• No, buy it!

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Other reason to not buy it

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back in the day I bought a lot of things on the secondary market. I had a lot of situations like you are in where I hemmed and hawed. I had a rule for myself: I only bought when I was 100% certain. When something was the exact right combination of style and price, I never felt any hesitation! I pounced. So I guess I am saying: When in doubt, don't.
Back in the day I bought a lot of things on the secondary market. I had a lot of situations like you are in where I hemmed and hawed. I had a rule for myself: I only bought when I was 100% certain. When something was the exact right combination of style and price, I never felt any hesitation! I pounced. So I guess I am saying: When in doubt, don't.

Dreamer has a good point here. You keep going back and forth on this so I wonder if there is something that stops you from the purchase. I too have learned to trust my gut instinct; it never lets me down. If it is not screaming to you, might be best to walk on by. Just a thought.

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
Dreamer has a good point here. You keep going back and forth on this so I wonder if there is something that stops you from the purchase. I too have learned to trust my gut instinct; it never lets me down. If it is not screaming to you, might be best to walk on by. Just a thought.

Great points by Dreamer and MissGotRocks. However @lovedogs has already been eyeing this up for a while before asking to try it on. Is it just the size and the not-usually-your-style that’s stopping you jumping on it? Most importantly do YOU actually love how the set looks on you?

I also wonder if the brand name is just a red herring at this point of decision-making as some of that probably feeds unconsciously into whether you love it or not ☺️

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
Woweeeee it looks gorgeous in the sunlight and on your hand!!!!

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
I had my phone lying on the dining room table and your last picture was open. My teenage daughter just passed by and said, “”Oh, I love that. It is so pretty!” And that was even before I told her it was Tiffany. ❤️

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great decision I love the size and look on you. Were you able to negotiate the price if it's not too bold to ask?
Congratulations!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mean, for whatever it's worth, it looks lovely on your hand. I owned a solitaire with the same size diamond at one point and I loved it. **shrug** It's a classic look. One of my good friends in graduate school also had an e-ring this size and similar style, and I always noticed and admired her set.

**EDIT: I though you were still debating but I see you bought it! So Strike "for what it's worth" from the above and just read the rest!! :mrgreen2: I love it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great decision I love the size and look on you. Were you able to negotiate the price if it's not too bold to ask?
Congratulations!
Not too bold! This is PS! :) yes, they took $100 off, so it was $1,050 before tax ($1130 something after tax). And since I'm not resizing until I have it on for a few days and am sure that I want to, I think it was a pretty good deal!

I really debated trying to recreate the look with a .4 or .5 stone, but quickly realized that even if the stone was moissanite, the platinum setting + band was at least $1500 before adding a stone. Cheapest version I could build from online vendors was 2100 (ranged from 2100-2500 for a diamond with preferred proportions). So realized that even if it's a tad smaller than I hoped, I LOVE the style so much and just wouldn't ever be able to recreate it for less. And finding a whole set like this is super rare, so I'm happy :)

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay @lovedogs! It looks beautiful on you! Enjoy it.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous on you! It’s obvious that it was meant to be!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so happy for you
may you love it for the longest time and get plenty of sparkly enjoyment out of wearing it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
opps
sorry lovedogs
i ment to also say it looks beautiful and well proportioned on your hand
(love your nails too)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats LD!. Nice find! :clap:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy for you! It looks so pretty on your hand! She looks happy to have someone to love her!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats lovedogs! I think the price you paid for both rings is great. Enjoy your beautiful, classic set - the dream of lots of girls!!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it! There's nothing like a classic look and isn't it wonderful to have options?! I'd have at least four or five ER/wedding band sets if I could afford them. There are so many looks that I love. Enjoy wearing this. I'm glad you went for it. :mrgreen2:

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It looks very refined and elegant!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s really pretty. Do you have any kids that it could maybe be a promise ring one day?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You dun good girlie--it's a real spanker! With original certs also!!!!!:appl:

I love the size.

cheers--Sharon

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It came home with me today after much consideration :) a good cleaning and sunlight made it look even better :)
20190621_140152.jpg 20190621_140156.jpg 20190621_172016.jpg 20190621_172039.jpg 20190621_171730.jpg 20190621_171901.jpg 20190621_172006.jpg 20190621_171808.jpg 20190621_140303.jpg 20190621_171820.jpg
I am SO happy for you! I was hoping you would purchase it. What a special find... a treasure... your own piece of Tiffany (which, BTW, I think you should name her - her as in the collective set - “Tiffany”)! Looks fabulous on you. So iconic. I honestly think had you let this one go you would’ve surely regretted it.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normally I'm a size ho but I love love LOVE the set on you!!!! I'm so glad you went for it.:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results