shape
carat
color
clarity

American Idol -- my dirty secret

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say he handled himself well. Paula was tearing up from the beginning, she is wack on crack fo sho.
20.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara don''t read until you''ve watched
9.gif

OK, I''m soooooo happy, seriously doing the happy Dance. I started feeling relief when Ryan said Elliot was safe. WOOHOO!!!!! Then I knew the 3 in the middle were the bottom vote getters. I still cannot believe it was Little. Even Lisa looked surprised it wasn''t her. America got it right this week
36.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Mara Spoiler!

For the record! I''ve predicted 2 in a row!
36.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
UGH!! How can I be so mad and so happy at the same time?? My fantasy idol is totally ruined because my dumb self went in and *changed my votes* last night --- had Cocky going home tonight and changed it to Lisa. Crap. And hooray.
hmph :)
jen

E B

Ideal_Rock

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I knew it was going to be either Kevin or Lisa...Poor guy in some ways, but he is very talented and he will have his career soon enough, that''s for sure...He did handle himself very maturely, I thought...And I agree, Lisa did look quite surprised...but I know her time is coming...and she knows it too...
emotion-18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

No bodily dragging off the stage necessary next week!

COCKY LIDDLE IS GONE!!!!! DING DONG THE LIDDLE IS DEAD!!!

Go America, definitely got it right this time!!! The bottom three tonite were the ones who deserved it IMO!
NOW...it's time for BANANA CHEESECAKE in celebration!!!!!!!!
36.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 9:37:21 PM
Author: kaleigh
. Paula was tearing up from the beginning, she is wack on crack fo sho.
20.gif
Not a picture from last night, but you get the picture...

paula_abdul_blames_simon.jpg

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
My parents were in town and my Mom was so happy she actually lifted her hands to the sky and went WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I am happy Chicken Little is gone. But seeing his post-mortem (and really, must they make it seem like the person died?) I remembered that once upon a time I kind of liked him.

And FTLOD - the pastiness of my little ace-cake was not lost on me. It grossed me out. way.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
as soon as they got past Elliot last night I didn''t care WHAT happened. LOL
I knew that Chris, Kat and Taylor wouldn''t be going anywhere so that wasn''t a concern.

I felt bad for Chicken little. I really did. And then I remembered that the kid is 16-17 and there was no way he would have made it much farther in any case. Heck dude could go back to school - grow into his head some - get some more vocal lessons and come back in a year or two and really stun the heck out of everyone.

Honestly - I was shocked Lisa stayed (so was she - we rewound to see the look of shock/glance at Ryan to make sure he wasn''t kidding look that came from her) and I really was hoping that Bucky would go -- but we can all be happy with Chicken Little - so all is good with the world!!

Anybody hear what the theme is for next week?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock

Simply put...................

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

America DID get it right!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep paula looked tweaked again last nite, is it just me or does the camera seem to purposefully rest on her for long seconds, giving us ample time to digest the glassy eyes and bad liner without having to rewind? thanks cameraman. those are shots i really don't need to see.

i was sooo happy it wasn't elliott either!! once they got past him i also was like yeah whatever....i'm happy. hahaha. and i'm a dumbass, i missed the commercial, i was too busy ffwd'ing to see who wasn't getting the ax! i also missed the comment from chris to pickle...hmmmm. that 'what's ballsy' thing was a little over the top, tone it down kel...

ETA...awww am i the only westie in this thread? i'll be all behind in the 'live blog' next week...hehee.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
In honor of Mara, let's all live blog AI next week with brownies (1.5 to be precise, oh wait there's 3 below - more for me) !!!

http://dialidol.com/asp/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19 "Well the good news, in my opinion, is that the person with the least talent left the show."

cutout_brownies_large.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 10:04:53 AM
Author: fire&ice

Simply put...................

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

America DID get it right!
AMEN!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Next Week: Songs from the 21st Century!

Do they do this theme every year? They did it last year, right?

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 12:09:41 PM
Author: Mara

ETA...awww am i the only westie in this thread? i''ll be all behind in the ''live blog'' next week...hehee.

No, Mara, I''m Pacific North West. I have a friend in Florida who sends me an email blog with the title "SPOILER!" each week, which I mustn''t open until I''ve seen the show and then we compare notes.

She and I think that Kevin ought to be invited back each week for the rest of the season as the show mascot, he could wear a little chicken costume and dance us out at the end on Tuesdays.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard briefly on the news tonight that Paula may get the boot as she was being difficult. Her reps denied this. But my news station ( local ) said that Jessica Simpson and Brittany Spears were being considered for a possible replacement?? Anyone else hear this?? Can''t say I am surprised though. Paula has been acting a bit wacko.
20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 6:10:21 PM
I heard briefly on the news tonight that Paula may get the boot as she was being difficult. Her reps denied this. But my news station ( local ) said that Jessica Simpson and Brittany Spears were being considered for a possible replacement?? Anyone else hear this?? Can''t say I am surprised though. Paula has been acting a bit wacko.
20.gif

I did hear something like that too ... that at least they were CONSIDERING replacing her with one of the blondies above.

Speaking of blondies ... well brownies ... those yumbo b-nie pix are making me REALLY, REALLY look forward to next week''s "Live Gang Blog-N-Brownie". Til TUES!!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 6:34:34 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 3/24/2006 6:10:21 PM
20.gif

I did hear something like that too ... that at least they were CONSIDERING replacing her with one of the blondies above.

Speaking of blondies ... well brownies ... those yumbo b-nie pix are making me REALLY, REALLY look forward to next week''s ''Live Gang Blog-N-Brownie''. Til TUES!!!!
I''m totally in, even though I''m on the west coast. Oh, and I''m going to have to make dairy-free brownies.
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm brownies.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sooooo. Has anyone else heard about the "big controversy" about Chris Daughtrey?? Here is one article about it.

Apparently people are hoppin'' mad that he perhaps pretended that his version of "Walk The Line" was original - whereas it was actually done EXACTLY that way by the band Live in 2001?

Is it Chris''s fault (for not saying - like he DID the previous week, crediting the Red Hot Chili Peppers for their re-do of Higher Ground)

Is it the Producer''s fault (for maybe telling him NOT to say - or not telling the judges that it was based on a previous re-mix)

Is it NOT A BIG DEAL?

Do you think this mix-up will affect CHRIS''s chance to win??

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Let me just preface what I''m about to say by stating I AM NOT AN ACE YOUNG FAN (nor am I seven years old and named Sammie
3.gif
!

However, Ace sang "In the Still of the Night" different than the original and perhaps, put his own twist on it and got noooooo recognition for it.

Too much playing up the rocker. I think maybe the producers ''accidentally'' edited it out.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 3:06:04 PM

Is it NOT A BIG DEAL?

I don''t think it will affect his chance to win. But, the judges have accused other contestants of doing Karaoke performances of other artists..he now seemingly is doing the same thing but with Rock songs the general public (and the judges apparently) are not so familiar with.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 4:08:19 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 3/27/2006 3:06:04 PM

Is it NOT A BIG DEAL?

I don''t think it will affect his chance to win. But, the judges have accused other contestants of doing Karaoke performances of other artists..he now seemingly is doing the same thing but with Rock songs the general public (and the judges apparently) are not so familiar with.

Here''s what I have read:
1. The version Chris did is NOT exactly the same as the version Live did. They are both "rock" versions - true - but they are not the same arrangement.
2. I don''t believe Chris even once said he made up the arrangements on his own -- I believe all he said is that he wanted to do Walk the Line with a rock twist. That could mean ANYTHING. I do think it is unfortunate that the judges were praising him for doing something original -- making it seem to the audience that he had made all of this up by himself out of the blue.

And honestly -- there DOES exist the possibility that Chris had never heard Live''s version?? It''s not like they are a huge band - or that that song had been a huge hit or something. I personally have never heard their version or even heard OF it until this whole thing.

I think it is just another way for the show to create drama -- it might hurt chris in the next couple of weeks - but in the long run I think people will forget or not care about it.

Granted - I am a huge Chris fan - and that will not change - so this is a little biased
25.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am not familiar with the Live version but this article and a few others say the version Chris sang last week was "spot on." Personally, I don't care, he did great but if he really did karaoke an already done song, it makes his original arrangement/staying true to himself not so impressive. That said, I don't think it's going to hurt him in the long run. I don't think people think he is the best singer up there, it's his rock star image that will take him far whether he covers an already done song, or really does his own thing.

saturn

Shiny_Rock
I agree with mrssalvo.
It does bother me a little that he seemingly took credit for the original arrangement rather than crediting Live (if you listen to Live''s version, it is obvious that is where Chris got his arrangement). I mean, he credited the Red Hot Chili Peppers for "Higher Ground" and still got props from the judges for originality. Why not do the same thing with "Walk the Line"?

But in the end, AI is about the performance not the originality, so I don''t think this will be affect his chances very much.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was curious what you guys thought!

I''m a CHRIS fan too, and knowing a bit about TV prod....I kinda think he got swept up by the producers or something, if he even had ANY say in not telling ... I mean, why credit one week & keep it secret the next ... I don''t think it''s Chris''s fault.

I HOPE it doesn''t have a bad effect ... but am wondering if America, not realizing how much is controlled by the producers really, might get all p*ssed off at CHRIS. Since he''s the "real" guy ... & this might seem "shady".

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Should we start a new thread called "Easties Blog" or "Live Gang Blog-N-Brownie" (that cracks me up) just for the play by play and leave this thread open for general discussion. Maybe it would be less tempting for the Westies to open this thread tomorrow night. Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results