the right one.

I''ll check to see what, if anything exists in Broward.

It might also be wise to do a search at the Broward County Courthouse, in both names of the next door neighbor.

You might find out some very interesting stuff by doing a "case inventory". It is free, and people at the Courthouse there will help you.

You might find this dog has had complaints before, and if so it is more serious.

Rockdoc

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, this woman who went after you today, didn''t you say that SHE is a police officer? Are you kidding me? This is absolutely unconscionable (sp)!!!!!

If she is, I would see if there''s a procedure in place to file a formal complaint against her in the city. Here in Providence we have the Police Civilian Complaint Hearing. This is for people to file a formal complaint for conduct unbecoming an officer (in any way). I don''t know if they have to be in uniform or not or on duty. That is something you could find out. It usually leads to some type of in-house discipline for the officer if you are able to prevail. HTH

shay

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeez, your neighbors are unreal. I hope your situation gets better, Mandarine!

Meanwhile, enjoy American Idol tonight, hopefully it will take your mind off things for a couple hours.
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine,

Just another vote for not sick of you. I am so sorry they are being nasty and horrid. You continue to be in my thoughts. Have the BF take extra special care of you.

~K

:)

Brilliant_Rock
All I can say is...
38.gif

Your neighbors are terrible. Have you been updating your lawyer? Please keep a DETAILED log of ALL interactions, notes, observations, etc. This will be important later. Do not speak to them, anything they want to say to you, tell them to contact your lawyer. I have no doubt they will try to weasel out of your medical bills. They know they are in the wrong, the saying "the best defense is a good offense'' - sounds like they are trying to take that track.

So sorry. Hugs from me too!
9.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
I just caught up on your thread, Mandarine.

I think the card your sister gave you was cute. Added a little humor to the situation.

I am glad your arm is healing. That the infection seems to be going away. That''s very important. That you are whole again with a functioning arm.

I remember before we bought our first house, a coworker said we should go around and chat with the neighbors. See if they were the type of people we''d like to live with day in and day out. I thought "Yeah! Right!" Like anyone would do that. We''ve always been lucky to have good neighbors, but I now see the importance of what my coworker was trying to tell me. Make sure you''re comfortable before you move in and put down roots.

You''ve had a long 2 weeks. You may have a longer road ahead. It''s good you are taking some time away to rest and refresh yourself emotionally.
12.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
They are unreal.

She might or not be a cop. I remember her saying was that she was a cop, but she then said she works at the jail...so my BF says she''s probably just a correctional officer or something. I wouln''t know the ifference. She wears a uniform, so for me that''s a cop!..hehe, I know that''s not the case an there is a ifference!...so anyway, she might not be an actual cop. Even so, she is in law enforcement....shouldn''t she know better??

Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts!

M~

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 6:42:26 PM
Author: Mandarine
Thanks...

I know I can''t let them get to me...I wish I could be strong and stay here and show them that I won''t let them intimidate me...but I''m just terrified. Plain and simple. If the dog wasn''t here I would stay...they don''t scare me...they do upset me, but they don''t scare me. The dog in the other hand terrifies me. I live alone, maybe that makes it harer for me to handle...and this only happenned 8 days ago!...I just can''t believe how some people are....

Cehrabehra- I think going through this as a mom may be even worse than going through it personally....as a mom you must feel like you can always do more...in my case I know this will go as far as I take it for my own sake.....I can''t even imagine how upset you were and I understand if you can''t keep up with my story. You''ve given me such valuable advice...I went back an re-read all of your responses and I can see how you saw this coming form the beginning and how you tried to warn me. So thank you so much.

I''m still tearing
7.gif
...but I feel a little better. I talked to my mom and after making the decision that I would leave for a while I feel better. I was shaking so bad today I couldn''t even use my phone!!! between being scared and angry....it''s just a horrible position to be in....in your own HOUSE!!!

They''re just fools. If this gets to court I assure you harrassing me will not be in their favor.

29.gif
7.gif
I don''t blame you - just write every single thing down including how you FEEL and every conversation and everything just EVERYTHING. Every time you see the dog barking - just make a journal.

At the moment of the attack it was so surreal and so fast that at first I couldn''t believe it even happened. There''s this weird narrator voice in your head saying, "and now the dog is jumping at the child - ahhh so THIS is what it looks like to see a dog attack a child" I think it''s a product of the whole lack of control thing. Kinda like when you''re watching tv and the words don''t line up with the picture.... and then later you go over it and it''s like holy crap!! Fear feels different in survival instinct mode.... I dunno....

just pace yourself, cause you''re gonna get more pissed off than you are already... if you push this it will drag on for a very long time and I do think you should push it. It sucks that you''re in this situation and it sucks that they''re pulling every lame-o trick out of the bag of defences - it MUST be YOUR fault!! I don''t care if you were running or skipping or walking or picking your nose.... that dog came to you, attacked you, and it is not your fault. I''m sure that woman who owns the house realizes tht it is HER ass on the line as the homeowner - her insurance - she would be sued.

Don''t talk to any of them. Just don''t. Don''t look at them, don''t listen to them, don''t say a word - just remember everything they say and go inside and write it down. Take pics of the dog at the window and being walked on the street. Try not to be overt about it though LOL Just gather info. Continue doing research and call around for an alternative attorney - call and get phone info on them so that if at any time this is just becoming too much of a burden for your friend (two years of work for nothing in an area not your speciality is a lot to undertake) you have a QUICK alternative lined up. You don''t want to sit on this for a long time....

And I''m not going anywhere... I just get so upset reading this and I just have to take some time to let go - this is your situation and you need to do what is best for you. I just hate to think of the victim in all of this being treated like dog poop while the dog and owners use every excuse in the book to shift blame.

just be prepared in case this does go to court - it very well may if you want anything resembling fair out of it....

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mandarine!

I''ve been wondering how you''ve been ever since I read what happened. I''m so sorry you''ve had to deal with everything that''s been going on. You are very strong! It''s also good to know that your boyfriend is now with you. He sounds very sweet. Take care!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Cehrabehra,

Thank you so much. You ARE going somewhere...you have no iea how much you have helped me!.

It feels exactly like you described it....just so surreal. When the dog was biting me I could not even scream!. My mom heard what sounded like screaming, but she thought I was just talking to a neighbor or playing with the other neighbor's Beagle. Adrenaline took over me and you can't even feel the pain. You feel the pressure, the teeth and you know what is happenning...but there is no pain...so my screams were more like lamentations...like "I can't believe this is actually happening. Someone take this dog off of me before it kills me!". It's just crazy. Like a movie where the words don't line up with the picture. I couldn't have described it better.

It must have been so hard for you to watch this...I'm SO deeply sorry.

You have given me so much great advice an strenght...well, all of PS has given me strenght...but I appreciate you for sharing something that I know must me painful...and you somewhat want to use "what you know" to help others in similar situations...and that just speaks to how big your heart is...so thank you.

I talked back at her today because she caught me off guard. I know better now!

I know this will be a long road, but I have to do what is right and like you said before "force some action"!!!

Thank you again,

Hugs,

M~

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry that things have taken this turn. You need to stand your ground and don''t let the scum intimidate you. If they continue with the psychological warfare, sue them. It looks as if there won''t be any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results