shape
carat
color
clarity

Attacked by neighbor''s rottweiler...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all!

I am talking to my lawyer ASAP also to see what else can be done.

For now, I''m still going to that HOA meeting tonight. Seems kind of pointless now, but I don''t care....it''s better than nothing at this point.

I''m in shock about how some people can be so inhumane and have so little heart and compassion. Specially given how nicely I reacted to them.

I think this is going to be a LONG LONG process...so I''m seriously considering moving. Maybe just renting a place (instead of moving with BF) and trying to rent my place out?.

39.gif

M~

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 12:32:13 PM
Author: RockDoc
Hi Capt.....

I agree with your advice of having Mandarine engage her attorney do the calling. That''s why I suggested it above...

Here in FL if you say the ''wrong thing or say it the wrong way'' you COULD end being charged with Extortion, particularly if it''s ''threatening''. Don''t know if that exists in your neck of the woods in CA, but I would imagine it could.

Hope you''re doing well, and always appreciate reading your posts.

Rockdoc
Yes, I saw that; I just wanted to be sure she caught it as well--which she seems to have.
2.gif

As for the extortion thing, I''d have to look it up, but you''re correct that one must be very careful with that kind of thing, especially when dealing with public officials.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope that the meeting goes ok for you tonight mandarine-I cant believe that woman said that you ran up to the dog-WTF? She is obviously playing dirty and needs to be put back in her box!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I''ve been away for awhile and jsut saw this thread. I haven''t read through all the replies but wanted to share my story. We adopted a rescue greyhound. While most come from the track this one came from the California desert where it was owned by someone who is part of a club that goes out and has their dogs hunt down wildlife.

While the dog seemed ok during the adoption process, once we got it home it had serious behavior issues -- growling if we got too close to where it was curled up, or growling if we approached his kennel. Once my daughter put her hand into his kennel to pet him and he bit her. I told my husband we needed to return the dog and he was reluctant. We contacted the rescue group and discussed his behavior and they characterized it as "natural" and implied it was our fault the dog was growling and biting (for the record, we are experienced dog owners).

Finally one day our daugthers put our cat on a halter leash to walk it outside. The greyhound came outside, made a beeline for the cat, grabbed it and started ravaging it in front of our daughters. They started screaming, my husband ran outside and was able to get the dog off the cat, who crawled away and hid with his injuries for a day before we could coax it out for medical treatment. That could just as easily have been my daughters the dog ravaged. I put my foot down and my husband returned the dog to rescue.

What makes me feel bad is not that we returned the dog, but that we didn''t drive it to a vet to be put down. I know the rescue (and their heart is in the right place) would just try to excuse the dog''s behavior and not place it in a home with cats (at best) or at worst, just place the dog anywhere again. That dog was not a safe dog and has no place in any home. I felt pity for the dog and the horrible history it must have had, but there is no place in our society for a vicious animal.

The rottie who attacked you should be put down. It''s not a safe dog. If it attacked you, it probably was not the first time it attacked, and it will attack again.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 8:37:21 AM
Author: Mandarine
Thank you Shay! . Thank you for sharing your personal story and letting me know about your arm. I guess I''ve never had any type of ''serious'' injury so I don''t know what to expect (not even as a child...I was a very girly girl that didn''t take too many chances of getting hurt...hehe). The bumps in the skin make me nervous but I know I have to give it time and hopefully after a year I won''t see much more than a scar.
M - I can''t even comment on the other stuff because it''s too upsetting other than to say congrats on not smoking and I wish you the best of luck in all of this - I''m gonna keep reading but I''m too upset to comment on this stuff. THIS is why people sue.

ANYWAY I do have some advice for you - and I think I mentioned it before but you might have missed it as it wasn''t pertinent at the time.

Several years ago I read a story in I think BH&G about scar tissue and there was a study done with 3 groups of people.
One group rubbed this scar cream into their scars for 5 minutes 3x a day.
One group rubbed regular lotion into their scars for 5 min 3x a day.
One group did nothing.

There was a *slight* difference between the first two groups, but not much... there was a HUGE difference between them and the group that did nothing however.

It was concluded that more than *what* you use, the ACT of rubbing the tissue helps to break down that scar tissue more than anything else. I did this with my son and there is no bumpy scar on his face, just a surface silvery scar.

I also kept his wounds - stitched and non stitched - under bandaids with neosporin for about a month. He never formed a "scab" - it healed without infection and without a scab. As soon as that was healed I removed the bandaids and began the rubbing 3x a day for a FULL 5 minutes each time. I didn''t get special scar cream - I ended up using vitamin e oil (pure) because I found its viscosity to be the best for this use and I figured it couldn''t hurt LOL

Anyway - I hope this helps with the bumps you''re talking about! I know it might hurt to press on the wounds so I wouldn''t recommend starting this until you''re a bit more healed, but don''t wait too long.... the sooner you start breaking down that scar tissue the better! Right now its still pretty new though and those bumps are where it is healing on the inside still... you''ll be able to tell when you''re ready to start rubbing.

I''m just sick over the rest of it though...
38.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mandarine!

I just wanted to let you know that we are all thinking of you tonight. Best wishes!!!

Zoe

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking about you Mandarine. This whole thing just makes me sick. I think of you every morning because on the other side of the fence in our parking area is an outdoor dog that goes berserk every time it hears someone moving on our side of the fence. Makes me think of how terrifying it was for you having that dog charge you and attack. Something must be done about it...I just hope all the action doesn''t have to come from you.
38.gif
What is WRONG with people!!! The fact that this woman who was walking the dog is a cop and is lying about what happened just makes me livid.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine

Hope the HOA meeting goes well for you and some good suggestions on how to resolve the problem are presented to you.

Let us know how things went.....

Thinking of you and the meeting...

Rockdoc

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 8:38:52 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Thinking about you Mandarine. This whole thing just makes me sick. I think of you every morning because on the other side of the fence in our parking area is an outdoor dog that goes berserk every time it hears someone moving on our side of the fence. Makes me think of how terrifying it was for you having that dog charge you and attack. Something must be done about it...I just hope all the action doesn''t have to come from you.
38.gif
What is WRONG with people!!! The fact that this woman who was walking the dog is a cop and is lying about what happened just makes me livid.
we still own the other house and my husband was going there to do some work between tenants and we were talking on the phone as he got there and I could hear "moose" in the background growling and barking at my husband and I thought of M and how upsetting it is to be menaced... it is just horrible... ITA on that last part as well...

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock

15.gif
15.gif

I will try to give you guys an update...but I am so disheartened that it''s all so hard for me to discuss...so I apologize in advance for the scattered thoughts.

Yesterday I went to pick up the police report before going to the meeting. Well, the police report is all wrong. From my name, to the number of stitches, to the way the accident occurred. I called the Deputy that took the case but he was off so he''s supposed to call me today. My lawyer told me not to stress about it, since that is not even admissible in court.....but how do I not worry about it?. I want it done correctly. There are people that were with me at the ER that know exactly what I said to that cop. What he put down that I said is still an attack, but is not how it actually happened.

The neighbors description of the attack: we ran pass each other (we were never closer than 20ft away), she noticed her dog got excited and started wagging his tail (I don''t even know what to say here), then the dog pulled away from her and jumped on me, dropping me to the ground (he actually never dropped me) and he bit me, leaving a puncture wound.

So I was already upset. I tried to pull myself together and went to my other neighbor''s house to chat and have some coffee. I''m a mess. There is no other way to describe it, I''m depressed, I''m emotional...I''m just a mess...and it upsets me so much because this is not me. I am definitely going to look for some sort of help because I can feel myself getting weaker and worse each day.

Then we get to the meeting (my other neighbors went with me for support). I was talking to one of the members of the association and he just couldn''t believe it. He was saying how he would kill the dog himself if he did that to his wife or kids. As he is saying this, my neighbors walk in. She starts telling him how I could go to jail if I do something to that dog, that she''s a cop, etc. The HOA guy says "NO, that''s what I was saying I would do...not what she''s saying she would do"...so he clarified it, but then that gave her wings to go and those two got into a little confrontation (I didn''t even turn around and this was before everyone was already there)....she started out by saying that animals have rights too and if he feels threatened he will attack. That he didn''t know the story, that I was a liar and she would prove it with pictures, videotape and a letter from a witness (you will laugh later at all of these). Then they got into an argument because the guy kept saying how he didn''t care how it happened, it happened, on common property and unprovoked, End of story. So she said we will see about that. The judge for the animal control case will decide on March 9th and I will have to pay for her attorney''s fees. She''s crazy.

Ok so then everyone gets there. At this point I have already decided I''m not going to talk in front of her. It''s my turn, I say I won''t speak while she''s here. Her turn, she starts speaking, an entire story where nothing is true!! and it just upsets me so bad that people can actually be like this.......I will try to make this short:

- She has an entire fabricated story of how I came out of these bushes and scared the owner of the dog and the dog because I came out agitated because I was hungry and wanted to get done cooking (WTF?????????). Her dog got excited and jumped on me and bit me once and pulled off.

- The deny the dog ever getting off the leash or the distance between me and the dog being more than 2 feet away.

- The deny the dog bitting me twice (thank God for pictures)

- She mentioned at least three times how she''s a cop and she knows the law and how she will prove it, etc etc...

- She then showed the board member a videotape. A videotape of the dog running up to ''complete'' strangers, jumping on them only to lick them and give them "kisses". The dog playing with kids, etc. The board members were just kind of like "uhum...?". HELLO?????????? Do I really give a $#!T about this dog being friendly to other?. Well, she said this is proof of how he must have felt threatened by me in some way because he''s so loving.

- Pictures...pictures of her front door and mine, how we are only about 6 feet away and that is where I came out of the bush and where the accident happened. Not true. The accident happened in the grass, which is already pretty far away from the bush she''s talking about and is out in the open. If it''s where she says, then show me the blood in the sidewalk???. My blood is still in the other sidewalk where I went to hide after the dog let go of me (they tried to pressure wash it, but I guess my blood is strong because it still didn''t come out!)

- A letter from a witness. Yep, the pot smoking kid that claims my dog attacked him while he was coming to my backyard to steal cigarettes. My dog jumped on him, he kicked him. Where is the report if my dog did "attack him". It''s ridicoulous...and what does that have to do with this case?. The kid apparently says he saw that the dog pulled away from me after jumping on me quickly. Not sure what else the letter says because she obviously didn''t pass it to me.

- She the animal control officer told her that my dog was more vicious than her dog and she had nothing to worry about as this was a completely isolated event because the dog felt threatened by me (again, what does my dog have to do with this??? and yes, my dog barked at the animal control officer when she came into the house). He barks when someone he doesn''t know walks into the house, he''s not aggressive!. Actually he barks at me when I come into the house because we ''talk''. I ask him how his day was, he responds with a bark/howl. then I ask him if he saw any squirrels, he barks in response...It''s silly. He''s a silly dog that barks. Period!.

- She said they were moving because this has been so tragic and hard for them, they can''t take it anymore, etc etc. So they are supposed to move in 2 months they said. I don''t believe a word they said so I don''t know if they will actually move that soon. Meanwhile I''m still the one that can''t go home.

7.gif

Anyway...she finally stopped talking at one point and left. Not before calling me a liar.

I showed the association the pictures, told my side of the story. I have no doubt they believe me and want to help me. They said they will continue to see what they can do with their lawyer, but right now there is not much they can legally do. They will keep me posted. If there is nothing else they can do then we can think about amending the by-laws, but this could take months....I don''t have months. I need to either go back home and try to take my life back and go back to my routine or I need to move somewhere to do this. Part of me healing has to be at home, doing my things, living my life. I don''t feel I can do that there. This people are insane, her son is a criminal (and so is his twin brother) and her brother is a criminal....all of them in/our of jail for serious felonies (rape, trafficking drugs, assault, etc). I don''t feel safe there...I want to be strong and say screw you, I live here and I won''t live. But I don''t think I can. If these were normal people I would say "ok, is not like they would be so stupid to hurt me or to allow their dog to hurt me". But I think they are that stupid.

Regarding the case I don''t feel so nervous, I have the truth on my side, we''re meeting with the lawyer today. If he doesn''t sound confident I will look for another lawyer.

I cried all night. I feel so lost and feel like I''m looking for answers that are not there (regarding my own healing). I didn''t sleep all night because I kept having nightmares. God, I''ve never felt like this. Tears come down without me even knowing. I know this is nothing compared to what could have happened...and I know people have gotten through much much much tougher situations...but I can''t help how I feel.

39.gif

I did smoke last night....three cigarettes with my other neighbor...I know that''s bad, I felt I had to confess it here. I had been doing so well. Since Dec 31st...

15.gif
14.gif

M~

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, Mandarine, I am so sorry that she''s being so awful. I can''t beleive the lies that people make up--who does she think she is? She''s a cop, yet she''s ultra corrupt and trying to use her "status" to bully you.

I think you''re wise to stay away from them and not interact with her or her family unless others are present. It''s awful that you cannot go home. They seem dangerous. Just be careful and watch your back. I hate to advise anyone to do this, but if they are as stupid as they seem, they could be a threat to you.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mandarine..

Sorry to hear the events of last night at best are frustrating.

How did you find out her son and other relatives have a criminal history? Did you do the case inventory at the courthouse?

If so, did you get printouts and look at the files for each case?

There is something that sounds very "strange" with these people, their potential conflict of interest situation being on the police staff, the animal control person taking sides with them, and her remarks about knowing the law, and making vieled threats in the meeting room should be brought to the attention of your attorney.

I hope that the HOA had the sense to video tape the meeting or at least record what was said on tape so that there is a documented record.

If you don''t already have it, photographing the area where the dog bit you, and the blood on the sidewalk, would be wise to do. It appears that the location of the attack will have some bearing in the future, in establishing later her lack of creditility of any testimony she might give in the future. Even if you have photos taken previously, it also might be good to photo them today to show that the blood is still there after and attempt to wash it away was made unsuccesfully.

The only "good" thing is that the dog didn''t hurt you worse than he did, and that you''ll heal from this without any permanent physical disability, albeit, that you have apparently suffered mentally and emotionally from this.

But the primary fact is that you were attacked and injured by this dog, and shouldn''t have been. Regardless of the justification, of her "excuses" as to your contributing to the attack, the fact remains that you were injured and shouldn''t have been, and it occured in the common area of the community.

I hope that the meeting with your attorney goes well, and that you feel confident in his ability to proceed in the matter with representing your best interest is maintained and aggressively persued.

As for the smoking, I wouldn''t stress over it. If it helps you deal with the stressfulness of this so be it. You can always do it later on when you''re feeling better and at a less stressful time.

Thanks for the update....

Rockdoc

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
mandarine I''ve been following this thread closely and these people have done what I''m afraid they would have done. They have turned everything around and made themselves the victims. You are the victim, not them! I am so angry with this I can barely type.
face5.gif

Your dog has absolutely nothing to do with this. I have a schnauzer and she barks when I come home, too, and when others come over. It''s annoying but I''ve worked hard to stop it to no avail. Best I can do now is just make her sit before anyone pets her so she''s not jumping on us (in a loving sort of way, of course!) She always gets excited and wants attention so barks and tries to jump on people to get petted. Now if she''s not sitting I won''t let anyone pet her so she gets the message. Same when we''re out walking. I make her sit before someone pets her so she doesn''t jump on them.

Honestly, for my own sake, I would leave. I wouldn''t trust these people and wouldn''t feel safe there. I know that''s an awful end to this since it''s your home but I know this would just eat me up inside. How can you even relax in your own house knowing these people are around? And them calling you a liar is an absolute joke. You seem like a very honest, caring person. They are lucky you aren''t a hard a$$ or they''d be in for an even bigger fight. I know plenty of people who would have taken a different route and been a lot less polite than you have been.

It amazes me how people protect their animals over the safety of other people. You just need to find peace within yourself on this and try to get on with your life. You are being put through way too much with this. No animal or person is worth you falling apart. Keep us updated.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all, forgive yourself from smoking but be strong and don''t give up totally!!! One day at a time :)

Second of all... I''m so sorry...

third of all... you have to understand that their lies and aggression are really DEFENSIVE tactics because they''re afraid you''re going to sue them. Not defending it - just explaining it. If they had nothing to lose here, they would have no reason to act like this. YOU are the one with the most power here, they''re just very deft at manipulating you.

Your situation is so much worse than ours was - our neighbors never lied.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear Mandarine....I just HATE HATE HATE that you''re going through this, and that you''re feeling so bad.

Hopefully your meeting with your attorney will help, and you''ll come away feeling a little better, with a definitive plan in place.

Cehrabehra has a really good point:
... their lies and aggression are really DEFENSIVE tactics because they''re afraid you''re going to sue them.....YOU are the one with the most power
Hang on to this thought!!!!

widget

Hopes

Rough_Rock
UGH!!!! These people make me so mad.
29.gif
I''m so sorry to hear about this Mandarine. I don''t know if I have any good advice for you, but I just hope you feel better. Rememver that none of this is your fault, and that the truth IS on your side. These people are absolute scum, and I hope they get what they deserve, which is nothing short of a good beat down!!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
Sigh... I hope you sue the hell out of them and milk them for all they''re worth (not much, it sounds like
20.gif
). Don''t get sad... get EVEN.
27.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Mandarine, I am just so very sorry and sad for you. Don''t worry about smoking, worry about taking care of you. I have no words as these people are just sick and horrid, but wanted you to know I''m thinking of you.

~K

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ARGH! They keep bringing up YOUR dog again and again......even if you had the world''s most vicious dog (which you obviously don''t), it had NOTHING to do with the attack. As annoying as it is, try not to worry about it because it''s obviously a cheap and ineffective defense tactic -- deflection. And that''s transparent to everyone. Just goes to show you how desperate they are to muddy the issue because they KNOW they are in the wrong. Same thing with how they''re trying to confuse things by suggesting that you actually INVITED the attack by being aggravated, even though you weren''t. Even if you came out of the house babbling in tongues and dancing like a maniac, that still doesn''t excuse the attack.

I think the absolute worst in people comes out when they KNOW they screwed up badly, have a lot to lose, and so they refuse to accept responsibility and resort to low blows. Your neighbors are turning out to be prehaps even MORE vicious than their dog. As Cehra and Widget said....the truth is that you were mauled....there''s no excuse for that and that truth is on your side. Hang in there and just know that you are in the right. Don''t let their cheap and DESPERATE tactics shake your confidence nor your resolve!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone
15.gif

It's very hard for some of the people around me to understand why I'm so emotional about this. They say that they should be scared of me, that I have the power, etc. It all really does sound great and I even wonder why can't I just turn this around and get strong!!!!!!!...but it's just not that easy. I really wish I could shake it off and slap myself to come out of this state my mind is in. I read about post-traumatic disorders. I'm not a fan of all these disorders and all these therapy madness that we see everywhere now. But I am seriosuly considering that this is deeper and I need help with dealing with how I am feeling. Tears come down naturally, I have a knot on my stomach, I can't sleep and have nightmares, anything that has to do with the actual event terrifies me (people, place, looking at my scar, etc)

I'm scared of a vicious dog that is in the hands of irresponsible/ trashy / low-life and lying individuals. I don't know how I can rationalize in my head that I shouldn't be afraid. Or do I just move away so I don't have to deal with those feelings and get my normal life back, get to my routine and begin healing my living normally?. I've always considered myself happy, happy with myself, my life and the way it has turned out for me because I really do have a great life (I always think there is an element of 'luck' to the good things that happen to you, but it's up to you to grab the opportunity and make it yours).

I'm not happy now and I am just so confused and disheartened.

You have all been so great. I can't thank you enough!!

M~

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m so mad for you. I have no law background, but it just seems to me like this is slander -- calling you a liar and saying that you did things that you just did not do -- is there any way to get them to stop?

Mandarine, even though I know that you''re not wild about therapy, it really does help. And sometimes people (myself included) get emotional about things that it just doesn''t seem rational to get emotional about. Yes, you have the power in this situation and they''re really going on the defensive, but it''s completely normal to be emotional. And a good therapist can help you address various fears and feelings, teach you meditation techniques, etc, so that you don''t feel like a wreck.

I thought of you last night. I was watching cops (I know, I know, bad television) and the cops responded to a report of an aggressive dog. They got to the scene and there was this big guy sitting on top of a rottie, and they said that the rottweiler came over and started trying to attack them and so they just tackled him and were afraid to let go. An animal control guy came and put this thing around the dogs neck so he couldn''t hurt anyone, and as soon as the guy got off of him the dog went ballistic. The cops and animal control people were telling the men that they were going to try to classify him as a dangerous dog -- even though he hadn''t even bitten anyone! -- and that if the owners didn''t appeal within two weeks he''d be put to sleep. And he was to be kept in isolation at animal control in the meantime. It made me so mad at how they''re handling your case, and the dog really hurt you!!

With the incorrect police report -- I''m really wondering if it''s about time to bring in the media.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 10:34:11 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
First of all, forgive yourself from smoking but be strong and don''t give up totally!!! One day at a time :)

Second of all... I''m so sorry...

third of all... you have to understand that their lies and aggression are really DEFENSIVE tactics because they''re afraid you''re going to sue them. Not defending it - just explaining it. If they had nothing to lose here, they would have no reason to act like this. YOU are the one with the most power here, they''re just very deft at manipulating you.

Your situation is so much worse than ours was - our neighbors never lied.
Exactly!

Mandarine, I wish I could say something to make you feel better. Please hang in there, you DO have the truth on your side, and people who believe you. {{{hugs}}}

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 11:53:36 AM
Author: Mandarine
Thank you everyone
15.gif

It''s very hard for some of the people around me to understand why I''m so emotional about this. They say that they should be scared of me, that I have the power, etc. It all really does sound great and I even wonder why can''t I just turn this around and get strong!!!!!!!...but it''s just not that easy. I really wish I could shake it off and slap myself to come out of this state my mind is in. I read about post-traumatic disorders. I''m not a fan of all these disorders and all these therapy madness that we see everywhere now. But I am seriosuly considering that this is deeper and I need help with dealing with how I am feeling. Tears come down naturally, I have a knot on my stomach, I can''t sleep and have nightmares, anything that has to do with the actual event terrifies me (people, place, looking at my scar, etc)

I''m not happy now and I am just so confused and disheartened.

You have all been so great. I can''t thank you enough!!

M~
Mandarine, I almost suggested talking to someone (professional) awhile back. These things can have a HUGE psychological effect on people. Everyone is different, it''s nothing to be ashamed of, if you need help. You are a sweet, gentle person, not surprising this has upset you so.

When I was little, so little I don''t even remember the incident, I was caught in the middle of a dog fight. My mother pulled me out of it, and had that been the end of it, I might have been be ok. But my sister, who is several years older, and really didn''t like me, thought it would be funny to act like a mean dog and chase me upstairs into the dark. I don''t remember that either, she told me years later and apologized for it.

But guess what? without remembering any of it, I am absolutely terrified of dogs I don''t know, to the point I won''t go for walks alone outside. I can only imagine how you feel...

So, if you feel the need, do talk to someone. It cannot hurt, and may very well help.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine...like Ellen, I thought of this before...but didn''t mention it either.

I think getting professional help for this, even only a few sessions maybe, could really help.

Your feelings, nightmares, fears around returning to your own house, etc are NORMAL and predictable considering the trauma you''ve been through. Your neighbors'' nastiness can only be agrivating the situation.

"just slapping yourself in the face, and ''getting over it'' " is almost impossible. Working with a therapist might really help your healing....and rediscovering the strength you obviously have..

((hugs))
widget

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine, I don't know how you manage to hold your tongue, I wouldn't be able to tolerate their stream of mouthiness. It irritates me to no end that this woman throws around this I'm a cop blah, blah, blah bs. She should be embarrassed. Doesn't she see she is making a fool of herself? If I were in your shoes I would try to be more assertive & not appear to be afraid of them, they are bullying you.

edited: Am I reading right that the pot smoking jerk was trespassing on your property when your dog barked or jumped on him? Do you have a camcorder maybe you can record their dog going nuts in the window when you walk by. Also maybe you can carry around a tape recorder so that when/if the neighbors start shooting off their mouths you can record it (Tell them you are recording them though.)

Donna

Hopes

Rough_Rock
Bullies, in and out of school, no matter the age, do have a lot in common... they have apparent authority, want to subjugate everyone that they think they can, and pick on those that are weaker or appear weaker. Once someone truly intimidating comes around they will cower and be the biggest wimps around. Disgusting individuals with ugly, horrible behavior, really.
29.gif
This woman is definitely a bully, and she is getting to you far too much, which is understandable given all that she has said and done.

You can't just slap yourself and get over it, but you need to start taking control of the situation. I think what other people said about going to the media is a good suggestion. It is an immediate and powerful way to take control. In the meantime, don't expose yourself to their malice. Stay at your boyfriend's or even your mom's, and be out of the reach of their crazy dog and their craziness in general. Gather evidence and records. Let the word out. Get your story published in the newspaper. Publicize. Take control, because if you don't, you'll just be another victim of this bully who deserves SO MUCH to be punished.

Don't forget to take care of yourself Mandarine. Just take out time for yourself, do things you enjoy like reading magazines, or walking (not around those people), and take your mind off these absolute *(@%&%&!s. I think it's so admirable that you haven't stooped to their level and in the beginning even cared so much for the dog's welfare. BUT it is time to think of yourself!! You are the most important person in your life, SCREW these crazy people and don't let them rule your life. Take control, and show them you won't just roll over for them and their bullying.

rjdodd

Shiny_Rock
I know you don''t need to hear this..
14.gif

If you do rent out your place, be sure to disclose that there is a dangerous dog next door. Which wouldn''t help your chances of renting it out. But if you don''t disclose and something happens to the renter there could be a liability issue for you.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweetie, I''m pretty sure 99% of us would be feeling the same exact way as you do right now -- seriously traumatized. Yes, please do seek out a therapist or psychiatrist to help you through this hellish time. If you''re having nightmares and relentless anxiety then you may even need the help of medication. Having the support of friends/family and avoiding the neighbors by moving away is a must...but I think that adding some professional care will really help you heal better. You''ve been through a serious trauma and no amount of slapping yourself in the face is going to help you recover. When I read your very first post, I thought, "This poor girl will be dealing with some PTSD." I''m not a professional but based on what you''re describing, please seek out professional help with your anxiety/fear and nightmares.

We''re here for you. {{hugs}}

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 1:34:18 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Sweetie, I''m pretty sure 99% of us would be feeling the same exact way as you do right now -- seriously traumatized. Yes, please do seek out a therapist or psychiatrist to help you through this hellish time. If you''re having nightmares and relentless anxiety then you may even need the help of medication. Having the support of friends/family and avoiding the neighbors by moving away is a must...but I think that adding some professional care will really help you heal better. You''ve been through a serious trauma and no amount of slapping yourself in the face is going to help you recover. When I read your very first post, I thought, ''This poor girl will be dealing with some PTSD.'' I''m not a professional but based on what you''re describing, please seek out professional help with your anxiety/fear and nightmares.

We''re here for you. {{hugs}}

I absolutely agree. Please go see someone to help you work through this.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
(((HUGS&HUGS&HUGS))) Your story just breaks my heart
15.gif
the way your neighbor is acting is unbelieveable and to think a woman like that is a police officer??? terrible
38.gif
Have you talked to the media? Not to stir things up but to get things changed faster!! Where im from a lady was killed by her neighbors rotts, and now to have a ''vicious'' breed of dog you have an automatic responsibility if your dog attacks someone, and the only way those laws came through was that it was a big media event when this happened because those same dogs had bitten other people.

I am so sorry I just wish I knew something to say but I know that fear and a sense of being wronged are hard things to deal with especially when you have to live next to a constant reminder. I cant say enough how many prayers and good thoughts I send out to you!!! I was bitten by a dog when I was little and before I even got to the hospital the owner was there paying for everything and apologizing profusely. I cant tell how much better I felt knowing that I wouldnt have to fight to get what a person who has been violated deserves when I think what it would be like to be in your situation it breaks my heart!!! I really hope things get better!!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 10:34:11 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

third of all... you have to understand that their lies and aggression are really DEFENSIVE tactics because they''re afraid you''re going to sue them. Not defending it - just explaining it. If they had nothing to lose here, they would have no reason to act like this. YOU are the one with the most power here, they''re just very deft
I agree, as others have said, that Cehrabehra has a very good point here. It''s been years since I was in litigation, but this sort of thing goes on all the time in these kinds of cases. The longer time goes on, the more both sides discuss and discuss and discuss what happened amongst themselves and their "allies," to the point that by the time the case rolls around, the two versions of the story bear little or no resemblance to each other. Both sides believe sincerely that they''re telling the truth because their memories have shifted from time and repeatedly reliving the experience.

Furthermore, the more one party feels backed into a corner--as these people clearly do, thinking their dog''s life is at stake--the worse it can get. I would not be at all surprised if they show up at court and claim that you attacked the dog and he was just defending himself. And honestly believe that''s what happened.

This is normal, unfortunately. It''s not about you. The best thing you can do, as your lawyer said, is to have as little contact with these people as possible and concentrate on getting better. I do agree that some therapy would be helpful here.

My sense is that their story is getting more and more far-fetched, and unless you get a complete idiot as a judge, s/he is going to see through it. Also, a lot of what she presented at that meeting (the videotape, the "witness" letter, your dog''s issues), as you noted, is simply irrelevant to your case and therefore inadmissible at the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results