clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's heartbreaking. I tried copying and pasting but it is over the 5000 word limit for PS so thanks for going to the trouble to read it. A PSer shared it with me and I posted it because I think it is an important piece to read. For all those pushing to reopen right now I wish they would just read this and see what it is like for the front line people and civilians alike. How this virus respects no borders, no one. It can bring down the healthy and fit and not just the old and infirmed. How it is killing the best and brightest who are trying to save lives. Yeah that was a hard read but IMO an important one. Thank you @bling_dream19 for taking the time and energy to read it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K @TooPatient hoping you and your spouses are doing as well as possible and keeping you in my thoughts.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Trying to find the post and the page where someone kindly posted the lab values that are indicative of the virus without the technical test. Does anyone know where that was? I've been looking on and off. Please don't spend too much time looking but if anyone remembers, much appreciated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't often comment, but this article... This should be required reading. For everyone.

Thank you for posting, @missy .

Thanks @SparklieBug. It was hard to share this piece because I don't want to be a downer and I know I have been posting a lot of sad things lately. Then I thought I would want someone to share it if they had read it and I had not so I decided to go ahead and post it. I agree. I think everyone should read this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too..Horrifying

I am sorry Joanne. I almost didn't post it because it is horrifying but then I just had to because the need for truth ultimately wins out.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Real rough day but keeping out of the ER so its a good day.
How is your hubby doing?

Out of the ER is good! I hope it gets easier for you soon.

Last night was rougher. I had to prop him up higher in order to keep his oxygen up even with the CPAP. His Dr doesn't see any need for a nebulizer yet but is willing to prescribe another type of inhaler. I'm too tired to argue him anymore. I already need to get him to sign a letter for work when this is over saying DH wasn't able to be at work. This Dr has refused to give a letter if DH is well enough to sit in a chair. That will be fun to argue...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just wait until the snowbirds start flocking back to their summer places, which its started this week down here. I think most of them are driving some are flying. One of my friend's mother is taking the train going back to NY because if she didn't it would "screw up her taxes" Yeah .

But there you go, people will be doing whatever they want, likely not quarantining when they get to their final destination because it won't happen to them, so they think.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Last night was rougher. I had to prop him up higher in order to keep his oxygen up even with the CPAP. His Dr doesn't see any need for a nebulizer yet but is willing to prescribe another type of inhaler. I'm too tired to argue him anymore. I already need to get him to sign a letter for work when this is over saying DH wasn't able to be at work. This Dr has refused to give a letter if DH is well enough to sit in a chair. That will be fun to argue...

@TooPatient did you see the breathing technique and also going on the stomach to help ease breathing? I don't know if it will help B but maybe he can try it? Hope he has a better night tonight.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

gggrrrrrrrrr I hate doctors like that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just wait until the snowbirds start flocking back to their summer places, which its started this week down here. I think most of them are driving some are flying. One of my friend's mother is taking the train going back to NY because if she didn't it would "screw up her taxes" Yeah .

But there you go, people will be doing whatever they want, likely not quarantining when they get to their final destination because it won't happen to them, so they think.

Yup, the masses are a****. ::)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My brother who lives in northern Florida said that they are stopping all cars coming into Florida now and questioning where they have come from. If you are from the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) area, they are told they need to self quarantine. Who enforces that, I have no idea, but I assume much is closed by you as well.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH just got off the phone with his sister. You guys will not even believe this.

She is flying to the U.K to fly back with her former boyfriend who is sick with GI symptoms, he can't be seen by a doctor for a month over there and they will not test him for COVID. They are flying back through JFK so he can go stay with his parents in New Rochelle and she will take some sort of transportation back to D.C. He will be able to see a doctor faster here apparently. When I asked DH why she has to fly over he said it's because he is too sick to fly alone!

The level of stupidity and selfishness is astounding. DH couldn't even talk her out of it because she was boarding the plane. Will they even let him on the plane? I don't know what the procedures are at the airport but I believe they will both be screened at JFK on arrival back.

God, I just can't with this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She is flying to the U.K to fly back with her former boyfriend who is sick with GI symptoms, he can't be seen by a doctor for a month over there and they will not test him for COVID. They are flying back through JFK so he can go stay with his parents in New Rochelle and she will take some sort of transportation back to D.C. He will be able to see a doctor faster here apparently. When I asked DH why she has to fly over he said it's because he is too sick to fly alone!

The level of stupidity and selfishness is astounding. DH couldn't even talk her out of it because she was boarding the plane. Will they even let him on the plane? I don't know what the procedures are at the airport but I believe they will both be screened at JFK on arrival back.

That is unconscionable and I sure hope the airline officials do not let him board. He will infect the entire plane (and beyond) with Covid 19 if that is what he has. The level of selfishness and stupidity is unconscionable and also criminal. He should (as your SIL) be brought up on charges if they go through with this. SMH.

This thing spreads like crazy. People will probably die because of his and your SIL's actions.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My brother who lives in northern Florida said that they are stopping all cars coming into Florida now and questioning where they have come from. If you are from the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) area, they are told they need to self quarantine. Who enforces that, I have no idea, but I assume much is closed by you as well.

Yeah into the state I've heard they're doing that. They'll let you leave though...lol The bad is that people are NOT quarantining like they're supposed to. I think some people still think the heat will kill it.

voce

Ideal_Rock

As selfish as it is to board a plane when you're sick and at risk, I couldn't help but fixate on the word "former" before the boyfriend. It just makes it even more ridiculous and sad to feel so compelled to do this for someone who's not even in a relationship with you in the present day. I think she's letting her emotions overwhelm any logic and common sense.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is unconscionable and I sure hope the airline officials do not let him board. He will infect the entire plane (and beyond) with Covid 19 if that is what he has. The level of selfishness and stupidity is unconscionable and also criminal. He should (as your SIL) be brought up on charges if they go through with this. SMH.

This thing spreads like crazy. People will probably die because of his and your SIL's actions.

Yes I agree, I am totally disgusted but we can't stop her unfortunately.

I'm actually glad I told him to call her back (she called both of us earlier but we couldn't take the call at the time) because I would have told her exactly that. I know her father tried to talk some sense into her but obviously it didn't work.

On another note, he has a dog, I have no idea what is happening with the dog, I know that is a small detail compared to people losing lives but I can't help but wonder about the dog.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce, yes former boyfriend, they have remained very good friends. Even so I can't believe she is going through with this, she is a very bright girl but obviously no common sense to be found.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I agree, I am totally disgusted but we can't stop her unfortunately.

I'm actually glad I told him to call her back (she called both of us earlier but we couldn't take the call at the time) because I would have told her exactly that. I know her father tried to talk some sense into her but obviously it didn't work.

On another note, he has a dog, I have no idea what is happening with the dog, I know that is a small detail compared to people losing lives but I can't help but wonder about the dog.

She is flying to the U.K to fly back with her former boyfriend who is sick with GI symptoms, he can't be seen by a doctor for a month over there and they will not test him for COVID.
He will be able to see a doctor faster here apparently.

If he is willing to risk other people's lives by his reckless behavior I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make appropriate plans for someone to care for his dog. Poor dog.

Interesting how great the USA becomes when people want to get care fast.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce, yes former boyfriend, they have remained very good friends. Even so I can't believe she is going through with this, she is a very bright girl but obviously no common sense to be found.

Stephanie, no offense to you at all because you have a good head on your shoulders and would never do this. But your SIL? She is not very bright at all IMO. Someone who is a "very bright girl" would never do something like this. Unless she doesn't give a fig about anyone else. I mean she is risking the innocent lives of others (as well as her own life). How can she not see this?

Please at least try to convince her and her former boyfriend to keep their masks on at all times and to try not sitting near anyone on the plane. I hope the flight is not crowded.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I am worried about the dog, I'll remind DH to ask next time he talks to her, I am not talking to her anytime soon. See I don't know how healthcare works in the U.K. but he as well as his family is very wealthy, could easily afford to pay a doctor privately to be seen. None of this makes any sense.

Just saw your response, she is bright but yes selfish and has a very strong sense of entitlement. DH had to tell her she needs to wear a mask, I heard him say that on the phone. You wouldn't catch me dead in an airport now, I won't even go to buy food apart from every two weeks out of necessity. She is out of her mind.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I am worried about the dog, I'll remind DH to ask next time he talks to her, I am not talking to her anytime soon. See I don't know how healthcare works in the U.K. but he as well as his family is very wealthy, could easily afford to pay a doctor privately to be seen. None of this makes any sense.

Hoping the dog has someone to care for him. Can you text your SIL and ask her to check that the dog is going to have someone to take care of him while they are in the states?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping the dog has someone to care for him. Can you text your SIL and ask her to check that the dog is going to have someone to take care of him while they are in the states?

I'll have DH ask her and come back with an update, for all we know he could be traveling back with the dog. A total show of you know what I mean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results