clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI about the J&J vaccine for those considering it.

Looks like J&J is saying they can reach their 100 million dose commitment by June.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is shocking how many health care professionals don’t take Covid as seriously as they should. In fact I know a few who are refusing the vaccine. They feel they are healthy and can fight Covid on their own. Their selfishness is astounding. Unbelievable. :(sad

All the MDs I know are getting vaccinated, couldn’t wait to in fact. Granted I work in academic medicine where we are borderline militant about evidence based medicine. Unfortunately a lot of the rest of hospital staff isn’t so keen. Have been having many conversations with nurses, social workers, therapy staffs, environmental staff I work with to try to answer as many questions I can to try to encourage them to get it. Both for themselves and for the sake of the patients we see in the hospital. Funnily if I ask them if they’d want their sick grandmas or kids to be in a hospital with unvaccinated staff they almost all say no...

I remember at the start of this, debating mask wearing with people. Hopefully most have come around to wearing them. Now the vaccine battle. Sigh.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 5 year old started Kindergarten back in Sept, and his school started with Kinders full time in person while other grades did hybrid. For months we had a case here and there but nothing serious. Right before winter recess we did a few remote learning days but went right back to school.

Then last week we got notified that someone in his class tested positive and everyone in class went into 10 day quarantine. Remote learning is as fun as you can imagine with 5 year olds. Quarantine ended this Mon and he went back to school. Then today at lunch we got a call saying someone in his class tested positive again and we had to pick him up right away. Back to quarantine and remote learning for another 10 days. I'm calling our Pediatrician in the morning to

Our MIL lives with us who's 75 and try as we might we cannot get an appointment for a vaccine for her. We are now considering keeping him at home for the rest of the year, or at least until we can get MIL vaccinated.

I'm calling his Pediatrician in the morning about getting him tested. Trying not to worry and stress but it's definitely getting too close for comfort.

I hope your son stays healthy and is negative. My three year old grandson has a stuffed and partially runny nose.
The pediatrician tested him yesterday.
We’re holding our breaths!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the MDs I know are getting vaccinated, couldn’t wait to in fact. Granted I work in academic medicine where we are borderline militant about evidence based medicine. Unfortunately a lot of the rest of hospital staff isn’t so keen. Have been having many conversations with nurses, social workers, therapy staffs, environmental staff I work with to try to answer as many questions I can to try to encourage them to get it. Both for themselves and for the sake of the patients we see in the hospital. Funnily if I ask them if they’d want their sick grandmas or kids to be in a hospital with unvaccinated staff they almost all say no...

I remember at the start of this, debating mask wearing with people. Hopefully most have come around to wearing them. Now the vaccine battle. Sigh.

What bothers me is there are so many people who want to get vaccinated and were/are held up by the healthcare professionals who were still uncertain as to either way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your son stays healthy and is negative. My three year old grandson has a stuffed and partially runny nose.

Good luck @MamaBee it could be just a garden variety cold. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you too @Babyblue033

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@MakingTheGrade My health department in Chester County Pa
gave vaccines to people I know because they wanted them to continue to volunteer. They never should have received them.
I spend hours looking for a vaccine for us. My mom who’s 95 just recently fell and is in a rehab facility. Up to that point I was looking for her first..I hope they vaccinate her there. Pennsylvania is so bad at distribution..We are #49. My fear is by the time they get to us we will get the Astra-Seneca one...or get Covid. My husband still works..I want either the Moderna or Pfizer. J&J isn’t as effective..I
actually get up in the middle of the night to look. It’s crazy how some people don’t want the vaccine..but others like us want it desperately.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I hope your grandson will be ok. I know most kids that get it have no or mild symptoms but it's still terrifying to imagine young children getting infected...

Our Pediatrician said we should wait till Tues to get him tested so that's out next step.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope your grandson will be ok. I know most kids that get it have no or mild symptoms but it's still terrifying to imagine young children getting infected...

Our Pediatrician said we should wait till Tues to get him tested so that's out next step.

I hope your son is okay too. I think they got the test too soon.. but really who knows for sure when the right time is...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news! My grandson‘s covid test is negative!

I was able for make appointments for the first covid vaccine for my husband and me! February 20th! It’s two hours from our home but I’m so happy! I was obsessed with finding them for us! :appl:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results