shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on choosing a lab grown diamond

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That's a good idea. I know when I looked before there were hardly any HPHT in F, so that's probably the same for G, but doesn't hurt to look again. I just hope this warmer looking F won't look too yellow in a platinum setting. She said it definitely doesn't show any blue to it like I was concerned about with the D I had, so that's good!

Here are 2.00-2.10 G color with IGI that I see at FD (I did NOT check any of their details and specs) - how's the pricing for the 2.07 F VVS2 in comparison?

Screenshot_20230112-090913-469.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
sheezacowgurl I missed your post just now with pricing...I think the F VVS2 is comparable and competitive with G VVS2 of around the same carat weight.

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
The scope images look great. Which stone would you regret letting go of most?

That's hard to say! I liked the first two a lot; I think because they are gcal, but I really like this 2ct due to the price. I hate to get it though if one of the other options would look better. I don't want it to be too warm. I've seen a lot of diamonds in white gold or platinum and they looked too yellow to me, but I don't know the color grade of them. I did find another F and a G that were 2 ct just to compare to since that is the only 2 ct I've looked at. They are both IGI too though. Couldn't find any GCALs unless they were 5-6K range. Another reason I feel like maybe this IGI is inferior to the GCALs you picked out for me. They are 553259815 and 530206545. Do u think either of these would look any better in person than the 2ct I'm already considering?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's hard to say! I liked the first two a lot; I think because they are gcal, but I really like this 2ct due to the price. I hate to get it though if one of the other options would look better. I don't want it to be too warm. I've seen a lot of diamonds in white gold or platinum and they looked too yellow to me, but I don't know the color grade of them. I did find another F and a G that were 2 ct just to compare to since that is the only 2 ct I've looked at. They are both IGI too though. Couldn't find any GCALs unless they were 5-6K range. Another reason I feel like maybe this IGI is inferior to the GCALs you picked out for me. They are 553259815 and 530206545. Do u think either of these would look any better in person than the 2ct I'm already considering?

Since the scope images of the 2.07 look good, I don't think the GCALs would look better in person than the 2.07. If it were for me, I would go for the 2.07, as DSS sets in quickly.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Since the scope images of the 2.07 look good, I don't think the GCALs would look better in person than the 2.07. If it were for me, I would go for the 2.07, as DSS sets in quickly.

100% with Kim N

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock

That's what I'm thinking since the price is so close and bigger! She sent me this one over as well to see what I think. Price is about the same and she thinks this one isn't as warm as the 2.07ct even though they are both F. What are your thoughts between these two? Not sure if the dimensions are as good on the 2.03ct though. She said not to worry about that as long as the grading company grades it ideal, it's ideally cut haha. I could be totally wrong, but it almost look like the faceting on this one isn't as crisp or like it's deeper down in the diamond verses seeing it closer to the top? Table isn't as crisp? I dunno maybe it's just the video.

2.03 ct F. Cert# LG530206545
V360 Viewer
20230119_124347.mp4
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZH61lTIPOis7U2Sjnfls8mfXM72-vVcf/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZEGIoXzg0FL4OFALI3gJ_Wo8lSslbbNj/view?usp=sharig
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMWVJdJwNPtKWpUlMIoLOsSoUbD_yizF/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cICBXy3I_dsUkNBjqs555EexcjPeqi8L/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMuMFsk82b5ZyyGTzyFz02d3TA8CBQJM/view?usp=sharing

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That's what I'm thinking since the price is so close and bigger! She sent me this one over as well to see what I think. Price is about the same and she thinks this one isn't as warm as the 2.07ct even though they are both F. What are your thoughts between these two? Not sure if the dimensions are as good on the 2.03ct though. She said not to worry about that as long as the grading company grades it ideal, it's ideally cut haha. I could be totally wrong, but it almost look like the faceting on this one isn't as crisp or like it's deeper down in the diamond verses seeing it closer to the top? Table isn't as crisp? I dunno maybe it's just the video.

V360 Viewer
20230119_124347.mp4
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZH61lTIPOis7U2Sjnfls8mfXM72-vVcf/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZEGIoXzg0FL4OFALI3gJ_Wo8lSslbbNj/view?usp=sharig
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMWVJdJwNPtKWpUlMIoLOsSoUbD_yizF/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cICBXy3I_dsUkNBjqs555EexcjPeqi8L/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMuMFsk82b5ZyyGTzyFz02d3TA8CBQJM/view?usp=sharing

I think I see some cut wonkiness...like pavilion twist.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

V360 Viewer
20230119_124347.mp4

This one's not my favorite. I still like the 2.07 the best.

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock

I agree, I don't know what it is about the 2.03, but it doesn't look as nice to me. I think I'm going with the 2.07? Do you think in person I'll notice it to be any warmer than the two Fs you picked out for me?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, I don't know what it is about the 2.03, but it doesn't look as nice to me. I think I'm going with the 2.07? Do you think in person I'll notice it to be any warmer than the two Fs you picked out for me?

Most likely not, since you won't have the others right next to it for comparison. And color is harder to discern once a stone is set.

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
Most likely not, since you won't have the others right next to it for comparison. And color is harder to discern once a stone is set.

Great, if I can't tell the difference in color or if it's only 1 color grade warmer worst case, I think I'll take the larger one!

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
Hi! Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on the 2.07 now that we have hashed out the setting I want with some minor changes. Since we think this F is warmer and possibly more in line with a G color, what do you think of this G compared to the 2.07 F? The G is over $300 cheaper and possibly better proportions (not sure if the slight difference in proportions will really matter)

2.09 G

2.07 F

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Hi! Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on the 2.07 now that we have hashed out the setting I want with some minor changes. Since we think this F is warmer and possibly more in line with a G color, what do you think of this G compared to the 2.07 F? The G is over $300 cheaper and possibly better proportions (not sure if the slight difference in proportions will really matter)

2.09 G

2.07 F

If I were you, I would ask to bring in 2.09 for ASET and Ideal image.
It has my favorite proportion. Also HPHT G color doesn't look any yellower than the F color you choose, and makes it better deal if ASET checked out.

Last edited:

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock

2.09 G

2.07 F

In case you didn't notice, the price drop! Go go go!

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 11.15.21.png

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
In case you didn't notice, the price drop! Go go go!

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 11.15.21.png

I just saw this within the last hour! Unfortunately they can’t get the G in to view unless I buy it. She already brought the F in and took videos and aset images. I keep seeing that the proportions like this G diamond has is the most preferred. Would u be able to tell a difference in performance between this F and G? Not sure how different the proportions have to be before u can tell a difference. I feel more comfortable going with the F since she did the in-person images and videos, but I don't want to regret not getting the G if it'll perform better!

F color diamond:
Table Size
57.5%​
Crown Height
14.5% - 34.3°​
Pavilion Depth
43% - 40.8°​
Girdle Thickness
MEDIUM (FACETED)​
Culet
POINTED​
Total Depth
61.2%​

G color diamond:

Table Size
56%​
Crown Height
15% - 34.7°​
Pavilion Depth
43% - 40.8°​
Girdle Thickness
MEDIUM (FACETED)​
Culet
POINTED​
Total Depth
61.2%​

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this within the last hour! Unfortunately they can’t get the G in to view unless I buy it. She already brought the F in and took videos and aset images. I keep seeing that the proportions like this G diamond has is the most preferred. Would u be able to tell a difference in performance between this F and G? Not sure how different the proportions have to be before u can tell a difference. I feel more comfortable going with the F since she did the in-person images and videos, but I don't want to regret not getting the G if it'll perform better!

F color diamond:
Table Size
57.5%​
Crown Height
14.5% - 34.3°​
Pavilion Depth
43% - 40.8°​
Girdle Thickness
MEDIUM (FACETED)​
Culet
POINTED​
Total Depth
61.2%​

G color diamond:
Table Size
56%​
Crown Height
15% - 34.7°​
Pavilion Depth
43% - 40.8°​
Girdle Thickness
MEDIUM (FACETED)​
Culet
POINTED​
Total Depth
61.2%​

I have a slight preference for the proportions of the G, but it does look a bit warmer than the F in the videos. You might be able to tell a difference in performance if they were side-by-side.

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
I have a slight preference for the proportions of the G, but it does look a bit warmer than the F in the videos. You might be able to tell a difference in performance if they were side-by-side.

Oh man, I don't know what to do now lol! The price drop is great. I'd love to see the G, but hate to buy without FD seeing it and videoing it first. You think I should just go with the F or would it be worth it to take my chances on the G? I'd hate for the G to look wonky like the F 2.03 ct did. I think DejaWiz mentioned pavilion twist on that one.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, I don't know what to do now lol! The price drop is great. I'd love to see the G, but hate to buy without FD seeing it and videoing it first. You think I should just go with the F or would it be worth it to take my chances on the G? I'd hate for the G to look wonky like the F 2.03 ct did. I think DejaWiz mentioned pavilion twist on that one.

The 2.03's proportions were getting into a risky zone. The G's proportions are safer. I think it's worth taking your chances on the G. You can always return it if you don't like it.

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
I just checked with FD and they only allow one return every 6 months and the F probably will be gone if I go with the G and don’t like it. You think it’s better to go with the G that will perform better than the F to get a better color? Will the performance really be noticeable u think? The lady at FD told me you can’t see proportion differences unless u have ASET eyes lol. I don’t know, all of you are pretty good at this!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just checked with FD and they only allow one return every 6 months and the F probably will be gone if I go with the G and don’t like it. You think it’s better to go with the G that will perform better than the F to get a better color? Will the performance really be noticeable u think? The lady at FD told me you can’t see proportion differences unless u have ASET eyes lol. I don’t know, all of you are pretty good at this!

I generally agree with the FD rep that most people won't notice the proportion differences. I would go with the one that you would hate to miss out on if it were gone. Or buy both and return one after you wear them around.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock

all I can say is their policy sucks…
without ASET, it’s really hard to say

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
all I can say is their policy sucks…
without ASET, it’s really hard to say

I know. What a bummer!. I’d totally order it in loose, but hate to waste my one return on that if I didn’t like it since I’ll be doing a custom ring with them. I guess since the ASET images looked good on the F, I’ll play it safe and go with the F. However, I know it’ll probably always bug me wondering “what if” that G performed noticeably better lol

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
I know. What a bummer!. I’d totally order it in loose, but hate to waste my one return on that if I didn’t like it since I’ll be doing a custom ring with them. I guess since the ASET images looked good on the F, I’ll play it safe and go with the F. However, I know it’ll probably always bug me wondering “what if” that G performed noticeably better lol

I don’t think you will go anything wrong with F. It is a beautiful stone! Without training eye, I don’t think I can tell difference. And Kim says G does look more warmer in video. So, I will go with what Kim or DeJaWiz says

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
G color
Screenshot_20230126-181735-664.png

F color
Screenshot_20230126-181803-376.png

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
I don’t think you will go anything wrong with F. It is a beautiful stone! Without training eye, I don’t think I can tell difference. And Kim says G does look more warmer in video. So, I will go with what Kim or DeJaWiz
Thanks, it is pretty! FD sent these screenshots over to me and side by side in the still photos the F does look brighter to me whereas the G looks darker. I don’t think it’s more yellow though at least by these photos. I definitely don’t want it to be too warm in the platinum setting. 8E555281-8F4E-44CD-83BC-BC7D4DBFCDDE.jpeg

Attachments

• 5E63626D-04DA-4041-A226-1803173DF6F6.jpeg
    5E63626D-04DA-4041-A226-1803173DF6F6.jpeg
    546.4 KB · Views: 13

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Kim N do you see any blue nuance with this one?
I don't see any, but I want a second set of keen eyes, if you don't mind.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim N do you see any blue nuance with this one?
I don't see any, but I want a second set of keen eyes, if you don't mind.

It's borderline, but I'm leaning towards yes because I seem to see a subtle blue on multiple pauses in the video.

2.03-E.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results