shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW An outstandingly pleasant 3.09 o-p old mine cut

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful! It would also be my dream to own an old mine cut someday. That is such a beautiful diamond no matter now you choose to set it in the future.

Can you tell me what the measurements of the diamond are? We have similar sized fingers so it would be great for reference =)2

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! It would also be my dream to own an old mine cut someday. That is such a beautiful diamond no matter now you choose to set it in the future.

Can you tell me what the measurements of the diamond are? We have similar sized fingers so it would be great for reference =)2

Thanks! It's a really pretty one. The larger table made me pause initially, but I don't think it matters for performance. I usually look for a smaller table than this. But that is why buying with the eyes ultimately wins.

It's 9.28 x 8.79, with depth of 5.46 mm.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! It's a really pretty one. The larger table made me pause initially, but I don't think it matters for performance. I usually look for a smaller table than this. But that is why buying with the eyes ultimately wins.

It's 9.28 x 8.79, with depth of 5.46 mm.

Definitely have to see with your eyes. And each one is so different with different personalities. Ahh that is a very spready stone and not too deep!

I am currently looking at one that is 8.83 x 8.73 x 6.39mm. So that kinda gives me an idea of how big it would look on my fingers! Thank you! Now I have to bezel or halo or something to it hahaha.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so lush!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW @elizat, this is such a lovely stone. I really like that setting too but understand that it might not be your thing. It's really such a pretty ring!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I see what you did there, @elizat!:lol:
Wow! What a gorgeous stone and ring!
Love the size, facet pattern, slightly elongate, full shape and way it reflects all those beautiful colors! I love the lower color OMC’s for that reason! They have a certain glow.
I have an L color OMC and love watching it change with the light and environment like a kaleidoscope. Enjoy!! It looks beautiful on you!!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful....just dreamy. Congratulations.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such an amazing ring and stone!! :kiss2: I’m going to water the new little oec I bought in hopes it grows to be as big and beautiful as this one!:lol:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Such an amazing ring and stone!! :kiss2: I’m going to water the new little oec I bought in hopes it grows to be as big and beautiful as this one!:lol:

If it works let me know. I'd like to use your technique!

Omg I want to learn this technique too! Although the other method I have devised is finger liposuction. You don't need a bigger diamond, just smaller fingers right?

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
I love the carre diamonds on the size. You don't see that a lot. Maybe if you set them like a kite the ring would feel more like a 3 stone ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outstandingly pleasant and positively opulent, indeed, Bunker :bigsmile: :love:

This stone really is just lovely. So much personality... Possibly some unexpected behaviours at times! I had to look up Caysie's Tempest - beautiful!! She does look a bit solitaire-ish at the moment - the carre sides do read "accent" to me. I think she's endearing in her current dress, but in the Tempest, well, that'd be her debutante gown, wouldn't it? To join the high society that is your ring collection... Optimally positioning her for high society amongst your ring collection?
That was terrible. I'm sorry. I tried. Points for trying.

Two OECs of mine were sent off to GIA yesterday. Vendor expects them to come back S/T or U/V. I have to say, I've been collecting photos of lower-coloured stones and I really feel like I've got no idea what to expect - I don't know what I'd have guessed this not-so-little lady at but it wouldn't have been O/P.

What would you do with the little carre pair, if you reset? Any plans yet?

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful!

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

Beautiful and memento! :kiss2:
Love the low colors in old cuts! Very fond of O/P color ;)2 (enjoy my O/P OMC every day)

Hope to hear more about your CvB resetting

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

Beautiful and memento! :kiss2:
Love the low colors in old cuts! Very fond of O/P color ;)2 (enjoy my O/P OMC every day)

Hope to hear more about your CvB resetting

Thanks! I prefer low colors as well in old cuts as well. There is not a ton of visual difference head on with this one compared to a gia m cushion and an ags L old pear. Sure, there is a tint and body tone, but it's whiter facing than I expected. Direct sunlight is the worst for the color, to be expected!

The link below is the Tempest. I love emerald halos, and used to have one, but this has too much body tone for emerald to be pretty together. I will see if the setting grows on me in the interim. It's very pretty and absolutely nothing wrong with it, just less detailed than I select usually. I also didn't want to have to wait a few months to wear it while I decided!

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Its gorgeous! And the facets are to die for. :kiss2:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
So so beautiful! Enjoy it in good health. Personally, I love the setting, but the Tempest is also gorgeous!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's a beautiful stone! It really speaks to me. Love the name!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
WOW @elizat, this is such a lovely stone. I really like that setting too but understand that it might not be your thing. It's really such a pretty ring!

Thank you! I think that for most the setting would be perfect. So many here like clean settings and things you can stack bands with, but I never stack, so it feels a bit naked! We'll see what we do. I will probably wait to make a decision on reset for at least 6 months, to make sure it's the right call.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I love the carre diamonds on the size. You don't see that a lot. Maybe if you set them like a kite the ring would feel more like a 3 stone ring.

I think I will leave this setting as is, even if I reset. I will keep it intact. It's clearly been worn and loved before and I think it's a shame to dismantle.

The carre cuts are quite interesting- I agree!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
So so beautiful! Enjoy it in good health. Personally, I love the setting, but the Tempest is also gorgeous!

I like the Tempest too, but on the fence on what the best option is.

I love bows and the lacy factor of them in Edwardian pieces. I found this:

but I don't like all the stuff around it. Just the sides. But, I think the side element could be incorporated into a design on the shoulders though. I just know I like the idea of bows on the shoulders if possible if I do an Edwardian style.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shockingly gorgeous!
The setting suits it perfectly.
I hope as you wear it, you come to love the setting.
We need more photos that include cute cats.......

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that is perfect. What is it about old cuts and warmth? I certainly prefer it in them but seeing this how could anyone argue otherwise? Just perfect.

And the facets,could get lost in those. Way to go Sako! Were you waiting long with the lockdown or did he have this tucked in his vault?

As whitewave said she's so LUSH.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, this is a gorgeous diamond!!! Must be such a joy to have this on your finger @elizat!

X

X5M

Gorgeous ring. I love the chunky facets!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, just delicious. Seriously mouthwatering. Congrats.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results