shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher From GemConcepts : code name Mildred

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how they do This to diamonds - WWW ...
Yes, I would love to see Yoram’s set up. I tried to at least *slightly* duplicate out of curiosity and am assuming?? he uses a black photo box with glass on the bottom and perhaps a pinpoint light source? It takes very little light to illuminate the stone to break up white light into colors. It’s his special magic, all of it <3
:love::clap:

Attachments

• C7759E86-1218-4721-89A0-836CC095C993.jpeg
    C7759E86-1218-4721-89A0-836CC095C993.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 46

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is one more under can lights, with my lovely parrot screaming in the background. If you are fortunate there will be no audio

THUD!:love::love::love:

Be still my beating heart OMG Jimmianne! So gorgeous!!!!!! And big hugs and kisses to Puffy boy too please. He knows a gorgeous diamond when he sees it.:appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha. Could you hear him?
He was yelling
Send me to Missy!!!
Disclaimer...he is sitting on the back of my chair watching me type, so all I will say here is
What a Good Boy He Is
:liar:
Hopefully he does not « read » emojis

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha. Could you hear him?
He was yelling
Send me to Missy!!!
Disclaimer...he is sitting on the back of my chair watching me type, so all I will say here is
What a Good Boy He Is
:liar:
Hopefully he does not « read » emojis

Awww stop teasing me...you know how badly I want to see my Puffy boy and give him the biggest hugs and kisses and introduce him finally to his furry kitty cousins. They are sitting right here next to me licking their chops looking at his photo hmmmm. See how excited they are to meet him? :bigsmile:
(Don't worry you know I will guard him with my life!!!)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Figured it out! These are both indoor/daylight. I took these before Christmas and now have the bug to experiment with varous other lighting situations.

Here is one more under can lights, with my lovely parrot screaming in the background. If you are fortunate there will be no audio

Great... Now how am I going to get any work done?!?

:lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A show stopping stone and setting. Great taste Jimmianne in the setting it really 'rocks'.. :love::love::love::love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, guys. It’s fun to share my great appreciation for the way Yoram’s mind works.
And also, thanks for the thumbs up on the setting!

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I would love to see Yoram’s set up.

You must have noticed the explanatory Instagrams, telling of 'shots in the dark', then, adding light ...

Perhaps I see 'movement' (play of light) in these very glittery shots - as the author intended (@diagem writes: "[the] three dimensional sculpture effect plays the visual role instead of the play-of-light") - they also remind me of the ETAS, sure enough (these are ETAS caught in a 3D projection that might as well have meaning - if I could make sense at this hour ! @Serg )

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would seem that Yoram the architect sees them as sculptures.
His gorgeous photos show them structurally while in person you see the performance that results from the perfection of the structure.
It makes me happy every day that Yoram chose to pursue his ideas and turn them into form.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have to come back to this thread to say that I ACHE for this cut - I know we should not want or need worldly goods to make us happy, but it's so beautiful and intriguing!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have to come back to this thread to say that I ACHE for this cut - I know we should not want or need worldly goods to make us happy, but it's so beautiful and intriguing!!

Haha @OoohShiny I am with you! @Jimmianne's newest addition is TDF GORGEOUS. :love:

And who says we don't need worldly goods to make us happy? :shhh:
Heck yeah, we need bling to make us happy :P2 or at least bring us some joy that contributes to us being happy.:kiss: Hey, it is easier to be happy with bling than happy without bling.:devil: Just saying.:whistle:

But seriously, no, of course you are right. True happiness comes from within but on a bling forum we can be happy sharing all our bling with everyone here and I say to that end...bling it on. :appl:
Pretty please.:halo:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny, I love culets. But seriously, for you, in person the culet is not visable, maybe a tiny bit if you know what to look for it is a micro pinpoint...but we are for the louped diamond, yes? The closeup is what I always like to see.

I would certainly like to see an Octavia in person and compare the two cuts.
So if you go for the Octavia someday, we will have to have a get together.
Perhaps also we could convince Yoram to have a trunk show in the USA [if that is where you are?] and bring all his cuts.

If this actually happens, I’d love an invite!! I LOVE Yoram’s diamonds, and I’m totally IN LOVE with my Vintage Asschers that Yoram picked for me! A Yoram Diamond Trunk Show would be at the top of my bucket list!!! :eek2:

Lily Pad

Rough_Rock
Premium
Good god it's glorious, that high crown is amazing...... It's perfection. :love::love:
I have a parrot too :roll2: 12 year old African Grey, she squawks when I'm in the room and don't let her out :wall:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good god it's glorious, that high crown is amazing...... It's perfection. :love::love:
I have a parrot too :roll2: 12 year old African Grey, she squawks when I'm in the room and don't let her out :wall:
Thank you! I take credit for everything except finding the rough, designing the cut and cutting it...and mailing it to me :lol-2:

Oh, parrots! Aren’t they such a pain and so loveable?
My petsitter gave me mine after he found it on his roof. He said either I adopted Puff, or the vet would, and was going to put him in a cage in her waiting room. The bird was already stressed out, so obviously I had no choice.
Last month it took me a couple a days to realize that the smoke alarm needed a new battery, since Puff mimics the alarm all day, every day . (((Sigh))) : )
What is your parrot’s name. Does she talk a lot?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The perfect fun&bling storm...Yoram in NYC with his diamonds in a trunk show near Queen Bea!

Ummm yes please! Queen Bea wants to see Queen Joy again and please bring Sir Puffy boy too.:love::love::love:

:bigsmile:

Lily Pad

Rough_Rock
Premium
You get major credit for being the owner of such a beautiful rock :P2

Oh that's amazing that you kept him!!! Do you know what species of parrot he is? Don't you just love when they mimic noises? Smoke alarm, telephone ringing, most recently my housekeeper's very loud sneezing... I've had police at my house so many times thanks to her very accurate mimic of glass breaking, which sets off my house alarm. :confused2:
Her name is Honey :) she LOVES talking and arguing with me haha.

Is Puff tame? I heard somewhere that males are a lot easier to deal with than females... Honey was a nightmare when she was 4-6 years old, she was territorial and kept "bluffing" (when they pretend to want to be pet and then attack!)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You get major credit for being the owner of such a beautiful rock :P2

Oh that's amazing that you kept him!!! Do you know what species of parrot he is? Don't you just love when they mimic noises? Smoke alarm, telephone ringing, most recently my housekeeper's very loud sneezing... I've had police at my house so many times thanks to her very accurate mimic of glass breaking, which sets off my house alarm. :confused2:
Her name is Honey :) she LOVES talking and arguing with me haha.

Is Puff tame? I heard somewhere that males are a lot easier to deal with than females... Honey was a nightmare when she was 4-6 years old, she was territorial and kept "bluffing" (when they pretend to want to be pet and then attack!)
Sorry I just saw this! He's a Quaker
From what you are telling me, my he may be a she.
He is loving with sudden unprovoked biting. Right now he is in his cage which I haven't opened for the day, so he is going through his repertoire to get attention...song from fiddler in the roof, smoke alarm, hello???? , and wolf whistle.

I actually came back to this thread to post a couple of photos of Mildred I took yesterday and glad I did.
I love to hear from other bird owners.
Puff sends his love to Honey!

IMG_5446.JPG
IMG_5451.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, I love the youtube video of your Octavia.
It’s so beautiful. That goes without saying. Have you gotten used to it? Old hat and all that?
actually I imagine the video does not do it justice.
So if you could please just send it to me to see in peson, I would be most appreciative.

The specs on my asscher:
2.14 ( 7.2x7.2)
G/VS1
Ex/Ex
Strong fl.
Large culet
Beautiful ring!..:love:
Your stone came with a lab report from GIA?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DF :wavey:
Yes, GIA
Ok thanks, so the stone was graded by GIA in Israel? are you in the U.S.? did you have to pay any import tax?. It was shipped Fed X to your door?

Lily Pad

Rough_Rock
Premium
Aghh :love::love: Mildred is next level perfection.... One of a kind beauty.

Honey sends her love to sweet Puff too!!! Haha that sounds just like Honey bird when she was that age, try to keep a routine with him and make sure you let him know it hurts when he bites! When Honey attacked I used to scream, put Honey back in her cage and totally ignore her for hours.

I just got back from a long trip and the first thing she said when I called her was "kisses! kisses! sweet girl! kisses!" :lol-2::kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results