shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher From GemConcepts : code name Mildred

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm late to the party, but man, Mildred is stunning and I quite like the setting too! And she looks awesome with all of your bands! Congrats!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yennyfire, I quite like yours as well!
I cleaned it just now with the steamer and started taking photos. When it’s clean it’s amazing. Sometimes I will look at it and think I must be getting used to it because it just looks “nice”, then I steam it and wow.
Asschers are hard to keep clean enough for wow.

FD39FD78-1878-4870-BC7F-9FBB697FAFFD.jpeg 524BD80A-8E41-48D4-B796-7D0916A20983.jpeg C3098123-1FBA-493E-93BD-B519FC841C45.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just... amazing.... and excellent pics!!

If you need someone to Will it to in the future, I am willing to bear that burden ;-)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Wow!!! :love: Somehow I missed this thread but I had to tell you how gorgeous your asscher is. This is the asscher that all other asschers wish they could be. The sparkle is intense! I also love the florescent pics. My new goal (as of 60 seconds ago) is to have a fluorescent diamond. The color play is so interesting. :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OHHHHHHHHH gorgeousness! I hope the snow lasts for ages so you take loads more pictures :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OooShiny, What a great way to balance your karma! I think it will work!

Elle, what’s been fun for me is to go through my jewelry box with a UV flashlight to see what glows. I’ve gotten some surprises.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Jimmianne, huge, huge congrats too!!! Absolutely amazingly breathtaking, love your setting too! What better program than to stay indoors looking at your hand all day long?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne Yep! That ring is just Wow! Loving the new pics. And I personally love the temp setting. It just allows the stone shine and doesn't distract from it. Nice and sturdy too, which I appreciate. Enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the new photos!:love: Mildred cannot take a bad pic...you go girl!:love:

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Just wow.

Can I ask where you got your temp setting? I really like the like the wider band and the double prongs.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Volvoqueen, thanks!
it’s a Stuller setting. My OEC is in a Stuller as well and I’m pleased with both styles.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my search for the right band I found a seller on etsy who makes nice and very inexpensive bands for experimenting. I had been wearing Mildred with my beloved old tiffany band to keep her from spinning, but the band was too wide. Tena at ForeverandAlways made me a vintage look band that is a mm narrower.
Old
0E6B14CB-B1C5-48B8-AC32-A8F0F4DEAF67.jpeg
New
4A728184-5714-4329-9C30-18D869F75FFE.jpeg D7B3D693-C275-4B7D-AD72-AAFA5E3128E9.jpeg

No extra charge for the « giant photos » LOL

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love how it looks good from seemingly every angle!

And I have to admit that I'm not usually a big fan of culets, but this cut seems to be so balanced across the stone that it just forms part of the patterning and adds to the flavour :)

I don't have any money right now :lol: but your pictures have me seriously wavering between an Octavia and a Yoram asscher on my Fantasy Lottery Win shopping list... lol

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny, I love culets. But seriously, for you, in person the culet is not visable, maybe a tiny bit if you know what to look for it is a micro pinpoint...but we are for the louped diamond, yes? The closeup is what I always like to see.

I would certainly like to see an Octavia in person and compare the two cuts.
So if you go for the Octavia someday, we will have to have a get together.
Perhaps also we could convince Yoram to have a trunk show in the USA [if that is where you are?] and bring all his cuts.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne -

LOVE the new band with Mildred! A gorgeous combo, Jimmianne! Congratulations on such a lovely overall 'look'. Beautiful!

But - ok girl, time to talk turkey! What are you thinking about re a permanent setting?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny, I love culets. But seriously, for you, in person the culet is not visable, maybe a tiny bit if you know what to look for it is a micro pinpoint...but we are for the louped diamond, yes? The closeup is what I always like to see.

I would certainly like to see an Octavia in person and compare the two cuts.
So if you go for the Octavia someday, we will have to have a get together.
Perhaps also we could convince Yoram to have a trunk show in the USA [if that is where you are?] and bring all his cuts.
Thanks for the feedback! :)

I am on the other side of the pond, I'm afraid, so if you're ever over in the UK, you'll have to let me know :)

Because I am a paranoid weirdo ;-) I regret that the USA is off my 'places to visit' list - I don't want to have to go through facial recognition and all that nonsense just to get into the country!* lol

*I'm aware that apparently you don't have to submit to eyeball scanning and fingerprint collection, but I avoid anywhere that is using facial recognition and all that jazz - it seems that even ATMs and mobile phone apps and call centres are using facial and voice recognition for 'security' for things like banking now, which is completely over the top IMHO! But anyway, the Big Brother, biometric data-harvesting thing is a whole other rant... :D lol

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D7B3D693-C275-4B7D-AD72-AAFA5E3128E9.jpeg

No extra charge for the « giant photos » LOL
Oh they could be bigger and we would not mind. That’s a lovely band she made you - it goes beautifully with Mildred. I have to comment on her crown too tho. That’s a sky scraper or a mountain or something similarly high and peaky! Wow!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously cannot stop coming back to this thread to look at the pictures - I'm almost embarrassed, I feel like I'm stalking... LOL

Any chance of some video in different lights?!? :razz:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny, I did make a video in December, but don’t know how to post here, but I will work on it and if I succeed I’ll make more videos. I think perhaps I have to post them to youtube and make a link here.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming in here to look again and again. Such a beautiful stone!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I really want to know how it compares to an Octavia too!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne your baby cannot take a bad pic. I think this may be the first stone I’ve ever seen come with it’s own backlighting. :shock::mrgreen2::lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results