shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone saw Oprah w/Tom Cruise today...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I usually don''t watch Oprah but the tv just happened to be on and I had to come in from the other room to see what all the chearing was about. I watched for a couple of minutes then had to turn it off b/c he was just so annoying! I didn''t hear his "vitamin" comment. That really pisses me off! I''ve had post-partum depression -- and trust me, a multivitamin didn''t do crap!

It did seem like the "vitamin" he was on was amphetamines!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
How arrogant that Tom Cruise should think he is qualified to dispense advice about depression, post-partum or otherwise. I am a mental health professional and used to work in the department of psychiatry at Kaiser Permanente in Los Angeles. Well, just a few doors down (literally) was the huge Church of Scientology campus on Sunset Blvd. They had some not very friendly things to say about psychiatry and had signs encouraging people who are depressed to come in and take a free personality test. I have no issue with Tom Cruise deciding for himself or his family that psychiatry is the root of all evil, but to make a public statement that others shouldn't seek psychiatric treatment in favor of taking vitamins, is irresponsible at best. Maybe he should seek psychiatric help given his bizarre behavior on Oprah. It almost seemed like Oprah was getting irritated with his inability to sit still and engage in conversation. Anyone notice that, or am I just projecting?

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
I only saw about 5 minutes of it since I dont get home from work til after 4:30 and it comes on at 4 here, and he exhausted me during those few minutes. I''ve seen a couple of interviews with Hollywood type critics and the concensus seems to be it''s all about publicity. The funny thing about the older man thing is I recently met someone who''s cousin (we were at the same party) is 44 and his gf is 25. She''s 24 and it grosses her out to think about dating a man that much older so it''s not just society. I dont'' really feel it''s a big deal either way, but it does make you question it when it''s like Anna Nicole and her former old hubby. Some age gaps are just too large and have an ewwww factor.

Anyway, Tom Cruise was either performing (he needs an acting coach if that''s the case) or he was high. Like I said earlier, it was just too in your face.

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone noticed Katie Holmes'' feet? Everytime you see her feet in pictures, her toes are hanging out of the front of her shoes and scratching the sidewalk! When they aren''t spilling over her shoes, they are scrunched up.
14.gif
Why do celebs wear shoes that are too small for them? I couldn''t imagine trying to squeeze my feet into tiny shoes just to look good.
20.gif
. I don''t think TC and KH are a good match anyway. He seems to be trying waaay too hard and she seems uncomfortable about the relationship. Besides, she seems too tall for him. IMO.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 12:57:04 PM
Author: Sunni79
Has anyone noticed Katie Holmes'' feet? Everytime you see her feet in pictures, her toes are hanging out of the front of her shoes and scratching the sidewalk! When they aren''t spilling over her shoes, they are scrunched up.
14.gif
Why do celebs wear shoes that are too small for them? I couldn''t imagine trying to squeeze my feet into tiny shoes just to look good.
20.gif
. I don''t think TC and KH are a good match anyway. He seems to be trying waaay too hard and she seems uncomfortable about the relationship. Besides, she seems too tall for him. IMO.

Was it something like this?

yikes.JPG

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 1:43:11 PM
Author: jaysonsmom

14.gif
20.gif

Was it something like this?
OMG!!! Exactly like that! She may as well be barefoot! LOL.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Besides, she seems too tall for him. IMO.
I think after Nicole Kidman who is pretty close to six feet, she doesn't seem so tall...

I really am not a fan of Tom Cruise. I find him pompous and irritating. A classic Napoleon complex... His performance on Oprah certainly didn't help change my opinion of him.

That being said, I heard something interesting on the radio this morning... They were gossiping about Lindsay Lohan's weight loss. Apparently her reps say she's been working out like crazy to get a movie role in Mission Impossible 3. The dark horse leading contender is, surprise-surprise, Katie Holmes... If Katie gets the role, my guess is that we'll be subject to their relationship until a year after MI3 is released (a la Tom and Penelope, Ashton and Brittany Murphy, etc.).

ETA: That photo made my stomach churn! Ick!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I just had to put in my 2 cents about Tom''s "advice" about vitamins and post partum depression. I do believe it was during the Oprah show (but may have been another interview) where he claimed that he has never lived his life according to how other people believe he should live it. HELLO!!! Follow your own advice dipsh#@! Live your life and let other people live theirs according to how they want to, NOT how you think they should!
29.gif

I''m sorry, but that so totally annoyed me. He has really lost it. His performance on Oprah is testament to that! Could you be a bigger FAKE??!!!

Okay, off my rant now.
11.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
14.gif
20.gif
Sunni this post was random! I laughed so hard I started crying....mental images of her long feet dragging on the concrete
face23.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 2:22:20 PM
Author: abradabra

Besides, she seems too tall for him. IMO.
I think after Nicole Kidman who is pretty close to six feet, she doesn''t seem so tall...

I really am not a fan of Tom Cruise. I find him pompous and irritating. A classic Napoleon complex... His performance on Oprah certainly didn''t help change my opinion of him.

That being said, I heard something interesting on the radio this morning... They were gossiping about Lindsay Lohan''s weight loss. Apparently her reps say she''s been working out like crazy to get a movie role in Mission Impossible 3. The dark horse leading contender is, surprise-surprise, Katie Holmes... If Katie gets the role, my guess is that we''ll be subject to their relationship until a year after MI3 is released (a la Tom and Penelope, Ashton and Brittany Murphy, etc.).

ETA: That photo made my stomach churn! Ick!
Interesting gossip...

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I have relatives who are very high up in the Scientology organization...once cousin is quasi-estranged, and let me tell you, this organization controls the lives of its members, especially the celebrities, to a shocking degree. Mimi and Tom? Arranged marriage (her father was one of the founders, along with L. Ron Hubbard). Travolta and Kelly Preston? Arranged.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really Kelly Preston and John Travolta an arranged marriage?? Didn''t know that!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone listen to Howard Stern this morning? I was rolling. He described Tom jumping up and down....as if he himself was shocked that he actually likes a girl and was thrilled to find out he might not be gay after all LOLOLOL

icekid

Ideal_Rock
mmm- HAHA at howard stern''s comments... my bf would like that one!

i saw tom on oprah while i was working out... and it really was completely bizarre. i wasn''t quite sure what to make of it, other than he''s a freakin nutcase. who does that? he was jumping on her furniute! truly bizarre.

i do like katie holmes though.. and she doesn''t look comfortable with him. my guess is that everyone is right and it''s some weird publicity thing. hollywood = fake!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 4:59:23 PM
Author: moremoremore
Did anyone listen to Howard Stern this morning? I was rolling. He described Tom jumping up and down....as if he himself was shocked that he actually likes a girl and was thrilled to find out he might not be gay after all LOLOLOL
emteeth.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I just died laughing looking at those toes LOLOLOL....

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
How can someone''s toes be longer than my fingers?
20.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 11:22:23 AM
Author: MarLoRey
Was Katie Tom''s FIRST CHOICE?

According to the NY Daily News Katie Holmes was not Tom''s first choice for a new girlfriend!

''Before Katie, he was interested in Kate Bosworth,'' says a snitch...

Kate Bosworth apparently turned Tom down... so Tom moved on to Katie... not even sure if Katie was his SECOND choice either LOL... Who knows how many he went through to end up with her!?

Oh, and Tom''s rep (his sister) says, ''That is completely and ­utterly false information.''

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

What''s with Tom and youngs girls named Kate/Katie? sheesh.

A few girls I work with went to HS with Katie Holmes and said she was not a very nice person (I''m-a-lawyers-daughter-and-star-of-the-school-plays-and-I''m-better-than-you complex) even though she portrays herself as sweet and innocent to the media. I dont know for sure, I''ve never met her. maybe she and Tom deserve each other! LOL

I think Tom should have gone for Kate Bosworth, that way she''d be taken and all chances of her getting back together with my sweet Orlando Bloom (see avatar...yum!) would be gone.
9.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
PnP, maybe you should meet my hubby, he just LOVES Orlando Bloom (or his character in Lord of the Rings), I was more fond of sweet King Aragan
30.gif
aka Viggo Mortensen

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know why, but I''m loving this thread
9.gif
. I actually like Katie Holmes'' and I do feel sympathy for her nasty herps and hideous feet being displayed in magazines across the world. How humiliating!
6.gif
. At the same time I almost died laughing at those pictures! I can''t stand Tom Cruise. I don''t like him or his movies!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I have a confession to make... I WILL BE SEEING "WAR OF THE WORLDS" opening day
emteeth.gif
And due to a pact I made with my DH, I will be seeing "Batman Returns" as well
emcry.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I am foot obsessed....Reese Witherspoon has really peculiar toes, they jut out at weird angles.

I am pretty sure that Holmes has a ballet background, and ballet will uglify your feet somethin'' fierce. My friend is in the corps in San Francisco, her feet are utterly horrifying.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Her feet are soooo N*ASS*TY!

And I'm the first to admit that mine aren't the prettiest...I believe that monkey toes fits the description! But, her feet make mine look beautiful! Hers are even uglier than my husband's feet! I go for a pedicure every 3 weeks...and I've got my husband hooked! The first few times he sat with his hoodie up and his sunglasses on...and then we ran into one his macho buddies getting his done,and now he's out in the open about it!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 12:41:56 PM
Author: Mara
... and those Risky Business floor poses he kept striking?? the man has lost it.

AAAHH! LMAO! I knew there was something familiar about his antics. ROFL!
9.gif
10.gif

I think it''s a put-on as well. I''ve never seen any guy clown like that over a woman. Too bogus!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 5:19:27 PM
Author: blueroses
Seriously. Beardy McBeard!!

9.gif
LOL! exactly!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I wish my hubby would join me for his and her pedicures!....even though I have him hooked on his and her massages
30.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 9:29:33 PM
Author: kaylagee

Date: 5/24/2005 12:41:56 PM
Author: Mara
... and those Risky Business floor poses he kept striking?? the man has lost it.

AAAHH! LMAO! I knew there was something familiar about his antics. ROFL!
9.gif
10.gif

I think it''s a put-on as well. I''ve never seen any guy clown like that over a woman. Too bogus!
I agree ~ I''ve never seen a guy over the age of... well, let''s say 12? act that way about a girl... It was ridiculous. I had to walk out of the room several times because I was just so embarassed for him by his behavior. It was beyond juvenile. And when Oprah was asking how all this came about and it took him like 10 minutes to spit it out because he was just giggling???? Ugh... puh-leeeeeze... It was like watching a prepubescent girl, not a 40-something man... vomit.

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Too bad I missed that Oprah if TC acted that foolishly
38.gif
. TC should not talk to any woman about post-partum depression. PERIOD. No one completely understands it unless they themselves have been through it(which I have). I think Brooke Shields was very brave to speak the ppd that affects many women. I respect her for telling her true story and not worrying what anyone else thinks about it
36.gif
Anyway, I am 26 and will be having my second baby(a girl) in September. I am thinking about the name Katie because I like it. Do you think I will be jinxing my baby by naming her Katie? Will she eventually let her long toes graze the sidewalks in her shoes??
33.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results