shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone following the Murdaugh family murders in South Carolina?

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I bet Buster gets thrown under the bus as the supposed mastermind and true guilty party, by Alex and his defense team.
And Alex was only being an undercover hero trying to cover for Buster.

Lol…is there an emoji for sarcasm?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure Buster is any angel, since there is a rumor floating about that the gay young man found dead in the middle of the road near their home, had actually been in a relationship with Buster.

Wow - I had not heard that! The story just gets uglier and uglier!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the evidence is strong and good... so that he can be convicted and put away. It is so sad not only who (I believe) he has killed and swindled, but that his horridness permeated to his children (one or two of whom I believe harmed/killed others as humanity, accountability, and sanity seems to be sorely lacking across the board). What a mess!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I hope the evidence is strong and good... so that he can be convicted and put away. It is so sad not only who (I believe) he has killed and swindled, but that his horridness permeated to his children (one or two of whom I believe harmed/killed others as humanity, accountability, and sanity seems to be sorely lacking across the board). What a mess!

An expected result of generations of entitlement.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An expected result of generations of entitlement.

This is so true. What perhaps starts out as hard work and wealth from the first generation, turns into entitlement and untouchable in future generations. Just such a sad commentary on those who have been given so much and just take it all for granted. They think they can make the rules and determinations for others - just whatever benefits them.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
This is so true. What perhaps starts out as hard work and wealth from the first generation, turns into entitlement and untouchable in future generations. Just such a sad commentary on those who have been given so much and just take it all for granted. They think they can make the rules and determinations for others - just whatever benefits them.

I am guessing there also has to be a significant level of corruption in the South Carolina justice system. Police have to look the other way, judges have to sign off on settlements, etc.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am guessing there also has to be a significant level of corruption in the South Carolina justice system. Police have to look the other way, judges have to sign off on settlements, etc.

Absolutely. The old saying ‘money talks and BS walks!’ Isn’t it strange how folks can pay through way through so much and then suddenly, it can’t be done anymore. In this case, there is seemingly no money left so he has been dropped like a hot potato. He will have three hots and a cot though so there is that. . .

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely. The old saying ‘money talks and BS walks!’ Isn’t it strange how folks can pay through way through so much and then suddenly, it can’t be done anymore. In this case, there is seemingly no money left so he has been dropped like a hot potato. He will have three hots and a cot though so there is that. . .

Right, so what changed? Was it money running out? Did dear ol'e daddy's death release some sort of pent up retribution upon a spoiled little sh$t?

I can't wait to hear the evidence of his involvement in his wife and son's death.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right, so what changed? Was it money running out? Did dear ol'e daddy's death release some sort of pent up retribution upon a spoiled little sh$t?

I can't wait to hear the evidence of his involvement in his wife and son's death.

Yes me either. At first it seemed there were no clues and because two different weapons were used, I assume it was made to look like more than one killer. I guess they were never able to find evidence against another person or persons that would have committed the crime so their focus turned back to him. They must have some pretty damning evidence to take it to a grand jury though.
I think Alex Murdaugh was besieged on many different fronts. The law firm found out about his embezzlement and opioid addiction, the family was going to be sued from the wrongful death of that poor girl in the boat, the housekeeper’s settlement and theft was coming to light and his wife wanted a divorce. There was just no money to cover all of it. If he killed the son, maybe there would not be charges and a lawsuit against the family. Kill the wife because she couldn’t take her son’s loss of life and she couldn’t divorce him which would have cost a lot. Maybe there was life insurance on both of them as well. Just dominoes falling until they all caved in at once. Give me an ordinary life any day!!

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
It is about time! I believe Maggie was asking for a forensic accounting of their finances as part of the potential divorce. There was set to be testimony in the Malory Beach death a few days after the murders. All was about to be exposed.

Rumors say Buster was in a relationship with the young man killed on the dirt road. Supposedly Buster was seen in a vehicle chasing this young man prior to his death.

How can one family be so evil?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is about time! I believe Maggie was asking for a forensic accounting of their finances as part of the potential divorce. There was set to be testimony in the Malory Beach death a few days after the murders. All was about to be exposed.

Rumors say Buster was in a relationship with the young man killed on the dirt road. Supposedly Buster was seen in a vehicle chasing this young man prior to his death.

How can one family be so evil?

It is easier to be evil I suppose when you feel that you are above the law. Interesting about Buster - I had not heard that before either.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read somewhere today that some of the evidence may include blood on Alex and blood spatter pattern that may indicate a high velocity weapon being used. There was also a cell phone that Paul had on his body that showed a conversation and video with the father that included a time stamp that may be different from Alex’s version of the timeline. Not sure if any of that is true until the grand jury decides whether or not to indict him. If it is true, makes me wonder why this all took so long as that evidence would have been present from the beginning.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope he is on these new developments!!

My guess is Dateline, 20/20 and 48 Hours will be quickly putting a show together to include these updates. I’ll watch everyone of these shows. For some reason this case fascinates me. How could these people be so evil and think they were untouchable? The grand jury must have indicted Alex because he has been charged with the murder of his wife and son.

@Miss Got Rock, How on earth were Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell allowed to walk around free for so long?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is Dateline, 20/20 and 48 Hours will be quickly putting a show together to include these updates. I’ll watch everyone of these shows. For some reason this case fascinates me. How could these people be so evil and think they were untouchable? The grand jury must have indicted Alex because he has been charged with the murder of his wife and son.

@Miss Got Rock, How on earth were Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell allowed to walk around free for so long?

My guess is that it took a while for them to put a case together for these two. The children were murdered and buried in his yard but who actually killed them was probably harder to determine. The daughter was last seen at the park - not sure what happened to her. It was said that her son was picked up by her brother Alex because he wasn't behaving and was brought back and put in bed. I always felt like that brother was perhaps the real killer but she surely was in on the whole thing. Then of course Alex died - supposedly of natural causes but that always makes you scratch your head too! And what man could convince you that your children were zombies and had to die - in the name of religion!!!!

Yes, I will be on the lookout for updates to the Murdaugh case. It is fascinating. My husband always wonders why I like these kinds of shows - he calls them kill shows - lol! I always tell him it is not the crime itself but the psychology of those that commit them that I find so fascinating. There have been some people chronicled in these shows that want out of a marriage but their religion doesn't sanction divorce. So they kill them or have them killed instead? Mind boggling! Probably has as much to do with wanting to keep all of the money for themselves though - and they never think they will get caught. With all of the technology today, how do you think you will not get caught? Astounding!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief! This is such a sad, sordid tale! If only she had listened to her own instincts; however, he probably would have made sure this happened one way or another. Such a tragedy!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“He’s up to something” Maggie texted the evening she was killed.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
5 people dead (that we know of) because of this family. I'd like to attribute the housekeeper's death to Maggie, just so they'd all have one, but I kind of wonder if Alex didn't kill all of them other than Mallory.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 people dead (that we know of) because of this family. I'd like to attribute the housekeeper's death to Maggie, just so they'd all have one, but I kind of wonder if Alex didn't kill all of them other than Mallory.

It is quite a story, isn’t it? I guess we will never know all of it or his ‘plan’ if there truly was one. Now hearing that he lured his wife to that kennel and that she was suspicious of his intent just makes your skin crawl! Was it just happenstance that Paul was there too or was it part and parcel of the plan?

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
It is quite a story, isn’t it? I guess we will never know all of it or his ‘plan’ if there truly was one. Now hearing that he lured his wife to that kennel and that she was suspicious of his intent just makes your skin crawl! Was it just happenstance that Paul was there too or was it part and parcel of the plan?

Its anybody's guess about Paul, I think. A crazy story for sure.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
48 Hours (CBS) is going to focus on this case tonight. I have no idea if they will include Alex being charged with the murder of his wife and son.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Certainly Alex killed the housekeeper in order to steal the money that would come out of it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too have wondered what was his reason for killing his son. How on earth do you kill anyone, let alone your child? If money was his motive he had to know the Beach family would also sue him even if Paul was dead. Paul was driving Alex’s boat at the time of the accident. Supposedly the boat didn’t have lights for driving at night, He let Paul use his boat that evening. He also actively tried to get those on the boat to lie about Paul driving the boat.

I too wonder if we will ever know the true story.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I read Paul was not supposed to be there and unfortunately was killed once Maggie was shot. I would imagine the video on Paul's phone will become important evidence to prove Alex was there.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I read Paul was not supposed to be there and unfortunately was killed once Maggie was shot. I would imagine the video on Paul's phone will become important evidence to prove Alex was there.

I was also thinking that Paul was an unforeseen problem that presented itself in the killing of Maggie. She was found outside, Paul was half in/half out of the kennel. I keep focusing on the fact that two guns were used - did the "friend/cousin/drug dealer" come along, and took care of Paul because Alex couldn't do it? Or is Alex just that much of a calculating madman that he wanted to make it look like someone else by using two guns?

So crazy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow - I had not read that either! It is all so sickening.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results