shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you going to wear the skinny jeans and leggings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I did it the first time around as well and when I was thinner after my 7th child, I could pull it off in the winter. But I am heavier now by about 20+ lbs., older, wiser and will not subject the public to me in any of this!
emotion-20.gif

The first time was enough. It comes off as a look better left to celebrities and the younger, thinner set of us.

mia15

Shiny_Rock
My heart sinks whenever I hear it mentioned...I just don''t think I can. I may wear jeans tucked into boots when it snows, so those won''t be boot cut.
I guess I''ll just be wearing a lot of skirts this year!

Has anyone noticed if this is a general trend for pants besides jeans? We''re not expected to wear skinny work pants, right? The thing with boot cuts are that they''re so balancing for the hips. I can''t imagine giving up a cut which fits the body so well.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
EWW! No no no no no!!!

I also think you have to be a stick..with very narrow shoulders to wear that...having the legs so skinny and tapered, it is bound to make you look like a line-backer!

BTW, my black and purple pin-striped, skinny leg, zipper ankle jeeps in 5th grade RULED! LOL

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moresie you are full of it, you know you want to wear those skinny jeans with your lovely shoeboots again!!
41.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Egad. I wore them the first time around.

Except my zipper-ankled jeans were perched above... granny boots. That's right. I admitted it.

Back then I was thrilled they gave me curves. Now I have curves, and I don't need to feel like my behind is several times the size it actually is.

Not to mention that the waists of those babies were so high and tight as to cut off circulation if you bend over. Now I have squoosh to squish, and I do NOT want to repeat that with the addition.
32.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I will not wear skinny jeans. I am not a fan of them & I dont'' think they''ll be around for long. They were out a couple of years ago & they faded after one season. I dunno why they came back again!

I actually like leggings with a mini skirt - only because I am sick of seeing young girls showing their entire leg to the whole world! I think I''m probably too conservative, but I just don''t like to show or see that much skin!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no way. leggings remind me of when i was in HS...bad trend then, bad trend now!! and the leggings with skirts or whatever over them, no way.

skinny jeans, no way. i am blessed with skinny legs but my thighs and butt somehow missed the calling so they are kind of bigger so i am not THAT well proportioned with my skinny legs (calves and lower thighs) so i feel like as cinderella put it in another thread ''a turkey drumstick'' with anything that shows off that shape, so ixnay on the skinny jeans.

those are two trends i hope are gone soon. SO not into the look even on skinny girls. i don''t think either look is all that flattering, the tights/leggings tend to cut you in half visually and make you look shorter and the skinny jeans just show off your skinny boy shape if you CAN wear them, which i don''t think is all that appealing either.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
There are certain fashion trends I, rather unfortunately, embraced as an 8th grader that I will eschew as an adult.

Skinny leg jeans and leggings are the two worst. I have the pics to prove it. Back then, I could say well, I was 12. I though it looked cool.

I got no excuse now!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
the whole "skinny" trend started in europe and great britain.. .. men and women alike have been wearing this style for ages..... true to form.. it''s taken awhile for it to reach the states... but you will be seeing this move towards skinny silhouettes increase in the future. jeans, leggings, slim fit pants, even men''s suits are already taking a cue from european slim fashion.

it''s no shocker that i think it is nice to see something a bit different this season.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
ok.. can''t make this stuff up... lookie what i just got in my inbox... subject line "are my pants too tight?"

tight pants eeewww.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/3/2006 3:43:56 PM
Author: Mara
MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!
AUGH! *rip* ahhh... so much better.
10.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
to wear jeans that tight, ya gotta have bal........ oops right
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Jenjen

Rough_Rock
There are no words, really.

yucky_pantthings.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/3/2006 3:33:23 PM
Author: vizsla
ok.. can''t make this stuff up... lookie what i just got in my inbox... subject line ''are my pants too tight?''
GROSS!!!

And I bet he thinks he looks good!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just showed my husband the picture of that guy and first he screamed and then he laughed so hard he cried (while clutching his bal*s the whole time).

'Nuff said.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok.. can't make this stuff up... lookie what i just got in my inbox... subject line 'are my pants too tight?'
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!
9.gif
Yuck, thanks for the laugh, showing Hubby that one!
11.gif
Those pants would make the Bee Gees jealous and look exceedingly painful
23.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Eww skinny jeans. I could cringe. I know about 3 people who look good in those, and they are so skinny and gorgeous that they could wear a bunch of walmart sacks taped together and look good. The only time people should ever consider taper type jeans is if you live somewhere where it is freezing and need to tuck them into your boots. Ir if you plan to cuff them and wear them with adorable heels. otherwise, why??? Sure they make your legs look skinny, but they make thighs/butts look large.

As far as Leggings go... well, I came across an OLD copy of seventeen the other day, and inside everyone was sporting them. All I could think was "wow, why was anyone ever convinced that looked good?" I feel the same way about ponchos, ugg boots, and scrunchies (th

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Not a fan of the skinny jeans, but I actually like the leggings under the denim mini skirt look ON THE TEENAGERS. At least with the leggings they're covered up. You know you're getting old when you see a group of 13 to 16 yr old girls at the movies and think "they're too young to be wearing skirts that short!" My mom would have been proud.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was quite thin and hope to be soon again (working on it)...when I was in high school and college in the 1980's that was in style. I was 5 foot 5 inches and a little bit, and about 115 pounds. I wore the zippered jeans, the leggings, the wide belts, the torn sweat shirts...at 40 I am not so sure I would revisit the whole thing entirely. I have some leggings and stuff for summer to wear with tunics and belts, but overall think it is A: not the greatest look and B: a bit too young for me to carry even though I do not look my age. The guy with the too tight pants photo, by the way, is the nastiest and funniest thing I think I have ever seen!

ETA: I agree generally that if you recall the trend from the first time around it is likely best to skip it this time. And I think some of these fashion designers are laughing their rears off when they see some of the people in the clothes. It is one thing to be Gisele or Heidi on the runway, but in real life a lot of that stuff looks plain ridiculous. My son who is almost 14 laughs at some of the stuff I wear. I admit I wear UGGS for comfort in the winter, and even though some claim they are not stylish now, I still see them in the stores. There are times I am all about comfort and style be damned...

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
ewwww!!!!!!

No way on skinny jeans. i dont like tapered bottom jeans. period. they are not flattering!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/3/2006 8:05:37 PM
Author: Ann

ok.. can''t make this stuff up... lookie what i just got in my inbox... subject line ''are my pants too tight?''
GROSS!!!

And I bet he thinks he looks good!
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

The only person that ever pulled that look off (sort of) was Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin...

On another note...went shopping and the damn store was full of leggings!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock

Ahhh!!!! That has got to be one of the nastiest things I''ve ever seen Vizla
40.gif
14.gif
I agree with Mara, I have suffered the horrible burning of that image into my eyes. Eeeuhhh!

As for tight pants on me, no way, not my style.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Not in a million years will you catch me wearing either trend!!! This year''s fashion is very unfriendly to those pear shaped folks out there- except for waist belts.

I will continue to wear my beautifully shaped clothes rather than wear trends. The goal is to have as few pictures as possible 20 years from now that I''ll say "What was I thinking when I wore that!!??"

It''s just best to stay classic with just a hint of trends here and there. Pencil skirts are really big this season too which is a lot less dangerous than skinny jeans...

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i went on a fruitless search for black slacks to wear with blazers. school starts next week

I have a high waist with huge pear shaped hips. Well, all the black pants i tried on have that low waistband. i wouldn''t even call it a waistband it was a buttband. very frustrating.

suggestions? i heard jc penney had normal waist pants - will try that.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think maybe a thin 9 year old could wear them. I have had three kids and while I do not think I look too bad, honestly, most of the cuts on pants are NOT flattering. Do these designers hate us?

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Stopped by the mall yesterday. It was filled with skinny jeans, leggins and tunics. Flash backs to 1983 were coming in my head.

Got home and told my husband about the new trends.

He told me he loved the new look out this year.

Shocked...I asked him why....

He said, "Because I know you won''t wear the skinny jeans & leggins....so you won''t be spending much money on clothes this fall!"

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2006 8:42:49 AM
Author: IslandDreams
Stopped by the mall yesterday. It was filled with skinny jeans, leggins and tunics. Flash backs to 1983 were coming in my head.

Got home and told my husband about the new trends.

He told me he loved the new look out this year.

Shocked...I asked him why....

He said, ''Because I know you won''t wear the skinny jeans & leggins....so you won''t be spending much money on clothes this fall!''
Isn''t that just like a man?! I would still buy things, purses and shoes are always good!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tawn, you crack me up!

These skinny jeans won''t last, I don''t see how they possibly can as they are so unwearable. Like when they were saying perms were back, I didn''t see flocks of people running to the salon to get one
23.gif
I like to try to look good in my clothes like any normal person, not like a fool and I would in those jeans...
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results