Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BB26973A-A85D-4128-87A6-9125D7FDC28A.jpeg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - what does Greg say about moving? I think that you should strongly consider moving him to the beach house just in case. I go with the theory hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - what does Greg say about moving? I think that you should strongly consider moving him to the beach house just in case. I go with the theory hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

That is generally my philosophy too.

Greg prefers to head there but for now I’m overwhelmed at the move. So much to move. Greg estimates it will take 3-4 car trips round trips. Cat litter and food plus 4 cats is at least one full car trip. We can no longer easily order this stuff so must pack it up and take it. Then food, water,meds,weights books and supplies will be more than one car trip. And I’m exhausted right now. At the end of the month we are planning to leave at least right now. That could change.

We have no supplies there long story. Suffice to say we have to take everything we need and plan on it being enough for a month. At least.

Truthfully I prefer being here because I have neighbors around and we all have been there for each other. If we leave we’re much more isolated. Of course that's a pro and a con at the same time. Lol strange times.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We are paying a very high price for misjudging and not acting fast enough. Let's hope we can learn from this and never let something like this happen again to this degree.

Amen to that.

I hope your friend is as ok as possible in the circumstances. I can’t even begin to imagine losing my mum when it could potentially have been preventable in normal circumstances.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you serious right now? Considering you kept providing the wrong stats, I’m not sure i can convince you with logic.
ETA: if you really want to know when it stops becoming mass hysteria—when it poses a real threat to the entire population like the flu does — which a lot of people don’t even panic as much over bc they are used to it. So unless the virus is going to mutate and start killing everyone rather than just giving the majority a fever and cough and maybe vomit— then you will be vindicated and I will be proven wrong. And I’m sure you will come back to post and chant that I was wrong. But it won’t matter bc we will all be dead. But you will win. I will have been proven wrong.

A heap of people on here are now posting stats from the same Worldodometer site that I originally posted from, I guess it doesn't matter (which was my original point that it seemed insignificant that it was slightly incorrect by a day or a few days etc).... if anything it is underestimating the true numbers. So clearly my logic was not as flawed as you assumed, and for calling it like it was it is laughable that you said I should "surround myself with people that have a more positive outlook than I do....."

#youwereprovenwrong

I don't get any great pleasure out of saying that, because people ARE dying, but yes I am going to "chant it out loud to everyone" because you were so nasty to me two months ago, when you were saying that s@#*

Lets hope that none of your friends and family members or mine die from this!!!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@missy we keep removing your posts because they are screenshots that have your personal email address on them. Please check your screenshots carefully before posting any new ones. Thank you!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH sat with my CPAP before bed and got used to having it on well enough to sleep with it. His oxygen stayed at 96-97% all night! He was up for a bit and is tired but looks less sickly (if that makes sense). He's back in bed getting some more sleep with the CPAP to keep his oxygen safe.

Hoping this is a sign of good things to come. If we can just keep his oxygen up while his body fights this, I think he will be okay!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy we keep removing your posts because they are screenshots that have your personal email address on them. Please check your screenshots carefully before posting any new ones. Thank you!

Sorry! I didn’t even notice. I’ll be more careful. Thanks @Ella

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH sat with my CPAP before bed and got used to having it on well enough to sleep with it. His oxygen stayed at 96-97% all night! He was up for a bit and is tired but looks less sickly (if that makes sense). He's back in bed getting some more sleep with the CPAP to keep his oxygen safe.

Hoping this is a sign of good things to come. If we can just keep his oxygen up while his body fights this, I think he will be okay!

Wonderful update and keeping good thoughts for continued improvement. (((Hugs))).

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TooPatient - This is really good news. I’m keeping your husband and you in my thoughts for healing and recovery.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@TooPatient prayers continue. Glad he had a better night.
Were you able to get him a neb?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A heap of people on here are now posting stats from the same Worldodometer site that I originally posted from, I guess it doesn't matter (which was my original point that it seemed insignificant that it was slightly incorrect by a day or a few days etc).... if anything it is underestimating the true numbers. So clearly my logic was not as flawed as you assumed, and for calling it like it was it is laughable that you said I should "surround myself with people that have a more positive outlook than I do....."

#youwereprovenwrong

I don't get any great pleasure out of saying that, because people ARE dying, but yes I am going to "chant it out loud to everyone" because you were so nasty to me two months ago, when you were saying that s@#*

Lets hope that none of your friends and family members or mine die from this!!!
What is wrong with you???
Is being right that important to you? Do you not realize that was the point of my post in the first place? That you were so vehemently insisting that you were right? You wanted to be right at any cost? Talk about hubris. I really can’t believe you are rejoicing at all of these deaths because they prove that your grim outlook was right. Let me reassure you that my loved ones and I are fine! Everyone I know is healthy. Thank you. I’m sure it saddens you to hear that. Please. I hope that you learn that it is better to be kind than right. You and everyone on these threads. I’ve stopped posting on these threads bc I’m sooo tired of tired of the negativity, the blaming, the people who think they know it all. Nothing but blame to go around. Thank you so much for calling me out. You are a real lady.

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient prayers continue. Glad he had a better night.
Were you able to get him a neb?

I haven't been able to get his Dr yet. The way things work, I will hear back from the Dr and the HR department as soon as I decide I can't wait any longer for a shower.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amen to that.

I hope your friend is as ok as possible in the circumstances. I can’t even begin to imagine losing my mum when it could potentially have been preventable in normal circumstances.

Thanks @lissyflo it is devastating and her dad is still in the hospital though he is improving. I cannot imagine life now without his darling wife. And my friend without her mom. :(sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been able to get his Dr yet. The way things work, I will hear back from the Dr and the HR department as soon as I decide I can't wait any longer for a shower.

LOL yes. I was just saying this to my rheumatologist's office manager who called me to cancel my appointment with him scheduled for April 20th and asked if I wanted a phone call from him. I said yes and the way it works is he will just call my mobile around that date. No time or date specified. Just around that date. So I said the way that works is I will have my phone with me at all times but he will probably call me when I am washing my hair in the shower. She said yes probably. We had a good laugh. We all need a release from the tension and stress so any excuse to laugh feels good.

Anyway hope you hear from the Dr and HR soon. And that you aren't in the shower when they call. LOL

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, be kind. This isn't the place to be rude to others or we will give you a time out.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala - actually I apologised to you several times after that on here, but did you apologise to me for all the nasty things you said and are still saying?

The sound of crickets chirping....

You are accusing me of the same stuff you did 2 months ago, that just because I can read and interpret data, (even though you took great pleasure in calling out that the Worldodometer thing I was using was incorrect at the time, which I guess means you have the same problem as I do) that I must therefore want people to die? No, I don't want anyone to die, my heart bleeds for the US and parts of Europe right now that the people in charge could not read the data the same way some governments did and this is where the world currently is at.

Yes, I do blame and think multiple governments including many places in Europe, the UK and the US should be held to account for acting too slowly, and for not taking this whole thing seriously enough months ago - their citizens, ie the people that they were elected to serve and protect, are dying now directly because of the poor decisions many of them have made, and because of those slow, bad, and inadequate decisions, everyday people who are now exposed to this situation, do not get a say or a choice.

Last edited:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, last warning, you will be given a time out. Period. Whether you are responding to someone's attacks with more attacks or instigating. Stop it now please.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@TooPatient prayers continue for your hubby and you.
How is he doing?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient prayers continue for your hubby and you.
How is he doing?

He is feeling vague and weak, but oxygen is staying up above 94%. My CPAP keeps him at 96-97% through the night. I continue to be frustrated that the Drs won't prescribe basic things and are instead relying on "go to the ER if he gets short of breath" as a solution. Aside from really not wanting to see him in that situation (and him adamant about not going if he is at all stable) where if this isn't COVID-19 he would be treated as if he is and likely get it (since he definitely has an infection and is weak right now), we also saw that the ER bases care on what is in from of them and not what we report. His oxygen is good while up and moving. He said that they couldn't understand him when he spoke and it was hard to speak loudly enough to be heard through all of the isolation stuff, loud ventilation, and masks. He also said he has a very hard time understanding anything they said to him through all of the noise and their masks. Makes it a tough situation as far as explaining what is happening that they aren't seeing.

Anyway, I guess the short answer is that he is holding steady for the moment. Oxygen readings are improved despite his feeling worse. I'm making it through okay. Sleeping mostly during the day when he is awake so that I can watch him closely in the roughest evening hours and as he sleeps.

My school quarter started Wednesday. I wish there was a way to postpone it as I am in no shape to learn the materials and do the assignments. Hoping this nightmare turns around soon so I don't have to postpone graduating for a full year. (My last required class is only offered in the spring!)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@TooPatient sorry to hear about his continued struggles.
Im fighting to stay out of the hospital myself and keep my o2 up because of current protocols they would assume it was covid and that would royally mess me up and I would refuse a vent(I would never come off of it) and they would refuse a high pressure bipap which is what I usualy get when this happens.
It happens every few years, go in to ER get a higher setting bipap with high o2 flow and strong steroids for 24 hours or so then high flow o2 for a day or 2 then home with my home oxygen equipment and bipap and steroids.
Trying to get some prednisone but have to wait till Monday.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
They just added more zip codes! Maybe this includes your area?

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 8.59.09 AM.png

@missy thanks! My zip code wasn't listed but I was able to order from them anyway. My son ate 3 croissants in one sitting! And it turns out that 21 macarons wasn't too much for a family of 4!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im fighting to stay out of the hospital myself and keep my o2 up because of current protocols they would assume it was covid and that would royally mess me up and I would refuse a vent(I would never come off of it) and they would refuse a high pressure bipap which is what I usualy get when this happens.
It happens every few years, go in to ER get a higher setting bipap with high o2 flow and strong steroids for 24 hours or so then high flow o2 for a day or 2 then home with my home oxygen equipment and bipap and steroids.

Good luck, Karl. Happy Easter. Prayers outgoing. Prayers for you and your DH, too, TooPatient. It's been a long haul.

Deb

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry you are struggling. I'll be hoping your Dr can get you something for home use that helps you avoid the hospital. Definitely not a place for people with breathing issues to be right now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number of lives lost i NYC overnight April 10th: 783 died. :(

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 9.34.51 AM.png

Some hopeful news...more recovered

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 9.35.25 AM.png

World info:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Honestly I'm not really worried About catching the virus. For the better half of March I was down with flu like symptoms after my sister travelled and came home from Japan. I came to see a doctor At a Covid Center but wasn’t tested because there was a shortage of test kits. But I was classified as a PUM or person under monitoring. I’m recovered since then. Again am I worried about catching Covid? No. Am I worried about passing it on (if ever I do get infected) to other specially to my mom? Yes. There I have been on strict isolation and quarantine for a month now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe sleep prone on stomach

That’s what I was thinking. There’s a video going around with lung exercises. I will try to find it..At the end the doctor says to end on your stomach because your lungs are closer to your back. BRB

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s what I was thinking. There’s a video going around with lung exercises. I will try to find it..At the end the doctor says to end on your stomach because your lungs are closer to your back. BRB

Here you go. From @Daisys and Diamonds

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results