shape
carat
color
clarity

Are we fraternal or identical?

Fraternal or identical?

• Sure, they look similar but I think they''re fraternal!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don''t know!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cara

Ideal_Rock
OK twin moms, what inane comments made by random passers-by are the least annoying? I''ll practice those
2.gif
. Looking for the equivalent to ''you look great!'' as the acceptable comment to pregnant women. hehe. Trying to learn in my old age.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
That''s a good question Cara!!!!

Honestly, some days I just wished nobody would talk to me!....but I normally really don''t care. I would say if the mom of multiples (twins/triplets) looks like she''s in a hurry or doing something, then maybe don''t ask her too many questions!.

Things I hate people say (or I''m getting sick of it from hearing it so much)
- You''ve got your hands full!! -- Yes.
- Double trouble!! -- Yadda, yadda, yadda
- Are they natural? -- aren''t all babies natural!?....I reply, that yes, they were "spontaneous"....and if my twins weren''t spontaneous, I think I would still answer the same, just so they stop with the fertility type of questions.
- Better you than me! -- Nuff said.
- Wow, that must be really hard, how are you doing? (with a concerned face)...although I admit, the other day this very cute grandma said something along the lines of "they are precious..but how are you holding uo my child?". I swear I almost started crying and wanted to just hug her (I had a few tears so I had to look away!). I had a VERY long day with them that day and you could tell she meant it.
- You are brave to leave the house -- really? I should just stay there forever?

Things I like:
- Any comment on how handsome they are
10.gif
21.gif
9.gif

- You are blessed
- God bless you
- You are so lucky
- You look great! (don''t love it when it''s followed by "for just having twins")...but I''ll take it!
3.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 5:13:27 PM
Author: cara
OK twin moms, what inane comments made by random passers-by are the least annoying? I''ll practice those
2.gif
. Looking for the equivalent to ''you look great!'' as the acceptable comment to pregnant women. hehe. Trying to learn in my old age.

Anything that does not refer to how they got here (i.e., did you have IVF? Did you have a c-section? Are they natural? yes seriously people ask me these things), how busy I am, or how full my hands are. Those are by far the most annoying. Basically anything negative about having twins is really frustrating.

Anything positive is nice. The boys are so handsome, they are so good, you are so blessed, twins are such a blessing, etc.

Basically the same things you would want to hear as a singleton mom are good things to say. Just like you wouldn''t want to hear you have your hands full if you have a single baby, we don''t want to hear it either!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results