shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you still in love???

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my upgrade 11 years ago (so hard to believe it's been that long!), and yes, I'm still in love with its simple beauty. I still gaze at it and smile, I still check it out in new lighting situations, and I still give my mom a light show in the elevator going up to her doctors office. :bigsmile: ::) I just recently said to someone else on here, this is it for life. I am content.
nwr5161-jpg.45289

:love:

nwr5096-jpg.57751

love1.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my upgrade 11 years ago (so hard to believe it's been that long!), and yes, I'm still in love with its simple beauty. I still gaze at it and smile, I still check it out in new lighting situations, and I still give my mom a light show in the elevator going up to her doctors office. :bigsmile: ::) I just recently said to someone else on here, this is it for life. I am content.
nwr5161-jpg.45289

nwr5096-jpg.57751

love1.gif

A timeless classic and oh so beautiful.:love: You cannot mess with perfection and this ring is perfection dear @Ellen. Stunning.:kiss2:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
A timeless classic and oh so beautiful.:love: You cannot mess with perfection and this ring is perfection dear @Ellen. Stunning.:kiss2:
Aww, fank you miss!
kiss.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nwr5161-jpg.45289

nwr5096-jpg.57751

love1.gif

Ellen, you and I joined PS 2 days apart from each other, 12 years ago! We were looking for similar diamonds. I couldn't find the right 1.4 and ended up with a 1.6 that I kept telling Jon was too big for the next few years and I needed to sell or trade it! Eventually I wanted an AVR, but his stock was soooo limited and I really didn't want to go below H color. I eventually had no choice to look at I color because it was the highest he had in over 1.5 ct diamonds. Long story short (he had a 1.8 (too tinted), 2.1, and 2.3ct), I ended up with a 2.3 ct that I still worry is too big! But the good news is, I have had it for 5 years and have zero desire to upgrade in size! I love your ring and think you made a great choice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So just looking at all the responses. Thanks for sharing awesome PSers. I have worn a fake step cut on and off and really like it. But I am coming back to MK. Everything about the ring is perfect. The setting is a perfect home for her. I’m the one with the problem. I take her for granted. I’m going to continue to collect some branded pieces that I wear a lot rather than keep thinking about replacing her. I think I would regret it if I did. She was showing off the other day.
4FB0A801-05D2-4361-9195-AA0CCFD7467A.jpeg 60F68BE9-BE86-49F3-8302-9FD1C0F3DCD6.jpeg DB78B0F1-0EB8-44FA-AB22-5B9AA2DEAE61.jpeg FE199F62-1BCE-4072-959D-8A36E748151B.jpeg

I am so glad you are appreciating your gorgeous ring! I think it is hard to limit ourselves to just one ring or one setting when there are so many choices. But when you have an outstanding one like MK, adding another ring eventually would be the best option to satisfy the desire of loving something else. I added the antique asscher which I like pretty much equally, and the light yellow AVR, also. I am telling myself no more diamond rings, because I rarely wear any but the first AVR!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you are appreciating your gorgeous ring! I think it is hard to limit ourselves to just one ring or one setting when there are so many choices. But when you have an outstanding one like MK, adding another ring eventually would be the best option to satisfy the desire of loving something else. I added the antique asscher which I like pretty much equally, and the light yellow AVR, also. I am telling myself no more diamond rings, because I rarely wear any but the first AVR!!!!
Thank you DS. It’s interesting to know that you reach for your AVR more than any other ring still. :mrgreen2:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, you and I joined PS 2 days apart from each other, 12 years ago! We were looking for similar diamonds. I couldn't find the right 1.4 and ended up with a 1.6 that I kept telling Jon was too big for the next few years and I needed to sell or trade it! Eventually I wanted an AVR, but his stock was soooo limited and I really didn't want to go below H color. I eventually had no choice to look at I color because it was the highest he had in over 1.5 ct diamonds. Long story short (he had a 1.8 (too tinted), 2.1, and 2.3ct), I ended up with a 2.3 ct that I still worry is too big! But the good news is, I have had it for 5 years and have zero desire to upgrade in size! I love your ring and think you made a great choice!
I ended up with that 1.4. ;)) and I still grin at you thinking that 1.6 was too big, and then look at you now! :bigsmile: I hope you continue to be content with that upgrade, but if not, well......
hehe23.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
nwr5161-jpg.45289

nwr5096-jpg.57751

love1.gif
I have always admired your ring. Both the setting and diamond are really perfect.:love:

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock

DS, I feel like we are similar with regard to desired specs and have similar center stones now. Do you ever question your choice of the I? I really, really love my ring but had colorless ingrained in me for so long my brain plays tricks with me sometimes.;-) I just wonder if anyone else who has made the color drop feels the same?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
So just looking at all the responses. Thanks for sharing awesome PSers. I have worn a fake step cut on and off and really like it. But I am coming back to MK. Everything about the ring is perfect. The setting is a perfect home for her. I’m the one with the problem. I take her for granted. I’m going to continue to collect some branded pieces that I wear a lot rather than keep thinking about replacing her. I think I would regret it if I did. She was showing off the other day.
4FB0A801-05D2-4361-9195-AA0CCFD7467A.jpeg 60F68BE9-BE86-49F3-8302-9FD1C0F3DCD6.jpeg DB78B0F1-0EB8-44FA-AB22-5B9AA2DEAE61.jpeg FE199F62-1BCE-4072-959D-8A36E748151B.jpeg

Well, loving a certain piece is obviously so very personal and completely subjective.

I recall meeting a very lovely & wise man in Positano Italy. As I lamented wanting to move there from New York City, this incredible man said to me, "You cannot move everywhere you love, nor can you own everything you want...TRAVEL where you love and be GRATEFUL for what you have."

I absolutely covet large (3+ carat) Asscher Cut Diamond Rings. But I know I will never own one. And I learned a very hard lesson about loving something (a ring) that absolutely did not work for me...not one bit.

With that said and FWIW, you know I think your Victor Canera Octagonal is far and above one of the most exquisite pieces ever here on PS. That's just my opinion. Now, I am a very basic, simple person and I do NOT own multiple exquisite diamond pieces and rings like so many here on PS. But to me, your ring is gorgeous. It's always been one of my favorite pieces, bar none. And I also love the ring on your hand (in photos, of course...I've never seen it IRL) and to me, the entire piece is glorious!

Maybe over time, you can add to your collection and get that Step Cut you love. Don't let that desire detract from your happiness with your VC ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great topic LLJsmom!

I received my 1.96 OEC in 2012 and I still love it a lot. I did come down with DSS after about a year so I reset it into a Simon G vintage style halo in 2013 and the added sparkle and finger coverage cured me. Once in a great while I consider resetting it, but I think that's just due to all the beautiful settings I see here on PS. I'm really happy with my ring and enjoy wearing it.

img_4994.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great topic LLJsmom!

I received my 1.96 OEC in 2012 and I still love it a lot. I did come down with DSS after about a year so I reset it into a Simon G vintage style halo in 2013 and the added sparkle and finger coverage cured me. Once in a great while I consider resetting it, but I think that's just due to all the beautiful settings I see here on PS. I'm really happy with my ring and enjoy wearing it.

img_4994.jpg
June, I love your ring too. It is just really beautiful and that setting shows off the OEC wonderfully. :kiss2: It has some serious presence and completely covers your entire finger. :love::love::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, loving a certain piece is obviously so very personal and completely subjective.

I recall meeting a very lovely & wise man in Positano Italy. As I lamented wanting to move there from New York City, this incredible man said to me, "You cannot move everywhere you love, nor can you own everything you want...TRAVEL where you love and be GRATEFUL for what you have."

I absolutely covet large (3+ carat) Asscher Cut Diamond Rings. But I know I will never own one. And I learned a very hard lesson about loving something (a ring) that absolutely did not work for me...not one bit.

With that said and FWIW, you know I think your Victor Canera Octagonal is far and above one of the most exquisite pieces ever here on PS. That's just my opinion. Now, I am a very basic, simple person and I do NOT own multiple exquisite diamond pieces and rings like so many here on PS. But to me, your ring is gorgeous. It's always been one of my favorite pieces, bar none. And I also love the ring on your hand (in photos, of course...I've never seen it IRL) and to me, the entire piece is glorious!

Maybe over time, you can add to your collection and get that Step Cut you love. Don't let that desire detract from your happiness with your VC ring.
Thank you @tlfiore for your very kind words. They mean so much to me. That was a wise man you met in Positano. The ridiculous thing is that if I were to see my ring at a jewelry store and if I were to try it on, I would be floored and would completely fall in love with it. But because I already own it, I don’t appreciate it the way I should. Kwim? The little ironies of life. I just remind myself of how I felt when I first laid eyes on MK, back in October of 2016. Thank you for the lovely compliments and your wise advice.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Great advice, real words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, I feel like we are similar with regard to desired specs and have similar center stones now. Do you ever question your choice of the I? I really, really love my ring but had colorless ingrained in me for so long my brain plays tricks with me sometimes.;-) I just wonder if anyone else who has made the color drop feels the same?

If there had been a G or H like my AVR anywhere from 2-2.3 cts, I would have gone with the higher color at the time I bought this one. The cut comes first for me, so that is why I still have this diamond. Yoram did a beautiful job with the facet pattern and overall cut, so I know I was fortunate to get this stone. I have not seen a higher color (equal in cut) AVR to trade for since I got this one, so I don't really think about it anymore.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I love your ring too. It is just really beautiful and that setting shows off the OEC wonderfully. :kiss2: It has some serious presence and completely covers your entire finger. :love::love::love:

Thank you @LLJsmom! =)2

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
@Phoenix not sure if you mention this later on in this thread, but I’m curious if there’s a particular super blingy solitaire setting you had in mind by Leon Mege? If so, which one?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Have had a 1.5c square emerald for over 11 years now and still love it. Had to reset it a couple of years ago, so had an opportunity to change the setting but instead opted to keep it as identical to original as possible.

I'm extremely sentimental about my e-ring, so I won't change it, but have thought about getting a transitional cut RHR. I put it on the back burner since we were paying for the wedding, then buying a house, then having children. Now I rarely think about it. Maybe the RHR bug will bite someday.

I have my parents' plain gold bands on my dresser. They wore them every day for 30+ years--my fathers is so thin it's almost worn through. I find so much beauty in the simplicity of those bands.

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
nwr5161-jpg.45289

nwr5096-jpg.57751

love1.gif
Oh, @Ellen!!! Your set is BEAUTIFUL!!! What crisp, bright and lovely facets!!! There's no need to improve on perfection! You got it right the first time! I wouldn't trade this for the world, if I were you!!!
Congratulations and wear this stunning set well!!! :) <3

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, @Ellen!!! Your set is BEAUTIFUL!!! What crisp, bright and lovely facets!!! There's no need to improve on perfection! You got it right the first time! I wouldn't trade this for the world, if I were you!!!
Congratulations and wear this stunning set well!!! :) <3
Thank you Blingalingaling!! ::)

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
I've always adored jewelry and stones so I doubt that my ogling will ever stop.:P2 It's been aprx. 2 years & I still love this boxy diamond even though I'm usually drawn to the classic, taller ECs. (Specs and more pix here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...hers-a-collection.113993/page-36#post-4077567

I think the only thing I miss, at times, is the brushed/matte bezel setting I had w/ my last diamond. I still love that look but the stone sat higher in that ring. I would catch/knock it on things quite often so I would have to find a different sort of bezel ring design. It's a thought that floats by occasionally but I'm not burning for a re-set.

I'll wear my fitted set most of times but some days, I'll do a plain wed. band for a gappy look ...or I'll wear a simple band &/or an eternity on my left hand and the square ec as a RHR.
JACcollage1.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always adored jewelry and stones so I doubt that my ogling will ever stop.:P2 It's been aprx. 2 years & I still love this boxy diamond even though I'm usually drawn to the classic, taller ECs. (Specs and more pix here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...hers-a-collection.113993/page-36#post-4077567

I think the only thing I miss, at times, is the brushed/matte bezel setting I had w/ my last diamond. I still love that look but the stone sat higher in that ring. I would catch/knock it on things quite often so I would have to find a different sort of bezel ring design. It's a thought that floats by occasionally but I'm not burning for a re-set.

I'll wear my fitted set most of times but some days, I'll do a plain wed. band for a gappy look ...or I'll wear a simple band &/or an eternity on my left hand and the square ec as a RHR.
JACcollage1.jpg

W:kiss2:W, LOVE LOVE LOVE your rings @VoldeNuit. Beautiful.:love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I am still in love and have no desire to change diamond or setting ever again! :love:

It was a long expensive road to get here but glad to have reached my destination.

20180220_120327.jpg upload_2018-2-16_16-6-51.png

LKCalifornia

Rough_Rock
We always read threads on people going through the search for the stone or the attaining the perfect setting. However we don’t see many update threads. So I am curious how people who have had their ring/stone for at least a year are feeling. If you feel comfortable can we get some updates, thoughts, lessons learned and a recent pic? After all, this is a SMTB thread.

I’ll start. I have had my VC setting for a year. I do still really love it. However I will admit that I do miss seeing the round outline of my stone. Before I got this setting I was worried that I would miss it. And I do. I would consider getting a solitaire setting that I would switch the stone into if I miss the solitaire look too much. I also have discovered that I really do want a step cut. I may get one or maybe even get rid of this stone altogether and start over. No immediate plans to make any changes. I will live with it for as long as I can and see what happens. And surprisingly I wear it with my VCA perlee band the most now.
F9434F8F-9A6E-4611-9B39-3C09A9E46FF9.jpeg

We always read threads on people going through the search for the stone or the attaining the perfect setting. However we don’t see many update threads. So I am curious how people who have had their ring/stone for at least a year are feeling. If you feel comfortable can we get some updates, thoughts, lessons learned and a recent pic? After all, this is a SMTB thread.

I’ll start. I have had my VC setting for a year. I do still really love it. However I will admit that I do miss seeing the round outline of my stone. Before I got this setting I was worried that I would miss it. And I do. I would consider getting a solitaire setting that I would switch the stone into if I miss the solitaire look too much. I also have discovered that I really do want a step cut. I may get one or maybe even get rid of this stone altogether and start over. No immediate plans to make any changes. I will live with it for as long as I can and see what happens. And surprisingly I wear it with my VCA perlee band the most now.
F9434F8F-9A6E-4611-9B39-3C09A9E46FF9.jpeg
Would you mind telling me if your VCA perlee band is the small model or the medium model? The scale is difficult to determine from a computer monitor. Thanks!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you mind telling me if your VCA perlee band is the small model or the medium model? The scale is difficult to determine from a computer monitor. Thanks!
Smallest one.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
995392A0-3900-4A7C-8DBF-C896039A02C4.jpeg I love my diamond. 2.52 I si2. Love it. Love it so much that I love to swap its dresses. Lol. In all seriousness, I doubt that I will ever upgrade my stone for several reasons. So in the meantime, I keep things fresh swapping out my settings. Here’s an old favorite. Revised. I added 2 wraps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results