color
clarity

A VC halo of pink diamonds for my holy grail

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow I’m just now seeing this thread and this amazing ring!! As someone who has rocked the emilya, I have to say this is an absolutely incredible iteration of it!! Victor does amazing work and that diamond is truly incredible!! :love: More pics always welcome!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow I’m just now seeing this thread and this amazing ring!! As someone who has rocked the emilya, I have to say this is an absolutely incredible iteration of it!! Victor does amazing work and that diamond is truly incredible!! :love: More pics always welcome!!!

Thank you, twosanguinehearts! You know, it was your re-cut with Single Stone that got the wheels turning for me to begin with! And I loved how it looked in your two-row Emilya. :kiss2: I can't wait to see where your diamond journey ends up with your current search.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N
Good Lord, this is beautiful. What were the specs on the original stone (pre-recut) and after the recut?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N
Good Lord, this is beautiful. What were the specs on the original stone (pre-recut) and after the recut?

Thanks, msop04! The primary changes were to the pavilion angle (40.9 => 40.7) and LGF (78% => 65%).

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This ring is absolutely fabulous! perfect execution.. would you share the dimensions of the center stone? I am purely curious. Now that I have gotten into rounds more ( I have an AVC) I am trying to understand the mm size of rounds..

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, msop04! The primary changes were to the pavilion angle (40.9 => 40.7) and LGF (78% => 65%).

What was the difference in size (mm)?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I must have been living under a rock. Your ring is stupendous. That recut clearly was successful. The facets are gorgeous. And of course, Victor's halo... Congratulations on this stunner! :kiss2: Great way to start of 2022!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this and now I'm off to sell a kidney or two in the hopes of one day having a ring just like this.

It is absolutely STUNNING and I am dead!!!!

Aww, thanks very much, margauxmines!

This ring is absolutely fabulous! perfect execution.. would you share the dimensions of the center stone? I am purely curious. Now that I have gotten into rounds more ( I have an AVC) I am trying to understand the mm size of rounds..

Thank you, Maggiemeans! The diameter is 10.55mm and the depth is 6.44mm. I would love to get an AVC one day.

What was the difference in size (mm)?

It went from 10.62mm to 10.55mm.

Wow, I must have been living under a rock. Your ring is stupendous. That recut clearly was successful. The facets are gorgeous. And of course, Victor's halo... Congratulations on this stunner! :kiss2: Great way to start of 2022!

Thanks so much, LLJsmom! By the way, I relate so well to everything you've said about aging eyesight. I feel like all my choices with this stone and setting had to do with my aging eyes—larger facets, higher color, contrasting halo...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So, I keep coming back to this thread - would you be willing to indulge with photos in other lighting? I’m curious about the contrast b/w the halo and the center stone!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Kim your ring is quite amaaaazzzzing! And love the faceting on your recut stone. Did you make a thread on your recut? Please post the link.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim your ring is quite amaaaazzzzing! And love the faceting on your recut stone. Did you make a thread on your recut? Please post the link.

Thanks so much, ariel! I'm very happy with how it turned out. I never made a separate thread, but some of the details are sprinkled in this thread. I'm excited to see your recut! Are you recutting to a transitional or to an OEC? Who is doing the recutting?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW WOW . THAT IS OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING. NO WORDS. PERFECTION. I LOVE IT.

Aww, this totally made my day, Mrs Flowers! Thank you for your very kind words! ❤️

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I have been remiss in starting a thread for my HFG.

I love old cuts, but I also love high color, high clarity, and precision cutting. I turned to LGDs in order to get everything I wanted under budget. She's my holy grail, a custom re-cut (from an MRB) transitional 4.3ct diamond. She performs amazingly and is such a fireball.

She was initially in a solitaire, but I found that diamonds look smaller on my hands compared to others with the same finger size. I have always loved the Emilya, and I pored over many photos of other PSers' Emilyas with OECs. I also adore pink diamonds, so what better to do than to meld the two? The halo is in 18K rose gold; the stems and shank are in platinum. I decided on a plain shank for the stacking opportunities and so that it would still feel like a solitaire. I can't get over how perfect the Emilya is—there's so little metal, all I see is diamonds.

Months later, and I still can't stop staring at her. I feel so lucky that she's mine. 2020 and 2021 were hard years for me personally, and every time I look down she brightens my day.

pink-halo-10.jpg

pink-halo-12.jpg

pink-halo-11.jpg

pink-halo-4.jpg

pink-halo-9.jpg

pink-halo-1.jpg

halo-comparison-2.jpg

stack-2.jpg

pink-halo-7.jpg

pink-halo-8.jpg

Absolutely, gorgeous!!! :kiss2:

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, DiamondsOnly! I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up with for your upgrade!

Me too! lol
I have a busy month or so ahead of me so the research now and knowledge from you all has helped tremendously. At least when I come back I know what I'm looking for and won't have so many questions (but I'm sure I will). =)2

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say this is one of the most spectacular rings I've ever seen! That transitional cut is just:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say this is one of the most spectacular rings I've ever seen! That transitional cut is just:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:!!

Thank you very much, CBianco! I'm glad I'm not alone in loving pink jewels! :bigsmile:

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That is so incredibly pretty! The colors are amazing, I'm just in love :kiss2:

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N I can't believe I missed this. What a gorgeous piece to be able to admire daily! That VC halo with the pinks is just perfection.

Question about the process: Did you have the stone recut before contacting VC, or was the recut part of working with him and he sourced the recutter?

Ps. Also wanted to say a quick thank you for all the help you (and @DejaWiz) give the rest of the LDG forum in hunting down the perfect stones and educating. <3

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N I can't believe I missed this. What a gorgeous piece to be able to admire daily! That VC halo with the pinks is just perfection.

Question about the process: Did you have the stone recut before contacting VC, or was the recut part of working with him and he sourced the recutter?

Ps. Also wanted to say a quick thank you for all the help you (and @DejaWiz) give the rest of the LDG forum in hunting down the perfect stones and educating. <3

Thank you very much, emmy12, you're so kind! I always love reading your posts analyzing CADs since I can never read them like you do. To answer your question, I had the stone recut separately before contacting VC--hope that helps!

And it's always my pleasure to help in the LGD forum!

NanNan

Rough_Rock
I just came across to this thread, and WOW--- this is one of my favorite rings.
I love the antique cut diamond, and combination of pink and white. LOVE IT VERY MUCH.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I'm obsessed, this is SO BEAUTIFUL. Do you wear it every day? Do you do anything or just stare at it all day?? Because I would get nothing done and stare at it all day! I LOVE the facets, I hope mine comes out even a little close to this!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just came across to this thread, and WOW--- this is one of my favorite rings.
I love the antique cut diamond, and combination of pink and white. LOVE IT VERY MUCH.

Thank you for your lovely comments, NanNan! I really appreciate them.

NanNan

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your lovely comments, NanNan! I really appreciate them.

Hi Kim, I am wondering after recutting, how much of diamond weight has gone down?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results