Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful on you

BMI

Shiny_Rock
This is why I voted not to buy the Tiffany:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/attachments/20190527_084944-jpg.693648/
20190527_084935-jpg.693655

Yes, I'm being selfish, but please, at least set one of these so I can drool at your beautiful pictures. :lol-2:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should buy it. I love how it looks on you and as others have said, you can always sell it later on.

When I was looking for my engagement ring I fell quite hard for the Tiffany Etoile solitaire. I almost bought one but decided I would prefer a bigger diamond. I do regret my decision now. I will likely buy one pre-owned at some point. These things sometimes find a way into our hearts. I say get it!

Redsparrow

Rough_Rock
Hmm i would say BUY! Of course because it’s an iconic piece, great specs, and a good/special find. Because of the simplicity- it’s great by itself, stacking piece, even worn as a necklace so you can always change it up for diff styles.

Like many others said, you can always resell it if you don’t like it or change your mind later on :)

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
I’m voting for buying it. It’s an iconic Tiffany set, at a great price, and I LOVE dainty so there’s my personal bias disclosure. I think you would enjoy having a simple set to wear on the days when blingtastic isn’t on the agenda ☺️

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When in doubt, dont. There will be other rings if you feel you made the wrong decision in *not* buying it.
If you do buy it, please post lots of pics. :bigsmile:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe I'm such a twit. I voted don't buy and go set a coloured stone instead but this wee set has totally inspired me to go set my tiny pad :mrgreen2::lol-2::P2

Seriously though if you've got the funds and it gives you options why not. Once a blue moon I might dig out a cryptic ring I rarely wear but on the day it does match with my outfit and it's worth it on that day.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty but with so many Tiffany inspired rings being sold I don't anyone will look at the set and automatically think "Tiffany". So if it was me, I would buy it because I love the look, not because of the brand name. It does look beautiful on your hand though.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd buy it - so iconic and fun! Great to change things up. I hope you go for it!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a little on the small side. I have the same issue of something being a good deal or what I perceive as a bargain, but don't wear after. Also, if you are questioning it, you may not be sold on it.

I would pass personally.

Last edited:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would pass. I think it looks puny on your finger.
I don't see "puny". I see "delicate" "petite" and "understated elegance". I like larger diamonds, too, but petite diamonds have a charm and esthetic that's really appealing to me. If you can afford it, I think you should buy it. Even if you have other stones to set, you will always have the chance to set them later. If you pass on this and decide later on down the road that you want a Tiffany wedding set for $1200--well, good luck with that!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually don’t think that the price is much of a bargain. There are multiple T&Co solitaires in the .2ct range on eBay for at or under $1k and many take offers. The knife edge comes up for sale around $300 often. So to me this is more about being content with this set and really wanting it vs thinking that it’s a great deal, because it’s not.

I will say that I love the T&Co brand, I just bought a new band from them and sold 2 that I had. While the brand is desirable on the secondary market, contrary to what many think, it is not that easy to sell and jewelry pieces are not very liquid.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
As a lover of both solitaire(s) and dainty, I love it. The fact that it's TIffany wouldn't matter to me, (though I know many love it), I just love the simplicity.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see "puny". I see "delicate" "petite" and "understated elegance". I like larger diamonds, too, but petite diamonds have a charm and esthetic that's really appealing to me. If you can afford it, I think you should buy it. Even if you have other stones to set, you will always have the chance to set them later. If you pass on this and decide later on down the road that you want a Tiffany wedding set for $1200--well, good luck with that!
I appreciate you trying to"soften" the "puny" comment, but I asked for honesty, so have to be ready to accept it :) but you are very sweet :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think it looks delicate and feminine, and not too small on your finger at all. But only you can decide whether or not you love it enough to justify buying it (i.e., how sad you'd feel if one day someone else bought it vs how much you'd actually love it and wear it if it were yours), or if you'd be better off putting those funds towards something else.

ETA: I'm also laughing at other people's comments about their .7 or .8 stones being "little." That would be considered large where I live (stones typically run around .5 carats or below among women of my age group). It's all so relative, eh?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs - your post has made me search for smaller Tiffany solitaires! Thanks a lot. :P2

All while I wait for a .25 ct yellow gold OEC solitaire to arrive. I love love love delicate and elegant and I love that this forum has love for large and small sparklies.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
:P2 If you absolutely love it then I don't see why you shouldn't buy it. However, if its the brand that has got you "gaga over it" then i definitely think you can do better. But if its the heft and feel of the rings that you are really into then go for it. If you change your mind a branded pieces is relatively easy to let go of even if the stone is quite small. I it were me i'd leave it at the store... hope that helps...

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm changing my mind after SimoneDi's comment made me look up comparables - there are a ton of second hand Tiffany sets in all sizes.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm changing my mind after SimoneDi's comment made me look up comparables - there are a ton of second hand Tiffany sets in all sizes.
I've been looking around since she said that but not having a ton of luck in the 2k and under range. The ones I'm seeing either don't come with any paperwork (meaning I have no idea about authenticity or cut quality of the stone), or are an ering alone w.o a band.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want it, like it, and can afford it, please BUY it.
The lesson learned from this weeks ED fiasco is that it is not always about finding the lowest price.
This one is a set with the paperwork, plus you have examined it in person.

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been looking around since she said that but not having a ton of luck in the 2k and under range. The ones I'm seeing either don't come with any paperwork (meaning I have no idea about authenticity or cut quality of the stone), or are an ering alone w.o a band.
I just opened eBay and this is what first came up-
E-ring with paperwork & receipt. They take offers: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/192776517653
Band: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323834553077

ETA: I should add that T&Co will resize their rings. I personally wouldn’t want any other jeweler reworking T&Co rings as that will impact the authenticity of the pieces.

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is *something* about a classic Tiffany knife edge set, plain with no eternity, that makes my heart flutter. If I could go back & do my rings over, I would go for these. So I voted buy them!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lovedogs,

While I really like the fact the ring is a Tiffany,( I do like iconic brands) I think the stone is too small to have any impact while you are wearing it. It may not be as easy to re-sell as people here have made out. After all, this ring has been sitting in the shop a while. I think its the size of the stone that has depressed demand.

You have said your dream ring is a sapphire. While I do not know what color you want, there is a violet purple sapphire on Loupe troupe from Gene, two and something carats, unheated, 7.67 round diameter, which I would buy if I was in the market. You could give it a halo and have a gorgeous ring. I would also offer less than what she paid.

Of course, if you love, love it, buy it.

Annette

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. I love a modest solitaire and I have soft spot for Tiffany with preloved prices!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp. Went to visit it again today :) realized that once they took the price tag thing off it actually fits me as a set. 20190621_121844.jpg 20190621_121850.jpg 20190621_121857.jpg 20190621_122041.jpg 20190621_122053.jpg

So if I do buy it, I won't size it right away. I'll wear it and see if it starts to bug me. Other thing we realized once the dumb tag was off that it's only ~.25 difference, not .5 which also helps.

Of course in theory a .4 or .5 would get me extra size, which is great. But then it would be more $$ than I'm willing to spend on an alternative wedding set.

Eating lunch and continuing to go through the pros and cons list :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great on you. I’ve often thought about buying a small set like yours, just for fun.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say buy it! I do that with earrings. I have a nice larger pair of diamond studs..but also have a small pair that I change off with. Sometimes I feel like having something sweet on my old ears..This year I bought a .40 M color diamond that I had made into a bezel setting. I do wear it on my right hand in a stack.. I really enjoy it. I even gave it a name...Emma..because it’s an M color..:P2 but also because it’s so sweet. If you decide later it’s too small for your left hand..then stack it on your right hand...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back in the day I bought a lot of things on the secondary market. I had a lot of situations like you are in where I hemmed and hawed. I had a rule for myself: I only bought when I was 100% certain. When something was the exact right combination of style and price, I never felt any hesitation! I pounced. So I guess I am saying: When in doubt, don't.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results