shape
carat
color
clarity

Affordable ring for my girl...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I guess you''re lucky if you can''t see them!
2.gif
Have you called WF about the .54 and the .55?

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Anch,

I dunno how lucky I''ll be if I can''t see them and my girl can.
38.gif

But, I am sure the WF people know their stuff... so I''ll leave it to them.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Hey Argh, I hope that your search is going well, although I don''t really have any advice. Have you gotten any closer to a decision? I saw something online earlier today that reminded me of you, although I may be way off.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Yep...that''s got to be it (the details are just too similar to not be
8.gif
). Don''t say what your decision is or anything...at least I wouldn''t if I was you. LMAO...man I was just like that when younger. Couldn''t wait always had to see what''s up. Hope all is well Argh! Maybe you could come back with a new screen name and let us know what you decided. I was so loving following this story too. I guess we''ll all get to know when you''ve proposed. I hope this doesn''t get you down now
7.gif
Good luck!

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Haha... that''s what I figured. Well, I''ve not posted my decision here anyway. And she did keep up with not mentioning anything to me, so if this is how she vents, fine. She''ll never have patience, I fear. But she''s my baby. Argh! But, she knew everything I''d posted anyway. I''ll just be careful not to tell what I end up doing.

She contends she''s not found my thread, and when she heard from "some people" that maybe I was here, she didn''t look around for me. She''s a really rotten liar, so I''ll be able to tell when I get home.

And I hope she comes back at least one last time: That lighthouse deal she was SO looking forward to is out of the question now. Absolutely out. I''ll have to go back to the drawing board.

And, I did mention that there is another band I''m thinking of, too. And there is one diamond sold, but I never said I bought it.

So, keep on looking for stuff, sweetie. You won''t find a thing. Sorry. I love you! Now let me get home and otherwise occupy her time.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You two are really cute!! Do you have to hide holiday packages for fear they might be opened before their time??? LOL

Best wishes to you both!!

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
haha... her mom mailed me her birthday presents so I could hide them from her. She knew that if she mailed them to her, they''d be opened and "played with" before her birthday.

She also used to open Christmas present and then re-wrap them. The girl LOVES surprises, but never lets them happen. She says I just need to be more creative. Gah, I''m going nuts trying to be creative, and here she is trying to find my ideas!

Anyway, all''s well. She''s not said anything about anything, so she''s upholding her end of the bargain, I suppose. In her way, anyway. I think it''s hilarious.

Now we''re off to walk that crazy dog of hers.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like she makes you laugh and from my vantage point, that helps make relationships last. Enjoy her and for goodness sakes, let her misery end soon..........LOL

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I posted in the other thread....but can I just say that you two are just too cute???

Best wishes to you both and Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so like that too LMAO...but you are such a great guy and you''ve tried oh so hard here that I thought what luck would have her show up here and post LOL! I really hope she didn''t see your post. That I thought would be a good thing to have her read AFTER the proposal. Well damn, now we won''t know what your decision is going to be
38.gif
Disappointing to say the least. I do think she''s sooooo excited and cute though...she seems so very nice just like you Argh...perfect fit
2.gif

Happy Easter!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Happy Easter Argh ...

I''ve lost track of your thread and don''t know where you are with the decision-making process, but for what it''s worth, I think the Diamonds by Lauren tulip setting posted above is closest the the Niwaka and among the prettiest tulip settings we''ve seen on this forum.

Look at the cathedral shank and low tulip basket that actually cups the diamond in a graceful way ... isn''t this exactly what your girlfriend was asking for?

Best of luck to you, and remember to let us know what you decide! Otherwise, Happy Monday!
4.gif

tulip_yg_setting%5B1%5D.jpg

mymodog

Rough_Rock
Hey I did not know that you were in Atlanta. My friend wanted to get a tulip setting and John Baker in Macon made him one. I did the whole thing for him because he was in Florida. It turned out really well...but it did sit pretty high. If you are interested look up Jphn Baker Goldsmith in Macon. Hers also had side stones...which could have been the reason it sat so high.
It was almost exactly like the first tulip ring posted on this thread.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Just curious about whatever happened here?

laila

Shiny_Rock
Hey february2003 - I''m curious too! Last I could gather from various threads around PS was that argh was working on getting things done, but couldn''t give many specifics anymore because his gf was on the LIW forum and he was worried she would end up on one of his threads. Anyone else know anything more?

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly...I don''t think Argh will be sharing anymore details since his lady has decided to join us as well. I know we all miss him posting his options and thoughts but at the same time I can appreciate how he wants his final decision to be a surprise.
Argh...hope you are doing well and you are close to that decision...let us know at least how you are doing.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Hi again.

I want to first and foremost thank you kind people for being not only so helpful to me, but for also being so welcoming to my girl. It seems like every time I call her (and that''s fairly often), she''s on Pricescope, talking to the "sweetest girls!" In addition, I do believe having a place to talk about this process, and the "oh so long wait" has been helpful for her, and I have since been so much less stressed about the process. I like to tease her about how you all were my girls, first. Seriously, though, thanks. A lot. She''s calmed down so much and is just so excited about it, and even with the recent turn of events, she''s been okay with it. That is a GREAT thing. Thanks five hundred times.

As for my process, while she says she''s not been here (and I believe her), I''m not sure how long she''ll be able to not come looking. If she does, she''ll tell me, and I still feel like there''s nothing that says I''m definitely doing anything, and I do want to thank Mymo for that additional ring choice, since that is an option and I think it''s nice, and it''s just more to choose from. Since I haven''t made any final choices yet.
31.gif

Even though today is the last day of April, she''s fallen right into line with hoping for May. She''s even said that our "official" anniversary in June wouldn''t be "so so so bad." That''s an improvement, because three weeks ago she was out of her mind stressed over the actual day. She knows it''s coming. I know it''s coming. She''s told me about some people who have their rings sitting in boxes, in plain view, and she made me promise I won''t do that, and not finally ask her once I have it. I promised that much. There is no way once I have it I will wait long. At all. It will probably be a matter of waiting til the next weekend when I see her. And that in itself will be hard!

This was a bit of a disappointment, but my car is sputtering again, the same way as before. I''m hoping it is the same issue, and the spark plugs just need a little tweaking. Anyway, I should know more tomorrow, and from there, I will have to choose another diamond, since all of the others were "snatched up"( just as I warned about). I do thank you all for helping me learn what I need to know, and I''m confident I''ll be able to find more great options. I do ask, pretty please, that you don''t post options on here, as I don''t particularly want to "advertise" great options in my somewhat meager price range, and just in case my wonderful girl can''t contain herself, I don''t want her to see one she falls in love with, and then it goes before I have the means to get it.

Her addiction to this place is very strong. I called her this morning, and she said she needed to go back to bed (it was 10 am) because she''d been up past 2am watching infomercials (I think she''s the ONLY one who really gets a kick out of those; she likes the cheesy acting; you should see it, she cracks up and it''s like she''s watching a sitcom) and talking to what I call "my girls." She''s so funny. Anyway, I would call that a serious addiction; wouldn''t you?

I will be back with more details, even though they may be a bit evasive. I miss getting advice from you all and I am a bit timid, maybe, to do this all on my own now. Haha... I''m a big boy, it''ll be alright. Thanks again, and again.
9.gif

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
I thought about maybe asking if anyone would be comfortable with giving me an email address, to help with the diamond choices, if I get confused or have a brain freeze over the things I''ve learned. I did review the past pages of this thread, and I believe I have it down, but somehow, I just feel like I''d be more at ease with purchasing online with one of my people''s seal of approval. So many of you helped with "teaching" me, so if any one of you feels okay with it, thanks a lot. I''d NEVER post my email address on an open forum, so I completely understand if you''re not down with that.

Maybe I''ll go incognito, and only come in to ask advice when I have the cash in hand and I can swoop on the perfect one before any snatching can be done by another. There''s an idea.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
People aren''t allowed to post email addresses so it might be better for you to make a totally new, random SN she will never guess and go from there. Good luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a really sweet girl, and I surely hope there is a great stone out there just waiting for you!

Can someone answer a question? Is there any way for us to contact one another if we wanted to get together, for example, and stay within the rules of this forum?

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I''d be willing to give you my email Argh but I don''t know how that would work with the forum rules. If anyone has ideas on how we can contact one another or give out email addresses I''d be happy to know
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d assume another name on here, and post the specs. We''ll be happy to help from there...
2.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no problem. just post the magnified image, idealscope image, the numbers.

leave out the carat weight, the color, and clarity. just don''t forget to make sure it''s eye-clean.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Hey Argh!

It''s been a pleasure having your girlfriend on here, although I know that it must be making things more difficult for you. She''s hinted about her having an idea what your username is. I haven''t asked what she thinks it is, so I have no idea if it''s right, but you might want to come up with a new one. You could try throwing her off by making it the title of a movie that she knows you hate or something.
2.gif

She keeps saying "argh" when she''s frustrated, and I think of you every time.

I think that not posting carat weight, color and clarity is a good idea. You''ll have fewer people know exactly what diamonds you''re looking at, so they''re less likely to get snatched up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results