shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you going to wear the skinny jeans and leggings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, no, no, NO!!! My azz is big enough without going out of my way to emphasize it! There will be no skinny jeans here.
38.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
No way! I could wear them, but I am NOT going back to that look. It also looks really stupid on anyone over 40 IMHO. I just got an email from Bloomies with "The new proportion". I guess my old proportion of tighter tops with boot cut jeans will be looking dated. I am on the busty side and don''t need a big top to make me look dumpy on top. My legs are slim, but I just can''t see redoing my entire closet, especially when I just bought my Paige jeans! LOL

BTW...you can get pants in different rises at Oldnavy and www.oldnavy.com and at ann taylor loft and their online stores. I like ones that are "just below the waist" best, I think. I can''t wear at the waist and don''t think they look good on too many people. The low/ultra-low are annoying most of the time.

0809prop_01.jpg

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the bottom 1/2!

0809prop_02.jpg

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
The way the trends are going, I predict that shoulder pads will be back in two seasons.

And NO, I will never EVER wear leggings with a loose top or even skinny jeans. I suffer from "turkey leg" syndrome, and I had worn the leggings with the top in elementary school and part of middle school. Never again. I look back at my 9-12 year old pictures and cringe.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I can''t believe they are trying to bring back this trend. No freaking way!

I happened to see the movie "Look who''s Talking" with Kirstie Alley and John Travolta on TV the other day and she was wearing that 80''s look.

I was saying to myself "what were we thinking back then?".

In those days she wasn''t even fat but those baggy sweaters over her hips and no waistline made her look even worse than she looks now.

You never see the "what not to wear" show recommending this look. All they do is try to get people to STOP wearing it. UGH!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2006 7:36:56 AM
Author: ladykemma
i went on a fruitless search for black slacks to wear with blazers. school starts next week

I have a high waist with huge pear shaped hips. Well, all the black pants i tried on have that low waistband. i wouldn''t even call it a waistband it was a buttband. very frustrating.

suggestions? i heard jc penney had normal waist pants - will try that.

I have a few recomendations for pants:

Ann Taylor--they have several lengths and rises and cuts, some of which flatter curvey girls

Express--they also have different lengths and cuts, my favorites are the publicist pants

Limited--My current favorite pants came from there. They have several different styles of pants as well. And they were having a pretty good sale on them last week. (maybe it''s still on)

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Am I going to wear.......

2 words....

HECK NO!

Raspberry

Rough_Rock
I''m in the minority here but I like this look. I''m not thin enough to wear the super skinnies, although I would like to, so I''ll have to keep looking to find a pair that works. So far I''ve only bought the slimmer straight cut versions. I think the dark washes and clean lines are a refreshing alternative to the fading, embesllishments, and rips that have been popular for several years.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i actually read a big article thing on the jeans and leggings in people last week and it recommended ''straight jeans'' for those of us who are not stick thin....they have a wider ankle but not as big as a flare or bootcut. anyhow kinda interesting, it says straight is pretty flattering for most body types. levi has a nice looking pair of low slung straights that i might try...but skinny no way! and leggings no way! hehe.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
O.K. - so does this mean that boot cut or flare is out of style? Or does it mean that skinny is the trend?

Well, since I have small hips, thinner legs and carry my weight more in my midsectin - I like the shiloute of skinny pants flowing top.
9.gif

Nope, not going to go super straight. BUT - man do I remember how comfy leggings were. BRING BACK THE STIRRUP PANTS! Those were like wearing your P.J.''s. I wore them w/ boots & a blazer that covered my butt.
9.gif

Also, if you have a larger foot size, it can make you look silly.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 4:46:21 PM
Author: fire&ice
O.K. - so does this mean that boot cut or flare is out of style? Or does it mean that skinny is the trend?
Can someone answer this question before I go out and embarrass myself with flares? Bootcuts?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they will always be in, but maybe I am wrong..skinny jeans are in addition, but I just don''t see people abandoning the other...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 4:46:21 PM
Author: fire&ice
HI:

I always undertood that boot cut was one of the "best sellers" for Levi''s.....I dunno, have times have changed or do folks just wear what they like and are comfy?

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually the mag i read addressed that F&I...they said flares and bootcuts are not OUT at all , but we will just see less of them. so go ahead and wear yours, i am totally going to wear mine!

Raspberry

Rough_Rock
Most magazines are predicting that skinnies and straight-legs will be the "it" jean for a least a couple more seasons. I don''t think bootcut jeans can be totally out since they''re a very flattering cut on most bodies. Flares are a different story, though, I haven''t seen anyone wear those for a long time.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 7:49:02 PM
Author: Raspberry
Most magazines are predicting that skinnies and straight-legs will be the ''it'' jean for a least a couple more seasons. I don''t think bootcut jeans can be totally out since they''re a very flattering cut on most bodies. Flares are a different story, though, I haven''t seen anyone wear those for a long time.
Could someone define or show me a pic of "flare" jeans? Maybe it''s my shape - but boot cuts look like flares on me - it covers my feet for the most part.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
when i think of flares, they are less wide than bootcut. i am not thinking of flares like the brady bunch or anything like that. i have some flare AG jeans that are not bootcut but are not skinny. they are more inbetween.

from what i have read, skinny, straight, flare then bootcut are all popular and appropriate for wear. skinny is something like 4" in width up to bootcut which is something like 13"? i think. i have to dig out that mag that outlined all this. it was interesting to see how the inch size of the leg differed !

Raspberry

Rough_Rock
Actually, it''s bootcut jeans that are in between a straigh leg and a flare.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
how odd, my flares from AG are not nearly as wide as my bootcut....maybe there's another word for it. i don't have any large 'flares'.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I always though flares were wider than bootcut as well... ???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
according to some websites, they are, but it seems like bootcut and flare are two kind of nebulous terms. some sites say that flare is 18-23" but yet others say that flare is more like 20-23" and bootcut is 17-20" or something similar. so it seems like maybe they intersect.

anyway mine have just a tiny flare, smaller than my bootcuts but not straight...i didn''t find out what THOSE are. curious.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2006 10:46:20 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

hahahahahahahahaaaa, Oh you were serious? Sorry, but not this time.
2.gif

Altho, I can see wearing them under a tunic or jumper---kinda cute trend...but I''ll leave that for they much younger trendsetters.....

cheers--Sharon
HI:

OKOK...eating my words.....went out looking for some narrow velet-like cords in black...haven''t found anything like that yet, BUT I did see some skinny black jeans at Buffalo--tried them on for the hell of it and gulp...I loved them! Had a hard time leaving them behind cuz they''d be fab with that Diesel shirt/jacket....they are not out of the running yet!!!!
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i SO can''t get beyond my mental block from the 80''s on black jeans! i know that people have been wearing them since then but i bought a pair thinking i could pull it off and they just sat in the closet. i just keep thinking black acid washed with pegged legs...aaaah!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/27/2006 6:37:22 PM
Author: Mara
i SO can''t get beyond my mental block from the 80''s on black jeans! i know that people have been wearing them since then but i bought a pair thinking i could pull it off and they just sat in the closet. i just keep thinking black acid washed with pegged legs...aaaah!!!!!
HI:

LOL! Oh I know--Pat Benitar big hair and all; it surprised the heck out of me--nuthin ''80''s about these hunies..well not much anyway
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NM-0TDC_mp.jpg

OK, I think these are actually stirrup pants. From NM.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NM-0RCH_mp.jpg

Skinny denim''s in black. From NM.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NM-0PJH_mp.jpg

These slacks are wool. Valentino. From NM.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NM-0QPU_mp.jpg

Ah, I was looking for these skiiny cords today. NM again.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NM-0RBF_mp.jpg

These with velvet trim. I like them. No big shoulders and hair, just nice jeans! All from NM online.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2006 7:36:56 AM
Author: ladykemma
i went on a fruitless search for black slacks to wear with blazers. school starts next week

I have a high waist with huge pear shaped hips. Well, all the black pants i tried on have that low waistband. i wouldn''t even call it a waistband it was a buttband. very frustrating.

suggestions? i heard jc penney had normal waist pants - will try that.

I second someone''s recommendation for Ann Taylor''s pants.

I have a 28 inch waist but 40 inch hips -- what a pain! Ann Taylor does have one fit that hits right AT the waist, but I love their pants that hit like one inch below the waist. Ann Taylor''s pants accommodate my hips and they are very, very nice pants -- the lining is wonderful and they are flattering and well made. I would say give them a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results