shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll have DH ask her and come back with an update, for all we know he could be traveling back with the dog. A total show of you know what I mean.

Yeah I know what you mean. 4 letters starting with S ending with T show. Or we can also just say:

itsamess.gif

I am going to think good thoughts for everyone and hope 1. they don't let him on the plane if he is ill and 2. that his dog is well taken care of either way.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to think good thoughts for everyone and hope 1. they don't let him on the plane if he is ill...

It feels like my tolerance level for selfishness and stupidity is lowering daily.

If you know the airline and flight details, perhaps consider alerting the airline. Why jeopardize other people en route to the airport, in the airport, on the flight and the same scenario at the end of the trip? It boggles the mind.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@StephanieLynn I heard from international students leaving the UK that you have to book a lot of flights to get out on one flight that isn't cancelled. Some people had to book ten flights to get one flight they finally got to leave on. Does your SIL know how expensive and difficult it is to leave the UK by air right now? Worst case, they'll have to spend an entire week at the airport in limbo.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce, no idea if she has any idea what she's in for. As far as the expense, they could fly privately, money is no object with the former boyfriend's family.

She is on the plane now, I believe this was not well thought out on her part at all. If she had really thought about it she would have realized how terrible of an idea this was. She has not responded to any further texts so we probably won't hear from her again until tomorrow.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't catch where she was going.

Are they going to lock her up when she reaches the destination?

You land in Australia the police/military will lock you up in a hotel for 14 days.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't catch where she was going.

Are they going to lock her up when she reaches the destination?

You land in Australia the police/military will lock you up in a hotel for 14 days.

U.K. is all I know.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient did you see the breathing technique and also going on the stomach to help ease breathing? I don't know if it will help B but maybe he can try it? Hope he has a better night tonight.

He has been doing several different recommended breathing things. No help so far, but we don't know what it would have been without them so that is possibly a help. He can't be on his stomach due to neck/back/leg issues. I might get desperate and try him on the giant bean bag on his stomach to get support where needed and stomach time.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
He has been doing several different recommended breathing things. No help so far, but we don't know what it would have been without them so that is possibly a help. He can't be on his stomach due to neck/back/leg issues. I might get desperate and try him on the giant bean bag on his stomach to get support where needed and stomach time.
prayers are outgoing

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just wait until the snowbirds start flocking back to their summer places, which its started this week down here. I think most of them are driving some are flying. One of my friend's mother is taking the train going back to NY because if she didn't it would "screw up her taxes" Yeah .

But there you go, people will be doing whatever they want, likely not quarantining when they get to their final destination because it won't happen to them, so they think.

:(

No travel restrictions in place anywhere?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I am worried about the dog, I'll remind DH to ask next time he talks to her, I am not talking to her anytime soon. See I don't know how healthcare works in the U.K. but he as well as his family is very wealthy, could easily afford to pay a doctor privately to be seen. None of this makes any sense.

Just saw your response, she is bright but yes selfish and has a very strong sense of entitlement. DH had to tell her she needs to wear a mask, I heard him say that on the phone. You wouldn't catch me dead in an airport now, I won't even go to buy food apart from every two weeks out of necessity. She is out of her mind.

This does not make any sense! In the U.K. if you are sick enough to be an emergency you will get seen, no matter what the circumstances. Our ER departments are still open and functioning. If he’s living in London there are plenty of private doctors, I don’t understand why that wouldn’t also be an option.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping @Karl_K , @TooPatient , @missy in my thoughts.

Really all my PS friends

Strength and health to everyone who needs it!

Thank you and same to all of my PS friends too. No matter where we are in the world we are in this together and while some areas are harder hit every life is precious and matters and to that end I am keeping everyone in my thoughts.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can we just take the dog into the US and NOT him? That would work for me.

This. Completely this. And just another reason I choose animals over (many) people. Animals would never exhibit such sh**y behavior.

@StephanieLynn I think alerting the airlines would be the way to go if you have details though I could see where you might not want to report your husband's sister. But this thing infects people exponentially with a life of it's own taking lives in the wake.

She is on the plane now, I believe this was not well thought out on her part at all. If she had really thought about it she would have realized how terrible of an idea this was. She has not responded to any further texts so we probably won't hear from her again until tomorrow.

I think she had to think it out enough to get a flight out as quickly as she did. Or even if it took a few days this couldn't have been done without thinking because everything is harder to plan now. I don't think you are giving her enough credit.

It feels like my tolerance level for selfishness and stupidity is lowering daily.

If you know the airline and flight details, perhaps consider alerting the airline. Why jeopardize other people en route to the airport, in the airport, on the flight and the same scenario at the end of the trip? It boggles the mind.

Same. I feel 100% the same. :(
And while my tolerance for stupid and selfish behavior is lowering it seems some/many people's selfish and stupid behavior is rising exponentially. This is just one example we know about. Can you imagine all the people doing something similar who we don't know about?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@TooPatient how is B doing now? Keeping good thoughts for him and hoping last night was a decent night. (((Hugs))).

@Karl_K hoping you and wifey are doing OK and feeling as well as possible.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
This. Completely this. And just another reason I choose animals over (many) people. Animals would never exhibit such sh**y behavior.

@StephanieLynn I think alerting the airlines would be the way to go if you have details though I could see where you might not want to report your husband's sister. But this thing infects people exponentially with a life of it's own taking lives in the wake.

I think she had to think it out enough to get a flight out as quickly as she did. Or even if it took a few days this couldn't have been done without thinking because everything is harder to plan now. I don't think you are giving her enough credit.

Same. I feel 100% the same. :(
And while my tolerance for stupid and selfish behavior is lowering it seems some/many people's selfish and stupid behavior is rising exponentially. This is just one example we know about. Can you imagine all the people doing something similar who we don't know about?

These types of actions from people is why I deleted my comment in your “Entrovert” thread.
I responded calling myself a misanthrope but didn’t want to get into it and have to explain why. Well, human behavior is explaining it very well for me!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, she texted this morning that "J" is very thin, he apparently has had G.I. problems for a while probably a month or better. I think she mentioned that it was possible he has some sort of parasitic infection a few weeks ago. This might be the reason he can't get tested, if this is his only symptom and the reason why he couldn't get an appointment for a month to be seen.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, she texted this morning that "J" is very thin, he apparently has had G.I. problems for a while probably a month or better. I think she mentioned that it was possible he has some sort of parasitic infection a few weeks ago. This might be the reason he can't get tested, if this is his only symptom and the reason why he couldn't get an appointment for a month to be seen.

Stephanie do you know if he has a fever? How’s the dog? What plans do they have for the dog care? It doesn’t make sense if he’s so ill that the UK (NHS?) healthcare system wouldn’t see him.
I get if it’s not an emergency with all every healthcare system is dealing with at the moment but it sounds like “J” is quite ill.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These types of actions from people is why I deleted my comment in your “Entrovert” thread.
I responded calling myself a misanthrope but didn’t want to get into it and have to explain why. Well, human behavior is explaining it very well for me!

Hi JrJ. I’m sorry I don’t know which thread to which you are referring. Human behavior often has me scratching my head. And SMH too. :/

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephanie do you know if he has a fever? How’s the dog? What plans do they have for the dog care? It doesn’t make sense if he’s so ill that the UK (NHS?) healthcare system wouldn’t see him.
I get if it’s not an emergency with all every healthcare system is dealing with at the moment but it sounds like “J” is quite ill.

That's all the information I have right now, I haven't talked to her and she is only texting small bits of information sporadically to DH.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
Hi JrJ. I’m sorry I don’t know which thread to which you are referring. Human behavior often has me scratching my head. And SMH too. :/

Sorry Missy!
I looked it up and it was Aprilbaby who posted the question.. I thought it was you.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On another note I really wish media would stop reporting about this Harvard study that found we may have to socially isolate until 2022 OR until a vaccine.

Why give that timeline even if it is true? We need a vaccine, okay but people are already having trouble with being isolated and possibly becoming mentally unwell, they do not need to think of the possibility of being isolated for two years! Ugh!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On another note I really wish media would stop reporting about this Harvard study that found we may have to socially isolate until 2022 OR until a vaccine.

Why give that timeline even if it is true? We need a vaccine, okay but people are already having trouble with being isolated and possibly becoming mentally unwell, they do not need to think of the possibility of being isolated for two years! Ugh!

Just saw that. May as well walk out like in those movies whether the baddie walks into a hail of bullets.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

DH must've read that or more likely he came to the same conclusion on his own. He's been badgering me non stop about having to "do something" because this situation will drag on for years. Our oldest is supposed to start Kindergarten in Sept and he wants to figure out a plan to home school him because he doesn't think schools will reopen for years. Ok, I can see perhaps Sept isn't happening and I can deal with that, but to prepare for something that may or may not happen in a year or two, is crippling to me.

He also thinks one or both us will lose our jobs in the near future. I actually have guaranteed job security until end of June, but that doesn't seem to bring any sense of security to his mind.

It's not the pandemic that will kill me, it's DH who now thinks all his doomsday worries are now justified...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Babyblue033, so sorry your husband is stressing you out! I also really hope that you are able to keep employment past June. I literally started a job three weeks before our office was shutdown, talk about deflating! We also have a young son that started K this past fall, I'm sad for him because this was his first year although we are fortunate in a sense that I can be home and concentrate on schooling the kids, how two working parents, or a working single parent manages is beyond me.

At some point the sensationalism needs to stop, it creates a toxic and panicked society and that is scary and not something we need on top of everything else.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was your SIL in transit through the UK @StephanieLynn ? I’m sorry because I haven’t read the entire thread, so I may have missed an earlier post about this. You say he couldn’t get a Drs appt for a month, was that in the UK, because if it was, then I’m not surprised because it’s virtually impossible for UK residents to get an appt., so if he’s not a British Citizen, then he’d stand no chance. Yes, there are private Drs., but again, he may need a referral in order to see one. As for testing, there aren’t enough tests for our front line staff, so again, unless he was admitted to hospital here, he wouldn’t get tested. As for being seen by the NHS, our system is swamped, so unless he was actually having a heart attack, or similar emergency event, then he wouldn’t get seen.

If he’s travelling through the UK, then I would imagine any transport needs for a dog would’ve had to have been made well in advance, because of the health checks necessary in order to fly a dog out of here.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient how is B doing now? Keeping good thoughts for him and hoping last night was a decent night. (((Hugs))).

@Karl_K hoping you and wifey are doing OK and feeling as well as possible.

I am tentatively optimistic. He maintained 95-96% oxygen overnight. As he woke up and talked a little, it came up to 98% for a bit. He slept comfortably for 7 hours straight!

He hasn't been up enough to say much about coughing or if the oxygen will stay up without the CPAP, but it is a better start to a day than he has had in several days.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Missy!
I looked it up and it was Aprilbaby who posted the question.. I thought it was you.

No worries! ❤️

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was your SIL in transit through the UK @StephanieLynn ? I’m sorry because I haven’t read the entire thread, so I may have missed an earlier post about this. You say he couldn’t get a Drs appt for a month, was that in the UK, because if it was, then I’m not surprised because it’s virtually impossible for UK residents to get an appt., so if he’s not a British Citizen, then he’d stand no chance. Yes, there are private Drs., but again, he may need a referral in order to see one. As for testing, there aren’t enough tests for our front line staff, so again, unless he was admitted to hospital here, he wouldn’t get tested. As for being seen by the NHS, our system is swamped, so unless he was actually having a heart attack, or similar emergency event, then he wouldn’t get seen.

If he’s travelling through the UK, then I would imagine any transport needs for a dog would’ve had to have been made well in advance, because of the health checks necessary in order to fly a dog out of here.

He isn't a British citizen, he moved to the U.K about six months ago maybe 8 months at most. SIL flew through Washington DC to England last night so she is with him now. It could be that this was setup far in advance and we just found out about it last night.

A couple of folks suggested contacting the airline, I'm not doing that because I don't have enough information, he could be sick with something else completely and if he can't get help in the U.K. I could see why his mother paid to have him flown back here. DH suggested that there is enough money that he could pay someone in the U.K. to care for the dog, even if that spans months.

That's all I know, I have texted her but she has not responded to me at all.

On top of that whole situation now DH was told he needs to go for a random drug test. He will pass with no problem but that means he would need to go to a clinic which is exactly what we have been avoiding. If he doesn't go they will fire him and we will have no income, if he goes to save his job he could be exposed and he is high risk.

Today is one of those days I just want to go back to bed and start over tomorrow!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He isn't a British citizen, he moved to the U.K about six months ago maybe 8 months at most. SIL flew through Washington DC to England last night so she is with him now. It could be that this was setup far in advance and we just found out about it last night.

A couple of folks suggested contacting the airline, I'm not doing that because I don't have enough information, he could be sick with something else completely and if he can't get help in the U.K. I could see why his mother paid to have him flown back here. DH suggested that there is enough money that he could pay someone in the U.K. to care for the dog, even if that spans months.

That's all I know, I have texted her but she has not responded to me at all.

On top of that whole situation now DH was told he needs to go for a random drug test. He will pass with no problem but that means he would need to go to a clinic which is exactly what we have been avoiding. If he doesn't go they will fire him and we will have no income, if he goes to save his job he could be exposed and he is high risk.

Today is one of those days I just want to go back to bed and start over tomorrow!

Aww I’m sorry Stephanie and I get it. Those days are more frequent since all this Covid 19 stuff has been happening. Take it easy and one day at a time. Hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results