color
clarity

Advice on choosing a lab grown diamond

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Can they get this one in on memo?

tajoxi2456

Rough_Rock
Hey all - so grateful this forum exists and that DejaWiz and Kim are so amazingly helpful. Been trying to learn for a while but need help now. Will post my question later, but just wanted to thank some of them for their GREAT contribution.

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
Can they get this one in on memo?

Can’t get this one in on memo either. Apparently this source no longer allows them to get diamonds in on memo, only direct sales.

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
Good morning, @DejaWiz and @Kim N what do you both think about proportions with crown angle anywhere from 35-36+ with a pavilion angle between 41-42? I've spent a lot of time going through what FD can get in on memo and most are CVD. The few HPHT I've found have the proportions I listed above. You both were so great educating me on proportions, so thought I'd ask you. Thanks in advance!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I, personally, would go for a steeper 41-42 PA paired with a steeper 35+ CA. That angle of CA would be best paired with a shallower PA.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, @DejaWiz and @Kim N what do you both think about proportions with crown angle anywhere from 35-36+ with a pavilion angle between 41-42? I've spent a lot of time going through what FD can get in on memo and most are CVD. The few HPHT I've found have the proportions I listed above. You both were so great educating me on proportions, so thought I'd ask you. Thanks in advance!

I don't like those proportions. They are in the steep/deep range, and I would only consider it if it had a perfect ASET image. I personally prefer crown angles of 34-35 and pavilion angles of 40.6-40.9.

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock
I don't like those proportions. They are in the steep/deep range, and I would only consider it if it had a perfect ASET image. I personally prefer crown angles of 34-35 and pavilion angles of 40.6-40.9.

Thank you both! @Kim N Your preferred proportions was what we originally looked at, so I wasn’t sure when I was seeing these higher ranges. I absolutely love the way my diamond now looks and performs, except for the color. I was able to compare it to a 2ct D in person yesterday and I loved that color so much more. Really beating myself up for thinking I needed a warmer color. I really believe that first D I had just wasn’t great (lesser performance than this one and unlisted slight blue nuance) and I attributed that to thinking it had something to do with the D color. My F does look warmer in person that it appears on photo. I could easily see the difference in the D, but when I viewed a G I had a really hard time seeing any difference. The lady said she thought mine was closer to a G or H. Anyways, thanks for the help again and thought I’d share!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results