shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone saw Oprah w/Tom Cruise today...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 8:34:37 PM
Author: Blue824

Date: 5/23/2005 8:14:31 PM
Author: pearcrazy
Interesting article about some of this stuff.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,8039,00.html
INteresting! I totally didn''t know that before, hehe I mean i dont follow celebrity stuff that much, but always fun to learn something new
Yea I don''t tend to follow them either, but his behavior on the show was just surprising....it was so over the top that it seemed like a publicity stunt just to get us "interested" in him again.....hmmmm conspiracy theory...

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I would say it''s definitely a huge publicity stunt. She''s in an upcoming movie (Batman Begins), he''s in an upcoming movie (War of the Worlds), so together they can sell their movies and pretend to be some kind of couple. It''s all totally bizarre. She''s too tall and too young for him. And he''s just...I don''t know, I can''t put my finger on it...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw him on Oprah and thought his behavior was a bit bizarre. There is a certain something about him that makes me wonder, hmmmmm????

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
This definately sounds like a mid-life crisis! I never thought that Tom Cruise was good-looking anyway.
14.gif
Did anyone see pics of those hideous herpes sore all on and around Katie Holmes'' mouth?
32.gif
EWWW!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''m really very uninterested in the comings and going of "celebs". I had Oprah on (as I usually do at the 5:00 hour) & caught bits and pieces. He did act weird - prime focus on the word "act". I firmly believe that Tom is secretely gay. It would be devestating to his career to come out as such. He''s got to have a girl under his shoulder.

May or may not be true. Just my personal thought.

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Was Katie Tom's FIRST CHOICE?

According to the NY Daily News Katie Holmes was not Tom's first choice for a new girlfriend!

"Before Katie, he was interested in Kate Bosworth," says a snitch...

Kate Bosworth apparently turned Tom down... so Tom moved on to Katie... not even sure if Katie was his SECOND choice either LOL... Who knows how many he went through to end up with her!?

Oh, and Tom's rep (his sister) says, "That is completely and ­utterly false information."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

- He's an actor, and he's acting like an idiot. His performance on Oprah yesterday was unbearable, how over the top can you get? That is NOT how people in love act.

Did anyone else notice that he hardly said anything, he just responded like a bafoon to Oprah's prompts? Also Oprah seemed to be spouting the same stuff that had already been leaked to the media and NOTHING else. (Media stunt!)

And, MAN did Kate look uncomfortable.

Oh* Five minutes after Katie broke up with Chris Klein (who just got arrested for a DUI), she was rumored to be dating Josh Hartnett (Who she may still be dating), and five minutes later is Tom Cruise's next publicity stunt.
How much do you think she's getting paid? - Or does she just get paid in choice movie roles?

As far as the gay thing is concerned, I have two comments. Scientologists believe that being gay is fundamentally wrong, so perhaps Tom is fighting a huge internal battle. Two, when he was married to Mimi Rogers (Sp?), she said that he he originally wanted to be a monk. She also said she knew it was time for a divorce when he wanted to remain celibate, and wanted to protect the purity of his instrument. Sounds HIGHLY suspicious to me.

And then there is THIS!

Sadly, If he were to come out of the closet it would surely ruin his movie career. People probably wouldn't be able to accept him.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I don''t usually watch Oprah, but when I saw this thread yesterday, I turned on the TV and saw a little of the show.

I was much more impressed and distracted by Oprah''s earrings than I was by either of those "celebs"!!
23.gif
Does anyone know a site that shows pictures and describes Oprah''s jewelry?

Regarding Katie (who I''ve never heard of)...she looked about twelve....how old is she?

And Tom? My first thought was that his career must really be in the tank for him to allow himself to look like such a fool on live TV!!!

widget

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 10:53:43 PM
Author: Sunni79
This definately sounds like a mid-life crisis! I never thought that Tom Cruise was good-looking anyway.
14.gif
Did anyone see pics of those hideous herpes sore all on and around Katie Holmes' mouth?
32.gif
EWWW!

That's what you get for going around everywhere kissing Tom Cruise, HERPES!!!!
It's karma for this idiotic publicity stunt.
EWWWW.

(This photo is dated: May 04, 2005.)

soreskatie.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Am I the only one who thinks Tom Cruise is NOT all that attractive? I''d take Jude Law over him any day!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 11:22:23 AM
Author: MarLoRey
Was Katie Tom''s FIRST CHOICE?

According to the NY Daily News Katie Holmes was not Tom''s first choice for a new girlfriend!

''Before Katie, he was interested in Kate Bosworth,'' says a snitch...

Kate Bosworth apparently turned Tom down... so Tom moved on to Katie... not even sure if Katie was his SECOND choice either LOL... Who knows how many he went through to end up with her!?

Oh, and Tom''s rep (his sister) says, ''That is completely and ­utterly false information.''
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

- He''s an actor, and he''s acting like an idiot. His performance on Oprah yesterday was unbearable, how over the top can you get? That is NOT how people in love act.

Did anyone else notice that he hardly said anything, he just responded like a bafoon to Oprah''s prompts? Also Oprah seemed to be spouting the same stuff that had already been leaked to the media and NOTHING else. (Media stunt!)

And, MAN did Kate look uncomfortable.

Oh* Five minutes after Katie broke up with Chris Klein (who just got arrested for a DUI), she was rumored to be dating Josh Hartnett (Who she may still be dating), and five minutes later is Tom Cruise''s next publicity stunt.
How much do you think she''s getting paid? - Or does she just get paid in choice movie roles?

As far as the gay thing is concerned, I have two comments. Scientologists believe that being gay is fundamentally wrong, so perhaps Tom is fighting a huge internal battle. Two, when he was married to Mimi Rogers (Sp?), she said that he he originally wanted to be a monk. She also said she knew it was time for a divorce when he wanted to remain celibate, and wanted to protect the purity of his instrument. Sounds HIGHLY suspicious to me.

Sadly, If he were to come out of the closet it would surely ruin his movie career. People probably wouldn''t be able to accept him.

I LOVE speculation! ARRGHHH to be a fly on the wall!
31.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 11:58:21 AM
Author: MarLoRey

Date: 5/23/2005 10:53:43 PM
Author: Sunni79
14.gif
Did anyone see pics of those hideous herpes sore all on and around Katie Holmes'' mouth?
32.gif
EWWW!

That''s what you get for going around everywhere kissing Tom Cruise, HERPES!!!!
It''s karma for this idiot publicity stunt.
EWWWW.

OMG that is friggin gross!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe those sores is why she broke up with Chris Klein....hahahah
emteeth.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 11:57:21 AM
Author: widget

I was much more impressed and distracted by Oprah''s earrings than I was by either of those ''celebs''!!
23.gif
Does anyone know a site that shows pictures and describes Oprah''s jewelry?
She talked about them once. She could be one of us diamond nuts. She LOVES diamonds. I think she has 3c in each ear if I recall correctly. I don''t know of any specific sites. When one of her guest proposed on the air, she made a big deal out of the fact that the diamond came from Blue Nile.

.....just the tidbits I do know.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
those poor Katie lip pictures were everywhere since they appeared right after she started dating TC. in my last US Weekly, a dr noted that they seemed like a herpes outbreak. The black thing on the bottom to me looks like some odd fungus, but the mag noted it was a scab. Ick.

anyway the other thing I thought was funny from the show was when Oprah asked Tom about how he knew about K and wanted to meet her etc and he said something like ''well when you see and admire someone''s work''....ummm Dawson''s Creek? we are not talking an Academy Award winner here Tommy!!!! that was really odd to me! big-time midlife crisis! and those Risky Business floor poses he kept striking?? the man has lost it.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Apparantly in addition to making a complete a$$ of himself on Oprah, he has become an expert on post partum depression...

LINK

It just keeps getting better and better!
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is wacked!! I think he''s flipped his lid!!!
6.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I just cannot believe how contrived the whole thing is. Unbelievable! Do they really think we are THAT stupid!
20.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Seriously. Beardy McBeard!!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In the midst of Tom''s strange and crazy behavior, I could not help but be mesmerized by Oprah''s earrings! Did anyone see them? They must have been at least 3 carat studs with a pear drop - maybe it''s the reflection of her pale pink outfit but they looked like light pink diamonds!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm, noticing a trend here....diamond lovers are not Tom Cruise fans!

emotion-40.gif

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 7:15:03 PM
Author:LadyluvsLuxury
Am I the only one that thinks he is going through a midlife crisis by dating Katie Holmes? They just met last month and he is already considering marriage?
20.gif
Also, everytime Oprah mentioned her name he acted like a kid in a candy shop! Weird!
Hmmmmm, does this mean that Demi Moore is also going through a midlife crisis?

Seems funny that when an older man dates a younger girl, he''s considered a dirty old geezer, yet when an older woman dates a younger man we think ''you go gir!''
31.gif

I''ve read that Diane Keaton and Keanu Reeves are now dating (18 year age gap). I saw the movie ''Something''s Gotta Give'' and when Diane Keaton''s character leaves Keanu Reeves for Jack Nicholson, I was soooooo disappointed. At least she got it right in real life!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 7:47:42 PM
Author: Sparkster

Am I the only one that thinks he is going through a midlife crisis by dating Katie Holmes? They just met last month and he is already considering marriage?
20.gif
Also, everytime Oprah mentioned her name he acted like a kid in a candy shop! Weird!

Seems funny that when an older man dates a younger girl, he''s considered a dirty old geezer, yet when an older woman dates a younger man we think ''you go gir!''
31.gif

I''ve read that Diane Keaton and Keanu Reeves are now dating (18 year age gap). I saw the movie ''Something''s Gotta Give'' and when Diane Keaton''s character leaves Keanu Reeves for Jack Nicholson, I was soooooo disappointed. At least she got it right in real life!
Sparkster I tend to believe it is the opposite. It is socially more accepted for an older man to date a younger woman than vice versa. There was more controversy surrounding the Demi/Ashton love affair when it first came out than Tom/Katie PRIOR to his appearance on Oprah. I believe everyone''s schok stems for his wild, erratic, childish and overzealous on Oprah...trust me if Demi Moore displayed the same behavior I would say she was going through a midlife crisis as well!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 7:47:42 PM
Author: Sparkster

20.gif

31.gif

I think overall we''re reacting to the way Tom Cruise is acting and portraying himself, not necissarily the age difference. I totally agree with one of the articles posted saying his actions bordered on hysteria. Actually, I couldn''t even make it through the episode of Oprah to see where he brings Katie out...I had to turn it off because he was being so annoying!

On the age difference, I think i thas been acceptable for men to date considerably younger much longer than women dating younger has been. I''d have this same reaction to Cruise if he was being so over the top about any relationship he was in. The wonderful thing is, I don''t have to deal with him in person, so I can just shut the TV off any time I see him start acting like that again!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
"The wonderful thing is, I don''t have to deal with him in person, so I can just shut the TV off any time I see him start acting like that again!"

AMEN SISTER!
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
It is socially more accepted for an older man to date a younger woman than vice versa.
Sadly, it''s true. Look at all the "old geezer" movie stars who still end up getting the girl in the end! Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood, yes, Jack Nicholson, and surely many more.

In the US, anyway, it seems to be that men become "distinguished" over the years, while women just become "old".
14.gif

widget

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Well except in Tom''s case, perhaps, where it seems he becomes "crazy"
2.gif
2.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 9:00:30 PM
Author: widget

It is socially more accepted for an older man to date a younger woman than vice versa.
Sadly, it''s true. Look at all the ''old geezer'' movie stars who still end up getting the girl in the end! Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood, yes, Jack Nicholson, and surely many more.

In the US, anyway, it seems to be that men become ''distinguished'' over the years, while women just become ''old''.
14.gif

widget
Michael Douglas, Seal, Harrison Ford and the list goes on and on and on

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting article Icelady. What I find most intriguing is Dr. Tom''s assumption that he KNOWS what it''s like to have post partum depression. So, should the has-been Brooke Shields just pop a Flintstones every day and it''ll chase all the clouds away? What vitamin does he suggest that paranoid schizophrenics take to chase away all of those voices? Wow, who knew that curing mental illness was a simple as a One-A-Day vitamin (and a sizable donation to L. Ron Hubbard''s church of course!)

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 10:03:19 PM
Author: pearcrazy
Interesting article Icelady. What I find most intriguing is Dr. Tom''s assumption that he KNOWS what it''s like to have post partum depression. So, should the has-been Brooke Shields just pop a Flintstones every day and it''ll chase all the clouds away? What vitamin does he suggest that paranoid schizophrenics take to chase away all of those voices? Wow, who knew that curing mental illness was a simple as a One-A-Day vitamin (and a sizable donation to L. Ron Hubbard''s church of course!)
My thoughts exactly Pear!!
29.gif
What a giant BONEHEAD!!! I hope he has a good vitamin to bring him down from his mass hysteria exhibited on Oprah the other day!
11.gif
And another one to keep him safe from what ever his girlfriend has growing on her lips.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results