shape
carat
color
clarity

Are we fraternal or identical?

Fraternal or identical?

• Sure, they look similar but I think they''re fraternal!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don''t know!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t vote, either because I had no clue!
3.gif
Glad you were right. That''s so cool!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
oh mandarine!!!!!! that is so exciting!!!!!! Congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! This was fun!
9.gif

When they were born, Alex was much smaller than Lucas...so we always knew who he was!. I left the hospital wrist bands for a couple of days anyway. Then, I have noticed different marks (one has a bigger stork bite, one has a mark behind his leg, the other one in one butt cheek, etc)....so if all else fails, I can take their dipaer off and see who''s who!
2.gif

Before, I thought if I couldn''t tell them apart I would put a little string in one''s ankle or something.

Here are pics at the hospital (a few hours after being born) so you can see the size difference. Alex on the left and Lucas on the right :)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
oops, let me try again

DSC008aca.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
and another one the next day
9.gif
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lucas on the left, Alex on the right.

Alex was 4lbs 12oz, Lucas was 5lbs 5oz

DSC00889a.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Either way - frat or ID - you have got two gorgeous little men there, Mandarine!
30.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
awww thanks!!!

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Twins are so fun! I had a similar situation...my entire pregnancy I was told my daughters were fraternal, twins run in my family. And then when they were born we did the testing and found out they are identical.

They are almost 10 now and it is so fun to watch them grow up as twins.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on having identicals! They''re gorgeous no matter what type they were.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine how exciting! That is so special
1.gif
They are SUCH beautiful boys, but how neat that they are identical!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Identical beautiful babies! Congratulations!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Were you suprised?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!!

Yes, even though I voted identical, I thought it just didn''t make sense based on the fact that twins run in my family. I just thought what made "sense" was that they would be fraternal!...but part of me kept thinking they had to be identical. DH was in complete SHOCK!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
This is just TOO cool!!! They looked identical to me in pics though. And they are just so so so cute!!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I was sure they were identical too - as sure as I could be based on photos. It''ll be cool to watch them grow up and see the little differences. I had ID girls at my high school, but I think they dressed a little different and had slightly different hair styles so that you could easily tell who was who.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2010 5:33:13 PM
Author: Mandarine
and now I don''t feel so guilty for confusing them!
Haha! I''m sure there will be plenty of "confusions" to come... some aided and abetted by the boys... so you might as well get that guilt stuff out of your system now!

Anyhow, that''s WAY COOL! It''ll be such fun to see how their twin-ness shows itself as they grow up!

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Mandarine,

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!! I voted identical! They are OH SO CUTE!
Did you break the news to your MIL yet?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Told ya so!
9.gif
How fun! My sister and I have never been tested. When we were growing up we were always assumed to be identical, but we look less identical than your two boys do.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
wow Mandarine that''s so cool
36.gif
9.gif
it''ll be so wonderful for them, growing up as identical twins - they''ll be able to get up to all sorts of mischief
36.gif
31.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is so cool!!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool! Congrats on your identically handsome little boys. Have fun telling DH and MIL you were right.
2.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, they are soooooo cute. And Alex was teeny tiny, Lucas just tiny but so amazing they were such different sizes coming out! Now they are definitely bigger monkeys!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
How cool! I have always imagined ID twins have so much fun together- so much mischief to get into! They are just too cute!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oohh I knew it! How exciting! Yay!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m way late to be chiming in, but what a cool thing to find out!
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 4:15:39 PM
Author: geckodani
I''m way late to be chiming in, but what a cool thing to find out!
36.gif
I am super late to this but just wanted to say...yay!!!
36.gif

(even though I was wrong
9.gif
)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif

Thanks everyone!

I gotta say, I love knowing!!!!. Now when people ask, I FINALLY have an answer!.

Of course that opens it up to a whole new set of questions!...most common: "How can you tell them apart?"

It''s funny because when you have twins, people do feel like it''s ok to ask you anything...from "are they identical?", to "did you breast feed?".

I actually don''t mind the questions so much, what does get annoying is other comments such as "boy, you''ve got your hands full!". I seriously hear this like 10 times a day!!!...I''m so so so so done hearing that!!!...but that''s always better than "wow, TWO!, I''m sorry, better you than me!" (yes, someone actually said that to me!)

So....if you see someone with twins, please don''t tell them they''ve got their hands full, chances are they know their hands are full...
9.gif

Full hands but double the fun, right?
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
go Mandarine! that is so cool that you were right hehee. esp after DH being right re: the ''up down shade'' thing hehee.
3.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 11:14:13 AM
9.gif
9.gif

Thanks everyone!

I gotta say, I love knowing!!!!. Now when people ask, I FINALLY have an answer!.

Of course that opens it up to a whole new set of questions!...most common: ''How can you tell them apart?''

It''s funny because when you have twins, people do feel like it''s ok to ask you anything...from ''are they identical?'', to ''did you breast feed?''.

I actually don''t mind the questions so much, what does get annoying is other comments such as ''boy, you''ve got your hands full!''. I seriously hear this like 10 times a day!!!...I''m so so so so done hearing that!!!...but that''s always better than ''wow, TWO!, I''m sorry, better you than me!'' (yes, someone actually said that to me!)

So....if you see someone with twins, please don''t tell them they''ve got their hands full, chances are they know their hands are full...
9.gif

2.gif
Ooh, girl, amen to that.

Congrats on the cuties!

Cong

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 12:22:08 AM
Author: jas
Date: 2/12/2010 11:14:13 AM

9.gif
9.gif

Thanks everyone!

Of course that opens it up to a whole new set of questions!...most common: ''How can you tell them apart?''

It''s funny because when you have twins, people do feel like it''s ok to ask you anything...from ''are they identical?'', to ''did you breast feed?''.

I actually don''t mind the questions so much, what does get annoying is other comments such as ''boy, you''ve got your hands full!''. I seriously hear this like 10 times a day!!!...I''m so so so so done hearing that!!!...but that''s always better than ''wow, TWO!, I''m sorry, better you than me!'' (yes, someone actually said that to me!)

9.gif

2.gif

Ooh, girl, amen to that.

Congrats on the cuties!

Cong

LOL. Seriously. That has to be the most annoying thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results