shape
carat
color
clarity

Are we fraternal or identical?

Fraternal or identical?

• Sure, they look similar but I think they''re fraternal!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don''t know!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 3:16:51 PM
Author: so cal girl

I am kind of excited to find out now!

me too!! Two weeks, mandy?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I voted fraternal (also based off the Olson twins. *blush*)

But OMG they are super cute, those cheeks!!!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Two weeks!!!! I can''t wait to find out either!!!!

It is a good thing they are cute because they''re so much work!
3.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 12:18:19 PM
Author: Mandarine
Two weeks!!!! I can''t wait to find out either!!!!

It is a good thing they are cute because they''re so much work!
3.gif
hehe, i think thats'' another trick biology plays on us! Keep them cute and make sure they look like us so we can handle all the other not so fun/cute stuff! You''re doing a great job Mandy really..look how healthy and happy they look! And working out too--most of us don''t get that done and we only have 1!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
thank you Janine!
5.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I voted identical. They are so adorable! I LOVE baby feet too!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted identical, but I''m starting to have second thoughts...

oh well!

So have you sent in those swabs, Mandarine? I''m looking forward to hearing about the results!

Meanwhile I doubt that anyone would object to seeing more pics......
2.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I sent in the swabs and now we wait!!!!

They are wearing the same clothes today (usually they don''t, but I have a few things that were gifts that are matching outfits)..I may take a few pics later.

The other day I confused them!. I put Lucas to nap in Alex''s crib and viceversa. Keep in mind I swaddled and sang to each baby before the nap (staring at them while I sang!)...and still switched them up!. I only realized it after the nap when I was playing with them!!!.

Here are a couple of pictures from a session yesterday. They were in their boppy "talking" to each other. I made up a whole story line on how they were planning on not letting mommy sleep that night!

Alex_boppytalk.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Lucas

Lucas_boppytalk.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What precious pictures!

And I''m guessing that your "imaginary" conversation wasn''t that far off the mark... they do look like they''re plotting something!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cute those pictures are! I love those pictures of babies when they have that calm alert expression on their face, you know they are soaking in all that information.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I love all of the pictures. I haven''t voted yet as I just can''t decide, but I think I''m leaning towards identical.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Fraternal. One of them has a slightly wider nose and the other''s ears stick out a bit more. They do look very very similar and 100% adorable. You are lucky to have cute, happy, handsome little boys.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
They''re soooo cute!!! I voted identical
9.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the sweet comments!!!

Still waiting for the results...should be in the mail any day now!!!! I can''t wait!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Gah, the talking photos...soooo cute! Amazing how they can be such stinkers for mommy and still be adorable lol.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Mandy, I''m so excited for you to get the results!

The "talking" pictures are the cutest ones yet. They''re going to love seeing those when they''re older. They are such adorable little guys!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
What? The Olsen twins are fraternal?

I''ve taught four sets of twins: two were fraternal but the same sex (and even though they look different, I could never tell them apart. And this year I have two of them again in the same class, which is fine until they move seats to work on a project or come up to my desk), one was identical, and one was boy/girl. At least the identical girls had different hair lengths to help me out.

Anyway, I voted identical, but I guess I''m not really the best judge. Why is it that fraternal same-sex twins seems to look more alike than regular siblings?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!

again...had them totally confused for a few hours!. It wasn't until my hubby came home for lunch and he was grabbing one and said something like "What's up Lucas?"...and I said "that's Alex"...and hubby said "no, it's not".
He was right
15.gif

I still blame sleep deprivation!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 12:10:48 PM
Author: phoenixgirl

Yup - you can tell when you look at them straight on, in the eyes, and one has a birthmark on her cheek (very faint, though).

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it is on the internet that the Olsen twins are fraternal, but how did they determine that? Unless someone shows me a genetic test, I suspect they are identical. Identical twins have different fingerprints, and can have different heights, moles, hair whorls, handnessness, etc. The fact that they were born 2 minutes apart suggests they may be identical. They even wrote a song about being identical twins.

My sister and I do not look identical, less identical than the Olsen twins. We don''t know for sure either way, and our personalities sure are different. But the fact that our academic tests results were so similar for various tests, and that we have the same rare eye prescription (except flipped) makes me think we are identical. But being identical does not mean you are identical.

So, anyone have irrefutable proof they are fraternal?

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 12:10:48 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Huh? I am surprised by this info, too. Is that right? They look identical to me, just with some minor differences that I''ve heard can be common in identicals.

I voted identical. But, I am super curious to learn something new...that fraternals can look identical!?!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 6:40:16 PM
Author: part gypsy
I know it is on the internet that the Olsen twins are fraternal, but how did they determine that? Unless someone shows me a genetic test, I suspect they are identical.

You just won't believe it until you see the genetic test?
3.gif

Their official biography says they're fraternal.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
You can be identical twins and not be completely identical. The DNA sequence may be exactly the same, but other aspects of the genome can differ (due to environment, like nutrients or chemical exposure, or just random chance).

Epigenetics

I suspect this may have happened with the Olsen twins - why they looked pretty darn identical in the beginning, but as they get older have more differences. It's completely normal for identical twins to have birthmarks in different places! This is also (simplified) what happens when animals are cloned - the DNA may be identical, but different methylation patterns mean they can have a different phenotype.

(first paragraph has an explanation)
cloned cat coat differences

Of course, I've never examined the Olsen twin's genome, so I could be wrong. :)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2010 8:17:50 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 1/27/2010 6:40:16 PM
Author: part gypsy
I know it is on the internet that the Olsen twins are fraternal, but how did they determine that? Unless someone shows me a genetic test, I suspect they are identical.

You just won''t believe it until you see the genetic test?
3.gif

Their official biography says they''re fraternal.
There are many misconceptions about monozygotic twins that even some doctors have propagated. For example identical (monozygotic) twins can have seperate placentas, but many doctors assume that if they have seperate placentas they are fraternal. They may have been told they are fraternal, when they are not.

So, sho me the money! Genetic test. Different blood types would do it for me too
3.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
***eager for the results!***

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 4:10:05 PM
Author: tlh
***eager for the results!***

Me too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results