shape
carat
color
clarity

Attacked by neighbor''s rottweiler...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2007 7:32:20 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/16/2007 7:24:09 PM
Author: lumpkin

The fact that the neighbor seems to be intimidating you with her dog concerns me greatly. Trust your instincts on this one. If you feel unsafe there, go someplace else where you are safe.

Incidentally, I''m not sick of hearing from you at all!!!! I hope you can get out of all this and heal quickly. Sending prayers.
Ditto!
And thritto. Hold on Mandarine
emrose.gif

Hopes

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 6:12:14 PM
Author: Mandarine
Thank you everyone!

I'm about to lose it so tomorrow morning I'm packing up and going to my BF's house for a couple of weeks or until I feel better.

The neighbors are official TRASH (I can fin better words to describe them but it wouldn't be appropriate). I will try to make a long story sort of short...because I think you guys might be getting sick of me!.

I was walking in from walking my dog and talking to one neighbor (an older guy from NY...our dogs love to play together). Anyway, the neighbor (the mom and owner of the house) was pulling in her car and saw me, she immediately came outside with her smaller dog and started yelling at me. She said I was a liar, that I know pretty d@mn well that I was 'running' and not walking, that I'm turning everything around because I know this was my fault, etc etc....all this while screaming, waving her hands at me, saying nasty words every other word, etc...

I wasn't running. My mom was looking at me from the window, I was walking....she even wondered why I went the other way!. There is a reason why I turned the other way...to avoid the dog because I knew he was out of control and that his owner couldn't control him!. I WAS walking...another neighbor saw me coming out of my house (walking) but didn't see the attack since it happen in a dark spot...he did hear me screaming.

So what is she talking about??...and let's say I was in ROLLERBLADES...does that make it ok then??? does it make it ok for her to harass me??? God forbid a runner walks into them in the street....I guess in her mind that makes it ok...they have the rottweiler, you need to be careful. I don't know how I could have one anything differently to prevent this attack...other than carrying a pepper spray or something with me!.

This woman is nuts...an now they're using the dog to intimidate me. They're keeping their blinds open so that the dog can see me....so he can jump and scare me...they know I'm scared and now she wants to harass me!??...

I told her she was crazy an she could just talk to my lawyer. I couldn't believe the nerve.....the older guy saw the whole thing so I will try to get his number next time I see him.

I can't take it though...next thing you know she will be getting the letter from my lawyer (she should get it, certified mail, tomorrow) and will get even more pissed and will take the big dog out when she sees me, just to scare me.

I'm packing up and leaving tomorrow...hopefully the HOA can act fast.

I already wrote everything down and I'm hoping tomorrow morning I don't run into anyone that lives in that household before I leave.

Here I thought things could be resolved in a more classy manner.....here I was trying to be nice!. Well, I'm done...it sucks, but I have no other choice.

M~
Wow... just... WOW. What scum!! I hate to say it, but I had a feeling these people would be like this from the beginning. Ugh... I'm so sorry to hear this Mandarine. I hope you take care and definitely document this, get eyewitnesses, etc. YOU are the victim here, and they have NO right to treat you like this. Talk about pouring salt on wound... this is just unacceptable. Reminds me of the awful abusive people that make their victims feel terrorized so that their victims don't lash back at them or report them.

You're doing the right thing. Get the lawyer ready. Get out of the reach of these pure asshats. Get that dog put down. There's no doubt now that these people won't do this again to others, because they have NO REMORSE, NO MORALS, NO SENSE OF RIGHT OR WRONG. SHEESH!!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
well, mandarine, I had NO idea. I only go to LIW and BIW boards so sometime I miss a bunch of stuff. First of all, I echo what everyone else has said...that I''m so sorry to hear this and thankful that it wasn''t worse. I also haven''t read every post, just the first and last one.
I think it''s clear that your neigbours are pretty low rent types..who owns an attack dog and lets the leash drop?? Or doesn''t train the dog or take necessary precautions..hasn''t there been enough coverage of these kinds of attacks in the news? And that doesn''t even touch on what she said to you..yelling in the streets.
Take the high road and do not acknowledge her. Let the legal system take care of it. I wouldn''t feel comfortable living near them though, can you move in with your BF? I mean you guys KNOW you''ll be engaged soon!
And absolutely take legal action against her and the community management. I would put in a special request that you want nothing to happen to the dog, just actions against owners as they are full accountable and responsible, and in fact, are now harrassing.
I''m no lawyer, but that''s my general suggestion. Again, sooo sorry about this all, but you''ll get through it and these people are just disgusting.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
If you read the statutes here - if they persist in using the dog to terrorize you, and it has a record of being aggresive, here in FL, it becomes a criminal action which AC does have an obligation to handle.

Probably a good idea - if you are out walking to take a video cam with you.

Hope you''re healing and feeling better......

Rockdoc

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Im so sorry they are acting like this!!
33.gif
I think its best you get out of there for a while I cant imagine having to deal with that every morning. Best wishes girl!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone!.

Thank you RockDoc! that is helpful to know. My BF is calling animal control today to put some more pressue and to ask why they would give out any info of what I said to the party under "investigation". I''m also documenting anything and my lawyer is already informed of this and will also action it...

I''m at my BF''s house now. I already feel better!!!...what a difference. I feel I can walk in and out of the house without being freaked out, which is a nice change!.

I set my house alarm before I left and called my other neighbor so she can be on ''high alert'' and call me if she sees anything strange in my property, etc

Thank you all again!
4.gif
you''re all awesome, I love PS
5.gif

M~

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine ~

I haven''t posted earlier, but I have been skimming this thread from time-to-time to see how you''re doing. I am so sorry that this has happened to you, but you have handled the situation very well. I am glad that you are healing. While it is awful that you were forced to go to your BF''s house for peace of mind, I think that the break from the neighbors will do you well. Relax and continue your healing process.

I haven''t read all of the posts, so forgive me if I am repeating what others have said. If you haven''t already, you should make sure you have pictures of your wounds in the event they are needed in the future (i.e. the neighbors don''t want to pay for medical bills, etc.) Also, you''ve said the neighbors have pulled up the blinds and let the dog charge at the windows. I know you''re at your BF''s place now, but if you can get pictures of this it would be some documentation of how the neighbors are handling things. I agree with someone else who posted earlier ~ you should just stop all personal communication with these people. They''re clearly delusional. Just document what they say and note the date so you have that kind of information for your attorney.

Take care of yourself and keep us updated. We''re not sick of hearing from you! Hope you heal quickly so that you can return to the WWT soon!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Turtledazzle! I can''t wait to be able to start exercising, but it might be a while!.....let''s see what the doctor says next Monday. I miss reporting my progress in the WWT!

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I wish I could take a picture of the dog at the window, but it''s just not worth me staying there just for that. I also don''t want to put my other neighbor in the middle of this.

Hopefully the HOA will act soon! (I already called them and e-mailed them yesterday again asking for a timeframe).

I am not answering back ever again to anything they say, it''s not worth it. It will be hard to just walk away, but hopefully the time away will help make me stronger so that their little tricks for intimidating me won''t work!. I keep on documentaing everything and now I can use PS to go back and verify some of my details since I posted here also!...

Thank you all
35.gif
. Big hugs,

M~

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 1:08:49 PM
Thank you Turtledazzle! I can''t wait to be able to start exercising, but it might be a while!.....let''s see what the doctor says next Monday. I miss reporting my progress in the WWT!

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I wish I could take a picture of the dog at the window, but it''s just not worth me staying there just for that. I also don''t want to put my other neighbor in the middle of this.

Hopefully the HOA will act soon! (I already called them and e-mailed them yesterday again asking for a timeframe).

I am not answering back ever again to anything they say, it''s not worth it. It will be hard to just walk away, but hopefully the time away will help make me stronger so that their little tricks for intimidating me won''t work!. I keep on documentaing everything and now I can use PS to go back and verify some of my details since I posted here also!...

Thank you all
35.gif
. Big hugs,

M~
The bite was on your arm, so it is just fine to walk (esp now that you are out of the neighborhood with your bf and not near those people), and likely with all the stress you are under walking (at a nice brisk pace!) will help to provide some stress relief and help you sleep better at night!
2.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 3:11:15 PM
Author: :)

Date: 1/17/2007 1:08:49 PM
The bite was on your arm, so it is just fine to walk (esp now that you are out of the neighborhood with your bf and not near those people), and likely with all the stress you are under walking (at a nice brisk pace!) will help to provide some stress relief and help you sleep better at night!
2.gif
Oh definitely! You''re right! I haven''t really stopped walking though. I still take my doggie out for a walk....slowly at first but now I can walk faster (given that the movements don''t make my arm hurt!!).

The Doctor suggested I stay away from sweating because the last thing I need is that bacteria from sweating makes the infection come back or whatever....so I gotta take it easy for now.

I can''t wait to be at my gym, at my boot camp classes...back to where I was. I feel like I completely lost all the muscle mass I had built up after 6 months of hard work!
15.gif
. But oh well, that should be the least of my worries I guess. I will just have to work extra hard when I''m able to.

We''re going skiing Feb 14th so I want to at least be able to do some toning by then to get my legs ready....

I will try to walk faster tonight and now I don''t have to be looking around me when I walk!! yay.

I was actually able to even take a nap today!!!!...a 20 minute nap with my dog in the couch...priceless, I needed it!!!!. I''m already feeling better so I have no doubt I made the right decision by coming up here!
1.gif

M~

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine: This is utterly confusing to me why this is not being handled by animal control & the police.

What did the cops say ?

Jeannine

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine,

I''ve been following this thread and glad that you are doing better.
But, I think you need to contact the police again. Let them know that the neighbor has been harassing and terrorizing you. Also let them know that you moved in with your bf for a little bit. You are doing what your neighbors want by leaving.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 4:58:05 PM
Author: divergrrl
Mandarine: This is utterly confusing to me why this is not being handled by animal control & the police.

What did the cops say ?

Jeannine
Diver the laws here in washington county do not involve the above mentioned very much - the animal control officer has to WITNESS an attack themselves and the police just say talk to animal control.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
oh Mandarine I am so sorry you have such rude neighbors. Mean people really do suck. I have to say I, too, am unfortunately not surprised at the turn of events, based on the local stories I''ve seen around here of dogs attacking. The neighbors seem to think "no, my dog''s not vicious, you must have provoked it..." Gimme a break! We had a dog in this area attack a child and the neighbors refused to put the dog down. It dragged out in court for a year or two. They hired a lawyer. It''s amazing what people will do to defend their animals, even at the risk of injuring people. Good luck to you and I, too, am not tired at all of hearing your story. You sound like such a thoughtful person and I really hope this all works out without too much headache.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Cehra, Hey there! Where is Mandarine? Is she in Wa.county? I''m not in Wa.county, and we''re a little more strict in Clack. Our animal control is all over you if you have a bite issue. Especially in my town. I got charged by a neighbors dog & called 911 (it attacked my beagle & I had my baby in a stroller with me) & the cop came to where I was, went and talked to the owner, and gave me the number of the animal control officer on duty & she was all over it. She asked me if I wanted to file a formal complaint, and kept me aprised of the situation.

Well I just hope she can get this resolved. At this point I''d just sic my lawyer on them. (and I am not a litigious person, I have one for our will and thats it...lol)

Jeannine

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I was able to sleep last night!!!!
1.gif

Jeannine, I really wish the police or animal control or the HOA for that matter saw this as a more urgent matter...

The police: They came to the ER. They guy was really nice, he then visited the neighbors, came back to the ER to talk to me again. He filed the report and told me HE was sending the info to animal control and they will contact me. I called the police the next day to get an update and they told me I just had to call animal control.

Animal Control: After two days I''m wondering what is taking them so long. I call and they tell me they haven''t received anything regarding this case. I re-report the case. Someone came to my house the next day, treated me horribly, was very cague with the info she gave me regarding the next steps and didn''t even interview me. She gave the neighbor''s a fine that if they pay within 30 days they will be required to have the dog wear a muzzle. If they don''t pay the fine then we go to court in March. I won''t find out if they have paid their fine until I either get a note to go to court or someone calls me a couple of weeks before our court date to tell me I don''t need to go. The dog is placed in "Quarantine" which just means that the dog is to stay in the house for 10 days, away from other dogs (he can''t go to the dog park!), but he can go for walks. We are now trying to call animal control because this just doesn''t seem right. We are unable to reach anybody, but my BF continues to try. He has all the paperwork that explain the FL laws regarding animal bites and will go one by one with them. I doubt they will do much even after that.

HOA: They have been somewhat helpful, but again, no sense of urgency. I''m still waiting to hear when they will send the letter to my neighbors requiring that the dog is removed from the community. I continue to make calls and send e-mails, but can''t get a straight answer...I assume they are is talks with their own lawyers making sure they''re not in trouble too or something. There is a board meeting next Wednesday so I will be attending that. One of the borad memebers did call me last night but I missed his call. He sounded very concerned, so that''s a good sign. I''m thinking I need to send them the pictures of my arm...maybe they will realize it wasn''t just a ''bite'' and will feel more compelled to help me.

My lawyer is doing what he needs to do at this point. The letters from him should be in my neighbor''s hands today.

I''m writing everything down and also documenting how this has impacted my life (affected my work, my lifestyle, how I don''t even feel safe at home, etc).

I just don''t know that there is much more at this point that I can do. I could call the police and tell them the lady was yelling at me...but I don''t think that would make things go any faster or that they will change the outcome of the situation....I''m thinking it might even make it worse. I''m sure the cops will just talk to her and that''s it....so for now I''m not going to call them.

So anyway....I think I''m doing all I can do. I''m just amazed at the number of errors that have happenned all through this incident (including Doctors that don''t know what they''re doing). Even as the doctor was taking my stitches off, he was wondering if they were ready or not, and kept just asking questions....at one point he asked me "who stitched this?" (kind of like "who did this butcher job!?")...I''m not sure what that was suppossed to mean. He took them off and then was like...hmm...maybe they weren''t ready...hello????.

I just want this part of it to be done with. I know the tension with the neighbors won''t get any better, but I can deal with them...I will just have to be strong to ignore them and not get to their level. Right now I just want two things: my arm to heal completely (one of the wounds is not healing very well since they took the stitches off so it hurts...) and I want the dog out of there!.

For now, I feel better up at my BF''s place. Last night we went for a long walk, then I watched AI and went to sleep!...so at least I feel safe, my BF is being a sweetheart and very supportive and I can sleep!

M~

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mandarine, if anyone in that neighbor''s house continues to shout at you or tries to intimidate you in any other way, I suggest that you:
1. File a complaint with the police each time there is an incident.
2. Have your lawyer take them to court. The court will fine them. Nothing gets through to people like a hit to the pocketbook.

Hopes

Rough_Rock
Glad to hear you are feeling better at your bf''s, Mandarine. The thing about bureaucracies is that they always work so slowly, inefficiently and horribly. Something ALWAYS goes wrong, and you have to call/contact/write/mail them ten or twenty times to get just one thing straightened out. It''s really just the way this all works, unfortunately. Don''t take it personally, and just stick to your guns!

P.S. This whole blame the victim thing REALLY peeves me. Nevermind that it''s a freaking psychic dog that doesn''t know any better and probably has had no training... if it was a man that attacked her I wonder how many people would say it''s her fault, she provoked him, etc. Ugh. There''s just no sense of justice anywhere.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that your neighbor is so aweful! Definitely call the police whenever you feel threatened. I''m glad you''re staying with your BF and I hope you feel better.

Btw. ask your attorney about putting the association on any potential lawsuit- your neighbor might not pay, but they would have to.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

Madam - That''s a great suggestion, thanks!
4.gif

Hopes & winternight, thanks for your notes!!!
4.gif

So here is an update...

I''m still at my BF''s house....my arm is healing so that''s a good thing. I went to a plastic surgeon yesterday and he said we may have to do some small procedures, but I need to wait a year to see what the final scar will look like. He suggested I started to massage it gently (it''s still tender) but I still don''t feel the skin around the wounds and it''s very bumpy....so it feels very weird and every time I do it I end up feeling sad. Baby steps...

The letters from the lawyer went out last week so they probably have them now...they also probably have the letter from the HOA. Here is the problem though. I''ve been doing more resreach (if anyone else knows more about this please let me know!). The HOA can "ask" them to remove the dog, but legally they can''t enforce it. This is what I was told by the President and it unfortunately seems to be the way it is. The HOA seems to be on my side and I think they wnat to do the right thing, but at this point they have sent a letter ''asking'' that the dog is removed. If the neighbors refused, the President said we would think of other options....one of them being making a change to the bylaws which can take a long time and get very pricey for the association.....

So that''s disheartening. I''m ready to go back home
15.gif

Yesterday I went there to pick up some clothes (for the first time since I felt last week) and as soon as I drove into the parking lot my heart started racing. Then I saw them all walking towards their house...great timing, right!?...I don''t think they saw me because I slowed down and waited. When I finally worked up the nerve to walk in the house I was so nervous and shaking that I just grabbed a couple of things and left
14.gif
. I thought I could be stronger, but you can''t really control your emotions or how your mind will react to certain situations. I know the dog is still there because by other neighbor told me...but thank God I didn''t see him yesterday...

I cried all the way to my BF''s house because I don''t know what I''m going to do. I''m not ready to move in with him...although we have discussed it and he would love to have me move in. I wasn''t ready for that...I wanted to wait until at least we were closer to getting married....and I still enjoy living down there (we live about an hour away). I have my life down there...my job, my gym, my house...it may sound silly since I will be moving up here eventually...but I guess the fact that it might not happen at the timing we chose, but rather at a self-imposed timing really bothers me and upsets me. So I''m a bit of an emotional wreck right now. My BF said to just give it time...maybe they will move away (they said to another neighbor that they were moving)...or maybe they will cooperate and at least remove the dog...who knows. I miss my home...I love being here with my BF and he has been so supportive and great....but this is *still* not my house. I feel like I''m ready to at least go back to some of my regular activities (gym, dance classes, etc) and want to be at my house and enjoy it and love it like I always have. I''ve always felt so safe there and have always loved the feeling that that''s my space, mine!....I''ve always felt so comfortable living there...and now it upsets me that after 5 minutes of being there yesterday I was ready to leave!!.

Anyway...sorry for the vent. I''m really trying to remain positive and think that really everything happens for a reason...maybe it''s not the timing we chose to live together, but maybe it''s the right time...or maybe I just need to grow stronger, go back and deal with it. I dunno...

I guess going there yesterday and feeling like I did I realized that my arm is healing faster than my emotions and I wasn''t ready for it...I really thought I could be stronger but you just don''t know how you will react to something unless you''re actually in that situation.

Sorry this is kind of long again!....
5.gif

Hugs,

M~

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Gosh Mandarine, I wish I could offer you some advice other than what has been given so far because every time I read your updates, it makes me feel sick to my stomach for you.

It amazes me how the rights of these negligent pet owners and their pet, continue to trump your rights at every turn. How very frustrated you must feel as the innocent victim. I really hope someone does the right thing soon, so you can get back to living your life the way you want to.

Take care,

Heather

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mandarine,

Honey I think it sounds like you have too much on your plate right now to consider moving anywhere! You need to take care of yourself before making such a big decision (especailly one which you aren''t too sure about... I know you were supposed to get engaged before the end of the year, so moving in with him now, isn''t the optimal solution you hoped for!). Making big decisions should be done when you feel calm, happy and secure. Any decision made during a time of upheaval is influanced by all sorts of outside influances....so you can''t really make a decision knowing this is what you *really* want.

Personally when I am having a hard time, I find lots of comfort in what I feel is *home* at this point, although I own the house with my fiance, I still consider my parents house *home* and where I go to retreat if I need some personal time and space. I think I''m only going to consider that house "my house" when we get married and start living together. And this makes no sense considering the fact that I have my own study there. The important thing is to go with what you are feeling, and what makes you comfortable.

Don''t be too hard on youself. You are allowed to be emotional. This event was very traumatic for you (although on a side note, I''m glad you are feeling better physically)

Hugs!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Manderine,

I feel really sad for you that things still aren''t resolved. The people who should be dealing with this - for whatever reason - are resting on their laurels and not doing their job properly. It would be different I''m sure if one of their family members was going through as much emotional upheaval and distress that you are.

I''m glad you have your boyfriends house to retreat to. Please don''t worry that you have to make the decision to move there now. As you said you have your life at the other place. It might be something to consider later on though - especially if these people have a long memory and won''t leave you alone.

I hope you can spend the time up there relaxing and enjoying being away from a horrible situation.

Maisie

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 9:30:24 AM
Author: Maisiebelle

Hi Manderine,

I feel really sad for you that things still aren''t resolved. The people who should be dealing with this - for whatever reason - are resting on their laurels and not doing their job properly. It would be different I''m sure if one of their family members was going through as much emotional upheaval and distress that you are.
Yes, I can just imagine...

Mandarine, I wish I had an answer for you, I really do. Hang in there.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys...

I just had a long talk with my sister and she said I need to talk about it and try to understand what really terrifies me so much...so that I can somehow deal with it. Not to push myself, but at least try to breakdown anything my mind is telling me so that I can ease those fears.

So then a ray of light...a call at the right time...

One of the board members for the HOA just called me. He sounds very concerned and wants me to come to the HOA''s meeting with pictures of my arm so that I can tell my story. He thinks we have to find a way to get this dog out of there....he seemed very concerned and thought that absolutely the HOA should do something (I think he used to be the HOA''s President at one point)...

So tomorrow I''m going there and will probably sleep at my house just because it''s a long trip. I will probably leave my dog at my BFs so I don''t have to worry too much about walking him twice a day with that other dog still there....we''ll see...

Thank you guys for the kind words and support,

M~

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif

Mandarine, if you haven''t already, buy some really good pepper spray, and have it in your hand any time you go in and out of your house. I know you don''t want to live like that, but it''s best to be prepared.

Also, try it out beforehand, so you are aware of just how far the stream goes.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ellen! that''s one thing I''ve thought about...where do I go to buy a pepper spray?. I think that would somewhat help me feel safer...

M~

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 9:56:32 AM
Thanks guys...

I just had a long talk with my sister and she said I need to talk about it and try to understand what really terrifies me so much...so that I can somehow deal with it. Not to push myself, but at least try to breakdown anything my mind is telling me so that I can ease those fears.

So then a ray of light...a call at the right time...

One of the board members for the HOA just called me. He sounds very concerned and wants me to come to the HOA''s meeting with pictures of my arm so that I can tell my story. He thinks we have to find a way to get this dog out of there....he seemed very concerned and thought that absolutely the HOA should do something (I think he used to be the HOA''s President at one point)...

So tomorrow I''m going there and will probably sleep at my house just because it''s a long trip. I will probably leave my dog at my BFs so I don''t have to worry too much about walking him twice a day with that other dog still there....we''ll see...

Thank you guys for the kind words and support,

M~
Well, that''s a step in the right direction at least! Good to know that you have at least one high-up person on your side ... and I''m sure that once you meet with the HOA board in person, others will want to help, too. I can''t imagine meeting someone who was an innocent victim and NOT wanting to do what you can to help them!

Didn''t you say before that if the dog attacks again that the HOA will be liable? So I don''t understand how they can say that all the can do now is "ask" that the dog be removed ...? I''m getting confused here
33.gif

It''s so sad/horrible that you''re afraid to be in your own home! Is there any way for your BF to come stay with you in your place instead of you being at his place? I know for me, that''s what I''d want ... to be in my own surroundings yet to have someone there to comfort me.

As always, hugs, best wishes, and good luck with moving forward!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Well...in terms of their liability...it gets tricky. From what I know, they could be held liable *but* if there is nothing in the by-laws that allows them to legally remove the dog...then legally, they couldn''t take him out, even if they wanted to...so one could argue how they could be held liable. I''ve read some similar cases and some HOAs got away with it because yes, they knew the dog was dangerous ''but'' it wasn''t in their power to remove the dog.

I still think if they really wanted to help me they could find a loophole or something in the by-laws that will allow them to legally request that the dog be taken out of there.

I think you''re right. If I go in person, I show them the pictures (which obviosuly look worse than what my arm looks like right now..evern though it still looks bad). Then maybe they will feel more compelled to find a way to help me.

I would also rather have my BF come and stay with me...but due to his job this is just not a possibility. I can work from his house (because I can work virtually from any home office), but he can''t...he has to go to his office which is over an hour from where I live (without traffic!)...so it would just not work for him.

So I will get my notes together and do as much research as I can before going to that meeting tomorrow.

Thanks guys...

M~

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 10:12:33 AM
Thanks Ellen! that''s one thing I''ve thought about...where do I go to buy a pepper spray?. I think that would somewhat help me feel safer...

M~
That''s a good question, my hubby''s a mail carrier, so I get mine free.
9.gif
17.gif

I know places sell it, but honestly I don''t know where and hubby''s not home to ask. Maybe someone will chime in, if not, I''ll ask hubby when he gets home.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results