shape
carat
color
clarity

American Idol -- my dirty secret

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 12:56:11 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 3/21/2006 10:44:38 AM

Author: Starset Princess

Anyone care to guess who''s going home before we hear them sing?

I think BUCKY''s up next on my ''countdown to BUH-BYE''. 50''s week could be bad for a Country Boy. (But I''ve also got my eye on Ace & Lisa Tucker to exit stage MEH).

I have Bucky going home next too, but i can see Ace or Lisa going to just because of the MEH factor
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 12:56:11 PM

I think BUCKY''s up next on my ''countdown to BUH-BYE''. 50''s week could be bad for a Country Boy. (But I''ve also got my eye on Ace & Lisa Tucker to exit stage MEH).
LOL @ "exit stage MEH"!

I''m with you, Deco. Buh-bye, Bucky. Your growl just doesn''t cut it.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure how much "pull" vote for the worst has but they take credit for people like icky Scott from last year.

Do you all seriously rather see Kevin up there than Bucky????? Why oh why??????

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 2:46:16 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
Do you all seriously rather see Kevin up there than Bucky????? Why oh why??????

NO NO A THOUSAND TIMES NO. I''m predicting not wishing! OF COURSE I''d rather see Cocky Middlin'' go before ANYONE ELSE. I just think he ain''t goin'' nowhere - but further into the dubious conciousness of American Television Viewers.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
You ever read the Jaded recaps on the AI site and notice that he refuses to call the guy Ace and instead calls him Brett? (presumably his real first name) It took me a few paragraphs - Who the hell is Brett? But Ace was the only one he hadn''t mentioned so voila!

You guys are right. I didn''t consider that Kevin Little could actually come across kitchy campy and cute for 50''s week whereas Bucky won''t come off as endearing growling the Platters. But, Bucky could growl a good Elvis. Would Lisa fair well singing Patti Page? Ah who cares!!! Just get rid of that stinking chicken!!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''m gonna be using my t-mobile minutes for Bucky tonite!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Chicken Little MUST go! If you see a crazed middleaged women tackle the big buckin chicken & carry him off stage, you know I've reached my limit!
3.gif

I hear you about Bucky being able to do 50's - but you never know. I'm still rooting for him to stay around a couple more rounds. As for the Chicken - off with his head! I'd rather see Scott Salvo make a subsitution.
6.gif

.....waiting for our recaps tomorrow!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 6:20:13 PM
Author: fire&ice
Chicken Little MUST go! If you see a crazed middleaged women tackle the big buckin chicken & carry him off stage, you know I''ve reached my limit!
3.gif

I hear you about Bucky being able to do 50''s - but you never know. I''m still rooting for him to stay around a couple more rounds. As for the Chicken - off with his head! I''d rather see Scott Salvo make a subsitution.
6.gif

.....waiting for our recaps tomorrow!
BITE YOUR TONGUE!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Wow!

Mandisa looked AWESOME!!! Check out that necklace - I wonder if they lent her real bling?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
not reading...not reading!!! it''s only 6pm here!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sorry to those of you who like him.....but, sucky Bucky must go home! and Chicken Little too!
doesnt matter to me in what order, but they both gotta go!

I wont comment on each singer, for those of you who have not seen it yet, BUT, anyone else notice Paula''s left eye????The eye she had hiding under her wall of bangs???? It looked disgusting! I never noticed it before, so maybe she had pink eye, or a cold or something....but it looked droopy and wierd! OR, maybe she took some drugs or drank before again....who knows with that lady!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
*warning: very long, snarky and rambling post below*

okay so tonite started and i had a full belly and a brownie in my hand and life was good. then i saw barry manilow! good god man lay off the friggin plastic surgery!! i mean sure he's never been the best looking dude, but it's REALLY obvious here that he's not aging naturally. kinda scary actually.

so they all file in and damn if they don't all look WAY better tonite in terms of the stylin'...!! well sorry except Taylor because i'm so not diggin' on the funky ass satin light blue suit buddy.

starts it off with mandesa...wow! talk about just cleaning out the pipes, she sounded absolutely awesome, rocked the house and she looked really beautiful too. simon loved it, you know that's some praise. i loved her makeup. the rhinestones were a little overkill for me but whatever.

*must break to say...does paula seem high again or was it just the glassy eyes and rambling sentences throwing me off?*

bucky, gosh i seem to find myself strangely more impressed week after week, is he growing on me? he may be!! like an odd fungus. i think it may be contagious..watch it gals!! however that hair and the gold chain has just GOT to go. far..far..away.

and up next it's paris...loved the 'thought he was going to sing the way i talk'...she does have that baby voice but her voice is really stunning, i just love how she can lilt it up and down like she did in her audition performance. finally she toned down the psycho bouncy doll vibe. and how cute was her dress? didn't really love the hairdo though. halfway through the brownie now...i'm making it last.

*must break again to say that constantile maroulis in the audience was gross...i never liked him, he looks like he needs a serious bath and a haircut*

CHRIS! i love this man. in my latest In Touch the idols said what they would do if they won the competition and Chris said that he would take his wife out and buy her a whole new wardrobe to make her smile or something super cute and sappy like that. awww Chris. MY spring closet is looking kinda sparse. oh yeah and his performance was awwww too. his voice was like velvet. his wife is a lucky woman.

*must break yet again to say WTF paula, did anyone else see her waving her arm up like she was riding a bull, and screaming woo woo after Chris's performance? holy mother of god woman, calm those hormones!!*

uh oh it's katherine mcphee and gosh i really don't like her in her little sidebar with ryan...was it just me or did she seem really full of herself? but she did look really beautiful up there on stage in her little dress with the soft wavy curls. i was entranced...well until the brownie was gone and then i was just bitter. she may have the most precise voice with her training but she just SO does not grab me with her singing. i daydreamed about a new brownie the rest of the performance.

taylor...well he sounded okay, i thought the song was a little boring for him, but i couldn't get past the suit and the white shoes. nuff said. i did like the saxaphone player though! his hip little hat just made taylor look even worse in the blue satin. but the audience was screaming so i guess they like him.

*omg andrew firestone sighting!!! i adore him! now if andrew was up on the stage i surely wouldn't be daydreaming about brownies or dissing his blue suit.*

gosh i'm getting tired and we are only halfway through. what is lisa wearing?? not into the clamdiggers. i really like this song but she sounded really ODD, i felt like she was all over the place with her vocals, she hit the big notes but the rest felt kind of hurried or uneven somehow. didn't love it.

oh no..it's kevin...now i'm feeling cranky. the brownies are totally gone and cocky liddle is up. boycotting...i don't even watch. die cocky die! ok...well i had to rewind and watch and he actually sounded great, best performance of his ever by far. but i still want him GONE. I didn't see anyone with large flashing diamonds leap up and tackle him, gosh ladies, do I have to do EVERYTHING myself?!

elliott. he's totally endearing himself to me!! but the goatee thing has to go. i just really love his voice...he's so smooth and i can close my eyes and just listen. i actually even liked the tie and shirt combo...gosh what's wrong with me? and paula was moved.

*does anyone else think simon was being kinda nice tonight cuz his girlfriend was in the audience? tee hee*

pick pickler is up next. i'm kinda torn on kellie because i loved her originally but she's been so meh lately...oh but then i heard the song she was going to sing and i perked up. she sounded AWESOME!! i think she finally found a song that worked for her. her 'walking' was a little too reminiscent of jessica simpons' 'these boots are made for walkin' but whatever. simon liked it! oooh but bad big yellow butt shot. awww and grandpa is in the audience too. family vote!

ahhh last but not least, thank god, it's ace. how sad is is that the favorite of a 7 year old is ace? i'll answer that. very sad. she can't even dial a phone. and then the singing started. i actually did fast forward through this one. i wouldn't mind him in the bottom 3 again this time, just so i don't have to hear his wavery falsetto wannabe voice anymore.

the stars of the evening? for me it was chris, paris, elliott, kellie, and mandisa. the rest were good and better but not best. but EVERYONE sounded better tonite! i think they are finally getting somewhere with their vocal coach. and barry was GREAT for the idols...he really helped them out and i think made some of them 1000% better with even little touches. gosh who is going home? they were all actually very good...hard to say!! even though of course we all know who has to go.
11.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! Mara! Were you live blogging AI tonight? I have to go back & soak up the snark again!

Just found this cool link though ... PSYCHICS predict winner of AMERICAN IDOL (but don't get TOO excited. one of the so-called psychics predicts an appearance on ELLEN for herself
20.gif
)

Don't. Have. Strength. To. Rank. (talk to me after a pot of coffee in the a.m.!)
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 2:46:14 AM
Ha! Mara! Were you live blogging AI tonight?
HAHA you caught me...I figured why not....what''s TiVo for anyway?!!?!
31.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
nice recap Mara!!! you should grab a brownie and your laptop every episode!! LOL. I'm way too lazy to write my own so I'll just comment on yours
11.gif

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 1019px">

then i saw barry manilow! good god man lay off the friggin plastic surgery!!
What I thought was hilarious is everyone is all trying to act all impressed to be "working" with him - and you know they are all thinking -- WTF? We go from STEVIE to BARRY??? Something ain't right. Although he did seem to give everyone good advice.

so they all file in and damn if they don't all look WAY better tonite in terms of the stylin'
We noticed that too -- You know the stylists got some crap for how everyone looked last week.

starts it off with mandesa... rocked the house and she looked really beautiful too.
Yup - I liked the peek-a-boo arm things. That way she looks slimmer - without the crazy arms that wave themselves. Her hair was super pretty to. She really had a great night

bucky, gosh i seem to find myself strangely more impressed week after week, is he growing on me?
You must have definitely caught something. I just can't stand him. Pretty hair or grungy hair it all has to go. He was boring and the song sounded out of tune from where I was sitting.

and up next it's paris...loved the 'thought he was going to sing the way i talk'...she does have that baby voice but her voice is really stunning,
Yup this week- back to what we saw in auditions. Back before she didn't annoy the heck out of me. Let's hope she sticks to performances like last night - then I'll love her till the day she gets cut!

CHRIS! Ok - what else to say?? He did Johnny Cash and made it his OWN. You know he could have recorded that song and it would sell like hotcakes. Speaking of hotcakes -- seriously could this guy get any more gorgeous??

WTF paula, did anyone else see her waving her arm up like she was riding a bull, and screaming woo woo after Chris's performance? "Holy Crap!!! Paula's in HEAT!" -- no joke - those words shouted themselves out of my mouth when I saw her.

uh oh it's katherine mcphee and gosh i really don't like her in her little sidebar with ryan...was it just me or did she seem really full of herself? Yeah - you could TOTALLY tell that whole little "spontanious" conversation was scripted. She looked so uncomfortable - and it totally came over and being stuck up.
But I have to disagree - I really like her - her's and Chris' songs were the only 2 that we rewound to rewatch

taylor.., i thought the song was a little boring for him, WAY BORING. Didn't even hear the whole thing cause we accidentally started talking in the middle of his performance. Only we didn't care enough to rewind and rewatch. Taylor earns his first MEH tonight!!

i really like this song but she sounded really ODD, i felt like she was all over the place with her vocals,
Dare I say it?? I think she is going home tonight. Gotta love her - but she is just not getting it done in this competition. No personality - no awesome WOW performances. That is way worse than being Sucky Bucky or Chicken Little in this competition.

it's kevin he actually sounded great, best performance of his ever by far. but i still want him GONE.
Agreed - nuff said.

elliott. he's totally endearing himself to me!! but the goatee thing has to go. i just really love his voice...he's so smooth and i can close my eyes and just listen. i actually even liked the tie and shirt combo...
LOL - we were saying the same thing. He seemed really geniune in his little chat with Ryan. I'm liking the pseudo preppy look on him. And the boy has an amazing voice.

pick pickler is up next. I hate to say it. I really do - cause she is so cute and dumband she doesn't even sound that bad. I.DON'T.LIKE.KELLIE!

ahhh last but not least, thank god, it's ace. I'm guessing he is bottom 3 for sure. The judges gushed but I couldn't even listen to him sing I was so embarassed for him! He sounded horrible!! I'm still cringing this morning everytime I think of it.
My Ranking after last night:
Chris
Mandisa
Katherine
Elliot
Paris
Taylor
Kellie
Kevin
Ace
Bucky
Lisa

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Tonight - Barry Manilow (looking past his plastic surgery
2.gif
) is truly a master. And, all put in decent perfomances.

My favs:

- Mandissa - really classy singing, outfit & general demeanor.

-Chris - even my hubby remarked "Dude - you are so already an idol" His rendition & style was INCREDIBLE. Gosh, was his "Walk the Line" just plain great & SEXY. Even Barry M. remarked "You don''t need me". He is a true artist.

-Kellie - delivered the song

I thought Katherine (except her "look") & Paris were rather insipid. They were very good performances - but boring.

Everyone else did O.K. - Bucky wasn''t the best tonight - But, the one I thought did the worst was Elliot. My prediction is that he will be in the bottom three tonight. I''ve liked him all along - but because he isn''t the most attractive likeable perky soul - his fan base could falter. Chicken Little did better tonight - but still needs the hook.

AOL - currently in order of FAVORITE FIRST
Katherine
Kellie
Chris
Taylor
Ace
Mandissa
Elliot
Bucky
Lisa
Paris
Chicken Little.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I want to say that Barry Manilow gets a bad unwarrented rep. He is truly a master in his field. He has double Masters w/ top honors from Julliard. He can write anything & play anything. He is EXTREMELY respected in his field. It''s just the "pop" stuff & public rep (being grandma teeny bopper music) that is what people see. He''s WAY more than that. He loves the *craft* of it all & is truly a master of it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone else think Chicken Little will grow up to be a high school band/music teacher? I can totally see him in that role.

I don''t know what Paula was on last night, but after her outbursts, I am even further convinced that she is getting high on something right before the show starts--it seems to really hit her towards the middle of the show.

I wish Paris had done something besides "Fever" or I wish they hadn''t shown her singing it during auditions--I was hoping for something I hadn''t heard from her before.

Kellie''s outfit was the pits, she reminded me of Tammy Wynnette last night with her overly made-up face and super tight outfit (Patsy Cline probably rolled over in her grave!), and WHY did she have to go and ruin a good vocal performance by opening her mouth afterwards? I thought all three judges were going to tell her to shut the f**& up for a minute there.

I love Taylor, but last night I did not care for the song he chose--it didn''t show off his voice at all, and I''m getting tired of seeing him in those tight suit trousers! Really, they were so tight the fly looked like it was down. I''m soooo glad they didn''t dye his hair, whew, sigh of relief!

Katherine was pretty good, but she lacks a little something in the personality/life department IMO. I was embarrassed FOR her during her conv. with Ryan, when she advertised the fact that she was bra-less by telling the audience she was "feelin free" and then BOUNCING UP AND DOWN. That''s class, people.
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, here''s my short rundown:

Mandisa- Hot, Hot, Hot..I thought she looked beautiful and classy and I think it''s my favorite performance by her thus far.

Bucky- It was alright for me. Didn''t knock me over but slightly above Meh..

Paris - I though she picked a great song. She''s having to compete with older more mature performance and I thought she held her own and has something special that makes her great. I enjoyed her performance.

Chris- What can you say. It''s just a star. I don''t think it was his best vocal or the best vocal of the night but he was still great and I LOVE him..

Katherine- I thought she looked beautiful. It wasn''t my favorite song choice for her but she performed it well.

Taylor- Wrong song choice, just wrong. I love him but with his talent and skill he should have picked something with more than 5 words and 5 different notes. Probably my least favorite performance by him yet. I think he''ll step it up again next week though.

Lisa- looked young and out of her league in this competition. She can sing but I''m with Simon, she reminded me of a HS show Choir performance. I thought Bucky would go home tonight but now I think it''s going to be Lisa.

Kevin- He did alright. Still reminds me of a talented HS boy and should go home. But I don''t think it will be tonight. Possible bottom three pick for me though.

Elliot- I LOVE this guy. He picked a great song and man he can sing. I think he''s safe and continue''s to get better each week.

Kellie- Back to her old self. She picked the perfect song and did it well. I enjoyed her performance, thought her makeup was too much and she looked a little uncomfortable but again, she was fun to watch.

Ace- I don''t know why he''s actually becoming my least favorite. He did fine, much better than last week but next to some of the power singers of the night it was alright for me.

My picks for Bottom 3 are:

Bucky,Lisa, Kevin/Ace- I think Lisa will go home..

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
****NEWSFLASH***

DialIdol the website that predicts who is going home by test dialing the contestants numbers is back after a cease & deisist order from Idol producers and their latest predictions can be found here.

Or ... below

1. Taylor Hicks, 53.9734
2. Kellie Pickler, 52.4967
3. Chris Daughtry, 49.7977
4. Mandisa, 49.3474
5. Ace Young, 35.769
6. Katharine McPhee, 33.0961
7. Paris Bennett, 31.7413
8. Kevin Covais, 23.8291
9. Bucky Covington, 23.2832
10. Lisa Tucker, 21.124
11. Elliott Yamin, 13.1646

They''re overwhelmingly picking ELLIOTT to leave tonight!
23.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
deco- do you know how often they have been right? I just can''t imagine Elliot going home
33.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
In order of appearance:

Mandisa - looked great and sounded awesome. If she hadn't have gone first I think she would have made more of an impact.

Bucky - I just cringe for him. Simon is right - amongst the rest of the competition, if someone had never seen AI before and this performance was their intro? they'd think this show was a joke

Paris - I didn't see her audition so I thought she looked great and sounded awesome

Chris - I admire him taking a familiar song and making it his own - but I just didn't like it. He stripped the song of its appeal and left it sounding like loose ramblings. I liked the sound of his voice but the song had no cohesiveness. Overall he's a good rocker but not a diverse overall singer.

Katherine - she blows me away every week. That is a TOUGH song that only a trained singer should attempt. She exceeded any expectations I had for her. She is one of my favorite and she looked great, too.

Taylor - big MEH, and yes Mara - he looked like a big dork!

Lisa - looked like a big dork, too. You know why she sounded odd? Timing! The song is all about quick staccato delivery and then big long notes - she hit those. But she drags behind on timing for the quick verses. No good.

Kevin - unfortunately did well last night. He's not going home. Curse Barry Manilow for giving him good pointers. Curse I say!

Elliott - sounded amazing. He needs to learn not to stare bug eyed into the camera during the whole performance. Loosen up and act natural. He just looks too unsure of himself and petrified. Voice is like butta, though.

Kellie - Whoa she's got a big butt (is what my bf said watching her) I explained to him what a low slung belt can do. Did NOT like her performance. She shouldn't walk and sing - she loses it. Ryan: Any stories for this week? Kellie: uuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm... Ryan: that's okay, you don't have to answer this week. What a dumb blonde moment.

Ace - got back to his Father Figure sound. And did the same thing with his song as Chris Daughtry but didn't get the same credit for it - WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Ace fan. I just think credit was due.

My favorites:

Katherine
Mandisa
Elliott
Chris
Taylor
Paris
Ace
Lisa
Kellie
Bucky
Chicken

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 11:03:57 AM
Author: mrssalvo
deco- do you know how often they have been right? I just can''t imagine Elliot going home
33.gif
I''d like to know as well. But, I do think it''s a strong possiblity. He''s a homeboy and I don''t want him to go. I felt he was just wrong last night. Thing is he''s sweet, can sing - but as far as being dynamic enough to really get his fan base to vote - don''t know. In fact, last night we felt so sorry for him we dialed his number and was able to get through after a short period of time.

I think Elliot, Lisa & Bucky are in the bottom three. Not saying they are deserving to be there - but I don''t know. I suppose we will see.
33.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WEll.. My question is...

MARA~ How in the Heck did you make a brownie last through half of American Idol? I can''t make mine last through a commercial... Matter a fact , after reading your post... I had to go get one and it is not going to last through this post!!!

I loved Chris last night.. but I love him everytime he sings.

I was wondering about the High thing with Paula as well.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 11:11:47 AM
Author: fire&ice
Date: 3/22/2006 11:03:57 AM

Author: mrssalvo

33.gif
I''d like to know as well. But, I do think it''s a strong possiblity. He''s a homeboy and I don''t want him to go. I felt he was just wrong last night. Thing is he''s sweet, can sing - but as far as being dynamic enough to really get his fan base to vote - don''t know. In fact, last night we felt so sorry for him we dialed his number and was able to get through after a short period of time.

I think Elliot, Lisa & Bucky are in the bottom three. Not saying they are deserving to be there - but I don''t know. I suppose we will see.
33.gif

You bring up a great point about strong personality/fanbase. It very well may be true
15.gif
and I didn''t even think to vote for him
40.gif
sounds like most of America didn''t either
39.gif
...Well we shall see, maybe there is hope
41.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
awww you guys are makiing me so sad!!! I really hope Elliot stays around. I think he could really grow and become more than just a good singer.

Television without pity and a couple of other sites are all voting Lisa as the one to go. I would have to agree -- girlfirend needs to go back to broadway - she is much more suited to that.

Here''s crossing my fingers for Elliot!!
Damn - that means I am totally going to have voting now!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay .. I''m turbocharged on French Roast and ready to roll! Rank-O-Rama!

#1 - MANDIVA. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Even SIMON thought it was a "sexy performance" and coming from a fat phobe like him: meaningful. Also Barry seemed to like her best, was I the only one who thought that??

#2 - CHRIS. Gave. Me. Goosebumps. WOW. That guy is so much a star his ____''s probably pointy. I really felt like he was singing directly to his wife, which was a whole different appealing factor. Women love the loyal men. And men respect ''em. WOW.

#3 - KELLIE. Now I''m not a "mink lover" at all but, hell, she sounded great. Suited her perfectly. Weird makeup, but whatever.

--- beginning of the MEH for me ----

#4 (tie) KATHERINE & TAYLOR. Looked a little "off". Strong singers. Not their best night. I PERSONALLY think they did start dying Taylor''s hair a little .... framing his face with slightly darker grey to make a gradual transition.

#6 - (crazily) KEVIN. Enjoyed him tonight. Can''t explain it. When he''s vulnerable and in tune, he''s appealing in a must-shoot-myself-after-this-post way.

#7 - PARIS? eh? Hated it.

#8 - ACE? eh? Hated it.

BOTTOM THREE: ELLIOTT (by the DialIdol predictions), LISA, BUCKY

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I was watching Fox news this morning and the Kimberly with blonde hair from a few idols ago was on. She does the TvGuide channel''s Idol extra. Anyway, she was saying that something people may not know about Elliott was that he is like 90% deaf in one ear and has some severe health issues. I don''t remember all of it, but she said that it would be on Idol extra, I thought it was pretty amazing that he can sound so darn good being that hard of hearing. Thought I would share. Mokey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results