shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW An anniversary blossom

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's absolutely gorgeous!! Happy early anniversary.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mayaINaU, thank you so much, I saw it and just had to have it!

@OdetteOdile, thank you! I currently have a curved Orange Blossom band but sadly it doesn’t work with this ring. Orange Blossom rings (especially with diamonds) in good shape are getting harder and harder to find.

@ItsMainelyYou, aw well thank you! I did get an amazing deal on this and especially because the premium for it being a Traub ring wasn’t factored in. I have to rely on sellers not doing their homework to find these deals.

@SandyK @lulu_ma @lala646 thank you all so much, I am really thrilled with this beauty.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Muluver, thank you and yes those smaller diamonds are really the perfect little accent and give the ring a complete look. Those smaller OEC’s have tiny little tables too, they are adorable.

@Ally T, thank you so much, I am really over the moon and she works so well with all my bands too!

@RunningwithScissors, thank you and I love “exudes romance”. I’ll try to get a group shot for you too and thanks for the anniversary wishes!

@nala, it’s a sickness what can I say? Lol! Actually years ago I was in a pawn shop and saw an OEC diamond this size in a setting that was not nearly as nice and they wanted 4K for it! I was lucky to find this for sure.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elizat, thank you! The workmanship on these rings is really amazing, even though this is simpler in design than some other Orange Blossoms, it has an inherent elegance to it. This is why I love the old stuff.

@sunnyside74, thank you so much!

@Austina, thank you and I do love that creamy color too. It’s actually a bit of a chameleon with how it looks in different lighting. That’s good to know to about the size, I think the seller was going by round brilliant pricing but since we know OEC’s tend to be deeper in depth, they weigh more. This also happened when I bought the mine cut in my DK ring, that was sold to me as 1.10 but it weighs 1.18, always a nice surprise.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I wanted to tell you about this so badly but I was trying to hold out for my anniversary and post then. Epic fail! You know I’m always up for a visit if you ever come out this way :)

@Ol-Blue, thank you! Amazingly they were found at different times and are made by different companies but they look like they were meant to be together.

Thank you so much @Sprinkles&Stones @marymm @Rubies-R-Me

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 thank you! I really owe my eye to PS because I’ve learned what to look for from reading so many threads. Before PS I was a Zales girl…yup!

@bright & shiny @LLJsmom thank you both so much, it really is a treasure and I feel so lucky to own it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no apologies necessary for such
a beauty
happy early anniversary

Thank you! I always enjoy seeing a lot of pictures on people’s threads, but it feels a bit obnoxious when it’s my thread lol!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kathley @Sparkles88 @Catmom thank you all so much!

@dmack, I didn’t know either for the same reason but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of information out there anyways. If you Google Traub rings and look at images, it will bring up some of the old ads and they are neat to look at.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much, I just got off work a little bit ago and am heading off to bed but I promise to respond to everyone individually tomorrow.

@RunningwithScissors asked about the history of Traub and I found the following information:

Traub Manufacturing Company, c.1915, located in Detroit, Michigan became very well-known for their highly sought after engagement ring and wedding band line named Orange Blossom. This exclusive brand became extremely popular because of their unique and feminine designs which were crafted in platinum, 18 karat, and 14 karat gold. The company was sold in 1990 and the United States Orange Blossom molds were sadly destroyed.

What a neat history -- thanks for sharing this with us!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a group shot that I think @nala and @RunningwithScissors asked for. Obviously less than ideal as they aren’t all facing straight but these are ALL my old cuts, some OMC, some OEC, some single cuts.

40033743-463E-4948-AD81-C8B6F6CEF4FB.jpeg

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Yada—happy early anniversary! The new addition is a stunner. And I love your collection and the stories behind them. May you and DH have many more years of treasure hunting joy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada, this ring is gorgeous!! :kiss2: I agree with Austina, that center stone matches the dimensions of an old cut 1.23 carat. Beautiful diamond and setting! Looks right at home on your finger. And your group shot is excellent! You have a wonderful collection. I hope this sparkly brightens your days and brings you joy every day!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have such a beautiful collection, and this is a gorgeous addition! Happy early anniversary!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh that’s a lovely anniversary present! Great find, you have an excellent eye. Happy anniversary

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@WhoaNelly, thank you so much! We both really enjoy treasure hunting (jewels for me, toys for him) it’s a fun way to pass our limited free time.

Thanks @canuk-gal!

Thank you @junebug17 so much! It’s really thrilling to find that it most likely is a larger carat weight. Ironically about the same as the ring I found in the pawn shop and sold to Stracci years ago. I do appreciate all your good wishes!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N, thank you so much!

Thank you @foxinsox, having “the eye” is a blessing and a curse, there is so much good stuff out there but sadly I’m not a millionaire LOL! Thank you for the anniversary wishes as well.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is GORGEOUS - I love it! My new favorite of all your rings. Congratulations!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @mrs-b, it’s my favorite too, just don’t tell the others!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada It’s so pretty! I love it so much..I know I commented somewhere before but don’t see it! You really have an eye for beautiful things..Your collection is
AMAZING..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake, thanks so much! Honestly, they just literally pop up in front of me lol! Like the pawn shop OEC I sold to Stracci, that ring was literally handed to me as I walked in the door by the owner. It’s a blessing and a curse because there are times I have to leave beautiful things behind.

@MamaBee, thank you! I love it so much! It’s literally everything I could hope for all wrapped up in one ring.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cerulean, that’s so funny about OEC’s, they are all so different in their measurements and carat weights. The pawn shop ring I found years ago was 6.9mm and turned out to be 1.23 carats, so that was a spready one! This is my biggest diamond now by mm size because my OMC is 6.5mm, so pretty thrilled about that. Excited to follow your upgrade journey, you have some amazing contenders!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results