shape
carat
color
clarity

Affordable ring for my girl...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Gee, no opinions for me?

Well, dang!

Come on people; you''ve guided me great, so far!

Please?
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
curlycathedral.jpg
I like the one on the right.JMO

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
I''m with Mat. I like the one on the right too. I think it looks perfect for your gal!

It''s very pretty and delicate. If it seems the band is too thick - they can shave it down a tad!

And I''m sure the tulip head size will come in different sizes to suit different size stones - like other heads eg Tiffany - say 0.3ct-0.5, 0.5ct-0.75ct etc etc).

I''m sure Wink will make it perfect!

You''d now better snap up that ACA that you posted! Good luck!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...honestly I don''t like the stuller. I think the quality of that is not going to be up to par with what you''d get from Wink or WF. That being said I think Wink''s ring or the one that Valeria made for you (I guess posted above on right) are my front runners.
Good luck!

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I think the one she likes, even if she won''t say anything much more about it, is the roseco.

I''ll call WF soon.

I''m still nervous, but not like I was. Every time I come to this thread and see the setting again, I am blown away.

I think it''s a great version of her very own water lily. If only I can stay in this time frame until the end product is in my hand, so I can put it where it belongs, on her finger.

Ah... I''m SO glad it comes in 2.5mm. I was worried about that. She looked at a ruler today; says 2.5 might not be too bad, but she''ll have to be "careful about the wedding band."

Hahah... this will be another saga, I''m sure.

Just let me make it through this one, first.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif

I tried on a 2.5mm and thought it was pretty thin. I''m sure she''ll be happy with it. My setting is roseco and it''s really well made and I sent it to Rich Sherwood and he put in his report that the craftmanship was excellent. I don''t think you''ll go wrong buying a setting from Wink. If it were me...I''d buy it from him and have him ship it to WF to have them set the diamond. Just a thought...

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
That''s exactly what he said, Small. He''ll send the shank and head to WF, they''ll put the head on, then put the diamond in it.

Should work!

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I love the one on the right, too.
It''s lovely! She''s gonna be THRILLED!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one on the right too - much more elegant and artistic and "organic" - perfect!

Have you chosen a stone yet?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for the right one as well! Much more fluid and graceful.

Does your GF want a plain wedding band? If she does, Signed Pieces has a 2mm 18K white gold wedding band (I have the Raphael one- it''s wonderful!) and it''s perfect with my cathedral e-ring and it''s very thin! Anything thinner than that might not hold up over the years. http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=1919

Did you ever decide on which stone you want?

I''m so excited for you!
2.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I love the one on the right, it''s lovely.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
another vote for the one on the right.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
wow, it appears to be unanimous.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ever decide on a stone???????????????

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I''m pretty sure I have. And I plan on calling WF tomorrow.
9.gif

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Another question, if a prong gets loose, we''d have to send the ring back to WF? Or would we be able to take it anywhere to get it done? Assuming it''d have to be WF, is that a long process, to get something fixied or tightened? I doubt my girl''d like having to give up her ring for any amount of time, let alone an extened amount of time.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 8:52:27 PM
Author: argh&stuff
Another question, if a prong gets loose, we''d have to send the ring back to WF? Or would we be able to take it anywhere to get it done? Assuming it''d have to be WF, is that a long process, to get something fixied or tightened? I doubt my girl''d like having to give up her ring for any amount of time, let alone an extened amount of time.
Yes you''d need to send it back to WF, otherwise the warranty would be voided if you took it elsewhere. Doesn''t take long at all. I like the one on the right too.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh,

I can''t imagine it''d take less time than a week or two.

(Side note: I''m flipping through the channels on TV right now, and Super Mommy is on. Good flippin grief, I hope my girl and I don''t end up in the situation with children the people on this show do! I cannot fathom such. Kids rule the house. When did that start happening? My parents would have spanked me for that stuff. Sorry, just had to get that out. I feel like it''s fake, but I guess it''s not. Insane!!)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The warranty on ...workmanship would be voided, but these are stock pieces anyway, easily replaced? I guess I just have a hard time seeing what kind of workmanship defects would there be. And the setting is from Winfield's, not WF? How would that work? Most online vendors rec having the client know of someone local who can work on it. WF isn't immune to mishaps.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Julie.

I''m just trying to "piece" everything together. I know she''d NOT like having her ring go somewhere for weeks at a time.

I''m trying to figure out how to change my avatar.... challenging!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Click on "Personal Section" next to the Search button then click on "Edit My Profile" then you can change to another stock avatar or to your own custom one

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Hmm... I''d been trying to do that, and just as it was finally downloaded, the screen expired. Geesh. I wanted to use a pic of my girl and me... Maybe one more try will do it.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Crazy, it wouldn''t let me do the one I wanted to, but it''d let me do this one. This was our first picture together, ever. I was looking for one where I have less of a gut.
9.gif
Falling in love caused me to grow one, pretty quickly, too. Thankfully, it''s dropping off again. My girl''s all the time telling me I''m more weight conscious than she is, but I just can''t adjust to how quickly I gain weight these days. I used to be able to eat anything... ah, I''m losing my youth!

At least I have a fantastic woman to grow old with.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Okay people, tomorrow is buying day, and I''m feeling it in my stomach already. I am usually asleep by now, but my nerves are insane right now. I''m hoping tomorrow will be buying day; then I can relax.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
I feel like I''ll make the wrong choice, regret it, and then feel obligated to stick to it. What if, with the 10 day return policy, I wait longer than 10 days to propose, then she doesn''t like the stone?

Although, that is silly, since she''s seen both choices on the internet, and she adores them. But still.

I feel sick to my stomach. I''m going to be a zombie tomorrow, and will be until I just get it done, I suppose.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I''m voting for the Roseco ring on the right, too. My e-ring is the Roseco cathedral, but with a standard 6-prong head for a marquise. I tried on a lot of cathedral settings, and I felt this one had the most graceful "rise" up to the stone. I get so many compliments on this setting. I think the combo of the Roseco cathedral with the tulip head would be stunning with a round stone.

If you can afford it, I''d go with the .46 ACA. The color is better, it''s a little larger (the 1/2 carat seems to be important to your girl), and you are guaranteed a lot a sparkle with an ACA. My marquise came from Whiteflash 4 years ago, and one of my friends just bought a round stone from them, and we were both very pleased with their service and value.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow! how exciting Argh! Buying day, huh? I think you''ve made an excellent selection in stone and setting. I can''t wait to see how gorgeous it is, as I''m sure you and your girl can''t wait either
2.gif
Don''t you love how we on PS get so excited for eachother! So I guess you just have to take a deep breath and do what you''ve been planning on doing this whole time.
36.gif
Yay!!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
buying day!!!!!!

how exciting
1.gif
No worries Argh...you are going to love your ACA and so will she. Let us know what you decide
2.gif

ETA...don't know which one you are going with...both are beautiful but the .468 is my fav
30.gif
...I just like the numbers a hair better
2.gif
But you won't be disappointed with either
1.gif

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
Argh, don''t worry about it. This stone will blow you away, the numbers are so tight. I think you should go for the .468 although the other one is nice too! Relax, you did your homework and you did really well!

36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck.. I can''t wait to see the finished ring..It''s going to be stunning..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results