shape
carat
color
clarity

Are we fraternal or identical?

Fraternal or identical?

• Sure, they look similar but I think they''re fraternal!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don''t know!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
ADORABLE babies, love those huge eyes! I think most of Monoamniotic- Dia twins are identical.
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I have a question: Is the one on the left on top, on the right in the second pic??

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
In the Lion shirts it''s Alex left and Lucas right. On the other picture it''s Lucas (Captain Adorable) and Alex (Speedster!)
9.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fraternal IMO.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I voted for identical cuteness!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I vote identical. They''re SO CUTE!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG those boys are so flipping cute!!! DH''s mom is an identical twin so I''ve got my fingers crossed!

I think they''re fraternal.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted fraternal! I think they look very similar, though, so it could go either way. My sister and I are fraternal and we looked very different, even as babies. People still got us confused, though...and they still do now that we''re 28!
33.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
YES!
3.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Gotta be one or the other right?

Ok, Ok, I voted identical cause they look pretty darn indistinguishable to me. But the Olsen twins example... plus they are babies... good thing we have zygosity tests these days!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my goodness, they are so cute! What darling little boys you have, Mandy! I voted fraternal--I''ve known two sets of fraternal twins who looked very, very much alike.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
awwwwww...thank you everyone!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Here they are at their 3 month "photo shoot"
2.gif

I just love these fellas! (and their feet!!!!!!!!!!)

ETA: Alex on the left, Lucas on the right

19049.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 8:03:11 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
OMG those boys are so flipping cute!!! DH''s mom is an identical twin so I''ve got my fingers crossed!

I think they''re fraternal.

Congrats on you pregnancy!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Unfortunately, your DH''s history of twins won''t have anything to do on whether you have twins or not
14.gif

Fraternal twins is what gets passed down (the hyper ovulation gene). This can only come from your side. So for example, if your DH''s mom was a fraternal twin and you guys had a daughter...then your DH could pass down the hyper ovulation gene to your daughter.

Identical twins are thought to be by "chance"...in other words, not gene related. I personally think there must be something there as there are families that have multiple sets of identical twins!.....but, form what I have read, identical twins are sort of a "fluke" and could happen to anyone (wether there is a history of twins in the family or not!).

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine, your babies are absolutely ADORABLE!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote identical. Do I win a prize if I''m right?
9.gif

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
OMG.. Mandy they are so cute! I followed your pregnancy in the preggo thread and I must say that time does fly by! I am glad that you guys are doing great and the bebes are so freaken cute!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
OMG, those cheeks! I just want to smooch them! What adorable boys, whether identical or fraternal. I can''t wait to hear the results.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they''re fraternal twins. I see subtle differences in their faces.

How do and your husband you tell them apart?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re gorgeous Mandarine! I love seeing pictures of them (I lurk on the mommies threads). I voted fraternal. They do look very much alike but I do see a difference. Watch me be wrong.
9.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I see subtle differences...
Like Lucas has fuller lips and maybe a rounder head.
Sometimes in pictures I can''t tell who was who! (bad mommy!)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
They are going to be heartbreakers, Mandarine! So cute. I voted fraternal, just because of the probability.

A friend of mine has twin girls that I always thought were indentical until she told me they weren''t (when they were 2 or 3!). They sure look it! Just like your boys.
9.gif

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Mandarine,

OMG, I just want kiss those little cheeks!!!! Your boys are soooo darn cute.
30.gif

The look identical to me....

When do you get the zygosity results back?

LL

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock

I voted identical. I think they look pretty darn alike. It is hard to tell, though. Sometimes fraternal twins look a lot alike (ie. the Olsen twins), and sometimes identical twins can be distinguishable. My DH is an identical twin, and I can totally tell him and his brother apart.Even though they look alike, the shapes of their heads are just a little different, and his brother is about an inch taller! So I am voting that your twins are identical, with just the slightest of differences for that reason.

I am kind of excited to find out now!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Identical! Going with my gut! Either way, Alex and Lucas are super cute!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2010 1:23:59 PM
Author: Mandarine
In the Lion shirts it''s Alex left and Lucas right. On the other picture it''s Lucas (Captain Adorable) and Alex (Speedster!)
9.gif

Since I was right in thinking that they were in different positions in the second pic, I vote fraternal. But maybe I''m just really good at seeing minute differences??

I showed DH the pics and he actually giggled. They are too darned cute!!

missjae

Shiny_Rock
being an identical twin myself, I find this post so FUN! :) my sister and I both voted! I asked her if she''d seen this thread already and she said she voted and turns out we voted the same, as usual! We often make the same choices unknowingly...I think being a twin is the best thing in the entire world! :) Your boys are cute lil'' gaffers! I love LoVe LOVE twins and my sister and I have always dreamed of having our own twins one day - even though identical twins aren''t hereditary we love to dream <3

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally think they are identical. IDs don''t actually look completely alike. Genes are the same but in utero they were in slightly different environments and so the expression of those genes can be ever-so-slightly different.

If they are not ID, then they are super-similar looking frats, like the Olsens.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
im guessing fraternal - im super excited to find out
9.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I vote identical!!

such cuties
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results