Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient How are things going?

DH is looking better and sounding better. He has perked up several times through this only to really crash the next day so we are still monitoring closely. He hit 92% briefly but has mostly been at 95-96% and is sleeping with my CPAP at night and for any naps. It is keeping him at 97%!

We are both exhausted and just taking care of the bare minimum of life has left me getting sicker again. I'm far healthier than DH so it is merely frustrating and tiring not so much dangerous.

His HR department is supposed to call me tomorrow so hopefully that brings some relief of stress. I'm trying to make it through classes (online) but am prepared to drop if I am not doing well by the refund cutoff date.

How are you doing?

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@TooPatient I have been following your posts and my thoughts have been with you both! Take care x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is looking better and sounding better. He has perked up several times through this only to really crash the next day so we are still monitoring closely. He hit 92% briefly but has mostly been at 95-96% and is sleeping with my CPAP at night and for any naps. It is keeping him at 97%!

We are both exhausted and just taking care of the bare minimum of life has left me getting sicker again. I'm far healthier than DH so it is merely frustrating and tiring not so much dangerous.

His HR department is supposed to call me tomorrow so hopefully that brings some relief of stress. I'm trying to make it through classes (online) but am prepared to drop if I am not doing well by the refund cutoff date.

How are you doing?

@TooPatient I am relieved you guys are doing OK. What a great idea you had to give your CPAP to your DH. Good luck with his HR call tomorrow and I hope you can hold on and make it through your online classes. Fingers crossed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.30.18 AM.png

and today's statistics.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.34.08 AM.png

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to go to the post office this morning, only one car in the parking lot so all good, or so I thought.

As I'm leaving I open the door to find two people smoking, close enough to the door that I couldn't avoid them but also couldn't see them while exiting. So had to walk through their exhaled smoke and whatever else. Ugh. What is wrong with people? I'm very non-confrontational but I really wanted to tell them to F off with their nasty habit and selfishness.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to go to the post office this morning, only one car in the parking lot so all good, or so I thought.

As I'm leaving I open the door to find two people smoking, close enough to the door that I couldn't avoid them but also couldn't see them while exiting. So had to walk through their exhaled smoke and whatever else. Ugh. What is wrong with people? I'm very non-confrontational but I really wanted to tell them to F off with their nasty habit and selfishness.

I feel you. This pisses me off. I prefer to be non confrontational too but I almost said something yesterday to the woman who let her kids run around the grocery store and with no mask either. I did shoot her a deadly look and she grabbed her kids lol. I was wearing a mask but my eyes said it all.

And I have said something in the past few weeks to people who aren't keeping their distance. I say it nicely but there is no mistaking my tone as in I am not fooling around. Keep your distance please.

People are not only clueless IMO but they are selfish too. And that is infuriating.
Rant over.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I feel you. This pisses me off. I prefer to be non confrontational too but I almost said something yesterday to the woman who let her kids run around the grocery store and with no mask either. I did shoot her a deadly look and she grabbed her kids lol. I was wearing a mask but my eyes said it all.

And I have said something in the past few weeks to people who aren't keeping their distance. I say it nicely but there is no mistaking my tone as in I am not fooling around. Keep your distance please.

People are not only clueless IMO but they are selfish too. And that is infuriating.
Rant over.

Agreed. When we went to Costco on Friday they was zero mindfulness of space. Walking in neighborhood people are good. I think it must be when trying to get something done, all mindfulness out the window.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

How are you doing?
glad to hear he is doing better.
Im having a real bad morning.
Have been a couple times I thought i was going to have to call 911 but got it back under control.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have been a couple times I thought i was going to have to call 911 but got it back under control.

Gosh @Karl_K I am so sorry and I am keeping good thoughts for you. Sending you healing vibes and gentle hugs. I hope you can keep it under control and avoid calling 911.:pray: But if you do have to call them may they keep you safe and get you well.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K Hope it doesn't get worse for you. Take care.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
aaaarrgh due to covid they are not prescribing prednisone to anyone right now.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K , I'm so sorry and I hope you don't get worse. Keeping you in my thoughts. <3

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no @Karl_K . I hope you feel better soon!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K sorry you're doing so poorly friend! Lots of love and prayers coming from me and Lucky.

@TooPatient I'm happy that your husband is turning a corner. Totally genius idea having him use CPAP machine! I'm huffing hypertonic (neubulizer) water (lol) sounds funny but its not, this allergy season is not a good one, am using 3% but I'm starting to run out. I have "stuff" in my upper lungs that I need to get out of there, and this is one of the ways to do that.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, no. I just saw your comment about Prednisone too... Does your Dr have anything to offer for help?

I can't help but see what you are going through and a couple of friends with unrelated health issues and wonder how many people out there are suffering due to care not being available or the fear of going to the hospital and catching the virus because their symptoms would get them tossed in as a probable case.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Karl_K I hope you feel better soon...That’s horrible you’re not able to get Prednisone.. :(2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl-

Does your doctor not have a sample of prednisone in his office that he can give you? Why can no one be prescribed prednisone during coronavirus? Is it needed for covid-19 patients? So sorry you are suffering.

Deb

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl-

Does your doctor not have a sample of prednisone in his office that he can give you? Why can no one be prescribed prednisone during coronavirus? Is it needed for covid-19 patients? So sorry you are suffering.

Deb
None for anyone seems to be the policy right now.

Early on some doctors found that steroids did not help covid cases and may have seemed to caused harm in the most extreme cases.
So that became the bottom line, no steroids and crank the vents pressure up higher.
Some other doctors are going as far as to call that murder and they should go with high levels of steroids and low pressure.
It is really hard to figure out who to believe as the real answers wont be known until its over and looked back on.

One thing is clear already there are going to be a lot of survivors who are going to have serious ongoing lung issues.

Edit: What the nurse specficaly said is "he did not want me on prednisone in case I were to catch covid-19"

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None for anyone seems to be the policy right now.

Early on some doctors found that steroids did not help covid cases and may have seemed to caused harm.
So that became the bottom line, no steroids and crank the vents pressure up higher.
Some other doctors are going as far as to call that murder and they should go with high levels of steroids and low pressure.
It is really hard to figure out who to believe as the real answers wont be known until its over and looked back on.

My son has been on prednisone for a week, tablets. Prescribed by a walk-in clinic so there are some doctors who are prescribing it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How are you doing?

You can get second hand gently used and cleaned paps from secondwind cpaps. You do need a prescription but it can be from any doctor, dentist etc, lol.

I’d get him one so you can use yours. I have severe sleep apnea and won’t ever sleep without mine.

This way you can have two. I have three— one at each of my two houses and keep one in the RV.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steroids suppress your immune system and change the white blood cells.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Steroids suppress your immune system and change the white blood cells.

Steroids are also dangerous because they change a wide range of natural hormone functions in the body. Use them only as last resort, if at all, is what I hear from physicians.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son has been on prednisone for a week, tablets. Prescribed by a walk-in clinic so there are some doctors who are prescribing it.

Yes and my sister has severe asthma and she has just started a new steroid inhaler prescribed for her by her friend who is an infectious disease doctor (who is a dealign with Covid 19 and is knowledgeable about it) and it is the only thing helping her asthma. So yes under certain circumstances it is not only advised it is necessary to get things under control. Covid 19 nothwithstanding.

How is your son's poison ivy doing Stephanie?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, it totally cleared up. He really needed the steroids to get it under control, never a fan but sometimes it has to be done.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, it totally cleared up. He really needed the steroids to get it under control, never a fan but sometimes it has to be done.

Yes it was the right call and I am glad he is completely recovered. And it is not going to hurt him re Covid 19 so do not worry.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can get second hand gently used and cleaned paps from secondwind cpaps. You do need a prescription but it can be from any doctor, dentist etc, lol.

I’d get him one so you can use yours. I have severe sleep apnea and won’t ever sleep without mine.

This way you can have two. I have three— one at each of my two houses and keep one in the RV.

Not a bad idea! Having a second one around could come in handy sometimes once I am feeling better. I am not able to use mine right now due to sleeping arrangements caused by my back. (Specifically, I am on the couch wedged into pillows in a way that would make it difficult and surrounded by evil cats who chewed through two sets of tubing before we started keeping them out of the bedroom...)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results