shape
carat
color
clarity

American Idol -- my dirty secret

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 10:58:17 AM
Author: decodelighted
****NEWSFLASH***

DialIdol the website that predicts who is going home by test dialing the contestants numbers is back after a cease & deisist order from Idol producers and their latest predictions can be found here.

Or ... below

1. Taylor Hicks, 53.9734
2. Kellie Pickler, 52.4967
3. Chris Daughtry, 49.7977
4. Mandisa, 49.3474
5. Ace Young, 35.769
6. Katharine McPhee, 33.0961
7. Paris Bennett, 31.7413
8. Kevin Covais, 23.8291
9. Bucky Covington, 23.2832
10. Lisa Tucker, 21.124
11. Elliott Yamin, 13.1646

They''re overwhelmingly picking ELLIOTT to leave tonight!
23.gif
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Am I still able to vote? What number was Elliott last night?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 12:31:16 PM
Author: EBree
Am I still able to vote? What number was Elliott last night?

Sorry chick-a-dee! The voting only lasts two hours after each coast''s airing of the show! This happens once per season, where someone you COMPLETELY don''t think will get vote off DOES. (Hello Constantine!) And THEN people start voting that haven''t been voting yet.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 2:10:32 AM
Author: Mara

*must break to say...does paula seem high again or was it just the glassy eyes and rambling sentences throwing me off?*
Mara, you stole the words from my mouth! My husband and I were watching her, and we figured she HAD to be on something. Her eyes were glassy, half open and wandering. I didn''t think we''d be the only people to notice.

Usually, my husband doesn''t watch Idol with me, he isn''t a big fan. But we both agreed Chris is already a star. He certainly has that ''it'' factor.

My personal favs are: Chris, Kat and Taylor.
face23.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 11:49:35 AM
Author: Mokey
I was watching Fox news this morning and the Kimberly with blonde hair from a few idols ago was on. She does the TvGuide channel''s Idol extra. Anyway, she was saying that something people may not know about Elliott was that he is like 90% deaf in one ear and has some severe health issues. I don''t remember all of it, but she said that it would be on Idol extra, I thought it was pretty amazing that he can sound so darn good being that hard of hearing. Thought I would share. Mokey
Yes, he is diabetic. Hence, some of the reasons for his teeth decay. I doubt he could ever wear braces.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Paula definitely seems like she is on something. She mostly parrots Randy - and when she doesn''t she either makes some pat dopey comment or something odd comes out of her mouth.

saturn

Shiny_Rock
All in all, I thought that this week was much better than last week. And I have a whole new sense of respect for Barry Manilow, after seeing how great of a vocal coach he was. My one complaint is that it seemed like his some of the contestants ignored his advice and went back to the way they were originally planning to do the songs.

Mandisa- I only caught the very end of her performance, but it seemed great... Judges seemed to like her as well.

Bucky- Every week, I expect him to suck. And every week, he doesn't suck. I think he may be growing on me. I wouldn't mind if he stuck around a little longer.

Paris - I loved it. She looked cute and sounded great.

Chris- Okay, here is the thing that bugs me about Chris: Each week, he is commended for making the song "his own", when in fact what he seems to do is find a song that a rock band has already covered and then do a copycat performance of it (i.e. Red Hot Chili Peppers' cover of "Higher Ground", and Live's cover of "Walk the Line"). I mean, sure it's clever, but it's not really as earth-shatteringly original as people think it is.

Katherine- Her hair and makeup were great, but what was the deal with that dress? Once again, they managed to make her look preggo. Anyhow, she was good but not great.

Taylor- I lovelovelove Taylor, but even I have to admit that this wasn't his best week. Bad song choice, should have listened to Barry and done the awesome showy ending. Hair was definitely cute, though.

Lisa- Looked extra-young, which came across to me as desperate. I thought she did alright, but probably not well enough to keep her from going home.

Kevin- Eek. Couldn't look at the TV while he sang. And Barry wanted him to make his performance MORE VULNERABLE?!?! I mean, this kid is so vulnerable that it seems like he could break at any second. GO BACK TO GLEE CLUB!!

Elliot- I like him, but I feel like I just didn't get it. He was good but not great. Didn't like the wierd goatee.

Kellie- Good song choice, but the girl bugs the heck out of me. The dumb country blonde act is getting really old.

Ace- The longer the competition goes, the more obvious it becomes that he is out of his league. He just doesn't have the vocals that the other contestants do. Plus, he's creepy.

It really seemed like they were trying to push Ace this week. It was like "Look America! You have to vote for Ace because little seven-year-olds love him! Last week, he was in the bottom three! You don't want to make this adorable little girl cry, do you?" Plus, they had him go last. Ugh.

My guess is that Lisa will go home this week.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Anybody else see this a few days ago?

When judging the contestants’ performances, Simon Cowell basically says something like, “You really sucked just then, mate” while Paula tends to say, “Puppies kittens bunnies teddy bears not the best song choice for me but that’s okay, sweetie, sunshine happiness flowers.”

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11928034/

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats so true Starset...I really identify most strongly with Simon because he's so blunt and honest about stuff and he really does try to judge their singing more often than Paula IMO....who is just judging who'd be most likely to be her next boytoy.

Oh I am so bummed at the thought of Elliott going home! If he is in the bottom three tonite I will definitely start voting even though it's kind of early for me...typically we don't start voting til it's down to the final 6 or so...and we have a strong favorite. Right now I tend to hang back and see what the rest of America is doing, which is 'stupid things' obviously! I could see Lisa, Cocky and Bucky in the bottom three but not Elliott. And that # of calls for him was SO low, 13k when even the other low ones had 21k? That seems TOO low. I hope it's not true.

Anyway, yes F&I getting past the plastic face, BM was a breath of fresh air for the contestants IMO re: tips, I though that he was really getting through to some of them as to how to sing the song..I realized that was what some of these contestants were missing, that it's not just about belting out the song in your great voice, but rather trying to infuse some soul and personality into it and really tell the story. To me Chris has that down pat and you get 'lost' in his eyes and his smokey voice, whereas some of the others sometimes just distract you with their song choice, or funky dance moves or kewpie doll appearance, or trying to be too ambitious in a song rather than simply just taking it and really singing it how it should be sung. Chris's outfit was kind of wonky last nite but I didn't really care because he sounded so damn good I couldn't even really concentrate on other things. So for me putting Taylor in that distracting pale blue suit and WHITE SHOES just takes away from him because that is all some people (ME!) can focus on!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Good comments all! Love reading them each week. And Mara - I agree that Paula is on something. If she''s sober, I''m even more scared for her.

First, I was kinda touched by ole'' copacabana Barry. He was really nice to the AI hopefuls. Never been a big Fanilow, but that was sweet.

Song Song Review -

The SUPER GOOD -

Chris - Okay, I totally love him. I thought his version of I walk the line was way good. So unique and awesome. Plus, he''s all smoldery and delish! And boy did he make that song his own. Awesome awesome. Plus, the all black? Nice shout out to Johnny Cash.

Mandisa - Wow. She looked and sounded fabu. Not a bad thing to say.

The Pretty Good (near meh)
Paris - Alright, she looked better tonight, and I thought her version of Fever was good. There''s just something about her that bugs.

Kat - I thought her dress last night was really lovely. The song...again, didn''t really do it for me. I appreciate that she''s good...but she just doesn''t do it for me.

Ace - So shoot me. I am a softie for a pretty face. I thought he did alright last night. And I think he''s wicked cute. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

The People I KNOW I Should Like, but I just DO NOT LIKE THEM

Elliot - I just don''t dig him. I guess his voice is alright...but he just instills such a sense of MEH in me. And I''ll note that I was tired last night and listened to him with my eyes closed...so it isn''t on account of his severe lack of cuteness. I just don''t feel it. I need a little personality with my sings. And also, dissing on Barry after he gave time and effort to help you. Not cool snaggletooth. Not cool at all.

Kellie, "I''m a mink" Pickler - I know she''s cute. And I know she''s a little bit country. But I just don''t feel like she''s that special. And I swear that she sounded like she was French when she sang the "searchin'' for you" part. Even Mr. Littlelysser noticed. If you have tivo, check it out. You''ll see... Anyway, I don''t like her that much.

The Actually Pretty Decent Performance but I will Voice my Dislike on Account of a HIDEOUS Powder Blue Suit-

Taylor. Dude. I don''t even know what you sang. That outfit was sooooo bad it was painful. It burned my eyes and somehow rendered me deaf while you sang. All I remember is powder blue...powder blue...powder blue...Seriously, I don''t remember liking or hating it...powder blue....powder blue...powder blue...

The Meh

Bucky - Welcome to Sucktown, population you. Blech. Didn''t like it one bit. NO NO NO. SUcky hair, Sucky song, Sucky Bucky. Sorry ya''ll that like him, I just thought was below sub par. Way below.

Lisa - Sorry, I think she''s a cute kind, but that song was about as exciting as watching primer dry. Not paint, mind you, because sometimes that changes colors as it dries...but primer. AND WHAT WAS UP WITH SHORTS? with high heels. Red ones? C''MON PEOPLE. That was vomitous.

Kevin - Just.Shut.Up. That is all.

I''m thinking Elliot or Bucky is audi 5000.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock

Paula needs to lay off the crackpipe...and did she have Botox eye or what? She''s lucky she didn''t poke out someone''s eye with all the crazy arm waving!

I wish wish wish Cocky would go home...but I think it will be Lisa. She can sing better than he can, and she''s cute...but she just doesn''t connect and make you want to see her again? I think she''s better than Bucky as well, but there is something likeable about him!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 1:47:47 PM
Author: littlelysser

Plus, he''s all smoldery and delish!

So shoot me. I am a softie for a pretty face.

Not cool snaggletooth.

That outfit burned my eyes and somehow rendered me deaf while you sang. All I remember is powder blue...powder blue...powder blue...Seriously, I don''t remember liking or hating it...powder blue....powder blue...powder blue...

Bucky - Welcome to Sucktown, population you. Blech. Didn''t like it one bit. NO NO NO. SUcky hair, Sucky song, Sucky Bucky.
Ahhhhhh. My Wednesday is complete.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed today''s recaps! Especially the live-blog! I am astounded that Mara can make a brownie last so long. Bravo girlfriend!
36.gif
! I think we should all do live-blogging more often because we all know we watch the show thinking of PS! Caman! Admit it!

The TOP!

MANDIVA! Girlfriend looked fabulous! Everything about her performance was sublime.

Chris! Whoever said that women love a loyal man is right on the money. I loved his voice. Loved his performance. But, what I loved the most is how you could REALLY tell he was singing this for his wife. He was smoldering HOT HOT HOT! I felt like licking him. I don''t know why?
13.gif

The MIDDLE!

Katharine:
Hated the dress. It clung to her in all the wrong places. Hated the extensions. She has gorgeous hair, stop fussing with it. The song was good! She is a GREAT technical singer. I don''t think ANY other AI contestant could have done this song justice. There is something that''s missing though sometimes? I can''t put my finger on it.

Taylor: The suit was an abomination. It should be burned. The song was too low for him. All in all, however, he''s the one who used the stage best. It wasn''t the best performance, but I still liked it.

Elliott: His vibrato was out of control last night. It was a boring performance because it was JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER performance he''s done on Idol. He has a beautiful voice though. I hope he doesn''t go home.

Paris: She looked cute and she sounded, well, cute. The problem is that "Fever" is a lusty, sultry, and sensuous song. All I got from Paris were power notes. She didn''t connect at all with the song because she is only 17 and has no concept of tingling fever (see Chris). She was just singing the song for the money notes. Points off for already having performed the song exactly the same way during auditions.

The BOTTOM!

Bucky:
I was bored. He has a nice tone to his voice but he has 0 control over it. Voice lessons will help but it may take years for him to get it. (It took me years). He has too much growl and it takes away from his smoky vocals. That said, I would never go see a Bucky concert so I know what Simon is saying. He is not a frontman. I think he''d be a good in a bar band. Further than that. I''m sorry Bucky because, I like you!

Kevin: I laughed my butt off during his whole performance. Why? Because when I looked at the screen all I could see was Chicken Little singing "When I fall in love." He has the perfect Chicken Little singing voice. All nasally and sort of annoying. His vibrato is out of control! There is a difference between a controlled vibrato and an uncouscious vibrato. His is the latter and it is grating on my last nerve.

Kellie: I fell asleep. I didn''t see it. The husband woke me up during judges criticism saying "you are sleeping during your show." So I saw the end where she said, "Umm Ummm, Ummm, my eye lashes are better." I put her in the bottom without hearing her perform because I don''t like Kellie.

The BARREL!

Ace:
Poor poor misguided Sammy. I think she may have some hearing damage. I agree that they were WAY over-pimping Ace last night. I don''t get it. I find him creepy looking, not cute. His voice is SO BAD. That nasally rendition of Simon''s favorite song????? I have no words to describe it. And I''m sorry Barry, but the only thing that "melted" during Ace''s falsetto ending was my eardrum. Thanks a lot.

Lisa: She was Mandisa''s antithesis tonight. The timing was all wrong. She looked cutesy. Her performance was cutesy. She didn''t connect at all with the song because she was too busy executing her choreography of cutesy dance steps and star search expressions. Big smile, step step, look at camera, money note, scrunch face. Big smile, step step, look at camera, money note, scrunch face. Bye Lisa.

I want chicken little to go home, but the fact is that he didn''t do the worse tonight. I laughed my butt off, but he wasn''t the worse. I think that Lisa will go home tonight.

ELLIOTT MUST STAY!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 2:26:25 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
Chris! Whoever said that women love a loyal man is right on the money. I loved his voice. Loved his performance. But, what I loved the most is how you could REALLY tell he was singing this for his wife. He was smoldering HOT HOT HOT! I felt like licking him. I don't know why?
13.gif
LOL!

Elliott must stay. If he goes tonight, I won't watch AI anymore. If America keeps Bucky and Kevin over my beloved Elliott, it'll prove my point....the AI viewing public wouldn't know talent if it bit them in the arse.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
"the only thing that ''melted'' during Ace''s falsetto ending was my eardrum. Thanks a lot."

ROFL!!!

Okay girls I actually ate 1.5 brownies last nite...I ''fess up!
5.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
All you Ace Haters just don''t get his appeal. He''s like the cleaned up, bleached version of Constantine, who I found way to skeevy to even handle. But Ace is like your mother''s version of Constantine. See? No? Guess it is just me.

Mara - Even one and a half brownies is impressive, really. I have NO control around brownies...what with their delicious chocolate moist chewiness. mmmmmm.

FTLOD - Word on Chris. Totally lickable. God, I feel like a perv!

And I do think about you guys when I watch this...we should try to hook up to do it in real time next week...at least us east coasters...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 3:14:52 PM
All you Ace Haters just don''t get his appeal. He''s like the cleaned up, bleached version of Constantine, who I found way to skeevy to even handle. But Ace is like your mother''s version of Constantine. See? No? Guess it is just me.

Mara - Even one and a half brownies is impressive, really. I have NO control around brownies...what with their delicious chocolate moist chewiness. mmmmmm.

And I do think about you guys when I watch this...we should try to hook up to do it in real time next week...at least us east coasters...
*sobs* I will feel so left out!

It''d be fun if everyone did a live/TiVo blog one week to see what we all noticed or commented on while watching!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha Mara, I thought the same thing about Ace. He may be good looking but he can''t sing for squat. Sorry to all of you that love him.
3.gif

someday

Rough_Rock
Even though I am not in your group, but I just had to make one or two comments....(BTW I didn''t watch last night, but from the last couple of weeks this is what I got) I know hurt me, but Kellie and Kevin are interesting. They don''t have the best voice, but they keep me from falling asleep. Kevin is just in an awkard stage and Kellie is almost like Jessica Simpson w/o the voice and some other stuff. They keep me coming back each week, you HAVE to have something else than just a voice in a performance.
P.S. I don''t think Kellie or Kevin should be the next American Idol, but they don''t need to go home so soon.

don''t judge me for my likeness of Kellie and Kevin

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I personally love, love, love Katharine singing! She would have really done a torchy job on the "Fever" song, too...Ace is a little hottie and his singing was ok, not fabulous, but not bad either...better than several already mentioned--hello--Kevin for one. Please, send this little man home to grow up a wee bit more...please. Chris was definitely a ''lickable'' yummy!
emsmilep.gif
I didn''t see Taylor singing but I heard him. I was helping a child with a project at the table, so from where I was, he sounded pretty good. I got spared the powder blue ambush. Kellie is good, but just too country for me. I only liked her Melissa Ethridge song so far. Lisa? Time to pack your bags lil one...She seemed to be trying too hard...and Simon said it right about appearing to be at a teen age musical...Bucky...so sorry, you are yucky! Mandisa seems to hold her own. Elliott is good, but I agree on the comment mentioned about his vibrato. Paris was dressed the part, and gave it her best, but for me, this is a majorly sultry song that needs a big voice to present it right...that''s why I said Katharine would handle it well.

Sorry if I forgot some others...I can''t wait for the show tonight...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Fun! A real live GANG BLOG.
36.gif
I''m IN!!!

Sux that the Westies wouldn''t be "live" though. How would they ever not peep & ruin it for themselves. I don''t have that kind of willpower. Which is why you''ll never catch me eating HALF a brownie
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 3/22/2006 3:40:44 PM
Author: decodelighted

Fun! A real live GANG BLOG.
36.gif
I''m IN!!!

Sux that the Westies wouldn''t be ''live'' though. How would they ever not peep & ruin it for themselves. I don''t have that kind of willpower. Which is why you''ll never catch me eating HALF a brownie
11.gif
HEY! I ate half a brownie because that was all that was left!
41.gif

Greg came home and was like where are the brownies...
20.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
1. I am SO in on the "Gang Blog" ROFL Or a tivo''d GANG BLOG. Either or, i''m IN!

2. Mara! I''m sorry that Kevin stresses you out to the point where you feel you need to polish off the brownie plate...
15.gif

3. Lysser: Embrace your inner perv! AND I totally don''t get the Ace/Brett appeal. I compare ace to porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers look good and all, but they are sort of creepy.

4. Someday: We won''t judge you if you don''t vote
11.gif

5. Agreed on the Fever thing for Katharine. She would have to wear a sexy red little number!

Can''t wait for tonite!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I know there''s nothing I can do about it now but,

Please don''t let Elliott go home!!!!! Not Yet!!!!!
39.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock

I''m perving right along with ya! He''s so yummy, and I loved that he was probably singing that song to his wife...who is home recovering from a hysterectomy! (People magazine said so, so it must be true!
2.gif
) Wonder if the song choice had something to do with little Picklegirl hanging all over him!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 2:26:25 PM

Katharine:
Hated the dress. It clung to her in all the wrong places. Hated the extensions. She has gorgeous hair, stop fussing with it. The song was good! She is a GREAT technical singer. I don''t think ANY other AI contestant could have done this song justice. There is something that''s missing though sometimes? I can''t put my finger on it.
She can sing, and she''s beautiful....but, she''s seems so FAKE and rehearsed! She should be more natural and less contrived IMHO!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
MARA!

DON't READ THIS! DON't READ THIS!

DON't READ THIS!

DON't READ THIS!!

All the others!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel sorta sorry for the little dude, he looks so sad.

So, dial up, and votefortheworse is not real "up on it" this year.

ANYWho!

I can't believe pickler. "What is a ballsy!!!! " NOW COMON!!!! You guys can see through that can't you????????? can't you?????? OY! And did you see how Chris said "I can't believe you said that." I hate to say it! I HATE to say it, especially considering the hysterectomy news... BUT there seems to be some flirting going on.

Did anyone notice how PASTY Ace was in the commercial??????????? Um.. YUCK!

That's it for me. I hope you didn't read Mara.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
results are in and all I can say is

OH. MY. GOD!

E B

Ideal_Rock
OMG, WHO WAS IT?

notelliottnotelliottnotelliott....

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree: shhhhhh, shhhhhh... Mara hasn''t watched the show yet. Scroll down.

chicken little.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results