shape
carat
color
clarity

AJ''s ering "downgrade"...to a GOG OMC !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou very much to

Monnyjay
Aida1010
starshine
szh07

and Laila...lol, I think I may be reaching my allowed limit, ha! I expect to get
a warning any minute..
9.gif

Hey ltl, how are you?
It sure does, thankyou!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:34:26 AM
Author: KtIceRN
I am SOOO late to this party, but AJ your downgrade is so not a downgrade!

That stone is simply amazing!!!! I LOVE it! You did an great job picking out that stone. I know you will be wearing it proudly for a very long time!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Hi KT,
welcome, fashionably late is good, thankyou hon
5.gif

It was interesting with this stone actually - it''s completely like
it picked me, as weird as that sounds..Originally it wasn''t on the list of stones from Jon''s cutting house, and I was resigned to waiting for the next batch
7.gif

But then, the order showed up and so did this one as a surprise, smack in my specs and price range, and fit right into my setting!

So yeah, I can''t take much credit for selecting this one, but I am proud of it, cheers lovey
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 4:58:18 PM
Author: Kelli
I''m SOOO late to find this but OMG!!!! Your ''downgrade'' (YEAH RIGHT!!!!) is AMAZING!!! I gotta admit I originally got sad because I LOVED your K stone, but this one is even more amazing! I''m gonna have to have one of these some day!!

Hiya Kelli!
I think I''m gonna have to have a second one myself, the way this one''s
made an impression, he he..

thanks hon
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 11:20:28 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Arjuna- I think your ''downgrade'' is quite possibly my favorite ring on here. It is absolutely Stunning and I might have to have one of these stones at some point. To die for, seriously. Love it!

aww..dragonfly, that is very sweet, and very flattering. There are many many incredible rings on PS that I admire greatly, so thankyou kindly!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock

Hey AJJ,

I am so SMITTEN! Your stone is MAGNIFICENT! Such a kaleidoscopic show of light and colours. I LOVE IT! Congratulations on your breathtaking downsize - the term "downgrade" doesn''t do that beauty justice. Must. Have. One.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
AJJ, I saw the new pictures! That is sure a dazzler!! My favs are definitely the cabbage shots! Now you''re making me want a GOG Cushion too just like yours!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 11:55:15 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 7/7/2009 10:30:58 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

Date: 7/3/2009 5:21:09 AM

Very nice ring arjuna and your photography skills are excellent! I am really wondering if an L would be a good fit for my fiance and your pictures are moving me in that direction. That being said please do a picture with you wearing white or in front of a white background faceup and in profile of the ring. I am just wondering in what cases where you do see the colour and under what lighting conditions. My Fiance would be bothered by a hit of yellow if she could perceive it although warmth or the chameleon like properties of the stone won't bother her.

CCL,
I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you are asking 'face up and in profile of the ring'..could you pls clarify?

My one's an M, so already an L would be slightly less tint for you.
There is no yellow at all, just a slight hint of warmth in the background in only occasional lighting.
That said, I don't claim to be a colour-sensitive person, so only you can decide
what your girl will be ok with
2.gif

When I say in the background, it's because the facets light up no matter what the
environment, so the 'tint' is secondary...but here, I think this photo may explain better what I'm trying to...this is about as 'bad' as it gets.
As for lighting situations, for normal viewing (ie. not macro photos), I would say only in very low artificial lighting (ie. inside at night time).

As to the math thing - well, thanks..I think!
33.gif

Usually that kinda dispute is reserved for RT - I really don't mind about the numbers,
I'm just extremely happy with the diamond over all, and have mentioned a couple times
I'm not fazed about the downgrade in size.
I wish my girl would decide but I'm not sure that is ever going to happen. As the daughter of one of the jewler's said to me in the store "I've never seen a guy give his girl so many choices, she will never decide, you have an idea in your head and have showed her in general now YOU have to decide"

The most critical viewing position for grading colour is face down or side on looking at the girdle.
For me I think a side on shot in front of a white piece of paper or putting a white piece of paper underneath it in a faceup position is as critical as you are going to get.

What I was asking and (you don't have to
17.gif
) is a picture with a white piece of paper underneath the diamond, even in the shot you said was critical the diamond is picking up the yellow gold in your ring.
I am trying to wrap my head around a low colour like L and am looking at your beautiful rainbow throwing diamond and wondering if in critical lighting conditions whether it will bother my Fiance. Your pictures are all beautiful and certainly no complaints under all of those conditions
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
CCl,
I think you would be better served asking Jonathan to film a video for you
with a critical background and several colour grades.
I don't have controlled lighting conditions like GOG does, and everyone's computer monitor
will present my pics slightly differently.

Plus, unless your GF is an albino, what the diamond looks like on a white
piece of paper is really irrelevant to normal wear (which is what I've tried to show in all my different pics), kwim?
2.gif

Good luck with your decision!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that fire shot!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Aj thanks so much for a very through analysis of the OMC vs RB performance this is exactly what I am looking for. I feel now that I want something that is not cookie cutter the same . and just about all my friends upgrades have been RBs in platinum settings.
I think i want the boldness of the OMC and double the size doesn''t hurt either!
Jonathon has written a very helpful email so I will start discussions on warmth etc with him.
Also if GOG fit the stone did you have to pay tax on the setting as well even though it was your setting?

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Still enjoying admiring your new ring A.J! I thought of you and it yesterday when I took my kids to the park and we were admiring a bed of cabbage roses. Had a strange urge to take my ring off and photograph it amongst them. Alas I didn''t have my camera with me.

Katebar, how exciting that you are thinking of ''upgrading'' your stone to one of these!!

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Still drooling.....
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Thanks AJ for the detailed comparison. Though I never own any diamond, it''s great to know that the OMC does not lack in any way compared with an ideal cut RB.

I''ve almost never viewed a diamond except in jewelry store lighting. How does the OMC (or RB) look in complete indoor lighting? (at home or in office, etc)

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 11:33:03 AM
Author: jet2ks

Date: 7/7/2009 10:42:07 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/7/2009 10:36:30 AM
Author: jet2ks
AJ, just ''cuz I had to look at your new pics and the last one jumped out
Ha! You beat me, I was thinking of doing that.
2.gif
neenerneenerguy.gif
(Good to see you back, Ellen)
9.gif
Thank you sir!
2.gif

aj, do not even think of not posting more pics.
11.gif

And I realized, I never said how much I love the stone in your setting, it really is perfect. Loves it! And I love your cabbage shots too!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
you simply can''t post enough pictures of those facets! love the claws! delicious

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:25:35 AM
Author: swimmer
you simply can''t post enough pictures of those facets! love the claws! delicious
Ditto!!

More pics please!!!

I''m thinking of five stone ring from this new GOG cushion. I wonder if this can be done.
3.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
AJ, what''s the length to width ration on it? It''s perfect. :)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wowoweewow!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I am so late to this thread, but I have to agree with the others that this is NOT a downgrade... this stone is just ridiculously gorgeous!!!!!

Really Arj, this stone is just spectacular, thanks for all of the wonderful eyecandy!!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

tata

Rough_Rock
Trade
oh...my....gosh!!!

i''m speechless.....this ring is absolutely breathtaking!!..i do love a good cushion

You must be very proud of you new baby..
1.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no AJ...

I''ve been so happy not to like diamonds very much. But this one has everything I would want from a diamond, I''m so hooked!
9.gif
I sent hubby a link to the GOG page, hint hint
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Seriously, this is the most beautiful diamond I have ever ever seen! And your pictures are magnificent, please keep them coming.
36.gif
I''m so happy you got this when you downgraded and found out it''s more you. I can''t think of a more optimal solution.

Marie

P.S. I was happy to hear you''re studying for a job you love. Personally I''m a big believer in following your dreams, although it''s certainly not always easy, takes a lot of courage - especially in these times - and often requires living on a tight budget. I just think, and it''s also my personal experience, that it pays off in the long run.
35.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new photos Aj! The stone is gorgeous and your evaluation of it compared to a rb was very interesting

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzers! I keep coming back to look at this thread to see each new picture you post. I honestly can not tell a size difference between the rb and the OMC on your finger. Plus, those chunky facets show so much sparkle and color it''s breathtaking(I''ve NEVER gotten the fascination with seeing arrows). My hubby even said WOW when I showed him your pictures. Would he be that impressed with arrows? I think NOT.

Your ring is perfection and it sounds like it was meant to be. I love with the perfect diamond ends up with it''s perfect owner. Almost like kismet.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:37:29 PM
Author: pixley

Hey AJJ,

I am so SMITTEN! Your stone is MAGNIFICENT! Such a kaleidoscopic show of light and colours. I LOVE IT! Congratulations on your breathtaking downsize - the term ''downgrade'' doesn''t do that beauty justice. Must. Have. One.

aww, thanks pixley, that means alot coming from someone with such a fabulous set as yours!
I would be very happy if I end up with a w-band as elegant as your one
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 4:42:42 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
AJJ, I saw the new pictures! That is sure a dazzler!! My favs are definitely the cabbage shots! Now you''re making me want a GOG Cushion too just like yours!

mua ha ha ha ha
11.gif
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 12:41:49 AM
Author: katebar
Aj thanks so much for a very through analysis of the OMC vs RB performance this is exactly what I am looking for. I feel now that I want something that is not cookie cutter the same . and just about all my friends upgrades have been RBs in platinum settings.

I think i want the boldness of the OMC and double the size doesn''t hurt either!

Jonathon has written a very helpful email so I will start discussions on warmth etc with him.

Also if GOG fit the stone did you have to pay tax on the setting as well even though it was your setting?

Hey Kate,
your welcome on the comparison, I hope it helps some folks.
I know exactly what you mean about having something different - Jon has confirmed
that I''m the only one in Aus with one of these, but I''ll be happy to share with you
2.gif

Nope, no tax this time round at all (thank gawd) !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LTP!

Hey thankyou SS - I would love to see "cabbage shots" of your ring, lol..

Hey sillysweetie, you''re welcome. So far I''ve only viewed it really in my home,
which is all halogen downlights - so that was what I was describing to Ellen when I said it looks very bright and sparkly inside. And also in a couple stores, with similiar lighting.
Many folks find that their office lighting is not nice to their diamonds, but it all depends on what type, how much natural light etc, kwim? I know that the lighting at my previous office job was quite unkind to my RB, so I imagine it would be about the same for the OMC.

ha ha, thankies Ellen! I think I''ve posted most of the best ones by now..perhaps when the weather clears a new shoot is in order..? This time I might even get some proper flowers, lol
41.gif
5.gif

Hi and cheers Swimmer!

Hey Joelly, I''m sure anything is possible. They would I assume need to be custom ordered and cut to the right sizes, but thankfully this is now available as a service
1.gif

A 5 stone would be quite incredible!

Hey Sonoma, its a 1.07 - thankyou.

he he, cheers OUgirl!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 12:19:55 AM
Author: poshpepper
I am so late to this thread, but I have to agree with the others that this is NOT a downgrade... this stone is just ridiculously gorgeous!!!!!

Really Arj, this stone is just spectacular, thanks for all of the wonderful eyecandy!!!!!

hello Posh!
ah, what lovely compliments, very kind thankyou!
And you're welcome, I enjoy others' pics so much, I feel it only fair to always share mine
5.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I''m late to this thread, but I just have to say, that is one SPECTACULAR ring! I am in love with it!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I''m not sure how I missed this before, but just WOW!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, A.J., 1.07 is my Favorite, Favorite, Favorite ratio ! !
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results