shape
carat
color
clarity

Are we fraternal or identical?

Fraternal or identical?

• Sure, they look similar but I think they''re fraternal!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don''t know!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I just got in the mail the zygosity testing kit for the boys!!!. Once I send in their samples (saliva swabs) it will be about two weeks to find out if they are fraternal (dizygotic) or identical (monozygotic).

I thought it would be fun to do a poll here! What do you think they are??

Just for some background, twins do run in my family (paternal grandmother). The twins were spontaneous and they had separate sacs and two placentas. Apparently about one third of identical twins have two placentas, so that's the reason we don't know for sure.

Wherever I go, people always ask me "are they identical?". When I say I don't know these are the two most common reactions:

- Look at me like I'm stupid...."how can you NOT know?" , "Are they yours?"
- Of course they are identical!!! How can you tell them apart???

So I got tired of the explanations and honestly, I just got curious! I ordered the kit and here we are, two weeks away from finding out!

What do you guys think?

DSC021212.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Another picture
(yesterday after failing miserable at a nap attempt!)

DSC021592.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock

DSC02114.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I;m not voting yet:) They are soooo cute and getting so big.

Do they weigh the same? (That will impact my vote
3.gif
)

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''d guess fraternal, but a very similar looking fraternal, like the Olsen twins (when they were younger, anyway).

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I voted frats ALSO based on the Olsen twins!!!! Hilarious. I''ve now written about the Olsen twins twice tonight on PS. I feel obsessed. SOS.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I went with identical just to be different. GAH they are so cute Mandarine! Those cheeks, oh they are begging to be squished!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted identical! They''re so absolutely, incredibly, ridiculously CUTE, Mandarine! I could just lean over and give them both a wet smooch!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Fraternal. Either way, toooooo stinkin cute is what they are!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, they are too cute! But this is too hard- I can see why you have trouble when people ask you.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I''m guessing identical...so so cute!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Aww, thanks everyone for the sweet comments!!! They are cute, these lil'' chunky monkeys!!!
9.gif

This is so interesting! Looks like about 50/50!!! IRL most people think they are identical (including family!). My husband thinks they are fraternal and I went ahead and put in a bet with him saying they''re identical (I honestly have no idea and I think they do look different...but I wanted to make it fun!)

We''re taking the samples today!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2010 12:53:50 AM
Author: charbie
Fraternal. Either way, toooooo stinkin cute is what they are!
lol +1

They really are absolutely adorable! Cheeks are just asking, as MP said!

(totally made my morning
30.gif
...now I have to go to school
39.gif
39.gif
)

April20

Ideal_Rock
I voted identical. Either way, they are cute as buttons!!!!!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
I voted fraternal, but would not be surprised to find out they are identical. They are SOOOOOOOO cute! Just love those cheeks!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted fraternal. They are so cute I just want to squeeze those cheeks!!! You must be a proud momma!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard that a better indication than faces is feet. Identical twins should have identical toes and feet, fraternals are less likely. (supposedly)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I voted identical, but either way they are just about the cutest thing I''ve ever seen!
30.gif
30.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2010 9:38:53 AM
Author: somethingshiny
I''ve heard that a better indication than faces is feet. Identical twins should have identical toes and feet, fraternals are less likely. (supposedly)

That''s interesting!
Their feet look the same (same size and chubby!)...they both have the toe next to the big toe larger than the big toe! (like mommy!)

I forgot to mention they both have a birth mark behind their necks (just like daddy) is a red mark, but Alex''s is bigger than Lucas''s (same place though)

Thanks again everyone!
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I think the feet thing concentrates on the shapes of toes and the lines on the soles of the feet.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Soooo cute!
30.gif
They look identical to me!

You must have your hands full! I''m exhausted with just one!
4.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
the toes def look the same...I haven''t checked the lines! Will do that later ;-)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mand...i voted fraternal because i can see differences in their faces! but they are pretty darn close and soo cute!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not sure! but they are just the most precious things on earth- I seriously just want to hug and squeeze them
12.gif
they are just darling~

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote fraternal. I also vote that I would spend my days kissing and nom noming them.

Funny-I''ve been close w/a set of twins since grade school, and I''ve never thought to ask which they are..I assume fraternal since I can tell a difference, and it seems like only close friends and family can tell them apart.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
cutness overload! I say identical...

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
o MY!!!!!! Those cheeks, those cheeks!!! So unbelievably adorable!
9.gif

Okay, now that I''ve gotten that out
5.gif
- I voted fraternal, but very very close.

Aaaaaand back to your cuties - how do you get anything done?? I second packrat''s vote for spending the day kissing and nom noming those cheeks
9.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
is it wrong that I almost wish they are identical just so my MIL can be dead wrong?
11.gif

She just always says they are COMPLETELY different. The times she has gotten them confused (PLENTY of times!) she always has an excuse "I don''t have my glasses", "I looked quickly", "you swicthed the PJs", "need to see them side by side", etc....then she always tells my family how she never gets them confused (since they do all the time).

Ok, vent over!
9.gif

Swabs have been taken and once they are dry I will seal the envelope and off they go!!!!!. So exciting!
36.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2010 12:36:17 PM
Author: Mandarine
is it wrong that I almost wish they are identical just so my MIL can be dead wrong?
11.gif

She just always says they are COMPLETELY different. The times she has gotten them confused (PLENTY of times!) she always has an excuse ''I don''t have my glasses'', ''I looked quickly'', ''you swicthed the PJs'', ''need to see them side by side'', etc....then she always tells my family how she never gets them confused (since they do all the time).

Ok, vent over!

9.gif

Swabs have been taken and once they are dry I will seal the envelope and off they go!!!!!. So exciting!
36.gif

haha, not wrong at all!!

Can''t wait to find out!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
So exciting!!!! They are really just so cute, I just showed my DH and he''s oohing and awing over them now
9.gif
Can''t wait to hear the result. I am voting fraternal, but very similar....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results