shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher ring - cold feet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 11:37:39 PM
Author: kaleigh
Can you give me the measurements of the stone?? I can call Jon to get them if you don''t mind. I only had to give Pete the exact measurements to get a quote. I''m sure I can work this out for you. You don''t have to go with him. But I need to clear this up in my own head. Just seems off to me.
33.gif
You''re sure you want to tackle this, kaleigh????

The measurements:

7.38 x 7.41 x 4.96mm

If you need more info, let me know. If you change your mind, I''ll understand.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy....You''re the best at finding great photos!!!

I''m still hoping for traps and baguettes, so at this point microset pave is not an option. Notice I said " at this point". Who knows what I''ll settle for? Correction: I''m not settling!!!!
38.gif

The CAD''s from Mark would be great!!!! Thanks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 11:48:14 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 5/26/2006 11:37:39 PM
Can you give me the measurements of the stone?? I can call Jon to get them if you don''t mind. I only had to give Pete the exact measurements to get a quote. I''m sure I can work this out for you. You don''t have to go with him. But I need to clear this up in my own head. Just seems off to me.
33.gif
You''re sure you want to tackle this, kaleigh????

The measurements:

7.38 x 7.41 x 4.96mm

If you need more info, let me know. If you change your mind, I''ll understand.
Of course I do, otherwise I wouldn''t have offered. I wrote down the measuremets and will call on Tuesday. I will let you know what he says.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t want to highjack your post so I posted them separately in a new thread. Keep in mind I want a VERY delicate look.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 11:33:45 PM
Author: Gypsy
Okay here''s the last of my hard drive pics. I HAVE NO IDEA where I got these... so if they are designer settings... I don''t know it (was shocked the other one was Daniel K-- who knew???)

Hmm I thought it was? Here''s the pic off the Daniel K website. Maybe I got confused somewhere along the way cos there''s been a fair bit of awesome photoshop magic done in the other thread!

SP32-20060527-194532.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
JadeLeaves...The halo part looks similar to the design I''d like, but there''s enough of a difference between the designs that I don''t think I''d get in trouble using the Gypsy and Irina''s creation.
36.gif
I''m not sure... and the picture doesn''t want to be uploaded. I''ll have to modify the description and try again.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
There we go.... Too similar???? I can see a few differences
9.gif

Gypsy  Irina.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2006 11:19:23 AM
9.gif

I like that one a lot.
wifey2b says her vote is the 1922 replica.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 1:26:47 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 5/27/2006 11:19:23 AM
9.gif

I like that one a lot.
wifey2b says her vote is the 1922 replica.
I''m really happy that wifey2b is offering her valued opinion to yours, Storm.
36.gif
With a larger diamond and/or a smaller finger, I''d be all over that Cartier replica too.
9.gif

To tell you the truth, this morning I''m so bummed out about the whole project, that I''m almost willing to throw in the towel. Please note, the word *almost* is still there.

Everything so far has been such a hassle even with all the help everyone is giving. It seems to be 2 tiny steps forward and a giant leap back.

I''m seeing the problems that Gypsy is going through with her halo design and wondering whether I''m up for the challenge of that as well...
14.gif

Sorry to be on such a downer today- and I haven''t even had root canal work that I could blame for my mood. I must need a swift kick in the butt ( borrowed from my deceased mother''s vocabulary and often provided for almost any occasion. One of those things she said that I swore I''d never say myself!!)

Ok, everything in perspective here: it'' s a just a RING!!!! GET A GRIP!!! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!!!!

Childbirth seems much easier at this point.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
isaku,
You should read some of my old threads on my asscher. I had a horrible time with the first jeweler and was almost ready to throw in the towel as well. I know all of this can be a huge PITA. BUT so worth it in the long run. You have picked an awesome stone. The setting is the hard part. But can be a lot of fun as well. Big hugs sweetie and cheer up!!!
1.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 11:12:52 AM
isaku,
You should read some of my old threads on my asscher. I had a horrible time with the first jeweler and was almost ready to throw in the towel as well. I know all of this can be a huge PITA. BUT so worth it in the long run. You have picked an awesome stone. The setting is the hard part. But can be a lot of fun as well. Big hugs sweetie and cheer up!!!
1.gif
Thanks, kaleigh. I will go back and have a peek at those old threads. Maybe I''ll learn not to be such a whiner.....

And I thought that actually finding the great asscher and a picture of a great setting was the hard part! My lack of patience as always is getting in the way yet again.

May I ask how long it took you from searching the asscher to wearing that beautiful ring????

That info might put a ''real timeline'' into perspective for me.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 11:41:30 AM

isaku,
1.gif
Thanks, kaleigh. I will go back and have a peek at those old threads. Maybe I''ll learn not to be such a whiner.....

And I thought that actually finding the great asscher and a picture of a great setting was the hard part! My lack of patience as always is getting in the way yet again.

May I ask how long it took you from searching the asscher to wearing that beautiful ring????

That info might put a ''real timeline'' into perspective for me.
Ok I bought the asscher took it to a high end jewelry store, talked with the bench jeweler about what I wanted. He said piece of cake. They had my stone for almost 2 months while they worked on the cad images. Now get this, I get the cad images and it was of the WRONG design. I nearly had a stroke. I said listen I have waited way longer than any sane person. I want my stone back and that''s when I found Quest. I talked to Pete told him all that I had been through. Got the cad images very quickly and got the ring quickly. Can''t recall how long think it was 4 weeks???

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, kaleigh. Two months and the wrong design, OMG!

I hope Pete can *save the day*. It''s been only one month to find the asscher and the ring design....so far.

DH took me out for brunch and that lightened my mood considerably. He''s not used to me in *bad mood mode* and suggested brunch and a couple of glasses of white would alter my outlook. It worked!!!!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku.... to be fair, if I had just listened to Kaleigh (which believe me I am going to do) and stayed loyal to Quest... I wouldn''t be having this problem. Pete was very quick to understand the delicate thing... Mark-- not so much apparently. So... I''ve been putting myself throuh this for no good reason. I just-- I thought it was too easy. Call Quest and it''s all settled. So I thought I''d look around. SO... after the CADs with ERD-- third set. And no qoute though I keep asking for one... I''m a bit fed up.

Will be sending this puppy into Quest. Just as soon as my knee heals and I''m sure I won''t need surgury or anything.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy...I hear you loud and clear. I should listen to kaleigh and have Quest do the setting. Thanks.
36.gif

What''s this about your knee??? Surgery?? Did I miss something important while I was caught up in my own grumpiness????
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a thread in Hangout. Gypsy fell on her first day of work, and injured her knee, poor thing. You can read the rest there....
15.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 4:45:58 PM
There is a thread in Hangout. Gypsy fell on her first day of work, and injured her knee, poor thing. You can read the rest there....
15.gif
Thanks, kaleigh. I''ll read up on it there.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I FOUND IT. My favorite all time ring setting for an large asscher. It's a cartier, too, but the asscher is smaller than the other and it's a rarer setting... also not protected anymore as its old.

Kiki Ring.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

That''s a great picture for a huge asscher - 3c.+???
9.gif

Do you think the one you initially chose and Irina Photoshopped is too similar to the Daniel K setting to be used???? I think it must be at least 20% different, don''t you??? ( I beg with a hopeful voice).
33.gif

The pic you just posted is very similar to the design of my e-ring- princess with side trillions.

By the way, how''s your knee?????
35.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
isaku,
1.gif
Kaleigh...I just read through your entire asscher ordeal with the "benchman" You were sooooo patient with him. I would have said *adios* to him long before you did.
11.gif

As Jonathan says, you''re a very special lady.
36.gif

I''l so glad that Pete was able to create your design and in a reasonable time frame too
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 5:03:41 PM

isaku,
1.gif
Kaleigh...I just read through your entire asscher ordeal with the ''benchman'' You were sooooo patient with him. I would have said *adios* to him long before you did.
11.gif

As Jonathan says, you''re a very special lady.
36.gif

I''l so glad that Pete was able to create your design and in a reasonable time frame too
9.gif
You did, man are you patient, that was a long drawn out saga.
20.gif
But one with a very happy ending.
36.gif
I will be happy to call Pete for you tomorrow if you still want me to. It''s my pleasure to do so.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO it's not too similar. The halos are similar... BUT many designers use that same halo. The rest of the ring-- that is completely different. I think it's at LEAST 50% different. No worries in my opinion.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, kaleigh, I would appreciate you giving Pete a call. I certainly don''t want to go through a similar ordeal to yours.
38.gif

I have learned so much from others'' experiences on PS; I can''t tell you how much I appreciate all of your help.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 6:00:25 PM
Thanks, kaleigh, I would appreciate you giving Pete a call. I certainly don''t want to go through a similar ordeal to yours.
38.gif

I have learned so much from others'' experiences on PS; I can''t tell you how much I appreciate all of your help.
36.gif
I''ll call him tomorrow, and will let you know what he says. Besides the fluor anything else you want me to ask him??
2.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Whew, Gypsy; big sigh of relief here. If I can just get a reasonable price on the setting, I''ll be in "asscher heaven".
3.gif

Did anyone notice the new avatar? What do you think? Am I jinxing the project before it''s officially a done deal?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Yes, kaleigh. Please ask if he REALLY needs the diamond to provide an estimate? Thanks.

I have already sent him a picture and the measurements (the entire sarin report), but if he needs more info, I''ll be happy to provide it.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I just read this thread and I have to say what a beautiful asscher you picked! I love love love love love it! Some of them can be duds but that one''s a real winner. Congrats on the stone and good luck with the setting!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 6:17:12 PM
Author: diamondsrock
I just read this thread and I have to say what a beautiful asscher you picked! I love love love love love it! Some of them can be duds but that one''s a real winner. Congrats on the stone and good luck with the setting!
Thanks, diamondsrock.

Believe me it was a team effort!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 6:06:55 PM

Did anyone notice the new avatar? What do you think? Am I jinxing the project before it''s officially a done deal?
noticed it
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 6:31:36 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 5/29/2006 6:06:55 PM

noticed it
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
Thanks, storm.

You have been a very valued member of the asscher choosing team; in fact, you were the one that brought the 2.26 to my attention in the first place.

I''m taking, as you called it, a leap of trust with this one, and think my trust is well placed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results