shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Art Deco Inspired Opal Pendant

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be my most favorite Mother's Day/Birthday present ever! The project started last December when hubby and I spotted an Art Deco opal pendant at my jewelers. The opal at the time was a crystal opal and so totally different from my ring that we decided that we wanted her to try to find one that was a better match to my ring. The hunt was on. Apparently it's not so easy to find a matching stone or my jeweler is just damned picky because it took 47 rejects before she even showed me one. We decided that while it's not a close match it's a gorgeous stone and #48 would be the one! I was told that it wouldn't be ready until next week but she got it done early and sneaky hubby picked it up last Friday. On the table this morning was a Sketchers shoe box with a bow on it, but it certainly wasn't a pair of Sketchers inside, lol. So here she is..............I love everything about her...............18kt white gold, 9 x 7 Black Opal and 1 ct G VVS2 diamonds in an Art Deco setting........the color play is crazy and it looks so different from angle. Oh by the way did I mention that it is also a pin/brooch? Best of both worlds!

DSC_0532[1].jpg
DSC_0496[1].jpg
DSC_0516[1].jpg
DSC_0520[1].jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the dirty finger, lol. I apologize in advance for the amount of pictures I'm going to post, lol. Especially if we ever get any sun here.
DSC_0524[1].jpg
DSC_0528[1].jpg
IMG_3471[1].jpg
Bad, bad neck shot. I have to try and get a better one and it as a pin...

DSC_0498[1].jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh
I’m in love.
What a total stunner you lucky ducky !

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that opal is out of this world!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY! that's amaaaaazing! what a beautiful piece and I love that it's convertible too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that opal is out of this world!

Thank you blueMA. I love how it has so many colors and looks depending upon the angle of the stone.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY! that's amaaaaazing! what a beautiful piece and I love that it's convertible too.
Thanks foxinsox!! It's going to get a workout as a pendant and a pin that's for sure, lol.

Q

Queenie60

Absolutely gorgeous as all of your jewelry is. Enjoy.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! :love: That is a serious pendant. It’s gorgeous and fitting for that staggering opal. Congratulations on such a successful project. :appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!! Can’t wait to see it in the sunshine!!! Congrats!!! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very beautiful! Love the design and the opal! You're right; it is a great gift!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How unusual & beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! :love: That is a serious pendant. It’s gorgeous and fitting for that staggering opal. Congratulations on such a successful project. :appl:

Thanks LLJsmom! Is it bad that I'm more excited that it is also a brooch? LOL

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!! Can’t wait to see it in the sunshine!!! Congrats!!! :love:

Sigh.............me too. Of course it is supposed to rain all week although there may be a brief period of sun this afternoon. All I want is 30 minutes or so. Is that too much to ask for? LOL

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very beautiful! Love the design and the opal! You're right; it is a great gift!!

Thanks MissGotRocks! I love the design too. I love all the detail work.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh.............me too. Of course it is supposed to rain all week although there may be a brief period of sun this afternoon. All I want is 30 minutes or so. Is that too much to ask for? LOL

It’s supposed to be rainy and stormy here all week as well so you have my sympathy!! The moment that you get a peek of sunshine, please take a photo and post it; I would love to see that stone come alive!! :mrgreen2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.. that was a nice way to view the day for me.. what a truly exquisite piece of jewelry.. I LOVE it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and I love the versatility of this piece.:love: Happy Mother's Day @Catmom and enjoy your beautiful pendant...it's beautiful. :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty, @Catmom! And beautifully made. Can we see some shots of it in its pin persona? And the chain - it's plain near the pendant, then turns into a DBTY style? What a gorgeous idea!!

Lovely. :))

ETA And happy mother's day!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother's Day and what an amazing present!

It's beautiful and the detailing is really exquisite.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s supposed to be rainy and stormy here all week as well so you have my sympathy!! The moment that you get a peek of sunshine, please take a photo and post it; I would love to see that stone come alive!! :mrgreen2:
I will!!!!!!! :P2

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.. that was a nice way to view the day for me.. what a truly exquisite piece of jewelry.. I LOVE it.

Thank you so much for your kind words Tekate!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and I love the versatility of this piece.:love: Happy Mother's Day @Catmom and enjoy your beautiful pendant...it's beautiful. :appl:

Thank you so much missy! I am wearing it as a brooch today.

DSC_0545[1].jpg
DSC_0548[1].jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty, @Catmom! And beautifully made. Can we see some shots of it in its pin persona? And the chain - it's plain near the pendant, then turns into a DBTY style? What a gorgeous idea!!

Lovely. :))

ETA And happy mother's day!

Thanks mrs-b! I posted some just above. What you are seeing is two different chains. The plainer one is what it came with and I switched it out to my OEC/OMC DBY chain in other pics. I think the DBY chain looks better and is more appropriate for the style. But that would be a cool idea!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother's Day and what an amazing present!

It's beautiful and the detailing is really exquisite.

Thank you so much Octo2005. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day as well. I have to admit though, its mostly a birthday present, lol. My Birthday is next week. I'm especially drawn to very detailed pieces so this is right up my alley.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother's Day, Catmom!

What a beautiful pendant ❤️

Thank you so much DiaDiva! I hope you had a wonderful day as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results