shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher From GemConcepts : code name Mildred

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aghh :love::love: Mildred is next level perfection.... One of a kind beauty.

Honey sends her love to sweet Puff too!!! Haha that sounds just like Honey bird when she was that age, try to keep a routine with him and make sure you let him know it hurts when he bites! When Honey attacked I used to scream, put Honey back in her cage and totally ignore her for hours.

I just got back from a long trip and the first thing she said when I called her was "kisses! kisses! sweet girl! kisses!" :lol-2::kiss2:
Aw
They really are amazing animals.
I got Puff a travel cage for his first vet visit next month and took him outside in it yesterday.
First time he has been in the sun since four years ago when we found him (on the roof). He was not happy to be outside! Lol

Lily Pad

Rough_Rock
Premium
Aw
They really are amazing animals.
I got Puff a travel cage for his first vet visit next month and took him outside in it yesterday.
First time he has been in the sun since four years ago when we found him (on the roof). He was not happy to be outside! Lol

Amazing, incredibly intelligent animals :kiss2:
Oh nooo, poor sweet Puff! I am wishing him lots of hopeful calm vibes during his appointment :lol-2:
Honey bird cries when she's at the vet, literally cries while they cut her nails!
It is an amazing thing that you found and took Puff in. He is one lucky bird!!!... <3 <3

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Jimmianne,
Continued from the other thread https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ess-or-about-right.240562/page-3#post-4337500

Jimmianne wrote: "I do want to share
Of course.

I bought an aset scope which I find challenging so I would love to see the expert aset posted hereI
By the way, my asscher is not just a pretty face, it’s an interestingdiamond that continues to delight, so thank you once again.

Do you ever take photos of a rough before cutting is started? Would that I had a photo of the rough! But I will certainly be content to see the ASET.
"

Thank you Jimmianne for your kind words, I fully agree it's not just a pretty face (the Aset images will reflect this). Its face up Aset view (top left) shows another side to the “reflector technology” story, or at least the stories we are used to seeing and reading about. I am reminding that I have not checked the Aset until a couple of days ago, this and the smaller Asschers were designed and cut taking mine and my clients tastes of how Vintage Asschers should look and appear into consideration.

Opposed to the Octavia (or other LP signature cuts we offer) when every Aset will look practically the same or very close, these vintage cuts will vary in their appearances as vintage cuts did naturally in the past.

First, I want to differentiate between Matthews1127’s quarter carat vintage style Asscher Cuts and Jimmianne’s two carat Asscher Cut, obviously the precision levels are not equal for two main reasons, 1) economic factors (it will take about the same time to cut a ¼ carat as a 2 carat to achieve these precision levels) 2) most <1.00ct and also some larger sizes are specially requested by clients to mimic vintage appearances, such high precision levels were not abundant during the old days which is why some of our offerings are purposely cut to non-precision pattern designs.

Back to Jimmianne’s two carat Asscher Cut, firstly and very evident in these four Aset images is they reflect the Diamond’s 3D optical precision level of tightness.

In its face-up position, it's fairly easy to identify accurate “foursome patterns” of each color and virtual facet shape (e.g. north-east-south-west of the “eight-fold” facet symmetry design [4 main & corners] match extremely close to each other) shown in the Aset.

Secondly, one can clearly notice the “hall of mirrors” optical effect which is caused by the unique facet placements and 3D proportions of the cut, a sought after pattern the old Art-Deco step-cut designs were famous for.

Finally, here are the Aset results for Jimmianne’s two carat Vintage Asscher Cut. Starting from the face-up position (top row - left) and tilting their way at 5 degree intervals (e.g. face-up - 5 - 10 - 15 degree tilts.)

Each tilt interval shows a different story, not necessarily the “red-red-red” everyone is after, (was it Garry that showed once a Carre which displayed ALL RED which translated to practically “nothing”?) but an interesting mix of light intensities and contrasts which are so very important to the play-of-light potential Diamonds can display.

There is a lot more to write but unfortunately my time is short but I will do my best to discuss further.

2.14 ct Aset.png

Hope you enjoy...

ETA, I am sorry Jimmianne, I might have a picture of the rough somewhere in the database but will need to locate it. If I run into them I promise to post. Y

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jimmianne,

2.14 ct Aset.png

Hope you enjoy...

ETA, I am sorry Jimmianne, I might have a picture of the rough somewhere in the database but will need to locate it. If I run into them I promise to post. Y

Thank you. These images are great to have, and I appreciate your taking the time to post the Aset.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, @Jimmianne - did you see Yoram's recent videos of his Asschers?

Is this what you are seeing?? (Not that I'm jealous ;-) lol)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl78_1SFaxQ/?taken-by=gemconcepts

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl97LebgWZv/?taken-by=gemconcepts

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl8xd0NDagi/?taken-by=gemconcepts

Or is it even better in real life?!
Hm...here is a little video from the cheese section last month. I think I would say this is a fair representaion of one way it looks.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm...here is a little video from the cheese section last month. I think I would say this is a fair representaion of one way it looks.
Lovely :))

I would honestly be running people over down every aisle due to being distracted then crashing the car on the way home :lol: lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just enjoying Mildred and Joy. It has been a while since I took any photos. Discovered it’s a good way to fall in love all over again.

D7C33F0C-451C-46CC-9A2A-20B98851B464.jpeg

All I can say is W:kiss2:W. Truly beautiful and special. Lucky girl to have such beautiful pieces.:love::love::love: You deserve them @Jimmianne!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both SOOO gorgeous Jimmianne! And that video of Mildred...I'm speechless!!! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just enjoying Mildred and Joy. It has been a while since I took any photos. Discovered it’s a good way to fall in love all over again.

D7C33F0C-451C-46CC-9A2A-20B98851B464.jpeg

I am super jealous. ("and that's all I have to say 'bout that"..a la Forrest Gump):mrgreen::cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, you crack me up. They are photogenic ladies, but in person, I think I am the only one who notices them. Think bigger Ms.Gump! Lol and I will too Lol

And
Thank you June. Very kind.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New avatar, Jimmianne? It looks super-fire-y! :))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne
Mildred is UNBELIEVABLE. I can’t believe you get to look at her everyday. Amazing...

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I am just now seeing Mildred and WOW. She is so lively and prismatic!!! Have you seen @ForteKitty ‘s new Asscher halo on instagram? Setting inspiration, maybe? Mildred looks amazing on her own, but can you imagine a halo of french cut sapphires? Drool....

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful stone! The pattern is so captivating!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is there a two-for-one price on the sparkly cheese this week??? If so, I definitely want some of that with my crackers!!!
Wow!!! What a stone!!! It's so dynamic!!! I love your video!!! Isn't it amazing the places our diamonds look their best?!? :razz:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a two-for-one price on the sparkly cheese this week??? If so, I definitely want some of that with my crackers!!!
Wow!!! What a stone!!! It's so dynamic!!! I love your video!!! Isn't it amazing the places our diamonds look their best?!? :razz:
I totally love your emerald cut!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just now seeing Mildred and WOW. She is so lively and prismatic!!! Have you seen @ForteKitty ‘s new Asscher halo on instagram? Setting inspiration, maybe? Mildred looks amazing on her own, but can you imagine a halo of french cut sapphires? Drool....
Sadly I have not been able to access it yet. Can’t wait to see it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just adding to my thread this morning for fun. I still haven’t found a forever setting, but am tending toward rustic & textured to counter the precision of the cut. I do know I want a really ancient-looking worn setting. Meanwhile started roughing up the temporary setting with files and dremel and like the contrast. Every so often I take away a little more of the temp setting, which was so chunky at the start.

D7B3D693-C275-4B7D-AD72-AAFA5E3128E9.jpeg

E1DB9323-490B-4EB8-AEF0-ED07544DFE07.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't slip with the dremel!!! :eek2: :shock:

I do love the videos :)

It has such a different look to a lot of asschers - it seems to be less bright overall, but have a much more visually interesting facet patterning and performance, and as @Matthews1127 videos have also shown, LOADS of fire compared to 'normal' asschers!

Would you say that's a fair assessment??

(And have you tried it in a room lit only by candles yet, to see how the vintage cut performs in vintage lighting? lol)

I am so far off owning a Yoram asscher or an Octavia :( but I can dream... :D lol

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just adding to my thread this morning for fun. I still haven’t found a forever setting, but am tending toward rustic & textured to counter the precision of the cut. I do know I want a really ancient-looking worn setting. Meanwhile started roughing up the temporary setting with files and dremel and like the contrast. Every so often I take away a little more of the temp setting, which was so chunky at the start.

D7B3D693-C275-4B7D-AD72-AAFA5E3128E9.jpeg

E1DB9323-490B-4EB8-AEF0-ED07544DFE07.jpeg

Love this. It's romantic, rustic and remarkable.:love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the textured look you've added. And you have the BEST videos!
Thanks, Krisking for the support. I thought I might be doing something weird to my poor setting. Then I found some vendors on
Etsy selling similar looking bands, so with your blessing and that discovery I figure it’s ok to deconstruct a perfectly
good setting : )

Omg., I didn’t think of the dremel slipping!
I tried some “candle light experiments” oohS, and the jury is still out. I think I need a darker room and more candles : )

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
"No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess." -Isaac Newton

I've always loved your Stuller. I think the width of the band and double prongs are quite complimentary to your asscher.

Cheers to experimentation! And you can also add texture with steel wool or a scrubbing pad, a la @Niel, without the risk of dremel slippage!

Looking forward to more pictures :D

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results