shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you going to wear the skinny jeans and leggings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
It was me who started the Target jean thread. For $14 you can''t beat them. Anyway, I also found cute boots at Target. Here they are. They''re not real leather but fabric, but they look super cute with the skinny jeans. They are platform with a high heal. Very comfortable and on sale for $29.99 this week. They''re Isaac Mizrahi brand. The longer IM boots are also very flattering. I actually like the fabric boots better for work because they aren''t as hot.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=sc_pgb_r_7_0_1041816/601-5827933-5177722?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000F8IS56

targetboots.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh sorry, IslandDream. You get the credit for sending me to Target. I don''t usually think of them for jeans but this time I decided to give it a try. My daughter who has the $150 Sevens and Citizens for Humanity said she''s going to get some like mine. At least that way if they are out of style by January, youu''ve gotten your money''s worth after a few wearings!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, Island Dreams, those boots are exactly what I need! Back to Target . . .

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i so don''t love the ankle boots!!! esp the suede ones, those are SO 80''s. that mental block thing again!

so i had some time to kill before a dentist appt today so went to target and could not for the life of me find the skinny or straight jeans. a few were labeled straight but the waists and the rise were totally too high and not what i was interested in at all. they also looked like they had a big butt on them or something. kinda fullish. anyway...i thought no way! so instead i got some workout gear. hahaa. but i was bummed! i was looking fwd to seeing the target jeans that you guys were raving about. maybe i will have to visit the one near my house at some point soon. i hardly ever get over there!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I know what you mean about the ankle boots--I love them with jeans (you know, when you can''t see how high they go!), but I keep seeing them with skirts, and I can''t see how that''s a good look.
14.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--You're right about the jeans at Target labeled straight. I tried those first thinking they'd be more like the Levi's ones you posted. It was definitely the "mom jean" look with baggy butt and all. But the skinny ones are better. Maybe your area didn't get them.

I agree on the boots. I like the short boots with jeans....not tucked in. I'd never wear them with skirts a la Madonna in 1983.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funny anecdote..yesterday I went out to walk Portia and saw one of our neighbors...this gal with 2 dogs she shares with her BF. She is young, about 22 or 23, cute, small, friendly. Anyway...she was decked out in all the trends! I thought it was so funny. She had on lace leggings that stopped at her calf...actually they were solid and then the ends were lace edged. And wool shorts over the leggings. And an argyle kind of fitted gray and black sweater. But the best part were the shoes. 3-4" stiletto kinda boot heel things...and she''s out walking the dogs in these things! Her dogs are LABS by the way so they end up dragging her along since she weighs a buck o''five or less. Anyway, she looked cute but I was just cracking up thinking YEAH i could SO never get away with that look. She was barely pulling it off herself. hehee. But it made me think of this thread and the 80''s discussions. hehee.

ID..this Target where I was at was in kind of a funny area...not trendy really. So I might have better luck with the one near my house since it''s more like in downtown of my city which is quite large. So we''ll see!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, that IS funny, Mara! I remember those lace-edged leggings! I used to have a pair of white ones and black ones too....junior high I think maybe. But for myself, I draw the line at plain leggings.
9.gif

I think that the young ''uns can pull off the multi-trend-extravaganza look (early to late 20''s?) but I think that if you''re a little more, uh, well-seasoned, wearing ONE trendy item at a time is pleeeenty.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This thread is way to long for me to read at this point!!! LOL....

I have to say that b/c I was off from work this week, I spent some time in the city (NYC)...and I saw many ladies in the skinny jeans...there was a lot of ugly going on!!! BUT, there were a few who really looked cute!!! I am shocked that I totally would wear skinny jeans!!! LOL...I'm a convert!!! But of course I'm SO not going to wear them LOL b/c I have broad shoulders and that is a HORRIBLE look with the skinny!!!

One gal was pushing her baby stoller in dark skinny jeans with a semi fitted black sweater on the longer side with a pair of black flats. Really adorable!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm the skinny jeans look great with longer shirts and sweater supposedly! i also have broad shoulders so i would just wear something that maybe was fitted up top and then flared out around my hip or similar to balance me out a bit.

lol kristy yeah i think her age totally lets her pull it off, i would look ridiculous in that outfit she had on! even she was borderline. hehe.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely. In fact, when I was looking at coats today and turned down just about every one, I explained to hubby that need a shape that is a little shaped at the waste with a teeny tiny flare to balance out my shoulders....I definitely can''t wear skinny jeans though...I''ll stick to straight legs/ever so slightly flared pants...People''s Style issue has some cute ideas with skinny jeans...

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I like the skinny jeans only with the big boots, not out with shoes/heels...I think you have to have super skinny thighs to pull it off otherwise, (and I'm like a size 3 but cannot pull it off b/c I've got a booty) and it looks kind of silly to me. Although I'd prob just get a boot cut jean rather than my usual flare and tuck 'em into boots rather than the skinnys so I can wear them otherwise.

I tend to prefer the skinny jean and boot look more with a longer fitted top though, otherwise I feel too exposed.

I admit, I make fun of this look, but am intrigued by it and want to try it out. haha

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I just finished my project for the day--I got out my sewing machine and skinnied up three pairs of pants that I still really like except for being too flare-y. I didn't actually make them "skinny"--didn't think that would look right--just straight. Pretty quick and easy to do if you have very basic sewing skills and access to a sewing machine.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Well today I happened to go into Express where I never shop anymore. They had skinny jeans (the style is called X2) that started out at $59.50 and I got them on sale for $12.77. They fit well and they''re cute and if I only wear them once ha ha, I''m not out much. I just need to get them hemmed. Talk about luck. This is after I came close to buying some skinny jeans at J Crew today for $88.00.
4.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so i was at loehmann''s the other day and they had a really cute pair of Seven skinny jeans. fit like a glove...except..THEY WERE SO NOT FLATTERING! my legs are kind of skinnyish in general but man. it made my butt and thighs look like they belonged to a hippo and then my knees and calves looked likethey were kindling twigs. the only way i could see wearing those is if i did the tucked in jean boots thing. which i dont plan to do at this point. so i figured i wouldnt pay $79 for them. sticking with my AE straight jeans....which people have called skinny jeans when they see me in them so i figure it''s kind of like the real thing.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results