shape
carat
color
clarity

AJ''s ering "downgrade"...to a GOG OMC !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
AJ,
Thank you thank you for posting more pics. Can''t get enought of this stunner!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
arj, is it ok if I save a few of these photos? I might need them if my internet stops working for a few minutes.
17.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am speechless. Will come back after I''ve gathered myself, and my questions.

Just. too. stunning.

faintthud.gif

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Some basic un-smushiness

5.gif

What a jaw droppingly AMAZING cushion!
30.gif

ajniftycushionav.jpg

stacy

Shiny_Rock
TOO GORGEOUS!

I love this stone, AJ, and the setting is perfect.

I have to say that you may have gotten GOG a sale from this post. I just emailed them to see if they have any similar stones that will fit my ring budget. Without your post, I would have gone with another vendor. I had totally forgotten about GOG! (I'm really embarrassed to say that after seeing this stone!)

It makes me so happy to see people appreciating warmer stones. Your M is so stunning... And the warmer colors are really, really pleasing to my eye!

ETA: I think you may have gotten GOG more than one sale!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 6:13:48 PM
Author: Lexie
Some basic un-smushiness

5.gif

What a jaw droppingly AMAZING cushion!
30.gif

That''s perfect Lexie,
Thankyou!!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
He he, cheers BEG - I''m glad folks aren''t finding me and my pics boring (yet?)..
5.gif

Hi equator, thankyou. Actually, unlike with antique stones, my OMC doesn''t show the kozibe from every angle. Face up, just looking at my ring normally I hardly ever see it.
If tilt "just right" to the side, than sometimes it shows up. Just for reference, I believe mine''s graded as having a slightly large culet by GIA.
Personally, I prefer not to see the kozibe all the time, as it let''s me enjoy all the outer facets un-interrupted.
5.gif

hey Honey22! Nice to see ya outside BWW
2.gif
41.gif
Ya, it was a sad decision initially, but any of that trepidation all but vanished once I opened my Fedex box (I know you know that feeling!). I am thrilled, thankyou sweet!
35.gif

ha ha ha LD, you''re hilarious - and rather easy to influence!
41.gif
I reckon this is only a mildly dangerous addiction (in comparison), so I''m happy to help ya there
11.gif
I can''t wait to find out if you decide to get one to add to your awesome collection!

Hiya Mochi, thanks hon!

Thankyou Kittybling - I saw your post over in RT, that''s great that you were compelled to join, Welcome! And cheers for the polish, it''s Winter here so I thought that was an appropriate warm colour.
1.gif

Thankyou very much Sharon.

ha ha DiaDiva, that''s def. how it''s starting to feel throughout this thread!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:13:29 AM
Author: arjunajane
He he, cheers BEG - I''m glad folks aren''t finding me and my pics boring (yet?)..
5.gif

Hi equator, thankyou. Actually, unlike with antique stones, my OMC doesn''t show the kozibe from every angle. Face up, just looking at my ring normally I hardly ever see it.

If tilt ''just right'' to the side, than sometimes it shows up. Just for reference, I believe mine''s graded as having a slightly large culet by GIA.

Personally, I prefer not to see the kozibe all the time, as it let''s me enjoy all the outer facets un-interrupted.
5.gif

hey Honey22! Nice to see ya outside BWW
2.gif
41.gif
Ya, it was a sad decision initially, but any of that trepidation all but vanished once I opened my Fedex box (I know you know that feeling!). I am thrilled, thankyou sweet!
35.gif

ha ha ha LD, you''re hilarious - and rather easy to influence!
41.gif
I reckon this is only a mildly dangerous addiction (in comparison), so I''m happy to help ya there
11.gif
I can''t wait to find out if you decide to get one to add to your awesome collection!

Hiya Mochi, thanks hon!

Thankyou Kittybling - I saw your post over in RT, that''s great that you were compelled to join, Welcome! And cheers for the polish, it''s Winter here so I thought that was an appropriate warm colour.
1.gif

Thankyou very much Sharon.

ha ha DiaDiva, that''s def. how it''s starting to feel throughout this thread!

Definitely not! Although your pictures are bad for my willpower!
3.gif
LOVE that new av AJ - I love how the band blends in a bit with the flower, and the diamond just POPS out - holy cow! Will you come and do a photoshoot of my rings???

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 4:35:13 PM
Author: gwendolyn
arj, is it ok if I save a few of these photos? I might need them if my internet stops working for a few minutes.
17.gif

don''t be silly Gwen, you don''t even need to ask!
But hold on, if your internet stops working? I''m confused!

And just in case, I don''t mind if anyone copies my ring
9.gif

imho, the more of these rainbows out there on fingers, the prettier things will be.
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 11:19:44 AM
Author: Fly Girl
That is a gorgeous diamond, AJ! I love everything about it, including the size. A nice wearable ring, with wonderful flashes of colored light is everything a beautiful diamond should be. I love solitaires, and sparkle, and yellow gold settings and I'm so happy that you went this route. I'm hoping that this will be a forever ring for you. It is so perfect as it is.

Your pictures are magnificent. Please keep them coming. You and your pictures are on their way to being another PS classic, like Ellen's ISEE2.

Best of luck with the education and the new job hunting and I hope everything works out well for you and yours.

Hey there flygirl,
thankyou, what a nice description.
This is what I told to Jon, and I'll share it here too-
even though it is slightly smaller etc, this diamond and ring just feels more "me", if you know what I mean..
Maybe it's because I've always been a lil different, a lil individual in my personality and style - and I'm really nothing like the perfection of an H&A, lol
2.gif

So I think an OMC is just more for me.

Ellen's Isee2 and her amazing fire pictures were some of the first things I really noticed on PS, and will *always* be special. She helped teach me how to get decent pics, so thanks Ellen
35.gif

And Thankyou for the best wishes FG
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 11:32:37 AM
Date: 7/5/2009 2:08:23 AM

ha ha, sorry to confuse you Gwenny!

Thanks for the compliment, and I''m sure that when you''re ready you''ll find Jon just as easy to work with as I.

1.gif

I have no doubt he''ll be easy to work with--my big concern now is what kind of stone I''m going to have him find for me!
32.gif
3.gif
2.gif
[/quote]

Ahh, don''t worry sweetie. Jon will walk you through it.
Please feel free to ask me any questions you like when the time''s right, seeing as I can compare the two cuts you like for ya.
5.gif

Will you be able to visit GOG in person? (pls forgive me, you do live in the US now...or is it the UK- sorry!)..
40.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou very much
jstarfireb

Rofl, Packrat - don''t worry, many things I''ve said about this diamond would
likely make me sound like a weirdo. I mean, we named it on like page 3, lol!
Stalk all you like hon, I know you and I have similiar tastes in jewellery - you can bet I''ll be stalking when you get your JM or CM
2.gif

Hello Dreamer, thankyou hon!

You''re welcome Joelly
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
here''s another pic to break things up a lil..

DSC04755.jpgav.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 5:14:08 PM
Author: Ellen
I am speechless. Will come back after I''ve gathered myself, and my questions.

Just. too. stunning.

faintthud.gif

Ha ha, you and your emoties Miss Ellen..
Thankyou, good to see you, come back soon!
35.gif
13.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 10:09:17 PM
Author: stacy
TOO GORGEOUS!

I love this stone, AJ, and the setting is perfect.

I have to say that you may have gotten GOG a sale from this post. I just emailed them to see if they have any similar stones that will fit my ring budget. Without your post, I would have gone with another vendor. I had totally forgotten about GOG! (I''m really embarrassed to say that after seeing this stone!)

It makes me so happy to see people appreciating warmer stones. Your M is so stunning... And the warmer colors are really, really pleasing to my eye!

ETA: I think you may have gotten GOG more than one sale!
36.gif

Hey Stacy,
well, all I can say is you have excellent taste Miss
16.gif
- lol..just j/k..
Forgotten about GOG?! Well yes, I''m glad you saw this then - even if you don''t
end up purchasing from there, just the experience of learning from and chatting to Jon
is always helpful.

Are you starting an ering hunt?
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 6:18:39 PM
Author: sillysweetie
Simply STUNNING!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Cheers Sweetie, very kind!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:15:29 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Date: 7/6/2009 12:13:29 AM

Definitely not! Although your pictures are bad for my willpower!
3.gif
LOVE that new av AJ - I love how the band blends in a bit with the flower, and the diamond just POPS out - holy cow! Will you come and do a photoshoot of my rings???

hiya BEG, That''s actually what I liked about that pic too,
how the flower has the same colour almost of the gold. Thankyou for noticing.

I think we''ve had this discussion before, ha ha..When I make it over to the US,
I''ll give ya some notice
2.gif
- on the condition of course I get to play with everything!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:16:37 AM
Date: 7/5/2009 4:35:13 PM

17.gif

don''t be silly Gwen, you don''t even need to ask!

But hold on, if your internet stops working? I''m confused!

And just in case, I don''t mind if anyone copies my ring
9.gif

imho, the more of these rainbows out there on fingers, the prettier things will be.
2.gif
I will be lost if my internet goes ka-put and I can''t browse this thread! I need my own stash, just in case!
32.gif
9.gif
2.gif

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:38:43 AM
This is my favourite picture! It looks like a mini sunset in your diamond
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my favourite shot.....Gawd.....I am beginning to think I need one of these.....
25.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
AJ!!!!! That is one gawgeous ring! I love love love it!!!

I didn''t have time to read the entire thread, so it may already be posted-but can I ask what % the depth of your stone is???

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m back to look at more pictures. I don''t think I''ll ever get tired of looking at your OMC AJ!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 8:23:10 AM
Author: Lorelei

This is my favourite shot.....Gawd.....I am beginning to think I need one of these.....
25.gif

41.gif
Just for Lozza & Kittybling..
not because I like to be an influence or anything....
9.gif

DSC04719.crop.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:40:04 AM

Date: 7/5/2009 5:14:08 PM
Author: Ellen
I am speechless. Will come back after I've gathered myself, and my questions.

Just. too. stunning.

faintthud.gif

Ha ha, you and your emoties Miss Ellen..
Thankyou, good to see you, come back soon!
35.gif
13.gif
Ok, I'm back and rested up from my vaca, in which I thought about these cushions often.
30.gif

I guess my biggest question about it is, where would you say it lacks compared to the H&A. And when I say lack, I don't mean to imply that it's bad, maybe just different. Is there any time you look at it and think, the round would look better here? (certain lighting) Or, do you ever look at it and say, this thing is kicking the rounds butt? (again, certain lighting) I guess I'm just thinking how my round never lacks, in any lighhting. That's what keeps me from getting Jon on the phone right now. I do so love my round, and I just don't want any regrets. In a perfect world, I'd just own both, but that's not happening.
39.gif

And I was so tired after getting in yesterday, I admit I just looked at pictures, I didn't read all the comments. I want to thank you and Miss Fly Girl for your generous compliments on my stone. To be honest, I had no idea it was considered a "PS Classic" by anyone. I, and my stone are terribly flattered! So thank you both!
5.gif

Your pics are just stunning aj. I realize not everyone has a great camera, or can get the hang of taking great pics, but they are so appreciated when they are on this level. You have totally got the hang of it, and you are truly capturing the beauty of this stone. Well done miss!
36.gif
You can just keep on posting them, and I'll keep looking.
30.gif

On a funny note, I showed my hubby the last pic you posted. He looked at it and made an awful face. He said, that looks terrible, it looks like someone cut a bunch of different colored pieces of paper and stuck them together. I said, that's the whole idea silly. Men.
lol.gif
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
5.gif
35.gif

DSC04756.crop.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh its fabulous.....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 8:50:54 AM
Author: stepcutnut
AJ!!!!! That is one gawgeous ring! I love love love it!!!

I didn''t have time to read the entire thread, so it may already be posted-but can I ask what % the depth of your stone is???

Hey there SCN,
cheers hon!
Actually, I haven''t posted that yet - I just went and checked the sarin, it''s 66.7% total depth
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 9:26:35 AM
Oh its fabulous.....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Yes. *bites knuckle*

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 9:26:35 AM
Oh its fabulous.....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thankyou Loz, that''s a whole lotta love - back at ya
13.gif

and Chrono - you have your own bigger and lovely OMC to look at IRL ya dork, what are you doin?! lol..(joking, you''re welcome back as much as you like)
2.gif

Thing is....I have *many* more pics not posted yet..
40.gif
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results