shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Art Deco Inspired Opal Pendant

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh - I am ALL about it as a brooch!! Oh MAN! Love it, @Catmom!! And it's STUNNING on black!

And - got it, re the chains. I agree, the dbty chain is more in keeping with its feel.

So now you only need one more....FOR EARRINGS!!

(...ok, that would be a bit much, even for me....)

I think this is the prettiest brooch on PS. Just beautiful. <3

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh - I am ALL about it as a brooch!! Oh MAN! Love it, @Catmom!! And it's STUNNING on black!

And - got it, re the chains. I agree, the dbty chain is more in keeping with its feel.

So now you only need one more....FOR EARRINGS!!

(...ok, that would be a bit much, even for me....)

I think this is the prettiest brooch on PS. Just beautiful. <3

That's so kind of you to say! I have a feeling its going to be worn much more as a brooch than as a pendant. :D I wouldn't rule out some dangle earrings in the future........................:P2

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much missy! I am wearing it as a brooch today.

DSC_0545[1].jpg
DSC_0548[1].jpg

Gorgeous! Now you just need to affix that to a tiara and you are all set for the royal wedding this weekend! :appl: I love it as a brooch. And it is so striking against the black!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! That is one of the most magnificent pendants I have ever seen!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Now you just need to affix that to a tiara and you are all set for the royal wedding this weekend! :appl: I love it as a brooch. And it is so striking against the black!

LOL, oh wait......a tiarra............hmm................

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous pendant/brooch!! You have the most amazing pieces and this is a worthy member of your already gorgeous collection!
Enjoy wearing it! It looks so beautiful on you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous pendant/brooch!! You have the most amazing pieces and this is a worthy member of your already gorgeous collection!
Enjoy wearing it! It looks so beautiful on you.

Thank you so much Acinom! I'm really happy with how it turned out. I had a vision of it with an opal that matched my ring so when that didn't happen and we went with this one I was a little anxious as to how it would look.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, it finally stopped raining for a few minutes and the sun sorta came out!

DSC_0570[1].jpg

DSC_0553[1].jpg

DSC_0552[1].jpg

DSC_0557[1].jpg

DSC_0568[1].jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the dual purpose setting! That opal is to die for!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the dual purpose setting! That opal is to die for!!!
Thank you! I don't know why it is so hard to capture the red in the stone. You can see it with the naked eye but rarely in photos.

DSC_0577[1].jpg

DSC_0575[1].jpg

IMG_3499[1].jpg

IMG_3504[1].jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blurry but more true to color....

IMG_3503[1].jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!!! You have a beautiful collection - I would love to play in your jewelry box!!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous, Michelle!!!:love: I adore art deco and the opal is fabulous! Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!!! You have a beautiful collection - I would love to play in your jewelry box!!! :love:

Aww thanks ac117!!! Come on over, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous, Michelle!!!:love: I adore art deco and the opal is fabulous! Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

Thank you so much diamondseeker2006! I adore art deco too. There's just something about the detail work that appeals to me. Black opals were just being discovered during the art deco period and there are so many gorgeous deco opal pieces.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Breathtaking!!!! Mind boggling beautiful!:love:

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom, I am in love with your pendant/broach! It is fabulous! The picture on your black sweater is amazing. I think you need to wear black every single day for the next few weeks so you can show off that beauty. It literally jumps off the black. Another wonderful piece for your collection!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom, I am in love with your pendant/broach! It is fabulous! The picture on your black sweater is amazing. I think you need to wear black every single day for the next few weeks so you can show off that beauty. It literally jumps off the black. Another wonderful piece for your collection!
Thanks so much luv2sparkle! I may have to go buy more black, lol.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable! Like everything about it, the setting, the stone, everything!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable! Like everything about it, the setting, the stone, everything!

Thank you Arkteia. I'll have to take a pic of the pin mechanism. It's so different from anything I've seen before.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it as a pendant and a brooch! Really beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it's so unique and beautiful. It also looks great on you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here is the photo of the pin mechanism. As you can see it has the double pin but unlike the ones I am familiar with it doesn't have the double "butterfly" locking piece at the bottom. I can understand the thinking on why she did it this way. The opal would be blocked the other way. But this way it doesn't lock and this morning I was wearing it as a pendant and leaning down cleaning cat boxes [my jewelry all has to pass the cleaning cat boxes test, lol] when it flipped over. Apparently I had squeezed one of the pins away from the little matching claw and the chain had come off of that pin. It was dangling by one! Now I am totally paranoid of wearing this as a pendant until it gets a make over. Goodness can you imagine if it falls totally off and the stone smashes into smithereens? My heart can't take that lol. Since it works well as a brooch I'm thinking I will have her do something different for the chain to go through. Something solid but I don't want it to show when wearing it as a brooch. Any ideas?

IMG_3514[1].jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here is the photo of the pin mechanism. As you can see it has the double pin but unlike the ones I am familiar with it doesn't have the double "butterfly" locking piece at the bottom. I can understand the thinking on why she did it this way. The opal would be blocked the other way. But this way it doesn't lock and this morning I was wearing it as a pendant and leaning down cleaning cat boxes [my jewelry all has to pass the cleaning cat boxes test, lol] when it flipped over. Apparently I had squeezed one of the pins away from the little matching claw and the chain had come off of that pin. It was dangling by one! Now I am totally paranoid of wearing this as a pendant until it gets a make over. Goodness can you imagine if it falls totally off and the stone smashes into smithereens? My heart can't take that lol. Since it works well as a brooch I'm thinking I will have her do something different for the chain to go through. Something solid but I don't want it to show when wearing it as a brooch. Any ideas?

IMG_3514[1].jpg

Wow, a scary story! The pins (the idea) remind me a little the brooches that are worn over a string of pearls. Maybe a string of akoyas? No ideas about the mechanics.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, a scary story! The pins (the idea) remind me a little the brooches that are worn over a string of pearls. Maybe a string of akoyas? No ideas about the mechanics.

I don't know if it would fit over a string of pearls. I'll have to try that out. I'm going to take it back in tomorrow and see if she can come up with something.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results