shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone saw Oprah w/Tom Cruise today...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Am I the only one that thinks he is going through a midlife crisis by dating Katie Holmes? They just met last month and he is already considering marriage?
20.gif
Also, everytime Oprah mentioned her name he acted like a kid in a candy shop! Weird!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Definately something about dating the younger woman thing. A friend of DH''s is 43, divorced 4 years ago has recently started dating a 26 year old grad student. He''s lost 20 lbs, colors his hair, grown a goatee and bought some interesting new clothes. He seems very happy, almost TOO happy. His daughter is 16 and they get along great but it''s just sort of wierd. We''re both happy that he''s happy and she seems like a great girl, but DH and I both think it''s a bit over the top.

I visit another message board and those folks all insist that Tom is gay, but I don''t get that vibe about him. I dunno!

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
TOTALLY! I think he''s gone off the deep end. I don''t find it that odd that he''s dating her, since famous men date younger women all the time. But it''s really strange how he''s running around non-stop proclaiming how in love they are and how great she is. I find it kind of gross and very mid-life crisis-ish!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
The "gay" rumor has been going around for years!!

I think it''s odd that TC is dating Katie Holmes, but I''m guessing there''s a HUGE difference of how people relate to each other when they live in the eyes of the public...probably trying to find someone who is compatible "off screen" as "on screen" is difficult, and when you find that person, you latch on to them?!
33.gif

DH was funny as he was watching this with me and said, "Did you ever notice that since he divorced Nicole Kidman that her career just took off!? What''s that about?!" LOL

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 7:28:42 PM
Author: pearcrazy
Definately something about dating the younger woman thing. A friend of DH''s is 43, divorced 4 years ago has recently started dating a 26 year old grad student. He''s lost 20 lbs, colors his hair, grown a goatee and bought some interesting new clothes. He seems very happy, almost TOO happy. His daughter is 16 and they get along great but it''s just sort of wierd. We''re both happy that he''s happy and she seems like a great girl, but DH and I both think it''s a bit over the top.

I visit another message board and those folks all insist that Tom is gay, but I don''t get that vibe about him. I dunno!
I saw the same type of behavior when my mom and dad split. He started dating a woman younger than my oldest step-sister! CRAZYYYYYYYYY! He too started hitting the gym, hired a personal trainer, she started buying all his "younger, hipper" clothes and it was just mucho weird. In the end though it turned into a Fatal Attraction....she claimed to be pregnant in order to hit my dad up for money!
29.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOD I am so bummed I missed it!!!

Last nite when DH was on I remembered that T was on O today and told Greg..don''t let me forget to Tivo it. ARGH!

Oh WAIT! It''s on NOW!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 7:29:19 PM
Author: jlc0604
TOTALLY! I think he''s gone off the deep end. I don''t find it that odd that he''s dating her, since famous men date younger women all the time. But it''s really strange how he''s running around non-stop proclaiming how in love they are and how great she is. I find it kind of gross and very mid-life crisis-ish!
My sentiments exactly. I just see it as SUPER weird b/c I always think of her as "Joey" from Dawsons Creek. She also dated Chris Klein for like 5 years and they were engaged and just seperated in March...then she hooks up with Tom in April and now they are talking about love, marriage and a baby in a baby carriage.... TOOO WEIRD! It just seemed fake the way he was acting everytime Oprah said her name. Seriously, you would think a man that age would be a little wiser....How could you be comfortable dating someone who says they "grew up" wanting to marry you? super friggin weird!
20.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 7:32:02 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna
The ''gay'' rumor has been going around for years!!

I think it''s odd that TC is dating Katie Holmes, but I''m guessing there''s a HUGE difference of how people relate to each other when they live in the eyes of the public...probably trying to find someone who is compatible ''off screen'' as ''on screen'' is difficult, and when you find that person, you latch on to them?!
33.gif

DH was funny as he was watching this with me and said, ''Did you ever notice that since he divorced Nicole Kidman that her career just took off!? What''s that about?!'' LOL

I just think it is weird that HE pursued HER!

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Is it just me that thinks anything that runs this hot this fast and this publicly probably won''t last? He''s already been married twice and recently ended his relationship with Penelope Cruz. It just seems so contrived. It is just too in your face as far as I''m concerned. But, who knows? I actually feel sorry for her, this is great publicity for him because it does seem to be all about Tom.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
i live outside toledo where katie holmes if from and when they first started dating her dad told the newspaper that "this is a very exciting time for Toledo" (and its exciting for me as a Toledo resident because....???) i had to LOL about that. this town is just obsessed with her.

I feel for Chris Klein. Publicity stunt or not, what a slap in the face.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 7:46:04 PM
Author: Momoftwo
Is it just me that thinks anything that runs this hot this fast and this publicly probably won''t last? He''s already been married twice and recently ended his relationship with Penelope Cruz. It just seems so contrived. It is just too in your face as far as I''m concerned. But, who knows? I actually feel sorry for her, this is great publicity for him because it does seem to be all about Tom.
I have to completely agree with you. It just seems weird to me that he SO HAPPENED to contact her RIGHT after her break up with Chris Klein. Even though they both claimed they had never met each other before, and now they are just sooooooo passionately in love after a month? BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I hope Katie''s not expecting babies from Tom. If that rumor mill is correct, he''s sterile. Mimi Rogers said in an interview a few years ago that part of their breakup was over the issue of children (she didn''t elaborate what that meant, but she has given birth to a child by her new husband) Maybe that was the reason he and Nicole adopted two kids and the reason he abruptly left her while she was 10 weeks pregnant His response to someone who stated that Nicole was bewildered by the breakup was "Nick knows EXACTLY why we broke up". Why would a man leave his newly pregnant wife unless he''s figured out it isn''t his baby? Tom sued the tabloid that printed the story that he was sterile and won, but they claimed to have a reliable source.

Just me rambling on and speculating............

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 7:48:20 PM
Author: PunchNPie75
i live outside toledo where katie holmes if from and when they first started dating her dad told the newspaper that ''this is a very exciting time for Toledo'' (and its exciting for me as a Toledo resident because....???) i had to LOL about that. this town is just obsessed with her.

That''s funny! Is Katie Holmes the best thing Toledo has to offer?
emwink.gif
Just teasing!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 7:50:51 PM
I hope Katie''s not expecting babies from Tom. If that rumor mill is correct, he''s sterile. Mimi Rogers said in an interview a few years ago that part of their breakup was over the issue of children (she didn''t elaborate what that meant, but she has given birth to a child by her new husband) Maybe that was the reason he and Nicole adopted two kids and the reason he abruptly left her while she was 10 weeks pregnant His response to someone who stated that Nicole was bewildered by the breakup was ''Nick knows EXACTLY why we broke up''. Why would a man leave his newly pregnant wife unless he''s figured out it isn''t his baby? Tom sued the tabloid that printed the story that he was sterile and won, but they claimed to have a reliable source.

Ohhhhh juicy gossip??!?!? I LOVE it! Never heard the Tom Cruise is sterile thing before...definitely interesting, hmmm I buy that, if that was the case that would explain his OVER ZEALOUS feelings for Katie.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I hope Katie''s not expecting babies from Tom. If that rumor mill is correct, he''s sterile. Mimi Rogers said in an interview a few years ago that part of their breakup was over the issue of children (she didn''t elaborate what that meant, but she has given birth to a child by her new husband) Maybe that was the reason he and Nicole adopted two kids and the reason he abruptly left her while she was 10 weeks pregnant His response to someone who stated that Nicole was bewildered by the breakup was ''Nick knows EXACTLY why we broke up''. Why would a man leave his newly pregnant wife unless he''s figured out it isn''t his baby? Tom sued the tabloid that printed the story that he was sterile and won, but they claimed to have a reliable source.

I''m so curious now....whatever happened to the baby Nichole was carrying?

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock

i was under the impression (again..speculation) that TC followed the religion of Scientology while Nicole did not and it caused a rift between them...it could''ve been 100 different reasons, but I seem to remember this...

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
She "miscarried" a few weeks after Tom left. Dirty deep Hollywood rumor had it that she and Ewan MacGregor had an affair while filming Moulin Rouge. Ewan MacGregor was/is married and has children. Certainly just rumor as both sides denied it.

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 7:56:44 PM
Author: jaysonsmom

I''m so curious now....whatever happened to the baby Nichole was carrying?
She miscarried at about 10 weeks, not long after they broke up.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 7:59:18 PM

I hope Katie's not expecting babies from Tom. If that rumor mill is correct, he's sterile. Mimi Rogers said in an interview a few years ago that part of their breakup was over the issue of children (she didn't elaborate what that meant, but she has given birth to a child by her new husband) Maybe that was the reason he and Nicole adopted two kids and the reason he abruptly left her while she was 10 weeks pregnant His response to someone who stated that Nicole was bewildered by the breakup was 'Nick knows EXACTLY why we broke up'. Why would a man leave his newly pregnant wife unless he's figured out it isn't his baby? Tom sued the tabloid that printed the story that he was sterile and won, but they claimed to have a reliable source.

i was under the impression (again..speculation) that TC followed the religion of Scientology while Nicole did not and it caused a rift between them...it could've been 100 different reasons, but I seem to remember this...
Why such an abrupt split? After all, Tom was involved in Scientology when Nicole met him. You'd think after 10 years together that the breakup wouldn't be so sudden, especially if she were pregnant with his baby.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock

Hmm...I dont ever remember her being pregnant, the only kids she has are the two adopted ones. Looked it up online and only found stuff that quoted the Star about that. I didn''t follow it all around then so I could totally be wrong! Anyway, I always assumed they divorced because her career was finally taking off. She finally started getting leading rolls and started carrying movies and he couldn''t stand her getting as much attention.

I''m watching my tape of Oprah now and he is just acting so oddly...like waaaay too over enthusiastic about this. I think I have to agree with the midlife crisis theory! Younger girls or not, he''s acting like a nut! Or maybe they just have a really great bar in the Oprah waiting rooms
1.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I read it in People magazine. Just the Nicole being pregnant part, not the speculation about it being someone else's baby.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Blue..that is EXACTLY what my hubby said. Actually my DH thought Tom was on some kind of illicit drug LOLOL

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
And...they had just renewed their wedding vows just weeks before the split!

I think he''s a great actor, but I find him completely lacking any sexual magnetism!?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 7:51:48 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury
Date: 5/23/2005 7:48:20 PM

Author: PunchNPie75

i live outside toledo where katie holmes if from and when they first started dating her dad told the newspaper that ''this is a very exciting time for Toledo'' (and its exciting for me as a Toledo resident because....???) i had to LOL about that. this town is just obsessed with her.

That''s funny! Is Katie Holmes the best thing Toledo has to offer?
emwink.gif
Just teasing!

Toledo is also obsessed still with the other hometown celebrity, Jamie Farr (Klinger from M*A*S*H), he does radio commercials and everything!!! LOL

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 8:02:54 PM

Date: 5/23/2005 7:59:18 PM

i was under the impression (again..speculation) that TC followed the religion of Scientology while Nicole did not and it caused a rift between them...it could''ve been 100 different reasons, but I seem to remember this...
Why such an abrupt split? After all, Tom was involved in Scientology when Nicole met him. You''d think after 10 years together that the breakup wouldn''t be so sudden, especially if she were pregnant with his baby.
The split might have SEEMED sudden to us common folk....but who really knows what went on in that household for hte 10 years they were together....look at Brad P. and Jennifer A.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
PunchNPie...MASH?? WOW that REALLY takes it back!! I guess coming from NY we aren''t too fascinated with celebs lol Although we are with gangstas.....doesn''t say much about us I guess!
33.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep tom split with nicole when she was pregnant and she miscarried, tons of speculation there since he is rumored to be sterile from ...i want to say the mumps or something from when he was a child? or scarlet fever or something. anyway, the spec was that she was pregnant with someone elses child, but she swore not...also apparently some dr's were saying that the sterility from whatever he was sterile from (can't recall exactly) could sometimes reverse itself or was not 100% etc. so i dont know if he got tested again or just assumed or what.

anyway i always felt like the breakup between tom and nicole was so sad, esp since they had just renewed their vows and apparently at the vow renewal party weeks before, he stood up and read a poem/letter he had written to nicole and the guests/friends said it was beyond touching how he felt about her and their life together. then like 3 weeks later that's it? no turning back? i always loved the two of them together, but yes she has really come into her own so much more since the divorce. such an odd life.

i rushed downstairs when i saw this and apparently Tivo was taping Oprah for me after all, THANKS TIVO YOU ROCK. so i watched it and MAN was he acting ODD. way too over the top and giddy, the jumping on the couch thing? how old are you tom?? i agree with the midlife crisis thing ... he said he is in love and has never felt like this before..when she asked him if he was considering marrying her he said he had to talk to katie first etc. they brought katie out in the end and you could tell she was totally wigged out and i swear the two of them together are just WEIRD. she is like a gangly teen and he is obviously an older man...she ruffles his hair and puts her arm around his shoulder when they stand? kisses are totally closed mouth and/or non-matching (aka he goes in for a peck and she has an open mouth)...just ODD. to me they don't seem like a couple at all ...but he says they have so much in common...mmmhmmm..

we'll see! i give it about 6 months or less and i doubt a marriage will happen...

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I concur Mara...too weird...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results